[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forearm pain during EZ Bar curls.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: dshjkkdajfhlewleheufldjkhhfal.jpg (49KB, 681x686px) Image search: [Google]
dshjkkdajfhlewleheufldjkhhfal.jpg
49KB, 681x686px
For a week now, I've been doing EZ bar curls, and I had no problem, I reached 10 repetitions with 15 kgs on each side of the bar. Today in doing so, I felt a sharp pain in the forearms when I fully flexed my arms, leaving the bar at chin level. It doesn't always hurt, only when I load weight, and is annoying.
If it has happened to you, do know how long I should take off? One week?
>>
>>38782377

you are actually stupid or something idiot
>>
EZ bar is supposed to hurt less. Your forearms are weak. Work through the pain
>>
>>38782398
And give himself tendonitis?

Do drag curls and dumbbell curls. Ease off the work that makes it hurt for a while and work your way back into it. If you switched to EZ bar because straight hurts and now EZ hurts too, you're probably making the injury worse.
>>
>>38782377
I've had some sort of tendonitis probably forearm pain when I use my thumb to grip or release grip for 3 months straight now, call me if you figure it out. Thankfully not even deadlifts really require me to use my thumbs that much to hold the bar so I can work out mostly unhindered.
>>
>>38782511
I'll consider your advices, thank you.
>>
>>38782398
>work through the pain
Believe me this is a bad idea
>>
>>38782670
This. Is the reason I've always been nursing at least one injury for the last year. The adrenaline makes me think I'm invincible until a few sessions later I realize I've done fucked up, after which I still continue to punish it further.
>>
Rest for a bit and once the pain has stopped, deload a few kilos and try again.
>>
File: 1472828932995.jpg (37KB, 700x564px) Image search: [Google]
1472828932995.jpg
37KB, 700x564px
>>38782377
Take about a week off and then add in whatever forearm exercises you feel are most effective.

Grip/forearm shit:
>Regular grip DLs
>Wrist curls w/o thumbs
>Reverse Grip Curls
>Pull ups/Chins
>Weighted negative Pullups/chins
>Hang from the pullup bar and do abs while you're there. Knees to chest/toes to bar whatever floats your boat
>Farmers Walks and variations of them
>Grab a 10lb bumper plate and gripping the top of it pull towards you and flip it and catch it
>You could try Fat Gripz for Farmer's Walks/DLs
>Twisty rope thing with the plate on a chain. Roll the weight up and down

>Weighted Dips but this hurt my forearms a lot more than it helped and once I hit 90lbs added it was killing my elbows/shoulders.
>>
>>38782864
Lel dont do pic related people you will snap your tendons

Inb4 moralfaggotry
>>
>>38782923
Figured I'd at least add in one prank for OP
>>
>>38782864
>big red dot on lower picture to signal something bad like pain

only an idiot would just go ahead and try this.
>>
>>38782864
What's this picture supposed to depict anyway? Never seen a movement like that.
>>
>>38782923
>>38783027
>>38783061
That's stretching your extensor pollicis longus and brevis muscles. Educate yourselves.
>>
>>38783027
You mean
>only an idiot would do this motion as fast as you need to destroy the tendon.

If you do it slowly like a stretch its not bad and you can feel how painful it could be. Tbh if anyone ever fell for this they deserve it for being retarded
>>
File: 1451412783983.jpg (15KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1451412783983.jpg
15KB, 600x375px
>>38782377
>ez bar
>curls
ayyy
>>
>>38782864

I have bit of wrist pain and thought this was an stretch. Now I think I have carpal tunnel syndrome faggot
>>
>>38782377
Can you hipsters just use pounds like normal people? If it hurts just take a break that's it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.