[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mate seid BCAA s are a load of horse piss. Is he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

My mate seid BCAA s are a load of horse piss.

Is he right?
>>
>>38777287
what is going on in that picture?
>>
Pic not related
It's a lion slapping a lion dead
>>
Source of the pic? I'm having a hard time believing a lion can break another lions neck like that with its paw.
>>
Holy shit@pic
>>
kinda.

The consensus of the modern day understanding is that

amino acid requirements are not measures in minutes but in hours.

even if you pump bcaa into your veins its not significant with the except of a few cases due to age/deficiency/calorie restriction etc.

If you're a normal functioning human being on a non-calorie restricted diet then yes.

if you're calorie restricted then MAYBE

the amount in a bcaa drink is very minimal to cause anything substantial (once again MAYBE if you're deficient)
>>
>>38777287
As for their ability to build muscle i call bull shit. But i use them because i go to the gym at 4am and have trouble eating enough at that time of morning so they are like an alternate source of energy.
>>
If you 3-10g bcaa's 1.5 hours after eating you can initiate muscle protein synthesis. Source: dr. Jordan feigenbaum.
>>
>>38777287
>>38777300
holy fuck
>>
>>38777287
>>38777300
Apparently Lions have some Saitama in them.
>>
>>38777599
>Jordan feigenbaum
http://www.barbellmedicine.com/nutrition/7-rules-to-optimize-protein-intake/

no he doesn't

>Optimal protein intake per meal will be the amount of protein that yields ~3-4g of leucine, a branched-chain amino acid (BCAA). 3-4g of leucine per meal has been shown to maximize muscle protein synthesis.

BCAA in the protein source itself (whey)

not BCAA drinks
>>
File: a28.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
a28.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
>>38777300
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/mar/08/lion-killed-intern-swipe-paw-inquest
>>
>>38777836
>On training days, consume 5–10g of BCAAs both before and after training as well as 4–5g between meals. On non-training days, only the latter applies. Each serving should be consumed at least 1.5 hours after eating in order to reap the benefits of an additional MPS cycle between each meal.
>>
>>38777287
No, it's bull shit
>>
>>38777952
I just read the article you're referring to and I want to say its bullshit

Although I respect feigenbaum a lot the articles he cite might as well say "more quality BCAA + EAA in between meals = gains"

once again, unless you're on a calorie restriction BCAA are a shill.
>>
>>38778178
I want to agree with you, just figured i would try them between meals and see what happens. The idea that they metabolize quickly into the bloodstream than to skeletal muscle sounds pretty sexy.
>>
http://examine.com/supplements/Branched%20Chain%20Amino%20Acids/

There.
>>
>>38777287
>>38777300
God damn
Never seen someone get bitch slapped to death.
>>
>>38777870
So the other lion was an intern?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.