[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting really sick of chicken, rice, and broccoli, but I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: cdd.jpg (31KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
cdd.jpg
31KB, 480x640px
Getting really sick of chicken, rice, and broccoli, but I have no idea how to cook anything past throwing it in boiling water/on the grill.

Can /fit/ give me some tasty ideas to try that aren't to hard for a beginner?
>>
>>38760234
Yeah man I got you. Google: Crockpot recipes
>>
>>38760234
What about salads? There's a lot of possibilities there. Sometimes I like to really do my salad up with some roasted red peppers, sauteed mushrooms, and a couple soft-boiled eggs. At least switch out the protein source every now and then for a bit of variety.
>>
>>38760259
I don't own a crockpot.
>>
>>38760297
Live and die by the crockpot you silly cunt.
Ask your parents to up your allowance
>>
>>38760234
Mix up your veggies, try different spices, maybe try some coconut oil. That's how I keep from getting bored by rice dishes.
Maybe watch some Ramsay's Home Cooking, not so much for the recipes but for how easy and fun cooking apparently complex dishes can be.
>>
>>38760297
Nigga a crockpot and rice cooker are ESSENTIAL to living if you're working 5 days a week. You drop your shit in in the morning and come home to meals for at least 3 days and it's that simple
>>
>>38760344

It's on my list, but I'm currently strapped for cash since I live with a bunch of 55+ BMI turbo fats, I've been buying my own food and paying for school. They order everything so we don't have much to cook with.

I currently have
>a pot
>two skillets
>a grill
>stove/oven
>pressure cooker
>blender

Was thinking I might try a stir-fry in my big skillet.
>>
Here's a good rice recipe if you want to do something different with it, plus beans for proteins:
http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/jamaican-rice-and-peas

Also learn how to cook risotto if you want to make rice into something special. You can make it a ton of different ways and it always impresses people because they think it's some shit you only get at Gordon Ramsey's place.

Rotate your broccoli with spinach and asparagus. Protip: flavor your spinach with a bit of nutmeg towards the end of the cooking process.

As for the chicken, just replace it with fish once or twice a week. I recommend catfish, as it's tasty and hard to fuck up, plus guaranteed to be sustainably harvested. There's also salmon, tuna, cod, shrimp, crab, smelts, sardines. Shit, there's seafood for every budget.
>>
>>38760234
it's literally this easy
>think of something you want to eat
>google the name
>find a recipe online with a bunch of positive reviews
I use allrecipes, it's pretty good
>do what the words say
cooking is ridiculously easy, op. just don't overthink it
>>
File: 828rLn1.gif (421KB, 300x216px) Image search: [Google]
828rLn1.gif
421KB, 300x216px
>>38760234
http://imgur.com/account/favorites/KYMOu
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.