[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cut or bulk ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: skinnyfat.jpg (1MB, 2536x2440px) Image search: [Google]
skinnyfat.jpg
1MB, 2536x2440px
Okay so first pic was taken around Easter this year. 102kg and about 20 something % BF. Cut to 87kg 13% BF in August. Wanted to go as low as sub 10% BF and then start a slow bulk through winter. Is this viable or should I bulk straight away ? Did some FBW with dumbells for a couple of months with good diet. Recently started 5x5. By starting I mean I only did 1 week so far. Some of exercises were limited by the weight of dumbells (10.5kg each) and besides that I wanted to take it slow to make sure I won't kill myself. Bought myself a bar and 100kg of weights. DL is higher than the rest because I realised I can easily lift 50kg bags of wheat in my barn. Lastly I know I look like total shit but I'm working to change that. Wanted to look like a normal human being just once in my life and that's why I started all that.
Stats now:
195cm 87 kg
OHP:22.5 kg
SQ: 18.5 kg
DL: 60 kg
BP: 22.5 kg
ROW: 22.5 kg
>>
>>38807732
Don't worry about cutting or bulking. Just eat and lift. Come back 1 year.
>>
File: (((YOU)))).jpg (24KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
(((YOU)))).jpg
24KB, 570x587px
>>38807732
>SQ 18.5 KG
>BP 22.5 KG

Holy fucking shit OP, My 12 year old brother benched more when i took him to the gym for shits and giggles
>>
Cut until your lifts stall, then bulk.
>>
>>38807936
>>>38807732 (OP)
>>SQ 18.5 KG
This isn't even the bar
Ze fak?
>>
>>38807957

As I said I'm a total newb. And for a time all I had were my dumbells. The bar is steel 180cm 8 or 9kg I don't remember.
>>
>>38808032
Ignore the people laughing at your starting stats they'll shoot up in no time.
Just eat well perhaps look to stay at maintaince to achieve a body recomp if you cut you'd literally go skelly and youre currently in the sweet spot where you can continue to lose fat but gain lean muscle as long as you're getting 0.8-1.0g of protein per lbs you weigh
>>
File: a7yb5T1.jpg (86KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
a7yb5T1.jpg
86KB, 1024x678px
>>38808096
And make sure you lift too pls (consistently)
>>
>>38807732
Your stats are really low.
But well, everyone has to start somewhere. The important thing is where and if you stop.

You will hear a lot of different opinions. But I also think that you shouldn't be too concerned about bulking and cutting if you are that new to lifting. You will even build muscle at a maintenance diet as newbie, if your protein intake is sufficient.
Just lift heavy and eat at maintenance. Afterwards you can slow bulk if you didn't overeat before.

Also I recommend watching some scooby1961 on Youtube. He is really beginner friendly and answers every question you might be concerned with.
Experienced lifters usually dont bother watching him because they (think they) know what they are doing.

Good luck, my fellow lanklet. (6'4, 240lbs here)
>>
>>38808096
One thing I always make sure of is following macros. Sometimes I ate like shit but I always followed macros. I stopped following diet in august staying on about 90-89. And my bodyfat dropped from 17.5% to 13%. My initial goal was to cut until abs could be seen. All I got were some new veins on forearms and hands. Abs are still covered by layer of fat. I lift using 5x5 and run 3 times a week for about 4-7km (depending on how my body is feeling)
>>
built like a eunech. you Need a run m8
>>
>>38807732

Why does that body shape occur? It is estrogen related?

I have it too, I don't see a way out of it without using gear.
>>
>>38808335

I'm pretty sure it's just my genetics. I always had big hips. Plus I have weak core. My only hope is to go fridge mode.
>>
>>38807907
he's right
>>
>>38808335
I also do blood tests because I'm a blood donor. Other than some minor issues my hormones levels are fine.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.