[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cut/ting recipes, slowcooker edition: Post your best recipes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (32KB, 564x495px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 564x495px
/cut/ting recipes, slowcooker edition:

Post your best recipes for getting the weight off while lifting, bonus points for pic related
>>
File: 1474430360664.jpg (57KB, 483x488px) Image search: [Google]
1474430360664.jpg
57KB, 483x488px
I usually fill my slow cooker with Monster Zero Ultra™, with 0 calories it is great for cutting and has vastly improved my results in the gym.
30 minutes on medium heat makes a GOD TIER soup :)
>>
>>38802865

are you talking about like cooking meat in a sugar soda, or like just the energy drink?

DESU senpai I don't really need zero cal drinks or snacks to distract me, I'm mostly looking for meals to fill my macros cheaply without being too bland
>>
>>38802865
What a shitty meme

I thought summer was over
>>
>>38802943

yeah, I just noticed his shit all over the rest of the god damn board.
>>
Alright, how bout an orange chicken recipe I found to kick things off?

4 chicken breasts

2 medium oranges, peeled and sliced into coins

1 Tbp minced ginger

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 tsp orange zest

3 Tbp rice wine vinegar

1 Tbp low-cal sweetener (splenda)

3 Tbp soy sauce

1 Tbp miso paste (if you have it)

1 tsp cornstarch
>>
>>38802891
He was using a shitty meme

But pork shoulder and coke/dr pepper is goat pulled pork recipe.
If not on a cut, add in your fav bbq sauce.

Also NEVER use diet soda in slowcooker. You need the sugars to help caramelize
>>
>>38803254
>NEVER use diet soda in slowcooker

:( I have actually seen some diet soda pulled pork recipes and wanted to give it a try sometime, as I'm diabetic.

The sugar won't 'cook out' of pulled pork, will it?
>>
>>38803269
The artificial sweetners destabilize in the heat, turns into a foul smelling tar substance. Had a real... Chemically smell, not sure how else to describe it

t. used diet coke and ruined my pork
>>
Easy shredded slow-cooked beef tacos

>Take a couple pounds of a cheap piece of meat like round or chuck.
>dry rub with those 70 cent packets of taco seasoning.
>put meat in slow cooker and cover it with salsa. (pace picante is what I use)
>cook for 8 hours on low heat
>remove salsa or leave it in
>pull meat apart and you're done
Serve it in corn tortillas. It's pretty cheap and it lasts a long time.

Made it for a company potluck one time and it was gone pretty quickly. Nobody knew it was pretty much just the cheapest shit I could find dumped into a slow cooker.
>>
>>38803269
>>38803296
Aspartame does, but sucralose is heat stable and is marketed as an artificial sweetener for cooking.
>>
>>38802832
Why do so many people on this board love slow cookers? I get that it's convenient, but my mom used to cook fucking everything in them and almost everything tastes worse in a slow cooker. It just turns everything into shitty mush with more or less one texture and it doesn't allow you to apply more advanced seasoning methods than, "Just throw all that shit in there at the same time fampai"

Btw, OP's pic is a cooked pot roast surrounded by a bunch of raw bell peppers and sprigs of rosemary. I don't know the recipe, but if I were making it in a slow cooker I'd do the following:

>Chop fresh 1/8 cup thyme, 1/8 cup rosemary, and 1/4 cup parsley and put in a bowl.
>Mince 3 cloves garlic and combine with herbs.
>Add 1 Tbsp salt and 1 1/2 Tbsp pepper to herb mixture.
>Stir herb mixture.
>Add a fat of your choice to herb mixture (butter, oil, ect). Probably add for 1/4 a stick of room temp butter or 1/2 cup of oil (adjust depending on how big the roast is) and combine with herb mixture
>Rub the pot roast with herb mix so that it's evenly covered
>Put in slow cooker on low for 6-8 hrs depending on how well done you like your meat. It should be at least 60 degrees C in the center for safe consumption.
>Baste every hour for best results
>Add bell peppers 1-2 hours before serving time
>>
Found in another /fit/ recipes thread:

5 chicken breasts

3 diced potatoes

1 or 2 diced onions

2 tins diced tomatoes

2 tins red kidney beans

2 tins black beans

1 tin tomato puree

Also add either 2 packets of chili-con-carne seasoning or add spices to taste (cumin, paprika, chilli powder etc)

Leave the chicken breasts at the top so after 8 hours you can take them out and pull them with forks, then stir back through.

I've been doing this every week for 5 servings of roughly 1000cal and 100g protien depending on size of chicken breasts
>>
>>38803318

No-one likes hearing this, but it sounds like your mom was just a shitty cook.
>>
>>38803314

what sodas use sucralose? The "splenda" version diet coke?

also, does slowcooking with soda work for other meats, like shredded chicken?
>>
>>38803318
slow cookers are just easy. That's why everyone likes them. I think the best ways to use them are spaghetti sauces, soups, or chili.
>>
Choose any meat, chicken or pork is cheap in bulk usually. Throw in some cut up red potatoes, carrots, broccoli, most vegetables really. Add random seasonings that smell good and set for 6-8 hours on low. If you added a lot then you'll have a couple dinners made and they usually are pretty tasty.
>>
>>38803310
>Nobody knew it was pretty much just the cheapest shit I could find dumped into a slow cooker.

Lel
>>
>>38803347
The acids in the soda help break down the meat, making it nice and tender. The sugars help caramelize. And the flavour of the soada seeps into the meet. (Coke and Dr Pepper are my go to. Can also use root beer.)

Can use any meat, but I tend to use tougher cuts. Using tender meat would probably turn into mush
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.