[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Groin injuries from squats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (111KB, 809x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 809x750px
Have many of you suffered groin injuries from squats?

A couple of week ago I noticed some really sharp pain in my groin whenever I squatted, which spread to everyday activities after that workout.

I gave squats a break for two weeks, had a crack again today but no luck; the pain is still there, although less so than earlier.

So, if you've had a groin injury, how bad was it, and how long was your recovery?
>>
feet closer together
>>
>>38768777
Since copping the injury I've tried all manner of stances and the pain is still there. Do you mean when I've recovered?

I've noticed that my feet (as a result of groin I assume) externally rotate quite sharply if my stance isn't wide enough. The closer I go, harder it feels to hit depth.
>>
Injured groin, rested 1 month, built squat back up from there.
>>
it must suck to ruin your life forever to please neckbeard virgins on the internet with no gains to show

the fetishization of squats is the most disgusting thing about this place
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 284x177px
>>38768764
Had the same problem, it was due to not stretching and warming up properly before my real sets. Don't have pain anymore.

And i didn't have to take any time off. Squat through it like i did but make sure you've warmed up adequately and your foot placement is precise.
>>
>>38769405
Also forgot to mention, my pain was so bad after my initial first set, i couldn't walk properly right after and it took about 3-4 minutes for the pain to subdue. It felt like i got fucked in the ass by a BBC.
>>
>>38769439
I'd been doing the Limber 11 for a few weeks prior to the injury, will continue with it indefinitely I suppose.

This pain persisted in day to day life for about a week whenever I would raise up my knee. That's come back a little bit after trying squats today, but with a bit of luck it'll fuck right off sooner rather than later.
>>
File: KangaCP.jpg (432KB, 1987x1200px) Image search: [Google]
KangaCP.jpg
432KB, 1987x1200px
>>38769466
I had all the same problems, and whenever i would lay down and try to lift my leg up straight i would get very bad groin pain. As said though, i continued to squat through it. Making sure i warmed up and stretched properly.

I'm currently squatting 140kg 3x5, before i even attempt my real set I'll do warmups;

1x10 20kg
1x5 50kg
1x5 80kg
1x5 125kg
(Real set)
>>
>>38769518
>The jumps get larger the closer to working set
that's fucking dumb, you should decrease your jumps as you move up, and 45kg is a weirdly large jump for someone who only squats 3plate

>>38768764
>All these idiots not doing a general roll/stretch/mobilise warmup before intense exercise
derp
>>
>>38769543
>that's fucking dumb, you should decrease your jumps as you move up, and 45kg is a weirdly large jump for someone who only squats 3plate

No, working great for me thus far. And every week i continue to go up 2kg on both my DL and squats like it's nothing.

Do your way, I'll do mine.
>>
>>38769543
>All these idiots not doing a general roll/stretch/mobilise warmup before intense exercise

>I'd been doing the Limber 11 for a few weeks prior to the injury, will continue with it indefinitely I suppose.

Do you have shit for brains, or just not know how to read?
>>
Had a groin injury, took a month to recover.

Repaired my shit with yoga. Now I incorporate flexibility routines in my training. Here is basically what I do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfJVhDaKrPw
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.