[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello today was the first time at the gym, the instructor was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 156156102.jpg (113KB, 640x544px) Image search: [Google]
156156102.jpg
113KB, 640x544px
Hello today was the first time at the gym, the instructor was late (and did never show up) and the receptionist just said just do these exercises:

Seated Cable Rows 4 x15
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown 4x15
Wide grip lat pulldown behind neck 4x15
Lying Leg Curls 4 x15
Leg Press 4x15
Leg extensions 4x15

I have to do this 5 days a week, then after 10 days the instructor will set a proper routine for me.

I feel like that beginner routine is lacking something and i don't know what, also i'm not sure i would endure 5 days a week since i'm a couch potato. Any advice? Thank you in advance
>>
>>38770602
Fuck the receptionist routine and read the sticky bro . If your serious
>>
Also i'm a manlet 1.70 M (7 Feet 7 inches) tall, and i weight 81.5 KG (179.6767 Lb)

>>38770627
So i would tell them to fuck off and just do the sticky routines until i get proper attention? (the bitch even assumed i knew how to properly execute every exercise )
>>
>>38770640
>manlet
>7'7"
???

Anyway that learning routine sounds pretty excessive at least for easy shit like leg presses, weight is more important than the number of reps in my uneducated opinion.
>>
>>38770602
This is clearly a psychological test to cull the weak and break you down mentally. Persist op.
>>
File: ICF Routine.png (975KB, 3223x4745px) Image search: [Google]
ICF Routine.png
975KB, 3223x4745px
>>38770602
First of all if you are here without reading the sticky I already think you are going to fail, but I'll amuse myself for a bit here.

First of all that routine is fucking garbage. Don't do that.
If you were serious at all about this you will be doing a rep range between 8-12 to build muscle, and 4-6 to build strength. Also as a beginner you will be doing a 3 day full body split. You need strength to do better hyperthrophy, who do you think gets more muscle, somebody benching 135x8 or somebody doing 225x8?

Get on a real routine son. Try ICF for 3 to 6 months, add 5lb each workout untill you stall and then reduce the volume to 3x5 instead of 5x5. Ask your instructor how to correctly perform these movements but don't take his routine, he is going to put you in some retarded routine which doesn't involves heavy lifting because he is afraid you will hurt yourself.
>>
>>38770665
Sorry i fucked up with my conversion

5.576 feet
>>
>>38770686
Not OP but thanks for this routine, I've been on a shitty version of SS plus some cardio for 2 or so months and I think I'm ready to rededicate myself.
>>
>>38770686
Thank you well i guess that's what i got for going to a cheap as fuck gym, what should i do if the instructor "tells me what is better for me"?

I was reading the sticky this morning and will read it completely, thank you for your aid anon
>>
>>38770686
may i ask how long you've been liftin newfriend?
>>
>>38770816
You tell him to go fuck himself. They are a waste of money.
>>
>>38770686
Not the op but had a few questions since this is real close to a routine I made for myself with the intention of hitting every muscle .
Why is deadlifts one set? Seems too little
Is he curling on the one that says straight bar?
Why is squats and rows every day but deds and bench every other?
Isn't bent row just a poor man's ded? Why not do whole ROM
>>
>>38770686
>Taking advice from the mental manlet that is hemmingway

SL or SS
>>
Read the sticky, do SS, and do NOT fall for the memes.
>>
>>38770602
>and did never
Not gonna make it
>>
>>38772269
>Not the op but had a few questions since this is real close to a routine I made for myself with the intention of hitting every muscle .
Don't do it. Follow a beginner program that is true and tried and works, like GS/SS/SL. There's a reason why they are recommended for beginners. Don't think you're smarter than everyone else and need to create your own shitty routine.
>Why is deadlifts one set? Seems too little
Because DL's are meant to be heavy. If you can do more they're not heavy enough.
>Is he curling on the one that says straight bar?
Yes. You can do dumbells or ez curls tho.
>Why is squats and rows every day but deds and bench every other?
Heavy deads take time to recover from, most people do them once a week. Bench and The Press are alternating so you're pressing every day.
>Isn't bent row just a poor man's ded? Why not do whole ROM
No. Just no. They're nothing alike.

>>38772434
GSLP best LP
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.