[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 3.jpg (122KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
122KB, 1080x720px
I'm a 5'9 manlet, 25 years old. Military vet. Some college.
DL: 455
B: 225
S: 365
OHP: 135

Where can I get a job, preferably unionized, that pays me to lift heavy things or requires lots of stamina for decent pay. I live in Houston.
>>
>>38781913
Nobody is gonna hire you with that ohp
>>
Prolly ironworkers. Call the local Building and Construction Trades office @ http://www.bctd.org/Official-Directory/Local-Councils.aspx
>>
Travis County is hiring a Medicolegal Investigator right now. Qualifications vary by jurisdiction all across the country but depending on your enlisted/commissioned MOS you might get an interview.

Job duties entail responding to the scenes of unnatural, untimely, or otherwise suspicious deaths and coordinating with law enforcement and the medical examiner to determine a cause and manner of death. May involve some autopsy/morgue work. Requires you to be able to lift the bodies, move them around the morgue, you're constantly moving and its a municipal job so good benefits. Also you must weather and all of the elements and terrains of your jurisdiction.

t. it's what I do, just not in Houston.
>>
Op don't be a ranch hand I did that a couple years back hard fucking work and low pay.
>>
>>38781993
>>38781913

direct link to the job can be found at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/traviscounty/jobs/1535370/medical-examiner-investigator-i
>>
>>38781993
I don't think I'm qualified to do investigative work but I can record what I see and observe and have no problems with lifting dead people. Do you need college? This sounds like you need some sort of qualification.
>>
Bunch of shit in construction
welding/glasswork/carpentry
mining (great money if you go work mines for long stretches like a deployment)
Lumber
Fireman

good luck.
>>
>>38781913
>being this much of a t-rex
>>
>>38782055

As I stated, it completely varies by jurisdiction.

e.g. In El Paso County Colorado, do this type of work all that is needed is a HS Diploma/GED and 1 year in a morgue/funeral home, or an associates degree and no experiences.

In New York City you need to be a nurse practitioner or a physician's assistant.

You need to check the job posting to see what qualifications are for YOUR jurisdiction.
>>
>>38781913
Come work for HFD with me broski. Most people here are military. Academy is fully paid and you are salaried while attending. Been here four years now, around same age as you. HFDcareers.org they have a civil service exam in February coming up. Good luck bro.
>>
>>38781913
Look for federal jobs on usajobs.gov. Vets get preference for a lot of the postings. Maybe you can find something in a warehouse or in the woods or something.
>>
>>38781913
You're not a manlet at 5'9" OP. You got the short end of the stick, but you're still an average sized guy. 5'8" and under is manlet status. I'm 5'10" and I feel fine.
>>
>>38781913
Wait for Trump to get elected and help build the Wall.
>>
>>38784625
I might just do that.
What's the down time like? What are the qualifications for the academy?
>>
>>38784710
We are sitting around watching Drumline and the guys are eating salsa and chips. After I get off at 630 in the morning after sleeping g st the station ill sleep more st home and enjoy a nice five days off. We only work two 24s every eight days. On days you work on the ambulance it's busy though. Qualifications for academy is no drugs in last three years, two years military or 60credit hours, less than 36 years old by time of graduation, and lastly no serious crimes or driving violations. You have to do an easy pt test, background check, lie detection test, piss test, and physical. Academy nine months paid with EMT and fire certs done throughout for free. Also salary about 35k in academy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.