[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else /ymca/ here? It's cheap and comfy asfuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: ymca-logo-social.png (15KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ymca-logo-social.png
15KB, 1500x1500px
Who else /ymca/ here?

It's cheap and comfy asfuck
>>
Me too. Old people everywhere, the occasional qt. Lots of fit milfs to motivate lifts
>>
>cheap

nigga it's $56/month where I live

agree about the comfy though, mostly old people so the cages are always free
>>
here

got all the weight I need plus a pool and a sauna
>>
File: 27.jpg (193KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
193KB, 600x739px
I worked at the ymca's child care thing when I was in high school. I quit after a kid with downs shit all over the floor. This kid was 10 years old and i had to restrain him from eating his own shit while the person working with me picked it up, and then as soon as I let him go he figured he would do the next best thing. This boy got down on all fours, looked up at me with the biggest smile ever, and just went to town licking the tile that we had just picked the shit up off of. He had a literal shit-eating grin.

I still have nightmares.
>>
>>38751312
You can't make this shit up
>>
YMCA is comfier than my uni's gym.
>>
>Work part time in the weight room
>Part time as in 5 hours a week
>Free membership
>Never crowded
>Literally get paid to lift
5/5 bretty gud
>>
>>38751267
I think its like $140 for a family pass here in Seattle so a little less than $50 a month for me. But they have a nice hiking trail sharing the same parking lot so its worth.

Feels good being among the strongest there when I'm basically a lanklet
>>
>>38751312
So hard to believe you.
>>
>>38751399
>50 bucks a month
>cheap
That shit better have plenty of power racks, oly platforms, a basketball court, maybe a pool
>>
>>38751211
Comfy, yes. Cheap? Fuck no.

My first year lifting I was spending $41 a month to share freeweights with kids from inner-city Buffalo. The nogs there used to act like fucking animals.
>>
>>38751424
2 full sized basketball courts, swimming pool but only 2 power racks and no oly platforms. They justify it by saying for the price you get to use any YMCA facility in the area (11 or so) which has even less weights/cages but even more cardio machines. Like others said no one really uses them tho unlike at university gyms.
>>
File: 1471365610171.jpg (431KB, 1144x2154px) Image search: [Google]
1471365610171.jpg
431KB, 1144x2154px
I stay away from the hot tub at my local YMCA, lots of old people, heat must relax their bowels, second time I was in one, an old dude got in, the. A little while later he got out with shit dripping down is leg and his suit netting was holding a turd and stretching out from the clothing part, like a turd basket. I promptly got out, showered, went home, and showered again. Never hot tubed again since that.
>>
what is the YMCA exactly?
>>
>>38751555
Young men's Christian association
>>
>>38751424
$27 here
>>
>>38751211
Not cheap senpai. Nearly 60 a month where I'm at. On a family membership.
Good equipment draw. Plenty of bars, 4 racks, and even an Olympic platform.
My only real problem is that none of the pull up bars is just a simple fucking straight bar. Every one is one of those split bars or multiple grip hammer strength stations.
>>
>>38751611
The only pro to those grips is that they're thick so you get sick forearm gains
>>
>>38751211
I work at a Y in Manhattan as a lifeguard. It's fucking 90 dollars a month. Vast majority of patrons are old people, although 1 time there was a super qt training for the coast Guard test and I asked her out and she said yes and that's the story of how I got my 2nd irl gf
>>
>Go to YMCA Pennoch in Rockford
<7th largest YMCA branch
The weight room downtown is pretty nice, but the Y as a whole is full of ghetto niggers. Cars and phones being stolen is pretty common.
>>
File: ymca.png (186KB, 783x498px) Image search: [Google]
ymca.png
186KB, 783x498px
>>38751555

This video should answer your question

https://youtu.be/CS9OO0S5w2k
>>
>>38751211
The y in my town is the best gym in town...which is sad as fuck. Honestly the best thing about it is that it opens at 5 am and since Its the best gym around that's where the mayor, police and fire chief, and other important people in town go at that time. It's been great for networking
>>
>>38751930
>irl gf

Nigger wat
>>
The Y is 2 blocks from my house so I go there most often. My other gym is way more better but a 15 minute drive. First world problems.
>>
My Y is a mixed bag. On the plus side, the weight room is almost always empty so I can do whatever retarded workouts I wish, but a negative is that the walls are too damn thick to pick up a network signal on my phone, and their wifi is spotty as shit. It's only a partial negative though; The signal picks back up near the treadmills so I can use it for cardio, where it's a good bit more useful to me. I can lift without music, but running on a treadmill without it is shit. As far as who goes, it's your typical crowd of urban youths and old people.
>>
File: 1470578963982.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1470578963982.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
>tfw only one squat rack that's almost always in use
>>
>>38751414

Work with children, especially special needs, and its really not an impossibility.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.