[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /fit/ consume 5-6 meals per day? Trying to reduce body

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (70KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 600x700px
How does /fit/ consume 5-6 meals per day? Trying to reduce body fat.

I work an 8 to 5 job and can only manage to eat 4 meals. Are there any nutritious snacks that are considered a small meal which I can consume on the go.
>>
>>38754477

>4034 / 2 - 1
>falling for the 5+ meals a day meme
>>
>>38754493
Don't consume excess calories and I'm at the gym 6 or 7 days a week. Do a lot of cardio and weight training.

Only lightly toned and want to further reduce body fat.
Factors affecting my body fat are
Water consumption
Outdoor temperature
And meal sizes
>>
>>38754551

No, factors affecting your body fat are:

1) Caloric consumption

That's it. You might think you're not consuming excess calories but if you're not dropping weight you've miscalculated your TDEE or underestimate your daily consumption.

Meal timings and frequency make no difference - look at the multiple success stories with intermittent fasting.
>>
>>38754477
What kind of lifts are you doing and what kind of cardio? If you're doing 30 min on a treadmill you'll never see any results like if you jump rope or punching bag.
>>
File: 1473582604590.jpg (100KB, 830x1221px) Image search: [Google]
1473582604590.jpg
100KB, 830x1221px
>>38754551
>doing cardio
Yeah, if you want to lose all your muscle.
>>38754477
Just consume high protein meals, cut calorie intake by 500kcal a day, lift heavy weights in order to maintain strenght.
>>
>>38754934

You don't lose muscle by doing cardio. Genuinely the worst of the broscience memes out there. You literally just have to eat a bit more to compensate if you're bulking.
>>
File: stop.gif (4MB, 352x200px) Image search: [Google]
stop.gif
4MB, 352x200px
>>38754947
It's not a meme, when cardio is fucking up your lifts, especially when you are cutting. Doing cardio while cutting is the biggest meme of them all..
>>
>>38754978

I'll just quote directly from the sticky:

"But what about cardio? Cardio is good for everyone because it improves your overall endurance and ability to exert yourself over an extended period. It promotes cardiovascular health and contributes to increased bone density. Additionally, it pretty much makes everything else function better: cardio helps stabilize hormone levels (increasing testosterone and increasing insulin sensitivity), improves endurance and recovery, helps the body fuel calories away from the fat cells and into the muscle, helps with weight maintenance/preventing the "yo-yo effect", generally keeps you healthy, and finally burns calories.

Cardio is neither required for burning fat, nor prohibited when building muscle - that's just an excuse by lazy people. All in all, resistance training is more important for looking pretty (yes, even for girls and pretty boys), but for general health, cardio is essential. Oh, and doing cardio in a fasted state provides no benefit, contrary to popular belief."
>>
>>38754567
>>38754914
>>38754934
Thanks /fit/

I've been misinformed.
>>
>>38754477
I literally only eat 1-2 huge meals when cutting.
Great for energy, time management and self control.
>>
>>38755503
this desu, i lost 15lbs of fat and only like a tiny bit of strength doing daily intermittent fasting (big meal at 1 o'clock, big meal at 4 o'clock) didn't really get that hungry for the whole ten weeks
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.