/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Using Rack Holds for Squats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: rack.png (374KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
rack.png
374KB, 600x600px
At what weight is it acceptable for me to use the holding things on the side of the power rack to do squats?

I am doing 5x5 SL, and I am starting to have trouble manually lifting the barbell behind my head and on to my shoulders. Not to mention it takes energy out of the muscles I use for OHP.
Instead, I have to use the power rack holds(I don't know what they're actually called) to hold the bar for me while I put the weights on,
then I just lift it from the elevated position onto my shoulders.

I see Mehdi do the same thing in his videos, but of course he is lifting upwards of 100 pounds per side.

Is this alright for me to do?
>>
I'd say 2pl8 is the cutoff. Just keep progressing and trying as you are until you get to that point. then its acceptable to cheat a bit
>>
Are you a fucking idiot? Of course that's alright. That's how squats are done. You must look like an idiot lifting the bar behind your head every time.
>>
>>38773440
> 2 pl8

w e w

guess I just have really weak triceps then. lol, I'm not even a month in to SL.

>>38773607
can't tell if you are serious or not.

>inb4 autism
>>
>>38773617
For your sake I hope this is bait

Squats are meant to be done out of a rack, not off the ground
>>
>>38773178
wait what

are you like picking up the bar from in front of you, lifting it above your head, and setting it down behind your neck?

just go under the bar and get it that way
>>
>>38773178
ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?!

MOTHERFUCKER THE WHOLE REASON WHY THE BAR HOLDERS ARE THERE IS FOR YOU TO USE THEM!!!

Did you honest to god thought that everyone would clean and press the weight onto their shoulders?? You dumb fucking shit, jesus christ I don't know if this is bait but mabye there are some dumb fucks like you outside, check your head m8.
>>
>>38773693
why does this make you so mad?
>>
File: 1468065410464.jpg (51KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1468065410464.jpg
51KB, 625x626px
>>
If you can't power clean and overhead press it, you really shouldn't be squatting it.

You should ideally never use the holders.
>>
File: ohp.jpg (19KB, 477x268px) Image search: [Google]
ohp.jpg
19KB, 477x268px
>>
>>38773904
>tian tao cant clean and jerk 300kg
>shouldn't squat it even though he can easily

this thread is funny though
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.