[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on CrossFit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (55KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
55KB, 554x400px
What are your thoughts on CrossFit?
>>
>>38765512
None, i don't think of it at all.
>>
crossfit is fucking stupid, and so are all the people who do it. any physical activity that compromises your body's stability and simultaneously runs on the premise of "form doesn't matter" is dangerous, heretical, darwin-in-action bullshit
>>
A good combination of cardio and strength for overall strength, when done correctly. When done incorrectly, it's dangerous

Sadly there are so many gyms that are run by people who don't know what they're doing, so the vast majority of people doing crossfit are doing it wrong and with horrible form, so they just get hurt
>>
its the fastest possible way to enter snap city
>>
good in theory, horrible in practice
>>
>>38765808
>>38765853
Both of these... Bullet train to snapsville
>>
The idea of crossfit is good but chances of finding a place that can train you properly are slim and the people who do it are the biggest douchbags on the planet. They are the vegans of exercising.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 275x183px
Would try as cardio, if there was any crossfit gyms nearby
>>
File: tgp.jpg (6KB, 273x160px) Image search: [Google]
tgp.jpg
6KB, 273x160px
>>38765512
It sounds like a great idea, but from what I've seen it doesn't work out too well in practice.
Also, it's a cult.
>>
>>38765886
this.

crossfit started off so well as a conditioning program for general athleticism, but turned into a circle jerk race to snap city for the sake of social media posts
>>
>>38765512
Crossfit is THE perfect workout solution
>>
My dad's pretty into CrossFit, it's how he stays in shape for the military. He only ever does his own thing, never at a CrossFit gym, but when you looks at the stuff he does its a pretty normal workout - same barbell stuff you'd find in starting strength plus some cardio stuff and things on a bar - but no crazy swingy shit.
>>
>>38766282
Is DIY crossfit the next big thing?
>>
>>38766304
he's been doing it for years, just getting workouts and various instructional videos from the website and YouTube
>>
Sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

Olympic lifts, HIIT, circuit training, and bodyweight exercise are all great things on their own. When combined together in a rushed, injury ignorant system by people with no prior training, it's asking to fuck your shit up.
>>
>>38765512
Brilliant if you've always wanted a hernia
>>
>>38766335
really made me think
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI
>>
It's an expensive way to get injured.

The concepts and programming "philosophy" is a bunch of shit that sounds good, but in reality produces either subpar functional results or useless specialty results. Strength-endurance is not a new training concept, but CrossFit has managed to overhype the efficacy of their method of training for it.

That being said, if you can find a place where the trainers actually know their shit, their gyms can be good resources for training based on Olympic lifting. Just don't get sucked into the flock and do a bunch of WoD's to satisfy them
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.