[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BREAD THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: breadd.png (596KB, 714x434px) Image search: [Google]
breadd.png
596KB, 714x434px
Bread and wheat. Does /fit/ eat them? Does /fit/ think they are good for you? I don't have celiac disease or a gluten intolerance, but I want to eat healthier (not just cal in vs out). Should I be eating bread, and what types should I buy/avoid? I've also heard that wheat increases estrogen production, is there any truth to this?
>>
tfw ketofag for cutting and that picture is triggering me
>>
>>38762634
I tried keto before, it was interesting. I don't even like bread necessarily, I just want to know if it's healthy + the estrogen question.
>>
>>38762559
I thought bread avoiding was all memery
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dDJdk0j4xnM

Now i can buy that wheat is inflammatory as fuck, and while i don't forbid myself from eating it (restrictive dieting always fails - this is science) i go long periods of time without pasta or breads.
>>
>>38762559

>2016
>not making your own bread each weekend

Get on my level faggots
>>
>>38763187

>>Now i can buy that wheat is inflammatory as fuck

It's not though
>>
>>38764286

Fucking this. Store bought bread in America is shit, even the "100% whole wheat" stuff. Just use a simple no-knead bread recipe and you have bread for the week.

That being said, does anybody know how to make my bread last longer? It got moldy on the 6th day.
>>
>>38766179
>>38764286
damn i thought i was the only one here who did this. i use a no knead recipe and add a bottle of beer to the mix, its fucking amazing with roast beef. the best way to avoid mould is simply eating it before its mouldy - which means making less bread at a time. i make a loaf every few days, store bought shit is for fucking plebs
>>
>>38766230

What type of yeast do you use? I've been using instant yeast packets but I feel like I can do better?
>>
>>38766179
I buy stone ground whole wheat unsliced loaves from kroger, it must be locally made or in houseor something because you have to be on your shit to keep it from getting moldy fast. Usually not even near the main bread section.

But it is. So. Fuckin. Good.
It's heavy, dense, but not too dense where it's mushy. I make absolutely god tier burgers and sandwiches with it and it's for sure helped me bulk more than anything else. It's such a different experience than normal bread.

It's also cheaper than the Ezekiel/dkb bullshit, 3 bucks a loaf
>>
>>38766179
Anyways to keep that kroger bread from getting moldy so quick I just saran wrap it super thick and it usually stays good til I kill it
>>
>>38766311

I recently moved near a Kroger for the first time, I'll see if they have it. Thanks.
>>
>>38766292
i just use regular fleischmann's active dry, i keep the jar in the freezer. im thinking of trying my hand at sourdough next - which you can make without buying yeast since it uses wild yeast from the air. i also like the idea of making a sourdough starter and seeing how many years i can keep it going for
>>
>>38766179
Let cool, tightly wrap in plastic, and freeze it. When you want to use it again throw in back into the oven.
>>
>>38766332
Sourdough is God tier bread. Bacteria and yeast ferment the dough and make it easier to digest. Even people with celiac can eat proper Sourdough without it fucking them up.
>>
>>38763187
>restrictive dieting always fails - this is science

Oh, it's *****science*****. Well that changes everything then anon. Stop pushing yourself, stop trying to improve, because ******science****** says you shouldn't, so it's obviously ok to become a complacent whim-driven little wimp. Good thinking bud!
>>
>>38766326
Look near the deli and fresh produce section it usually has it's own little shelf/kiosk thing going on
>>
>>38766376
It works for short term, anon.

But if you don't learn to maintain a low bodyfat with nonrestrictive dieting, you are not gonna make it long term.
>>
>>38766391
> non restrictive dieting
You're doing it wrong.
If you were doing it right none of this would be restrictive. You'd want to feed your body the best fuel available. It's not some magical unknown formula and just because it's a "fight" for you doesn't mean that "fight" is the way it is supposed to be.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.