[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wisdom teeth. How fucked is the operation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: fd3.jpg (128KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
fd3.jpg
128KB, 500x493px
I have to get two of my wisdom teeth out. Any experience?
>>
say goodbye to jaw aesthetics
>>
Depends how close to the nerve they are. Potentially extremely fucked.
>>
>>38767553
Got 2 of mine removed last year.

I needed the surgeries back in 2008 but never got them done.

First one wasn't too bad. Hurt for a few days.

Second one somehow fused with my jawbone and midway through the surgery the doc told me its gonna hurt and he literally snapped off a bit of my jawbone with the tooth. That one fucking hurt for like a month.
>>
File: paain.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
paain.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
>>38767599
A month... shit. It was the two at the same time?
>>
>>38767634
Nope. One month break after the first surgery.

As long as there are no complications you'll be fine in a matter of days.
>>
>>38767553
I took all four when I was 17, with the stay-awake anesthesia, which wore off from one side at the precise moment when the guy was sawing the flesh. Awful experience, but well, that pain came to pass anyway.
>>
>>38767553
Had to remove both lower wisdom tooths. First one went easy and could eat normal food pretty fast. Second one though was a bitch. It splintered while the doctor tried to remove it while he was trying to force it out. And he was forcing it to much. And you just know if the doctor is forcing it enough you are gonna look like a mongoloid shortly after the surgery.

Fun thing was when the tooth splintered the doctor immediately said: "Everything is going okay". Doctors only say that when complications are happening.

Also in the country I live in you don't get the full anesthesia where you go asleep unless you have a deep fear of doctors or some shit.
>>
>All four removed
>Relatively ok for a few days
>Pain and swelling seemed to get worse
>Brutal infection
>Six weeks on antibiotics
>Dr says "we're going to have to cut all four of them open again and scrape the fuck out your jaw"
>>
One of mine got infected. That feeling though when they clean it with a pipette feels glorious. But I never tasted something so disgusting. A whole rice grain fell out of it.
>>
>>38767553

my brother said it was the worst pain he'd ever experienced in his life
>>
>>38767553
Shouldn't feel much pain if everything goes smoothly. Takes a whole week to heal and by HEAL, I mean heal and not just stop hurting. Go easy till that week is up or risk fucking yourself up.
>>
>>38767553
Well, few things you need to know-

For one, you won't be able to eat solid food for a week.

Hot oatmeal is also pretty god-tier during
these dark times

You will also lose a shitton of weight,
which is useful if you are planning to cut.
>>
>>38767553
Don't fall for the meme bro. Dentist told me I had to have mine taken out when I was 17 and I didn't, now I'm 24 and still fine.
>>
>>38767946
This, unless there's some real and noticeable problem. Every year the dentist tells me to remove them because they might cause problems, and every year I refuse because they admit it's just a big maybe. It's been going on for 7 years now.
>>
>>38767553
worst pain for 2 weeks for each tooth. Get them all out at once if you can.
>>
>>38767553
If you're having them removed as a preemptive measure you'll be fine with 3 days tops of rest after the surgery.
If you're having them removed due to complications with how they're growing in then you might have to be extra careful and follow your surgeons instruction for post surgery care. Either way the procedure is quick and mostly painless, the aftermath is the scary part.
>>
>>38767553
I got all four removed at once just a few months ago. I just got some local Anesthetic as the price for some other shit where you somehow forget the whole operation was like 150€

I have to say the Operation was a rather quick one. Half of my wisdom teeth required some force so I felt quite some pressure and they also had to break one apart so they hammered a little. But I felt no pain.

After the operation I of course had to cool my face all the time to prevent swelling. I did that consequently so my face was not that swollen at all.
What caused me the biggest agony was the numb feeling of the local anesthetics. I just hate that, this is why I do all my dental fillings without any painkillers.

After that it's one week of eating painkillers. Not a big deal if you ask me, I had some pain, sometimes but nothing actually really notewhile.

After the surgery I was quite tired.

Do get all of them out if possible, they can and will cause problems some time. Also the extra space behind your molars will make it easier to clean them.
>>
>had an infection when one of them came out
>fever for 4 days, felt so fucking shit, wished I had them removed before

>german dentist
>2 teeth separately removed
>almost no pain during operation
>no pain later
>ate ice cream for 3 days all day
>>
>>38768093
Ah I forgot to mention. Keep your Mouth clean, prevent that infection, it is said infections in your jaw are the fucking worst.
>>
Got mine removed last year. One side at the start of the month, the other side four weeks later.

I really needed it, because one of those was lying down and heading directly to the tooth below, so I figured, I might as well take all of them out.

The only complications was a little hole to the nose area were the tooth was and they told me to simply not sneeze... Oh, and it bled for like 2 days each, after it should stop like a few hours later. Been fine after that, had no real problems.
>>
I had all of them pulled when I was 14, including 2 other teeth one whom was still chilling in the rooth of my mouth since I was little

the first week is harsh but after that you should be back to normal
>>
>>38768105

I had an absess on one of my teeth and my jaw hurt constantly for a few days, to the point where I'd pass out from exhaustion and wake up screaming, but not even realizing I'm instinctively screaming until a few seconds had passed. I was seriously considering either killing myself or stealing my grandma's morphine.
>>
>upper jaw
Doesnt hurt at all. Heals in a week

>lower jaw
Prepare your fucking anus bitch boy cause youll be on liquid diet for a month at least while your face swells like a football on the side where it got removed
>>
>>38767553
>german doctor
>full anesthesia
>4 of them removed. 1 even as bad as op pick
>only 1 day of mild pain because of painkillers
>2 weeks of eating nothing but joghurt
>all good
>>
>>38768385
>stealing my grandma's morphine
>little old lady that loves me can suffer later so i wont have to suffer now
classy as fuck, tyrone.
>>
>>38768512

I wasn't REALLY going to do it, but I considered it. The pain was really fucking intense senpai.

>That loves me

She was in a nearly vegetative state at the time
>>
>>38768467
why would you eat joghurt? anything containing milk is not good to eat after any dental work.
>>
>>38768606

after I had my dental works I could pretty much only eat cold semifluids

which means yoghurt or milkshake, never heard of mikl products being bad for teeth

why would that be?
>>
>>38767553
I took 3 out, my 4th never grew to begin with, a year ago at 21. It takes you out of the gym for a week and you cannot fucking cheat that, you have to stay out. The drugs are alright, not amazing though, getting drunk is 5x better than the mild doses they prescribe you. I was eating a steak, *slowly*, on the 4th day though.

The worst part is that it fucks your gym up.
>>
>>38768617
I only heard it from my dentist... After every check there, to not eat any milk products for a few hours. They are not bad in general, but after you had some work done.
>>
got 1 removed, 1 minute and the tooth was gone, did hurt till the next day and all was good
>>
>>38767553
Got two of mine out about two years ago. Mine weren't actually too bad, they were just in an awkward spot that caused them to bite the inside of my cheek, so removing them was a really simple procedure. All the dentist had to do was twist and pull, and it was over in a second.

Is it true that Americans use laughing gas for anesthesia? Because that's so retarded and unnecessary.
>>
>removed all 4, but on two different occasions
>literally cut open your mouth since they haven't grown out yet
>had to drill A LOT to even access the teeth
>bled for days

only local anesthesia during the operation
no painkillers after
stitches disappear automatically
>>
Got my wisdomtooth removed a month ago. Took an hour, dentist said he never had such a hard time.

Hurt like shit
>>
I got ten teeth taken out back in may, that's including my wisdom teeth. AMA
>inb4 failed anhero
>>
>>38767553
Got all my 4 wisdom teeth pulled out, and the only situation i really hurt was when i was waisted af the same day i got on of them out. Eats some hashbrownies or take some good painkillers before the anesthesia runs out and you will be fine. Its a strange feeling cuz the just pull it out and leave a bloody hole.
>>
>>38769078
and dont smoke anything, it will only make it heal slower.
>>
Literally got mine taken out a week ago. All 4 at once, general anaesthesia. Had 2 of them shatter during the operation while the other 2 were removed whole. Oatmeal will be your best friend. Hurts for about a week.

Remember to keep the stitches and hole clean OP
>>
>>38768852
>Shart in mart detected
>>
>>38768093
What the fuck, to get all four removed it cost 5,000 dollars and my insurance only covered 2,000. They said they couldn't have me awake during the procedure and I needed to be knocked out. I said fuck, whats the price for just two teeth? They said 'Same price.' I told them to fuck off and I never got them removed.
>>
It's ez, they drug you up and then you just chill for 2-4 days. Don't do anything stupid and bam, wisdom teeth gone
>>
>>38767553
I am in pic 1, I was at the dentist about a month ago and they just said it may be growing correctly, or I may have to remove it.

The best time estimate they could give me was "anywhere between six months and five years".

Gr8
>>
File: 1443395551890.png (319KB, 909x960px) Image search: [Google]
1443395551890.png
319KB, 909x960px
>tfw large manjaw and both bottom ones came in perfectly
>>
>>38767868
Oh shit, this happened except to my toe.

I got an ingrown toenail one summer, didn't really mind it as it didn't hurt that much.

Decide to mention in at some doctor check up. Basically they said it might be ok if it wasn't I would have to operate.
It didn't get better so I got an appointment,

>surgery starts
>get local anaesthetic
>doctor cuts up my toe, tries to remove the ingrown part of the toenail I guess
>turns out it's worse than they though
>mfw they remove my entire nail
>start scraping my bare nailbed with metal tools
>the only thing I feel is blood splattering on my other foot
>Got patched up and they sent me home

Hurt a bit that evening but it wasn't much worse than that, they didn't prescribe any painkillers or anything.

As a few weeks go by I am struggling a bit, it still hurts becuase well I don't have a toenail and the bare flesh is in the process of healing. About a month later I go to doctors office again.

>she removes bandage
>it hurts like hell
>turns out I had gotten moisture in there while I had taken a shower
>nailbed is infected
>nailbed scrape vol.2 commences
>get prescribed antibiotics

And then it finally healed, would not reccomend.
Nail looks relatively normal today
>>
>>38767553
I got them out when I was 15. Puked blood for a day or 2, couldn't eat anything because of the pain meds. Mine were super impacted and they had to take some of my bottom jaw, but it filled back in over like 4 months. Solid 2 weeks of liquid only food. Most people don't have it that bad.
>>
>>38767566
this, I got all 4 of them removed during the summer, the two on top weren't painful at all, but the two on the bottom were the most painful experience in my entire life.
I could feel the doctor cracking my tooth, all the pain of it, I think it was because of the nerve because he injected anaesthetic several times and I didnt feel when he cut the gum.
It was somewhat like when you break a teeth or when you bite something really cold, I was sweating to the point of leaving a pool on the floor and I had spasms, thought I was going to suffer a heart attack from bearing that much pain.
>>
Had one removed.

The hairy arm of Sergei the dentist did the job, no major suffering (except the hole left by the anesthesia shot). Sucked that I couldn't drink for a few days.

Were the rest of you really on non-solid foods afterwards? I just chewed with my other side
>>
>>38767553
>tfw straight wisdom teeth master race

how can non-wisdoms even compete?
>>
Got all 4 removed at once, minor pain and swelling for a few days after. Dr prescribed me some vicodins for the pain but i didnt really need them. Took them later and became addicted to opiates
>>
>>38767553
I had all four removed when I was like 17, I had a pretty good experience. I didn't have much pain and they gave me percocet which was cool. It was a good excuse to eat Mexican food and milkshakes for a week or so
>>
>>38767553
Had all four removed at the same time about 2 years ago. Went fully under with a shot and some laughing gas, then woke up on a couch. Didn't hurt afterward, but it was a bitch to open my jaw for a while. Couldn't have anything except soft stuff due to chance of tearing open stitching on the gums. Made a good recovery in a couple of weeks.

All in all, you're gonna be pretty good unless yours are borked like your >pic related
>>
Nobody mentioning that you have to sleep sitting up if not you will die.
>>
My left bottom wisdom tooth is griwing in the about the same direction like the first pic. in OP's image, but it's about 1/3 surfaced.

I was supposed to get all of them removed 2 years ago, but I didn't want to, because I've already had 4 of my teeth removed.

How fucked am I?
>>
> Had to get three wisdom teeth removed.
> Was fat as fuck
> After operation, can't eat solid food for at least a week.
> Means I can't eat my fatty foods
> Which made me really sad, since those foods were the only thing that made me happy.
> Started remembering my shitty life.
>Have suicidal thoughts.
> Realize, "Why the fuck am I suicidal? I need to fix myself ASAP!"

This got me back to /fit/ and, after losing 20+ pounds, am learning to like myself for the first time.

Btw, not saying that wisdom teeth led to betterment, but it was one of the catalysts for sure.
>>
what kind of anesthetic do you guys recommend for an operation? I heard that you can say stupid shit if you go completely under, is that true?
>>
>>38768617
it not bad for the teeth per say, it's bad because milk products enable bacteria to thrive, increasing infection chances
>>
>>38767553
It isn't that bad, but I only had minor complications. Got all 4 wisdom teeth out at once on local anaesthetic. One of my teeth took a little bit of my jaw with it, that one hurt worse than the rest. Two bone fragments were left inside, and they came out of my gums like two months later. That was freaky.
Just be sure to take care to not get dry socket, and you shouldn't have too many problems.
>>
File: 1440549680148.png (83KB, 342x245px) Image search: [Google]
1440549680148.png
83KB, 342x245px
>tfw my 2nd third molar just grew out successfully after thinking I had an infection

shit was scary, lads, thought the flap of gum surrounding the tooth when it erupted was infected, but turns out it wasn't and now it's almost fully done growing, feelsgoodman, feel sorry for people who have wisdom teeth complications because it must suck ass so bad
>>
My anatomy prof. once told me that evolution in humans is still going strong; wisdom teeth are a good example of this, stating that someone who doesn't grow wisdom teeth at all is most evolved.
More teeth=less evolved

>tfw all wisdom teeth fit nicely in my big unevolved jaw ;_;
>>
>>38771670
> "more/less" evolution
Wat? That anatomy fag must have failed the basic principles of evolution.
>>
>>38769584
Your doctor fucked up anon, I don't even remember mine. Was drugged out to the gills.
>>
File: cd795b9c.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
cd795b9c.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
>all those horror stories

Fuck that, i'm keeping mine even though my dentist said to get them removed 2 years ago. I think i got lucky so far
>>
File: 1439835318214.jpg (11KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1439835318214.jpg
11KB, 300x250px
>>38767553
>mfw I was born without wisdom teeth
Probably the only good gene I got from either of my parents (literally)
>>
I had mine taken out and everything went well, although I'd recommend taking a bag or container to vomit in after the surgery if you use general anesthesia. And keep an eye on your mouth for the next couple days to make sure you don't get an infection.

>>38770029
>I heard that you can say stupid shit if you go completely under, is that true?
That probably depends on the stuff they use, laughing gas would make you act weird and IIRC another local anesthesia like novocain would also keep you awake during the surgery. I had general anesthesia and was completely unconscious. I only remember going into the room and woke up in a wheelchair, I also had to have my sibling drive me to and from the clinic and wound up puking a few times.
>>
>>38767553
got the 4 removed in one surgery last year, it hurts like fucking hell while you're in the surgery, as i got local anesthesia, after i had some cotton on the mouth and i had to have the mouth closed or else i'd start bleeding like in my neo-asian cartoons, bleeding lasted 3 days and i literally couldn't sleep by fear of drawning on my own blood, after that doc told me to drink tons of water to help cure the wound and avoid infections, i was fine by the 4th day (altho my cheeks stayed huge for like a week or so, got back to eating coconut in no time)
>>
>>38772929
>He was born without perfectly straight wisdom teeth
HAHAHHA what a joke
I feel great chewing with my four perfect wisdom teeth
>>
>>38767553
>I have to get two of my wisdom teeth out. Any experience?

Yeah.

>dentist says I need my wisdom teeth out
>show up in the morning
>get anesthetized
>procedure
>wake up in the car on the way home

It was a mildly uncomfortable week and I got a prescription of vicodin out of it. Don't be a pussy.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.