[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When to stop SS or SL?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Going to do these programs until my strength is built up and then switch to a bodybuilding rountine.

How much should I be able to squat, bench, deadlift etc before I can move to a bodybuilding routine?

I'm 80kg and 184cm tall.
>>
I have read that its 1 plate overhead press, 2 plates bench, 3 plates squat, and 4 plates deadlift.
>>
>>38753146
When you can't get stronger anymore.
>>
>>38753146
When your lifts are basically at an 'intermediate' level. go to symmetricstrength.com to figure this out for yourself because every body is different.
>>
>>38753398
>>38753377
>>38753368
All of these are correct. You stop it when you you can't progress anymore, and thats usually because you can't recover, ruling out adequate sleep and enough food.

You can get off the ride whenever you want to OP. its up to you
>>
>>38753431
Actually only my post >>38753377 is correct, the other are arbitrary nonsense.
>>
File: 1461715891923.jpg (40KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1461715891923.jpg
40KB, 499x499px
>>38753458
>>
>>38753146
Start working towards your goal.
Is your goal to be very strong? Go ahead and use your 5x5 program.
Is your goal to build/shape your body a certain way? If so, 5x5 is probably not the most efficient program.

Figure out a good program that will help you reach that goal.

SS and SL are a great for beginners, but they are not made for bodybuilders.
As a bodybuilder, use the 5x5 programs to gain the knowledge you need to make gains in the gym.
Don't focus on how many plates you can squat, strength doesn't matter to you.
>>
I started lifting at 16 and never really took it that seriously+long limbs so i am still on stronglifts at 24. 8 years in, maybe ill change it up once i get to intermediate lifts
>>
you change when linear progression halts. please read practical programming, absolutely do not stop when you reach a certain number, or feel you should stay on it until you do.

>>38754999
this autist is an idiot and a perfect example of what will happen to you if you don't. you'll be 8 years lifting with pathetic lifts and not make any progress. honestly if I'd wasted 8 years of my life stalling on SS I would probably consider suicide. most people stop at the 3-9 month mark.
>>
>>38753377
On my correct answer in thread.
>>38753146
Stop when you can't make linear progression anymore. If you reach a weight you have to take a deload on three times its time to move on.
>>
>>38753146
RIght now.
Do Greyskull instead unless you wanna look like a pear
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.