[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Close one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1683.gif (983KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1683.gif
983KB, 250x141px
My gf is a few kg's overweight, and I've been jedi mind-tricking her into losing weight using various methods. Has been working a treat

She was just telling me about some woman at her work (a bigger lady) who's husband cheated on her with one of his clients (he's a pt). Conversation went from him being an ass to how you can not tell your partner youre unhappy with their body, and I almost let slip what I've been doing to her this past month. Shit was pretty tense.

Any other /fit/ bros had similar experiences? Also, is there any advantage to squatting with a narrower stance, or should you just go wide all the time?
>>
A few kilos? So what she is like 180cm and weighs 83kgs? Really that's within tolerable, may still have good looks, too.
>>
More adductor in wide stance squats, more quads in narrow stance squats. More hip mobility required for wide stance, more ankle mobility required for narrow stance. Less range of motion in wide stance, more range of motion in narrow stance.

If your stance is too wide (very wide) you may start to get valgus collapse of your knees, which is potentially bad. If your stance is too narrow (given you can't push your knees out far enough) your femurs will hit your pelvis on the way down.

If you can't do both you need to work on flexibility.
>>
>>38806406

Give us some of those jedi mind tricks OP. My gf is in OK shape and going in the right direction but I may need some devilish tactics if things change
>>
>>38806520
Nah she's 5'2 and weighs 65kg. I still think she's sexy as fuck, I just wanted to nip the weight gain early and get her on the right track, so i didn't end up with a whale.
>>
>>38806792
That's quite overweight, I'm 5'4 and weigh 56 and I'm trying to lose a bit
>>
>>38806739
Pt 1.
She has a big dog, which she barely used to walk. I subtly shamed her for not walking her own dog for a few days until guilt set in and she started walking it regularly. Once she had done that for a about a week solid, I spent some of my spare time training the dog to run whenever she gets taken out, which forced my gf to do more than just placidly walk the dog for 10 minutes and achieve nothing. Gf has started enjoying the jogs and the energy she has in everyday life now.
Daily cardio: Done
>>
>>38806739
Pt 2
Not so much a mind trick as just leaving no alternative, but I took over the grocery shopping and only bought one pack of the chips she likes. Everything else is clean, nutrition food. Showed her how to spice/marinade shit healthily, made it a bit of a competition to see who could make the best stuff (we're both pretty competitive people) and now she loves to make tasty, healthy dinners. It took about a week or so of bitching about no tasty num nums in the house for her to get a taste for veggies and fruit instead of potato chips and chocolate. The one pack of chips is still there, but they don't even get finished most of the time. I meal prep and she loves helping me make everything and having healthy shit ready to eat during the day.
Portion sizing is still a bit of an issue but it's getting better every week
Healthy Eating:Done
>>
>>38806739
Pt 3
She fell for the "women don't lift because they turn into gross manbeasts" meme, so I've been encouraging her to come to the gym with me when it's quiet and just do some basic weight training. I kept myself in boxing shape from when I used to fight, I like shit on facebook about women who lift/recovering fatties (not gym selfies from sloots though, I'm not looking for the jealousy angle) and talk to her about my own weight loss (from 115kg to 62kg at my lightest, 72kg now) It helps that one of my mate's wife has been lifting for a few years and she's got a real nice body, so whenever we hang out with them the subject of the gym comes up and my gf gets more and more interested every time. My mate's wife is in on the plan and helps me out. Gf has started asking me questions about workouts and shit so with a bit more guidance I'll get her to come regularly.
Lifting: On track
>>
>>38806827
Eh, I like 'em thicc so I'd be stoked if she just lost a little bit of the belly/arm fat. She hit a fucking sweeeet spot when she first put weight on but now she's gone a little past it.
>>
>>38806406
>you can not tell your partner youre unhappy with their body

What a load of shit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.