[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The fact that they had people come into tents that newborns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1443135298990-co.jpg (97KB, 870x581px) Image search: [Google]
1443135298990-co.jpg
97KB, 870x581px
>The fact that they had people come into tents that newborns are in, and if the child didn't look strong they just killed it. That's that old time Barbary stuff, though. Which was common. But I thought the fact that they stayed at the peak of health and didn't indulge in gluttony, but they sinned with wrath more than the fat guys sinned with gluttony. Looking at them objectively, they stayed ignorant and dogmatic to live to kill better, not to be better.
So why do you children think that sparta was such a role model? It's just juvenile to think that they were the peak of anything
Pic related, what the rest of civilised greece thought of your "perfect examples"
>>
The rest of Greece would have lost without them. Sparta is based.
>>
I'm guessing you watched quite few of your ancestors die in 300
>>
>>38763760
>pic related
>pic is roman legionnaire
>>
>>38763782
Not as many as the Persian's that watched
>>
Who thinks that? There's a reason why Sparta failed, it's a military state with an unsustainable warrior upper class supported by tons of slaves.

It was bound to fail.

>p.s. having two kings is fucking retarded
>>
>>38763775
FUCK YOU ATHENS IS GOAT
WE RULES THE SEAS ANIMAL FUCKERS
>>
File: OP.jpg (22KB, 576x318px) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
22KB, 576x318px
>>38763760
>>
>>38763775
Lost what? All they helped in was thermopylae.
>>
>>38763789
You realize these civilizations were contemporary, right bud?
>>
>>38763760

They were among the best warrior states of all of greece before greece was greece.
>>
>>38763760
from what i remember being taught, sparta was remembered for its warfare, and athens was remembered for its culture/intelligence/thought/creativeness/etc. type stuff. sparta isnt typically thought of as a "role model", except if you watch the movie 300 and take it way too much to heart. your question doesnt make sense. is your perception this way because YOU saw sparta as a role model, and projecting your own thoughts/ideas/beliefs unto everyone else who was your age?
>>
>>38763839
>Legionnaire in Punic wars
>Contemporary to Sparta, best known for the Battle of Thermopylae

did you know that the civil war and ww2 are also both the same era
>>
>>38763775
Actually you're thinking of Athens.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.