[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 33

File: 1429981024684.jpg (122KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1429981024684.jpg
122KB, 999x624px
you know the drill
>>
>>38766262
Cutting ex-fatty: 5'11" 173 18% BF been cutting at 1200cal/day

I had a shit day.

Got up for a free job that was only supposed to be 9 hours (which they asked me to come to early anyhow) and was basically unneeded the whole day. My fucking rest day wasted. Wrapped two hours later than scheduled and just sat around bored for most of it.

My folks didn't even cook dinner that night so I didn't have anything to eat when I got home at like 9:30 PM so I just ate to my maintenance in junk food from the local 7/11.

If I did go over my maintenance it was only 100 or 200 calories. Will this fuck me up this week?
>>
>>38766262
>progressing on squat
>progressing on DL
>progressing on OHP
>bench has been stalled for two months

im heading out to the gym in a few hours and would love some advice on getting through this plateau
>>
Running or swimming for cardio gainz?

Also, dinner then sleep or should i eat last meal a couple of hours before, then in the morning should I eat breakfast then go to the gym or go to the gym then breakfast?
>>
How heavy should I lift if I went on a long hiatus from lifting?
>>
>>38766287

It won't fuck you up but that doesn't mean it wasn't stupid to do. You should keep a few tupperwares in the fridge of stuff you can microwave like beans, chicken, etc.
>>
really want to lift today but is rest day.

Yesterday was pull day (skipped deadlift though, maybe i can deadlift today??)
Day before was push day, but it was an emphasis on bench.

Can i go in and do deadlifts, delt work, and maybe some calf and trap isolations, or will that fuck my gains?
>>
>>38766393
I usually do, my folks ate them. And yeah it was dumb, I'm back on 1200 a day tomorrow morning, followed by working out 6 days a week.
>>
I'm cutting and only eating around 300-800 calories daily.

I've heard it's dangerous to cut on this low calories but i feel fine and have been doing it for 2 weeks now.

Will something bad happen to me eventually if i keep eating like this?

I'm 180cm 74kg (skinnyfat)
>>
>>38766287
>If I did go over my maintenance it was only 100 or 200 calories. Will this fuck me up this week?

Not really, just add an extra 200 to tomorrow's deficit. It happens to all of us sometimes.

>>38766384

Start small work big, if you aren't sure, scale it back a little.

>>38766377

Never eat right before bed, and never skip breakfast. Just give it a while after you eat so you don't have a brick in your stomach while lifting.

>>38766336
If you figure it out let me know, I'm having the same problem. Not entirely sure it's not mental though.
>>
>>38766384
depends on what you mean by hiatus.

If you mean 3 weeks, you'll probably want to deload by 10 pounds or so just to be safe.

If you mean 3 months, probably start at half your 1RM and work your way up from there.

If you mean 3 years, the bar.
>>
Anything wrong with taking creatine in pill form?
>>
>>38766444
>3 months

I guess it's time for a bit of calisthenics then..
>>
>>38766437
Don't do that
>>
>>38766437
>Will something bad happen to me eventually if i keep eating like this?
yes, don't eat that low dumbass. You HAVE to eat at-least half your TDEE if you don't want to seriously fuck up your metabolism and energy levels.

What you're doing is a crash diet, and it's not gonna work. Just do a normal deficit and appreciate the fact that you're losing anything.
>>
>>38766451

The price? Creatine is creatine.

>its time for the my kind is better than your kind shitshow
>>
>>38766336

It's probably technique. If your press is consistently going up then you're getting stronger in the muscles required for a better bench, so the issue is more likely related to the actual execution of your bench press than your training.

>>38766437

Why are you cutting at 180cm 74kg?
>>
>>38766471
> you don't want to seriously fuck up your metabolism and energy levels.

What happens exactly when you fuck those up?
>>
>>38766451
I took creatine in (self-made) pill form since my mom has a machine to make capsules.

It worked pretty well. I got the pump. No ill effects that I could sense.
>>
>>38766477
your sleep schedule gets worse, you don't have the energy for normal activity and workouts, you lack nutrients, etc.

don't fucking eat that low dumbass.
>>
Is it possible to lose 5lb of muscle mass in a week of not goin to the gym?
>>
File: 1354500165931.png (198KB, 389x365px) Image search: [Google]
1354500165931.png
198KB, 389x365px
>>38766713
no unless you're literally starving yourself of any and all nutrition and even then I think 5 pounds of muscle is a bit excessive.
>>
how bad is working out everyday?
>>
>>38766791

Fine if you program it correctly and have your non-lifting stuff in check.

Most people won't do that.
>>
>>38766753
Coolio then I guess I've just been over estimating my weight a little too hard
>>
Does creatine mono help bulking?
>>
>>38766913
It gives you a little bit more muscular endurance.
>>
File: 1472677362782.jpg (23KB, 359x222px) Image search: [Google]
1472677362782.jpg
23KB, 359x222px
>found out about creatine - beta alani magic for the first time
>hyped as fuck, can't wait to buy them
>realised that you can go bald from that shit
>scared as shit

im not going to make it
>>
>>38767018
if you don't have a history of balding in your family you'll likely be fine.

Even then the results are not conclusive towards or against creatine effecting hair loss.
>>
>>38766475
>It's probably technique.
possibly - ive decided to deload a bit and will work my way back up gradually. its frustrating that im making OHP gains but cant put a single pound on my bench.
>>
>just did 20 minutes of DBs
>feel sick
How do I stop feeling so sick after exercising
>>
File: 000afsugd.jpg (142KB, 1700x720px) Image search: [Google]
000afsugd.jpg
142KB, 1700x720px
skelly who started lifting here
I have pectus and I think it looks like shit
should I even train chest? I don't want it to look like boobies. I think it already got worse...
no $$ for surgery.
looks different depending on the light
>>
What are the absolute easiest vegetables to cram into me that will cover general nutrition isn't spinach/cucumber/fucking sweet potato.
>>
>>38766262
How necessary are refeed days on a cut?
>>
Is lifting in converse a meme? I've been squatting/deadlifting in socks, but I don't think my new gym allows that.
>>
>>38767549
Nope the flat bottom of converse helps with things like squats
>>
>>38767412
Training the chest is what you need to be doing. Do lots of push ups and deep breathing exercises.
>>
>>38766336
99% sure that your form sucks. I was in the same position until I fixed my form and now my bench is my best lift.
>>
What do you do when you stop progressing?
I'm just doing some exercises so my frail programmer body doesn't atrophy so I mainly do body weight stuff, mostly pull-ups and chin-ups. At first it was easy to progress, I couldn't do a single pull-up when I started, now I can do about 10 but I haven't been able to increase my reps for a while now. What should I do?
>>
>>38767574
Thanks. But also, I squat high bar 2pl8, and everyone recommends raised heels for high bar. Will I get into trouble later on with a flat sole?
>>
>>38767646
When it comes to squatting with raised heel or flat heel it all comes down to preference more than anything. Try out both and see how it feels.
>>
>>38767018
>lindybeight is an acadamic and hates vegans
Never thought I'd find out about this on /fit/.
>>
>>38767716
>*lindybeige
>>
>>38766336
Bench more and check your form. Practice makes perfect.

>>38766483
By 'the pump' you mean you had a slight increase in water weight right?

>>38766791
If you're recovery is good then nothing is wrong with it. Eat well, vary your intensity across the week and make sure you get plenty of sleep.

>>38766913
It generally just helps you lift more at higher intensity when fatigued. Basically it'll help with the last couple of reps of your final working set.

>>38767475
Depends if you are stalling despite sticking to your calorie deficit. Cutting can cause water retention which a refeed will stop.

>>38767638
Do a proper callisthenics program which details progression.

>>38767646
Flat shoes are fine for squatting if your ankle mobility is good. Raised heels help if you have less good ankle mobility.
>>
I have lost 20 kg through hardcore diet, and today I'll start gym. Do I achieve anything with no supplement, only fruit, vegetables, eggs and chicken meat?

Also I'm starting gym with my gf. What exercises to do to make her think I'm hot?
>>
I have hidradenitis suppurativa in my groin/thighs. I was waiting until i was able to go to a doctor, which is either tomorrow or after it because it's when i ''might''' receive my wage, but i want to lift. Thing is, a huge abcess has formed in my groin and it's painful as fuck to even attempt to walk. Should i even try to go to the gym? I just now tried to open the thing myself with a nice to drain the pus, but the pain was just too much and i felt like i could get an infection this way.
>>
File: Get-a-V-Cut-Step-1.jpg (2MB, 3200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Get-a-V-Cut-Step-1.jpg
2MB, 3200x2400px
I only eat oats, bananas, rice, chicken, sweet potatoes, brocolli, and a protein shake each day but I'm still gaining fat at an unproportionate amount. I work out nearly every day but I still feel like I'm gaining more fat than muscle. It just sort of builds up around my abdomen and is starting to cover up my V cut.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
I've got a cold but it's not that bad, should I still go to the gym or sit this one out?
>>
>>38767759
Thanks for the response I am >>38767475
and in regards to the water retention I'm doing keto and also taking creatine, would that extra water retention happen without the carbs and would it add onto the creatines water retention?
>>
I want to start eating more beef because it boosts test and im getting sick of chicken, what's are the most economic cuts i can get?
>>
Didnt lift all summer because I didn't have time. So I've been doing 5x5 again for a while to rebuild. Squats caught up fast and went past the point where I had previously stalled and switched to 531.

So last saturday I hit a new 5x5 Pb. But for one rep during set 4 and 5 my knees caved in a bit. Felt no problem at the time but standing up 2 hours later the pain was horrible. Inside of my knee hurt like a motherfucker when bending much or loading while bent. Today the pain is almost gone, fortunately. I will rest it for a week then deload.

So what I wanted to ask is what I can do to strengthen whatever caused my knees to cave
>>
>>38767977
Eating healthy won't stop you gaining fat if you're eating in a caloric surplus, just drop your calories to a little below maintenance for a month and that fat will disappear
>>
>>38767987
The water retention from creatine wouldn't stall weight loss progress as far as I know, it would just slightly shift your baseline water weight up a touch dependent on your lean body mass. At least that is my understanding of it.

A carb refeed is used in cyclic keto diets. I'm not massively up to date with the details of how best to do that though. Last I heard was a carb refeed was scheduled every fortnight but so many people do keto now I wouldn't be surprised if there's evidence that changed that number.

>>38767885
What's your bf%?

>>38767896
Wait to see a doctor

>>38767977
Calculate your TDEE and count your calories.

>>38767986
Don't be the cunt that infects everyone in the gym with his cold.

>>38768026
More quads accessories, make sure you cue your leg drive to include an outward rotation of your quads to stop the knee caving.
>>
>>38768026
Deloading should help with that but you can do accessories such as single leg squat and lunge
>>
>>38767977
Read the sticky.

It doesn't matter how clean your diet is or how much cardio you do, if you're not in a calorie deficit, you won't be losing fat.

It's called an adonis belt, and it's mainly down to 3 things.
>Abdominal and Oblique muscles
>Low bodyfat (important)
>Genetics (very important)

If you don't have the genetics for a visible adonis belt, you can do as many ab-wheel-rollouts, cut to 5% bf and still not have a visible belt.
>>
Hey /fit/, I'm 188cm / 100 kgs, on SL 5x5 and I'm wondering, should I firstly focus on losing weight or eatbig-getbig?
I don't feel /fat/ or out of shape in general, but seeing my scores on symmetric strength and calculating my BMI of 28 were a downer to say the least...
>>
>>38768148
What's your bf%?

100kg at 188cm suggests you're already big.
>>
Just switched from treadmill to street running. Fucking hell my times/endurance have gone to shit. Is there really that much of a difference between using a treadmill and running on the street?
>>
>>38767977
Too many calories

You could be eating only oats but if you're having too much you're still going to gain fat, you need to calorie count and figure out your bmr
>>
>>38768204
Yeah, treadmills aren't accurate
>>
>>38768204
Streets are more tiresome for me

How good is rowing for cardio ? My gym has such machine but im afraid ill fuck up my gains doing that along SS program, im total beginner. On other hand it could help with my core.
I already do running for cardios
>>
>>38768159
I don't know my bf%, but I would think around 20%.
You can see the contour of my core in the morning, but I still got bellyfat and tittyfat. Would love to send a pic to show but I'm on my phone at the library...
Thing is, I've just gotten back to squatting lmao1pl8, with deads just ahead of that, bench at 45kgs and OHP at 35kgs.

AM I JUST WEAK SHOULD I KEEP ON TRUCKING WHEN WILL I BE STRONG I CAN RUN A METRIC MILE IN LESS THAN AN HOUR BUT I'M STILL WEEEEEEEAK REEEEEEEE
>>
Should i do OHP with the long bar that i use for deadlifts or is that overkill and i should be doing it with the shorter lighter one
>>
>>38768268
You do it with a standard barbell, same as you should be using for pretty much all compound barbell lifts. Big one that should weight 20kg.
>>
File: IMG_20160910_105305043.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160910_105305043.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Some people are telling me i have good potential in becoming big
So i decided to go with SS and some cardios
Im 190 cm 83kg atm

Thoughts on gyno? Will it go away with bodyfat or will i have misshapen pepperoni tits after ill get big that wont go eithout surgery?
>>
Does it make a difference whether the caloric deficit is made from diet or cardio? Results wise
>>
A week off the gym doesn't cause any harm right? My body is exhausted and feels like it need a rest. I've read about rest weeks. Are they legit?
>>
>>38768298

i'd consult a doctor about those tiddies, most "gyno" i see on fit is just fatties with man titties, but that looks like actual gyno
>>
>>38768332

yeah rest weeks are legit, don't worry about it
>>
>>38768326
No, but cardio will tire you out more. It's usually easier to just eat less.
>>
>>38768298
Do GSLP instead. As for the gyno its impossible to tell and it shouldn't influence your decision.

>>38768332
Exhausted could be a sign of under recovery. Are you cutting? Bulking? What's your normal workout schedule?

You could just be coming down with an illness too
>>
Are squats alone enough for legs and lower body? Or will I eventually have leg problems by doing only squats?
>>
>>38768368
The only part of your lower body squats dont hit is your calves. High bar will focus more on your quads and low bar will focus more on hamstrings and glutes. Combine with deadlifts and you're golden.
>>
>>38768374
Ahhhhhh thanks. So am I right in saying that deadlifts sound more optional? Also the muscle groups you mentioned are all but calves also hit when squatting with dumbbells? Just curious
>>
>>38768368
You'll need accessories at some point to continue to get better at squats. You should easily hit a 3 plate squat though just with squat volume.

>>38768374
Not really true, muscle activation for highbar and low bar is roughly the same across the kinetic chain when lifting with high intensity, the real difference comes from stance width and individual proportions.

>>38768393
Calves are hit by very heavy calf raises (or being fat and going for a walk)
>>
File: 1RuUZIA.gif (142KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1RuUZIA.gif
142KB, 640x479px
>>38768419
Sweet thanks man. But no leg problems or major imbalances? Since hamstrings are slightly hit anyway?
>>
>>38768441
Hamstrings are a prime mover in the squat
>>
File: IMG_20160910_002354.jpg (1MB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160910_002354.jpg
1MB, 1080x1440px
I am at 17-19% bf but only slight definition in my muscles. I plan to lose 20 lb more so I'm cutting. However people tell me I'm getting thin (which is not true, as seen in the pic) for my own good.

Should I bulk, maintain, or cut?
>>
gym noob that just started lifting a few months ago and my bench has started to get weaker.

2 weeks ago i started attempt benching
50kg for 4x8

i couldn't make the full 4 sets so i just trained till failure the first 2 - 3 times i hit chest till i just scraped 4 full sets with no assistance

the last couple of times ive worked chest since then my bench has regressed to the point where i can barley complete 3 full sets at 50 kg which is where i was at when i moved up to 50 kg

i think lifting to failure has something to do with it, i usually take 1 to 2 days off between workouts and had even taken a week off when i started to notice my bench go down so i don't think its a rest issue. i also think ive been eating well enough, im bulking atm and my weight has gone up from 65kg at 180cm to 74kg at 180cm and still increasing consistently

i'm planning on de-loading to 45kg bench and instead of doing a 4x8 hypertrophy program switching to a 5x5 strength program like strong lifts and focusing heavily on form and taking proper rests between sets to try and get my lifts up again, does this sound like a good idea?
>>
>>38768349
I finished a cut a few weeks ago which was quite horrible towards the end. I'm also going through a lot of stress money/work-wise and just ache everywhere. I lift 3x a week, Texas Method.

Though lifts are going up and I sleep/eat enough I just "feel" like I need a break.
>>
>>38768561
Do GSLP and follow the progression laid out by that
>>
>>38766287
>100 or 200calories
>fucking up a week

-500kcal/day means -3500kcal/week, how could 100 or 200 be a problem
>>
>>38768593
Take a break for a week and see if it helps then
>>
I've got this constant ache and pain in the musculature of my lower back, should I be worried about this as a precursor to snap city or is snap city more of a horrible crack followed by paralyzing agony?
>>
>>38767885
Do not lift for someone who will kick your ass soon.

Pick a Beginner routine and start lifting weights without giving a fuck about "HURR DURR WHICH MUSCLES WILL MAKE ME HOT"
>>
are dropsets a meme? if it is. why?
positives
negatives
experiences

post em

...please respond
>>
>>38768717
You should be worried. Have good posture.
>>
>>38768298
Go to a doctor about your tiddies, they're small now and if you get some pec muscles, nobody will notice them BUT if you have an endocrine disorder they could get bigger and then you'd need surgery to remove them.
>>
>>38768253
100kg with those lifts I guess you have higher bf, not 20%, cut a bit till 15% or smth then cleanbulk.
>>
>>38768803
They just seem like a shit way to get more volume in my experience
>>
At the beginning of the Summer i strained my lower back and picked up tendinitis in my knee. Just started squatting again and managed 1 plate with no discomfort which is good news.

I used to squat three plate, but I'm keen to take my time to build up to it since being injured sucks. Should I just do a linear progression type deal to get back to it?
>>
Can I do cardio in lifting shoes?
>>
>>38768965
I find cycling and rowing fine in lifting shoes.

Running and swimming not so much
>>
>>38768864
>>38768349
>>38768335
Tbh i think they got smaller, less noticeable with thr 12 kg fat i dropped during the year. But yeah i should consult doctor anyway i have barely any facial hair and girly hips kinda idk
Im 24, wondered if lifting anf dropping fat could help me raise test levels
>>
I squatted for the first time today, doing Stronglifts 5x5. I started with the bar then added weight until it felt difficult (60kg) and tried to do 5x5. I only managed 5, 5, 5, 3, 1. But I reckon if I try it again on Wednesday I might be able to make 5x5.

However my legs feel like jelly! The third exercise was the barbell row; I could barely keep myself in position to row the bar without my legs giving way. Driving home felt weird and climbing the stairs was work, but not half as much work as climbing down the stairs (I ended up sliding down on my ass to make sure I didn't fall).

My legs don't hurt but they feel weak as hell right now. I assume this is something that improves as you get used to working out?
>>
>>38769007
Enjoy your pain tomorrow and through the next week lad
I had the same feeling with same weights
>>
File: oats.jpg (91KB, 715x412px) Image search: [Google]
oats.jpg
91KB, 715x412px
Kinda new to lifting, I often see people talking about, say, making a gainer out of milk, stuff and oats. Do I just drop dry oats into milk and drink that?
>>
>>38769007
It's DOMS, it'll stop if you keep exercising. Also if you squatted 60kg on the first day you were either doing it with an awful form or most likely were doing half squats. Did you break the parallel?
>>
>>38769630
I tried to keep my form throughout and used the mirror to make sure my hips were going below my knees. I didn't have anyone watching me though so I could have been compromising form elsewhere without realising.

I'm 6' 0", 75kg and have never lifted before but I do cycle from time to time. 60kg is probably too heavy for me at the moment (which is why I didn't make my 5x5). Do you think I should keep going at 60kg until I can do it, or deload?
>>
Looking to add c&js into my routine.

Right now I'm running a PPLxx, but where do c&j fit into it?

It's the ultimate compound. Should I add a day for just OLY lifts, or add it to push or pull?
>>
>>38769606

get a magic bullet and powderize that shit homie.

>75g oats
>600ml 1% milk
>2 tbps peanutbutter
>2 scoops chocolate or vanilla whey
>1 170g banana

easy 1000cal right there.
>>
File: 1473961184628s.jpg (3KB, 125x115px) Image search: [Google]
1473961184628s.jpg
3KB, 125x115px
>new to lifting

have a vague, dull pain in my shoulder/upper bicep that gets worse at night. It doesn't affect my range of motion at all and I can still do pullups

Should I be lifting and what's wrong with my arm?
>>
>>38769704
60kg sounds fine to me. I squatted that pretty easily the first time I lifted as well.

If you feel like you can handle it don't deload, you're just spinning your wheels otherwise. Try to get a form check too

>>38769775
Not that guy but are there any pb alternatives for shakes?
>>
whats the consensus on Coolcicada's PPL?
>>
>>38769775
I'm a poorfag, can I use blender for that?
>>
I can only 'do' one lift with my lats (where I feel them work) and it's a lat pulldown with a very, VERY pronounced upper chest (I'm almost like an upside down J letter).

Any version of any row doesn't feel itself in my lats, nor do any version of any chinups - even the chinups where I extend my upper chest extremely I don't really feel it in my lats.

I'm honestly baffled and lost. How do I get them to work?
>>
Is SS really needed?

Been doing it for around three months and getting real tired of it, thinking of changing to PPL or something like that
>>
>>38769846
What's your experience level?

>>38769925
If you're doing pullups or chinups they'll be working your lats, you probably have a weaker muscle in the movement which is getting fatigued first and stopping you feeling it though
>>
File: GSLP.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
GSLP.png
47KB, 547x465px
>>38769977
GSLP is better
>>
>>38769979
>experience level
id say intermediate, definitely not a newcomer
>>
>>38770007
height, weight, lifts, bf%?

When was the last time you stalled on a lift in a linear progression program?
>>
Is it a good idea to add accessories to SL? And if so, what should they be?
>>
File: wonder-woman.jpg (612KB, 1080x675px) Image search: [Google]
wonder-woman.jpg
612KB, 1080x675px
I dislocated my right arm, and it bothers me a lot even though it happened like 2 summers ago. I cracks every time I move my arm above my shoulder, and I feel a small bit of pain when I do bench presses. Suggestions?
>>
>>38769987
Really?
I heard that it was shit
>>
>>38770048
From where/whom?
>>
>>38770055
Right here on qtddtot, a while ago
>>
>>38770072
Well, that anon was wrong.

GSLP has a few benefits over SL. Mainly that after a deload you still have the ability to make a volume PR on that lift next time you do it. SO you are still getting training stimulus and don't get stuck in a rut spinning your wheels with constant deloads.

Also it's easier to put accessories in.
>>
>>38770091
ok, thanks, will try it out

The warm up is the same as in SS, right?
>>
File: sdgsdg.png (111KB, 587x363px) Image search: [Google]
sdgsdg.png
111KB, 587x363px
why is ottermode called ottermode?
sounds fucking stupid...
>>
>>38770137
Because it's easily achievable by swimmers and otters are swimmers
>>
>>38769880

yeah of course. i just said magicbullet because I have one. Even a fucking $8 food processor will work. Blender/Bullets are better cause you can powderize the oats first, then dump in the rest and blend it until silk goodness.
>>
So I have made the switch to homegym, but I have an issue with training legs at the moment:

I have only managed to get ~300lbs worth of weight (inc. the bar), and I have no rack.

My back squat 5RM is 325lbs, so I technically have more than enough weight to effectively train my squat (whether it be switching to front squat or just upping volume).

Without a rack though, the limiting factor seems to be what weight I can clean up, which obviously is not near my maxes (and since I don't have bumpers, I need a margin of safety when cleaning).

I have experimented with single leg exercises, but I don't know that 185lbs x 5 front rack lunges are equivalent to the loads that I am squatting.

My question is: what are good temporary replacements for the squat while I wait on getting a rack?

I was thinking a clean-style deadlift may be good.
>>
I used to to work out a shit ton in highschool because of football and track. I was doing 5x5 last time I worked out. That was a couple of years ago I stopped working out and returned back to my skelly state. I really like strength training because it's practical but at the same time I want to gain some muscle mass. Will 5x5 with some drop off sets + critical mass work? Or will I just become a strong fat fuck?
>>
I'm 28 with a skinnyfat body and lifts as follows

>Bench 135 x 10, 1RM of 165
>Squat 175 x 10, 1RM of 225
>Deadlift 315 x 1
>OHP 95 x 5

My wife recently became pregnant and I want to get extremely aesthetic and turn my gym habit into a real hobby (with results to show for it).

I plan on switching to a 3 day split from SS, starting to eat healthier and less processed/junk food, and cut out all the unnecessary eating habits that I have. I'm also working on becoming more active in my every day life as I work a desk job.

Outside of these changes, and taking roids, what can I do to drastically increase performance and results?
>>
Can't-poop anon here. Just trying to get more fiber in my diet doesn't seem to be working. Should I go for straight up laxatives or just some prunes? Prunes or prune juice?
>>
>>38770518
You should go to a doctor
(or are you from Freedomland where it'll cost you over US$100.000,00 just to get into the clinic?)
>>
>>38770558
I am indeed from freedomland. Going to a doctor is about $200 minimum and that's if they just look at me and sign a form.
>>
Im 6ft and 210lb, im pretty much sedentary at the moment aside from lifting a few times a week.

I used to bulk on 3700kcal whilst i was working a manual job, i continued to eat about 3300kcal after leaving work and now i am need of a cut.

I would normally cut at like 2700kcal but now i am eating at 2000kcal and not losing any weight, would it be stupid to lower my calories anymore? I want to keep my gains i made but my cut is just not working.

My fitness pal is telling me to eat 1700kcal for 1.5lb per week, it seems very low and wont my muscle waste away.
>>
>>38770286
>what can I do to drastically increase performance and results?
jump back on SS and then later on TM. they are simply more effective. btw you are allowed to modify these routines e g squats after upper body, not increasing the weight on squats so fast, doing more lat work, include curls,...
>>
>>38770599
>but now i am eating at 2000kcal and not losing any weight
I doubt that, but if this is really the case (do you even lift) eat 1500kcal instead
>>
File: 1429591336118.gif (137KB, 188x199px) Image search: [Google]
1429591336118.gif
137KB, 188x199px
Doing pic related, GSLP. You're supposed to go up every week with 2.5 lbs for upper and 5 for lower. I have been doing this and found that I can easily progress past that, so I tried 5 for upper and 10 for lower, been doing fine so far. Is this reasonably if my body can handle it or do I have to follow this routine strictly in that regard?

Also separate question but how long does it normally take you guys to perform a set of say, bench press or something. I feel like I spend most of the workout resting and the actual set takes me like 20 or 30 seconds.
>>
>>38770638
I'm only lifting 3 times a week due to an injury, I used to lift 5 times. Lifts are semi decent

255lb bench
410lb squat
550lb dl

Maybe I need to make sure I am spot on with kcal, my weight loss is very random one week I lose nothing then I weight myself another I am a kg lighter.

I was expecting to drop the fat quicker but in 3 months I'm down by 20lb, and I dropped like 8lb in my first week.
>>
How can I target my inner thighs / leg? My quads are so defined but the inner part is like jelly
>>
>>38770694
if you can do it with good form, do it

yes that is normal. I wait between 6-8 min

>>38770698
use the adductor machine if you have access to one. also, shove your knees out squatting to activate adductors
>>
>>38770234
Can you get some squat stands? I remember picking up a pair really cheaply when I started my home gym.

>>38770122
Pretty much

>>38770256
Do GSLP with accessories for each body part to get the extra volume

>>38770694
For the your final set do as many reps as possible on each lift. If you do more than 10 double the weight increase next time.
>>
File: 1469064666424.jpg (16KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
1469064666424.jpg
16KB, 405x405px
My ohp is progressing and I know my form is good, straight back and I clench my butt to help. Problem is my wrists hurt sometimes after. Do i need to work on wrist flexibility or am i fucking up how I hold the bar somehow?
>>
>>38770773
yes, read SS or watch a video of rippetoe explaining the correct grip. I also feel like I hit the lateral deltas more with this grip
>>
are there any supplements that help type 2 diabetes, maybe not fix it but just make the quality of life better? i wanna help my dad
>>
where do you guys get your fiber? just beans and stuff? or does anyone here take supplements?
>>
>>38770902
You should get him to ask a doctor/pharmacist, not /fit/.
>>
>>38770971

yeah hes already gone to the doctor and is taking all the relevant stuff and whatnot i was just wondering if there was anything that'd help at all that i could get him
>>
How essential is taking caffeine alongside Yohimbine HCL? Does it help with the effects, or is it just to aid in the fasting process?
>>
>>38770964
Fruits/vegetables have a decent amount of fiber per serving.
>>
>>38770978
If you start taking supplements along with prescribed medications you don't know how they'll react, so you should get advice from an actual medical professional.
>>
>>38770989

yeah "decent" but I wanna be droppin football dumps ova here
>>
>>38770751
>Do GSLP with accessories
I will look into it thanks.
>>
Adding more weights than you can actually do on bench press but having a spotter with you is a good way to get stronger right?
>>
>>38771184
bros do this
I don't do things bros do
bros get pussy
I don't
>>
File: goals.jpg (543KB, 1058x1918px) Image search: [Google]
goals.jpg
543KB, 1058x1918px
Ok so correct me if I'm wrong, it should go:
1. Eliminate excess fat with cardio, lifts, and deficit
2. build strength base with low#reps/high load and eating surplus
3. slim down with high#reps/medium load and eating deficit
4. Repeat until you look like the pretty boys in the magazines
>>
Is it worth growing a beard if it's blonde? will it ever get darker? My hair and beard actually grow very quickly but I always shave it off 2-3 weeks in because I think it looks bad at that point.
>>
can someone tell me what areas the following (AB) would neglect:

A:
Bench
Bent over row
Chin
Dips
Curl

B:
Squat
OHP
Pull-up
Dips
Reverse curl

Thanks
>>
>>38771195
Sooo... Yes it works is what you're sayin?
>>
Concerning rippetoe's squatmornings- this "focus on the hip drive" part is fucking me up. I've had had back surgery and the imbalance where my hips go up and then the upper back has to compensate by rising separately screws me up. I can do low bar with a constant back angle right ? "Feeling" it from the hips makes my lower body go up quicker and my upper body isn't until at the top of the lift.
>>
>>38771265
Calves
>>
>>38771265
Abs
>>
File: 1360391358555.jpg (333KB, 1088x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1360391358555.jpg
333KB, 1088x1075px
Should I do an exercise that I can only do 6 reps of and train it to 12, or should I just keep doing 12?
>>
>>38766262

As a gym noob, do I need to keep my head in a neutral position when deadlifting, or can I look up? I find that looking up helps keep my back from bending when I deadlift?
>>
>>38771346
Don't look up when doing DL. Sounds like alot of strain on the neck. Keep a neutral head position. Look straight. And work on your form to keep your back from rounding.
>>
>>38771326
Any suggestions for ab workouts? I forgot to add to my post that I plank most evenings (front and side to failure)

>>38771317
Do calves really matter? What do you suggest doing for them? Just raises? I play basketball and feel like I work ten decently with that anyway
>>
>>38771311

He wants you to lead with the hips, with the most minimal amount of back angle change possible.

If your ass shoots way up out of the bottom of the squat, that isn't really correct hip drive. What hip drive is trying to prevent is lifting the chest too early. So as long as you don't lift your chest (which is accompanied by the knees shifting forward slightly), anything less than that is still hip drive.
>>
>>38766262
I don't have celiac disease or a gluten intolerance, but I want to eat healthier (not just cal in vs. out). Should I be eating bread, and what types should I buy/avoid? I've also heard that wheat increases estrogen production, is there any truth to this?
>>
>>38771474
Sounds right, thanks. I have steel bars and screws and shit up my spine and anything that causes my upper back to shift / turn during a lift fucks with it. I can DL fine and shit like that, but squats can be iffy when my back has to swing up. Thanks chief.
>>
>>38768561
as someone whos been doing SL for a bit, i can say i like the routine but the one thing its fucked me on is my bench.

doing 5x5 at my bench limit every other workout has totally wrecked my shoulder. my bench went from 190 lbs to 100 after no seemingly obvious injury. my shoulder just cant take the weight. i tried taking a couple weeks off to rest, didnt help. im basically working back up from 100 lbs, up to 135 again, but man its rough. every bench day is a struggle

everything else is fine tho lol
>>
Are protein and calories all that truly matter on a cut or bulk? Can I just let fats and carbs fall where they may?
>>
>>38771587
I'm sure you've already looked but you ARE squeezing and tucking your shoulder blades, tucking elbows in on the way down (NO flaring) ? I have shoulder issues only when I widen my grip too much or do not tuck shoulders. Only time I really had hurt shoulders was when I did smolov jr, but everyone is different
>>
Should I do yoga before or after I lift?
>>
>>38771600
Yes
>>
>>38771631
after
static stretches before lifting = bad
static stretches after lifting = good
>>
I'm going to start doing
All pro's beginner routine. I've never lifted before, how do I figure out what my max weight is?
>>
Should I train calves?
I'm still novice but it seems like it wouldnt take much energy or time
>>
File: laughter_stops.png (123KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
laughter_stops.png
123KB, 356x256px
When I do one legged squats, I always have to rotate my non-working foot outward and bend the leg, effectively bringing it in front of the working leg. What does it imply?
>>
>>38771680
You dont. Wait til you're comfortable doing the lifts and it's been awhile until you start to max out. Try early and you might end up hurting yourself.
>>
>>38771724
Sorry I should clarify, for example I will need to do squats 4x8. What's the best way to determine what weight I should be using?
>>
>speaking to friend who's been lifting longer than me
>mention how i find it hard to eat enough
>he says when you need some extra calories take a shot of canola (rapeseed) oil
>wut

Is that legit? It sounds like a terrible idea but I guess its easy calories? but its pretty much pure fat right?

Is that suggestion completely retarded or is it actually worth adding some kinda oil to a protein shake or something?
>>
>>38768148
Read the sticky, especially the articles in the second post.
>>
>>38771236
rep range doesn't matter that much.

For muscle hypertrophy you want to accumulate weekly volume for compound movements to get the best training response and build muscle.

To be strong you need muscle mass, so the bulk of your training needs to be hnypertrophy orientated. You then peak by getting better at lifting high weight for less reps. Strength is a skill that you practice, it's about utilising your muscle mass for high intensity low repetition lifts.

>>38771328
Add weight to it.

>>38771346
>>38771396
Honestly it doesn't matter unless its leading to you having bad form. Head position shouldn't cue for anything.

>>38771587
Do 3 sets then and AMRAP the final set. Sounds like your form is off though. Focus on keeping your sternum high to maintain an arch.

>>38771782
Do them with the bar and steadily add weight for a couple of sets until you feel like its heavy enough to get full muscle activation but isn't massively taxing.

>>38771842
It's fairly common.

If you struggle to get your calories in then drinking your calories is definitely easier.
>>
Milk gives me the shits, what can I use to replace it?
>>
>>38771782
Ahh. Well start off with a base and see if that does it (can be any amount). If you feel like it's too light, go up until you find the "right" weight. Hope that helps ya.
>>
>>38771866
Water.
>>
>>38771860
>>38771870

Thanks guys.
>>
>>38768332
Funny, I was just reading all about periodic rest weeks/deloads. Nobody talks about them here, but you're "supposed to" take a week off or do a 50% deload week every 6-12 weeks. I strained my lower back doing DLs and have been down for 2 weeks and most sources say I should be able to add weight when I go back, of course I'll do proper warm up sets and maybe even take it even easier on DLs, but my point is a week or two off is actually good for you every so often, and you should lose zero gains even after 2-4 weeks of no lifting. and maybe even see lifts go up after 1-2 weeks' rest.
>>
File: 1472230903632.jpg (37KB, 583x566px) Image search: [Google]
1472230903632.jpg
37KB, 583x566px
>>38766262
I have a problem with my forearms. When I do a few sets of pull-ups my forearms hurt and are very tired/sore in the eve of the same day. When I flex them later it hurts like hell. Why is that and how can I prevent it?
>>
>>38771958
Might be a weak brachioradialis
>>
Can i use butter in my food, or will it affect my gains? Fatty trying to lose weight here. Also, what are some recommended seasonings with low calories i can put on the chicken breast?
>>
File: 1447895748643.jpg (5KB, 199x250px) Image search: [Google]
1447895748643.jpg
5KB, 199x250px
What's the best way to front squat with weak and stiff wrists? I tried crossing my arms but it hurts my shoulders and the bar chokes me.
>>
Total newfag on /fit/,

>183cm and 63Kgs, 23yo

Currently not excersising, I don't want to hit the gym till i'm not a lackluster pussy who can't even lift the a couple of the lighter weights without going directly into snap city.

I have dumbbells and like swimming, but I mostly spend all the time freestyling non-stop.

Do you know some swimming excercises which are not fully cardio? I have paddles for swimming, so I can use them and the regular swimming material available in the pool.

What to do with the adjustable dumbbells other than biceps? Any other dry excercises that I can do without equipment?

About diet, any other thing apart from eating big 5 times a day?
>>
>>38769007
You are not doing the program.
http://stronglifts.com/5x5/#How_much_weight_should_I_start_with
>>
>>38771991
Just googled and it hurts exactly where the brachioradialis is when I flex. How can make them stronger? Is it even possible or do I have to deal with the pain/soreness?
>>
>>38771860
>It's fairly common.
>If you struggle to get your calories in then drinking your calories is definitely easier.

Yeah I already have a big shake every evening but it seems pretty crazy to just drink basically pure fat?
>>
>>38766262
Isi t bad to exercise 1hour before bed?
I'm going to sleep at 23pm to wake up at 7:20am but fuck me if I'm going to have box at 20pm, it's supposed to last like an hour or half but sometimes it goes till 22pm

I'll even have to eat dinner at 6something and then close my meals for the day since I'll go home just in time to take a bath and sleep
>>
To whichever anons told me how much easier and manageable Deadlifts are using mixed grip, you are a bunch of legends. Unbelievable how much difference it made just now.

You guys are alright.
>>
>>38766262
what the FUCK is happening to me? been cutting slowly, lost 3kg in like 3months(fucked up some days that set me back) and my lifts went up randomly

my bench was 85kg struggling and today I did 90kg easily, felt fucking good. Also the work okout before that I had done 1x3 100kg all by myself and the last 4 reps with spotter giving a touch(which I think is the reason I did this 90kg 3x5 today easily)
my deadlift also went up 2.5kg and couldve gone more up

what is this? is it the caffeine?
I was thinking maybe its just mental gains pushing me through and also I've might unconsciously fixed something that was off in my form?
no idea famalang
>>
>>38770038
http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-assistance-exercises-pullups-pushups/
I added dips and chins after three weeks when I felt like I could handle a bit more.
>>
>>38772077
No problem bruh.
>>
running /fit/izens, what the fuck do I do to prevent my nipples from getting chafed off on runs longer than 5k? I'd put bandaids on them or something but I'm a hairy fuck and I don't want to pull those off every time I run.
>>
>>38770518
Drink more water, eat more fiber.
>>
>>38772122

>shave nips
>tape them

or wear a nice bra
>>
My mom says that if I take whey protein in the evening it will damage my stomach lining and fuck my kidneys. Is she talking shit?
>>
Going no fap, is a way to increase testosterone levels?
how about at least having longer intervals between faps?

I'm usually a fag who faps nearly everyday(or every couple of days), going 4 days usually gets me very distracted, going a whole week is the point where I start to go insane
so I'm thinking of going longer intervals, to help out with workout and perhaps also during approaches
>>
>>38770286
What does your wife's pregnancy have to do with you going to the gym?
>>
Guys what the heckery diddly do, I attempt to do some stretches, I lift my leg as high as I can and I hear a popping sound along with a unpleasant feeling at the leg joint. I do it again and again and it keeps happening. I lie down to do some crunches and with every single rep same thing happens in the pelvis area around the spine.
Am I dying? I haven't exercised for a while
>>
Is smoking weed degeneracy?
>>
File: 1326504267171.jpg (7KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1326504267171.jpg
7KB, 177x278px
>>38772372
eat things with zinc or zinc suplements. Do squats. Fap less often.

Still waiting for someone to reply to my post btw >>38772047
>>
File: 1425917345517_serious_mass.1200w.jpg (175KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1425917345517_serious_mass.1200w.jpg
175KB, 1200x1200px
Does this have too many calories per serving? (1250). I am in Uni so it is somewhat hard to count calories but I feel like this shit would make me fat really quick.
>>
>>38772141
I drink so much water already. HavING trouble getting more fiber as I'm on a cut, but scarfing broccoli didnt help.
>>
>>38772122
are you a guy?
why the fuck do you care?
>>
File: 1313795039133.png (9KB, 459x377px) Image search: [Google]
1313795039133.png
9KB, 459x377px
>>38772444
>250 carbs per serving

is it just a loaf of fucking bread and sugar?
>>
>>38772453
if you need it task husk powder. 6g of fiber per two tablespoons and cheap as fuck
>>
>>38772432
nah bro you need to relax once in a while. It's ok to be not the best version of yourself. just sit back, smoke a joint, touch yourself and let me take care of your girl
>>
>>38772444
I took it and it was great. One serving is two full scoops so just take one scoop instead. Problem solved.
>>
Are instant noodles that bad or is it just the shitty spices that come in the pack?
>>
>>38772037
IIFYM
>>
>>38770751
Good call, how did I not think of stands. Maybe some blocks as makeshift safeties on the side, too.

Thank you anon.
>>
>>38772573
they have 0 nutrition which is why they are considered bad. Literally just empty carbs with very little else.
>>
>>38772566
That's what I was considering but I was wondering if I could take a full serving with out blowing up.
>>
>>38772688
I mean if you're lifting heavy, you should be fine. If you ain't doing shit, you're gona put on some fat.
>>
>>38772721
Thanks anon.
>>
I haven't been falling asleep until like 4 in the morning recently.

How do I fix my sleep schedule?
>>
How necessary is sleep for just cardio? I slept around 2 hours last night and I'm about to take a one hour nap. Is that enough for me to survive about two hours of swimming and a few pull ups?
>>
Started cutting on Sunday (1500 cals), lost 5 lbs overnight. That's to fast, what the heck?
>>
>>38772453
Just eat a shit ton of veggies, beans and legumes.
>>
>>38771860
Thank you anon.
>>
>>38772871
Get a decent routine that works for you and stick to it.

Avoid caffeine in the evening, avoid things that are overly cognitively stimulating an hour before bed (eg vidya, internet). Do a simple relaxation exercise before you go to bed. Get up at a set time in the morning no matter how much sleep you have had....etc.
Be honest with yourself as to what works for you.
>>
Is Taco Bell good post-workout nutrition? I remember Candito mentioning that he was going there after his workout in one of his videos. What should I order? I'm bulking btw.
>>
File: 978_1200x1200x80_WOLFIANA.jpg (128KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
978_1200x1200x80_WOLFIANA.jpg
128KB, 1200x900px
>>38772092
>38772092
>>38772092
>>38772092
>>38772092

anyone has an idea?

also I'd like to ask if you guys have any recommended books useful for lifting and it's other aspects like stretching and maintaining healthy joints, food, cardio and all that.

I have SS 3rd edition and also plan on getting strength anatomy by that guy that his name sounds french

I think the sticky should be updated and also add some usefull stuff like those books I mentioned(can be gotten in pdf but i pref physical)
>>
>tfw don't count my carbs
>only protein and kcals to the maximum precision I can
>try go get around 40-50g fat and 20g fiber, don't really count them but I know food which have them

am I doing something wrong? are carbs that important?
I just make sure I dont go overboard or consume really low since I need energy
>>
I've moved to a place where I'll be for at least 6 months which has low ceilings. Consequently I can't set up my squat rack right now.

I was doing GSLP there for about 3 months or so there and I want to keep making some gains in this time.

I can still set up my bench and have my full olympic set.

Can't do OHP either because I'd smash a hole through the ceiling during extension. I did however buy some bar bells which fit my olympic plates.

Can someone suggest some routine modifications I can incorporate with this set up?
>>
Is there like a picture journey of someones transformation online? I am talking about a pic every week or month for a couple years that shows their body transformation.

I am trying to find out what realistic body transformation looks like at 3 months, 6 months, etc.
>>
Beginner here: is it normal to feel very sleepy after working out?
In fact even in rest days I find myself needing more sleep
>>
File: 231513616.jpg (35KB, 419x575px) Image search: [Google]
231513616.jpg
35KB, 419x575px
I'm so sick of having skinny noodle arms. I've gained 15 pounds over the last 1.5 years and made solid progress on my legs and chest/back, but my arms are lacking so hard.

Can someone please tell me what specifically I should incorporate into my routine to make some arm gains? Right now I do a variation of SL with some accessory work to try and get bigger arms

I feel like all the gains go towards my torso and my arms stay the same, it's annoying as fuck
>>
>>38773401

tris make up the majority of your upper arm mass so make sure you're not just hitting biceps
>>
should I do my bent over rows 3x5 or 3x10 ?
I was thinking of 3x5 and upping my weight but atm I'm at 3x10 with 60kg only

wondering which one would make my back bigger
>>
Okay this is freaking me out. I weighed 152 - 155lbs a few weeks ago and now I'm 158-160lbs but physically I look the same like I was when i weighed 152lbs.

What the fuck is happening?
>>
Thoughts and experiences regarding drinking coffee before a workout?
>>
>>38773464
I'm the dude that went from 85kg bench to 100kg bench 1x3 and today 3x5 90kg while being on a cut since June

it is fucking GOAT, and the first times you'll feel invincible and like on drugs, hyped as fuck and talking fast

I drink around 200mg, used to be less but had to up my intake since your body gets used to it
I also only drink 3x week when I lift so I dont get too used to it

Some people drink coffee and lift right away, I wait like 15-20mins while blasting hanzel und gretyl for the caffeine to kick out
>>
>>38773459
Sounds like your bulking a bit.
>>
had some minor pain in my abs squatting. now I've got some minor soreness and discomfort under my bellybutton. all I feel down there is some fat and then abs, so should I be concerned about a hernia at all?
>>
>>38773485
Should I still be using it if I'm bulking? I'm using a Keurig with the cups or whatever, how did you consume yours?
>>
>100+kg deadlift
>cant bench more than 50 kg
just novice things
>>
For a beginner, which do you think would increase the muscle mass on the biceps more, doing chin-ups or regular biceps curls ?
>>
>>38773500
Well if you need that extra energy and alertness go for it

I also use one of those machines, the capsules box say the mg of the coffee so I try to average it by taking 1 full capsule and then only half of another one
>>
What is "recomping"?
>>
Is lifting heavy in the morning non-advisable?
It would be really useful time managment wise
>>
Been doing a keto cut for about 2 weeks now. Visually estimate 10% BF or lower, deep insertions I've never seen before. This is my goal BF but I'm not sure where to go from here. I was doing TDEE maintenance before I decided to do an aggressive cut to see how shredded I could get, but I'm afraid if I get off keto my BF may stay low but I'll get some water weight. Any advice appreciated bruhs.
>>
>>38773572
losing fat gaining muscle

or other way around
>>
File: wrist stretch.jpg (473KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
wrist stretch.jpg
473KB, 1920x1920px
>>38772043
Do these twice a day. Hold for about 30 seconds and complete each one 3 times.
>>
>>38773747
How is this possible? I thought you could only do one or the other, not both simultaneously
>>
>>38773656
The only real issue is that the fluid in your vertebral discs hasn't quite settled yet from being prone for 8 hours so you wanna be careful on your diddlys but it's probably fine.

>>38773703
Honestly push the shred until you just about can't stand it m8, leaner the better
>>
>>38772047
>I don't want to hit the gym till i'm not a lackluster pussy who can't even lift the a couple of the lighter weights without going directly into snap city.

I was 6'1" 130lbs. when I started. Benching the bar and shit. No one notices, no one cares. Everyone has to start somewhere.
>>
>>38773459
What were you expecting to see with a ~4% BW increase?
>>
>>38773777
Keto shred guy here, what do I do after tho? Also, don't wanna lose too much muscle mass.
>>
>>38773572
>>
>>38773850
bulk w/carbs

carbs are the best macro to increase to put on muscle

until you drop below around 8% the body maintains muscle really well if training and proteining, and even then those losses are minimal and easily reversible
>>
>>38773555
Why not both? You should be doing pullups/chinups and some sort of curl in any program
>>
>>38773276
Practical Programming for Strength Training by Rip, The Purposeful Primitive by Marty Gallagher, Becoming a Supple Leopard has some ok stuff in it, though theres a lot of crap to wade through, and Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon.
>>
>>38773902
Anon if I may inquire, what changes have you made to your diet after reading nourishing traditions?
>>
>>38773873
Thanks!
>>
>>38773427
If it's your main back compound then 5, if doing it after your compound then 8-10
>>
>>38773772
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi-jnsG0Z7Y
>>
>>38772047
Google callisthenics.

Just go to the gym. No one cares if you are weak

>>38772068
Calories are calories.

Have a second shake in the day. Drink whole milk by the pint. Learn to eat more. I used be 62kg at 183 cm. That was 4 years ago and since then I've bulked up to 92kg and then cut to 80kg (weight has varied quite a lot depending on sports I've played and my goals at the time). You need to relearn how to fuel your body.

>>38772072
Try it an see. I've never had a problem with it but there are some who do.

>>38772077
Train your grip strength too though. You shouldn't rely on mixed grip and having big forearms is fun.

>>38772092
If you wanna read shit then go to strengtheory dot com. There's loads of good shit written there.

>>38772122
Vaseline? Lube them up to stop the chafing.

>>38772187
>Believing mom science
I'm stronger, healthier and I can guarantee my stomach is healthier than your mothers and I drink whey protein every evening before bed.

>>38772372
nofap is a meme and it won't fix your problems. There was a study which showed abstaining for a week led to slightly increased levels on the 7th day but it's basically a negligible difference and wasn't a great controlled study.

>>38772432
It is but why do you care what others think? Vaping it is healthier btw and way better.

>>38772453
Prunes

>>38772871
If you cant sleep do a puzzle in a dimly lit room that isn't your bedroom. When you feel a little tired go back to bed. Drinking a glass of milk and eating a banana before bed helps me too.

>>38773267
IIFYM

>>38773302
Z-Pressed. You sit flat on the floor with your legs infront of you and press overhead. Engages your core pretty well

>>38773401
Barbell curls every day you work out. Do two days heavy, lots of sets, fewer reps. One lighter day with more reps. Do dumbbell press to try and burn out your tris, pressing lots is what gives me best results for triceps.

>>38773555
Hit your biceps with a shit load of volume to get them to grow
>>
>>38773772
Basically you're eating at just about maintenance and lifting with a lot of volume so you're gaining lean mass more than fat. As such you're bf% drops.
>>
anyone ever tried fst-7? if so how did it look which exercises reps and sets?
>>
File: Kirk dubs.gif (1000KB, 192x213px) Image search: [Google]
Kirk dubs.gif
1000KB, 192x213px
Band meeting. You guys think it would be a good idea to put something like this in the QTDDTOT OP?
>For individual questions, as opposed to general, make sure you include the following info or we can't help you:
>height/weight/BF% (best guess is fine)
TDEE (use a TDEE calculator)
Fitness experience (what, for how long, lift stats, etc.)

It seems that many noobs omit vital info when asking personalized questions, and it results in a back and forth that hopefully could be avoided by this. Of course, no one reads the fucking sticky, so...
>>
>>38773831
Well with the fact that my diet has stayed the same I didn't expect this at all
>>
>>38773911
A lot of the info in the introduction I was already aware of, but the recipes in the book are pretty good, seeing as it is mostly a cookbook. Didn't really change my macros or anything, just gave me some good food ideas.
>>
Thinspo fag here
It would be neat to be able to do a bunch of bodyweight things like handstands and flag poles, and everyone that I've met who's able to do the IS very thin, but how much strength could i really build while staying fairly skelly?
>>
how to improve grip? I'm close to lmao 2pl8 on deadlift and I can't hold the bar long enough to do 5 reps in a row.
>>
>>38773924
Everything Scooby said in this video I've heard called "broscience" here. This can't be true right?
>>
>>38766262
Been cutting 2100-2200 can a day for going on 3 weeks Wednesday, tdee calculator puts me at 3100 a day (I'm a fat fuck who actually gets a shit ton of exercise from work). Woke up this morning with absolutely no energy despite 9 hours of sleep. Had no energy all day until I ate something then I perked right up.

Am I cutting to fast? I have been feeling great until today and I'm honestly not even that hungry, but god damn did this morning suck. Not even my dip woke me up.
>>
>>38773925
Shit hamstring flexibility. I can't sit legs flat out with rounding and compressing lower back.
>>
>>38774044
I have the same, raise your knees slightly and the exercise works just as well.
>>
>>38773995
You didn't mention that. In fact you gave zero information to even base any sort of guess on, so I'm not really sure what to say here. Body weight fluctuates on a daily basis.
>>
>>38774075
Gr8. Cheers mang
>>
>>38774016
Using chalk?
>>
>>38773914
I squat, OHP and then do those
>>
>>38774043
Are you at a 2200 calorie deficit or are you eating 2200 calories a day?
>>
>>38774114

Deficit.
>>
My core is weak as Fuck... But I don't Wana do sit ups... Should I just break down and get on the ground?
>>
>>38774133

Sprints and planks, fuck sit-ups.
>>
>>38774126
That is way too fucking much of a deficit bruv.

You never want to eat less than 60% of your TDEE, even if you're a fat fuck. For your TDEE you should be eating no less than 1860 calories a day.
>>
>>38774126
Jesus Christ man, every source out there recommends not much more than 500 cal deficit/day. You have a lot of body to maintain still even if you weren't active at work. Eat more. If you're really fat, try a 1000 cal deficit max.
>>
>>38774126
this seems unlikely

>>38774133
sit ups are shit anyway. Get an ab wheel.
Hangings leg raises are good too
>>
>>38774094
I don't get sweaty so I don't think that's the issue.
>>
>>38774166
Try it.
>>
Hey so I was skinnyfat, but got to basically a skelly with a tiny bit amount of muscle from doing SS while cutting (noob gains)

Anyway, I've been bulking but I'm a bit scared I'll just get fat. Will these calories distribute throughout my body, or is my fat face, gut, and tits gonna come back?

I'm still lifting really hard each week
>>
>>38774175
What was fat before will get fat again, but not overnight.
>>
I am getting some intense pain after doing anything but the most basic girly pushups and even doing a lot of those hurts after a while.

I used to do them all the time as a kid but now after 5+ years of physical labor in a factory, I feel sore and achy for days after doing any.

Could this be an indication of a repetitive motion injury?
>>
is HMB a meme?
those studies claiming better than roids is obviously BS but does it help when youre cutting?
worth ?
>>
I OHP and do lateral raises as direct shoulderr exercises
seems my shoulders are fine sideways but lacking on back, top and front in that order

how do I fix this? I also box so it kinda sucks to add too much direct work on shoulders
>>
>>38766262
When do i eat the protein shake?
>>
>>38774183
Why? I'm lifting. I'll really get tits and a fat face again?

How come so many gymbros I know never get titties when they bulk?
>>
>>38774152
>>38774160

Is there any real harm dropping below 60%? 1860 seems stupidly high for losing weight, but I am basing that on my knowledge of raising market goats instead of people.

>>38774162

It's actually pretty easy m8, every time I thought about eating I just took another pinch of tobacco.
>>
>>38774293
>Is there any real harm dropping below 60%?
Yes. Shut the fuck up and listen to people who know what they're doing.

Did you feel exhausted or out of energy like you posted despite getting enough sleep?

Then you are not eating enough.

I know that you're currently wanting to lose weight as fast as possible, but your body can only take so much. 1860 would be high if you weren't a fat fuck. It's a 1200 calorie deficit and will lose you more than 2 pounds per week, which is crazy fast progress.
>>
>>38774281
Yes, you will wake up tomorrow and be fat again....

I said fat likes to go where it once was. You are bulking and that means you will gain some fat. I recommend you stop bulking when you think you want to stop. Probably before you get fat again.
>>
>>38774175
You're going to gain fat no matter what while bulking, but it's going to be paired with muscle. If anything, it'll just look like muscle with a layer of fat on it.

Once you reach a certain percentage you cut and retain the muscle.
>>
>>38774258
whenever you want it. The anabolic window is mostly a myth. If you're into timing and all that, within 4 hours of your workout.
>>
File: 1473857599532.jpg (15KB, 388x341px) Image search: [Google]
1473857599532.jpg
15KB, 388x341px
Ok so I avoided SS like the plague thanks to you guys cause I don't want to become a meme but I want to start a beginner routine now. Ive been going to the gym for around 3 months and made little progress but I'm not exactly week so I want to start greyskull. So bear with me this is like a multipart question.
1 Is it safe to do a bench on your own
2 I've never done a bench squat or deadlift is there a go to YouTube channel or something you guys reference cause I don't want to kill myself yet
And 3 how do I know weight I should start at on each of these
>>
>>38774353
not exactly weak" (that's almost kind of a lie though so eh)
>>
>>38774353
Ironically all of that is answered in the SS book.
>>
What's a good non-dairy, non-meat source of protein? No eggs either.

I think there's tofu and lentils. But is that it?
I have this friend who says she wants my help working out, but doesn't want to eat any meat dairy or eggs. She says she's not vegan though. I don't really get it but I want to try helping her out.
>>
>>38774353
"SS is a meme" is a meme. There's literally nothing wrong with the program if you merely want to build up strength and then move on to a hypertrophy or olympic routine.
>>
>>38774281

M8, it could be worse. I lost 40lbs, now have abs, and my fat man tits never fucking left. They didn't even sag. When I was fat it was OK cause my gut filled out the void under them, now I'm just a 6'2 man walking around with perky C cup tits.

Since this is qtddtot, how do I fix this short of surgery?
>>
Brown rice or white rice?
>>
>>38774395
if they're really bad, you're fucked without surgery.

If they're minor, grow your chest into them.
>>
>>38774397
it doesn't matter, they're almost identical aside from a tiny bit more fiber in brown. depends on what you're eating honestly
>>
>>38774397
Brown cus blood sugar control. Stop the diabeetus. Good for vascular health.
>>
done lifting. dont want to get skinnyfat again from bulking and lifting
>>
>>38774388
GSLP is better for a myriad of reasons which make ss a meme
>>
>>38774503
>GSLP is better for a myriad of reasons
Why? Genuinely curious.
>>
Reducing face fat goes along with losing weight overall right?
>>
>>38774509
Primarily the amrap sets.

It allows volume PRs to be set even after stalling, which massively helps the training reponse in beginner lifters and reduces how disheartening a plateau can be.
>>
>>38774644
Correct
>>
Is L Theanine bullshit or not?
>>
>>38774647
so it seems the differences are more mental than physical.
>>
Alright so I'm kind of confused. There are many ways to "cut" or so, and I'm assuming it's up to me to find out which works best for myself, but in the end it's all about counting calories and eating good shit, while getting as much protein as I can possibly get. In that sense, why can't I just eat nothing but protein heavy foods and maybe just drink protein shakes instead of having a meal? What will the end result to that be? Skinny but muscular?
>>
A few minutes after i deadlift i start to immediately feel sore above my hips where my "love handles" would be. I just started lifting 3 weeks ago and i only started deadlifting 2 days ago. Im not lifting heavy, only 135lbs with proper form. Is this normal or am i messing up somehow?
>>
complete fucking exercise newfag here - my physio recommended some exercises to me and one of them was that she gave me a strip of rubber latex or something that I tie a knot in and place in a door frame and pull down on, it's supposed to work my trapezoids or whatever the shoulder-blade muscles are. Problem is I'm doing the routine at the gym and I'm fairly sure they won't let me keep the door closed while I do my little gay exercise. So what's a good machine/exercise I can do to get those muscles? - I was recommended a pull-down machine by my dad but I didn't really feel like that was working the shoulder area - it was more on the bicep and a bit on the sides of my body.
>>
>>38768462
Bulk. You dont have much muscle mass and the summer is pretty much over. Tack on some good muscle during the fall/early winter and then cut hard for dat beach bod in the late winter/early spring.
>>
>>38774688
it's probably just DOMS, they go away.
>>
>>38774684
if you would just give the sticky more than a quick skim you'd have your answer.
>>
Is the mercury in tuna thing a legitimate concern? Recently fell in love with that 140 calorie 30g of protein per can wonder.

I could eat this every day, but heavy metal poisoning seems bad.
>>
>>38774647
>amrap
Not convinced that is a good thing.

http://bonvecstrength.com/2013/02/26/4-rules-for-lifting-to-failure/

http://strengtheory.com/training-to-failure-or-just-training-to-fail/
>>
best barbell exercises for forearms?
>>
>>38774353
>>38774388
>>38774503
>>38774647
I'm sure everyone has seen this thread?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150877343
>>
File: haircut.jpg (47KB, 450x639px) Image search: [Google]
haircut.jpg
47KB, 450x639px
yo dudes, this pic was posted in another thread. What's the name of the haircut in pic related so I can ask my barber for it
>>
>>38774895
Just print out the picture
>>
>>38774353
>safe to do bench
Yes. Don't clip the weights. Until you know your limits, don't push yourself without a spotter. With that said, I do bench at a gym where people are at the ready to help a guy choking under the bar. Don't let it happen when you're alone...use a smith machine if you're on your last sets or Dumbbells.
2. There are rippetoe videos and SL for this.
3. Start light.
>>
>>38774794
Mercury poisoning from food is really only a concern for developing children. You can still get it, but it won't fuck you up that much if you catch it early, which you probably will because it has some prominent neuromuscluar effects that an active person will notice far easier than a slob. http://www.medicinenet.com/mercury_poisoning/article.htm

As for the tuna itself; white (albacore) canned tuna has 3 times the amount of mercury than light canned tuna, so keep that in mind when shopping.
>>
Holy shit am I supposed to read the entire GSLP book ? Or can I just skip to Chapter 5?
>>
I never had this checked out, but it always happens on the treadmill/elliptical-- where my knee kind of gives in and bends by itself leading to me stumbling sometimes. Knowing this, I've completely avoided doing squats, would it be okay to just substitute the machine leg press instead?
>>
>>38774374
Look up yellow pea protein .
>>
Two questions:

1st: at 167lbs 20% bodyfat how much fat do I need to lose to get to 12% bodyfat? I can't figure the math out here because as weight goes down the correlating bf% changes, probably just brain farting though

2nd: I've heard about 40-50lbs of muscle is all you can hope to put on as a natty, about 24 pounds first year and 12 pounds second year and keeps halving each year. Is this true?
>>
I was just wondering if intermittent fasting is okay on a cut. I'm a fat fuck and I eat at a 1500 deficit on keto, but if I go a couple days a week with only 500 Cals. Something like xxAxxAx (A being the fasting days) and just do that every week
>>
Pendlay or Yates rows?
>>
>>38774000
I got trips and still I'm ignored
K-ing my S rn
>>
>>38775321
Multiply your bodyweight by your fat percentage

Divide result by fat percentage without the decimal

bang, found out how much eat percentage of fat weighs.
>>
>>38775390
some people swear by it, others hate it. If it works for you, you should be fine.
>>
What bodyfat levels do I need to make my bitch tits and poofy nipples go away?

Fuck poofy nipples and bitch tits, I don't even look bad being a little fat, but I guess I gotta cut thanks to terrible fat storage genetics.
>>
File: 1469836182179.jpg (70KB, 540x570px) Image search: [Google]
1469836182179.jpg
70KB, 540x570px
Hey anons, I've been hovering at 170lbs for about two months now.
I'm 5'8" and male, which I believe may be relevant information.
I've been counting calories but I believe my intake of calories may be higher than I suspect, and that my extremely low testosterone may also be hindering my metabolism from being as efficient as possible.
I've been looking at the prospect of having a pescatarian-ketogenic diet, with the only fruit I'll be eating being tomatoes, pretty much because I love their taste.
I was wondering if this idea would be good to adopt as a lifestyle change, and what a reasonable weight loss goal would be to have by next year by Feb.
I am hoping to get down to 135-140lbs by then, and I would really appreciate insight and opinions on this, as I am quite determined to take this step.
>>
>>38775321
This is geared towards keto, but you can just ignore that stuff if you want and for the purposes of of body fat loss, it doesn't matter anyway:
http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
>>
>>38775779
Coming from the exact same situation you are anon.

Just eat less, you're miscalculating something somewhere. I found out I was eating nearly twice as much protein as I thought I was (fucking scoops, how do they work?)

Also try to shove some cardio in if you can. Could never hurt. Personally I think Keto is overkill and only for fatsos
>>
File: 1465979789343.jpg (405KB, 1485x938px) Image search: [Google]
1465979789343.jpg
405KB, 1485x938px
>>38775934
I see, thanks for some insight anon!
I'm just wanting to lose it, and also wish to become healthier in general.
I've felt rather bloated all my life, which may be because of my large carb intake daily, and was hoping keto would be able to assist in getting rid of that.
Also my energy levels despite the high carbohydrates are rather low, as is my willingness to do much activity outside of work.
Depression also affects my desire to really do anything, and I've read keto might be able to help that.
Do you think keto may be able to assist with alleviating some of those problems I have?
Apologies for the second question, I just would like as much input as possible before actually jumping towards or away this change.
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.