[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/QTDDTOT/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 41

File: image.jpg (119KB, 546x756px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 546x756px
Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Grandmaster gains edition
>>
Prev >>38739842

Question: how to consume pre workout / caffeine in afternoon and still sleep at night?
>>
>>38749805
Yes and don't act like a "nice guy"
>>
File: otter.jpg (37KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
otter.jpg
37KB, 500x334px
how ottery can I get with doing
20 pullups
100 pushups
200 situps
and 30 mins run

3x a week
>>
Reposting from the end of last thread for more opinions:
Started wearing my Chucks outside of the gym, then realized I now need new dedicated gym-shoes. Should I just get more Chuck Taylors or go for something dedicated for weightlifting? Does it even matter?
Similarly, any real difference between mens and womens versions of the same weightlifting shoes? For instance, I see male and female Powerlifts. I know in normal shoes girls can often get away with wearing guys' shoes. Does that work in this case? Does it go both ways? Bisexual shoes?
>>
>>38749857
Combine with healthy eating and you'll be in better shape than the majority of the population.
>>
File: Molly and Kitty 2.jpg (3MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
Molly and Kitty 2.jpg
3MB, 2656x1494px
Prev. question from end of last thread:

How long can I keep up linear progression?
This summer I started really focusing on leg strength because before I hardly worked legs and became top heavy in terms of strength. I started with 5x5 1pl8 squat and 2pl8 deadlift after, three times a week. First I increased the weight by 10 lbs each gym session until I reached 2pl8 for squats and 3pl8 for deadlifts (not that I couldn't do these before, but to help get form down). Since then I've been increasing weight by 5lbs each session, most recently did 5x5 of 285 lbs on squat and 1x5 of 375 on deadlift.

When do you guys think I won't be able to continue with such progression?

>pic unrelated, my 14 year old border collie that I had to put down last week. rest in piece, my sweetie
>>
>>38749677
>When do you guys think I won't be able to continue with such progression?
Basically, when you're sure that everything about your routine is in-check, but you're so exhausted between squat/deadlift days that you hit a plateau for weeks.

The essence of most intermediate routines is just alternating between heavy/light squat days. Bench is usually a non-issue, since its recovery is independent from squat/deadlift and is easy to mix up without impacting everything else.

But so long as you're successfully adding 5/5/2.5 lb per week, whatever you're doing is probably fine.
>>
>>38749865
re-posting my answer in case you didn't see it.

I recommend adidas powerlift shoes, you can get them under $100 if you look carefully, great for squats and work fine for everything else apart from deadlifts. For deadlifts I got deadlift slippers (dirt cheap on amazon).
>>
>>38749894
okey dokey, just making sure thanks anon
>>
>>38749897
Any difference between the powerlift versions (v2 vs v3)
>>
i just fapped to some gorgeous titties and now i'm very relaxed and now i can't go to the barber because they've just closed.

how do i not cum so fast
>>
File: 01pectus.jpg (142KB, 1700x720px) Image search: [Google]
01pectus.jpg
142KB, 1700x720px
skelly who started lifting here
I have pectus and I think it looks like shit
should I even train chest? I don't want it to look like boobies. I think it already got worse...can I ever get aesthetic?
no $$ for surgery.
looks different depending on the light
>>
>>38749880
Nice doggo
>>
>>38749975
Use a comma or a period to break up your sentence.
>>
How do I fix horrible imbalances in my upper body due to fapping with one hand 1-3times a day for 8-9 years?

Already switched hands to try and even it out, but need some exercises to catch up
>>
Does cutting lower T-levels?
been cutting for 5 months(fucked up some days so its prob maintenance at the end of the week= slowly and lost 4kg so far

want to have blood exams soon, will my test be lower due to this?
>>
>>38750011
Proceed as normal. Get a surgery if it affects your health. You'll get over self esteem issues.
>>
>>38750029
Bait or stop being retarded.
>>
>>38750011
Can you use your chest hole as a cereal bowl?
>>
>>38749943
Dunno, I have v2 and love them, helps me with squats in particular since my mobility is shit. Dunno about v3, never used them.

>>38750014
Thanks. She was a great dog, but she had a tumor in her neck and it was growing fast.

>drive back home from college for 2 days
>spend one last night with her sleeping at the foot of my bed
>she wants to be outside in the morning before the vet arrives
>she watched me dig her grave
>later I carried her limp body over to bury her
Really sad day

She used to be a /fit/ pup, great swimmer and would carry big tree branches all the way out of the woods.
>>
>>38750011
I have pectus also, mines worse then yours too. I notice for the first couple months that my pectus actually looks worse because my pecs were getting larger so it made the crater look deeper. But since I've basically given all hope of an aesthetic chest I said fuck it and kept on lifting. Now I've notice that my crater is actually becoming less deep, as if my pecs are slowly pushing the hole out(basically what the surgery does). It's really incouraged me to push my chest harder. I've only been lifting since march and was super skelly before but there's hope for us friend.
>>
>>38749767

First off, how do acquire Fischer mode?

Second, how do you guys feel about keto?
>>
>>38750105
>First off, how do acquire Fischer mode?
Castling 5xF
>>
My hips sway to the right when doing squats.

How to fix?
>>
What's the best weightlifting belt to start out with?
>>
I work crazy hours at Chinese takeout place, and the only other eateries within walking distance is a subway, McDonald's, and a Little Caesar's. What can i do to eat clean? I have very little time for meal prep, and most of it is around midnight when my family is sleeping.
>>
>>38750143

Try stretching your hip flexors, piriformis, and do some adductor isolation exercises on the side the hip slides away from
>>
My feet are uneven, like klokov

left one stays more in front than the right one, it also points forward while my right one points outwards

it's like this, P being left feet and p the right: P_p

it makes my squats uncomfy, end up with a knee higher than the other most of the times

is this shit fixable?
>>
Best lactose free protein powder?
>>
>>38749767
Is reaching 1/2/3/4 plates achievable on SL? Also is 1/2/3/4 a 5 rep goal or a 1 rep goal?
>>
>>38750011

Learn to use a camera, it cannot possibly only have the two settings 'The Simpsons' or 'Corpse'.
>>
>>38750220
Yes; doesn't matter. Make 2/3/4/5 your 10 rep goal if you want.
>>
whats the name of the lift where you give your back to the cable machine, and with a straight bar you grab it shoulder witdh and push up until arms are at a 90degree angle?
its a shoulders exercise, one is with overhand grip other underhand

some big guy said I was lacking some spots in my shoulders and that I should do that to fix it, and also to bench way more
>>
>>38750166
Cook quietly.
>>
>>38750348
Are you talking about barbell front raise on a cable machine?
>>
File: 1470405963265.jpg (342KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1470405963265.jpg
342KB, 2048x1536px
i workout 4 times a week, should i use creatine and beta alanine every day (3g) or only before/after workout (5g)?
>>
Are any sports good for building muscle?
>>
>>38749767
I started exercising this week by adding PUs. I'm currently doing 6 sets of 10 with 7 regular push ups 3 knee pu's since I'm at low muscle. I started 5 - 5 with a 2 min break within set, now at 7-3 with a 1 minute break. Eventually cutting the sets down redistributing the pushs around until I get to The eventual goal of 3x20.

I was told to "just pu until exhaustion" but I did less with no burn and eventually couldn't do more than one.

Am I right or were they?
>>
>>38749857
that's memey as hell
>>
File: 1456665108289.jpg (250KB, 1024x708px) Image search: [Google]
1456665108289.jpg
250KB, 1024x708px
will ab rolling on my knees give me decent abs when I get to cut?

Currently bulking with BBB 531 with ab-roller as an accesory, 5x8-10 two times a week, Im starting to get strong enough to hold a 15 kg plate on my back while doing these
>>
>>38750803
well you're making progress as you are doing so keep it up
>>
File: 1471808043824.jpg (72KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1471808043824.jpg
72KB, 500x667px
Ever since I started working out 8 months ago my back started making sounds when I retract my scapula. Just the typical cracking sounds you'd hear when you crack joints. There's no pain and it just feels like a good stretch but I'd like to know why this started happening. Am I getting stiff from bench or something? Is this a sign I need to be stretching more or working my back more?
>>
Just started lifting, how long will it take to see some gains?
>>
>>38751053
10 years
>>
>>38751053
bait?

depends on your diet, routine, consistency and many other factors
>>
20 yr old virgin here.
Girl wants to netflix and chill tuesday and i need tips to have peak performance.
How do i not bust in three pumps?

For a while my boners have been like 70% i need it at 100% how do I fix it?

Also any tips brahs?
>>
>>38751098
dont touch your dick from here to tuesday
>>
When trying to go heavier with front squats, I feel that my upper back is giving out first and rounding. Would rack holds be a good assistance for this? If so, how would I program them in? I currently squat mon/fri and dl on wed
>>
I want to start going to the gym because I'm too skinny, I'm not comfortable with that and makes finding clothes hard, but I have mixed feelings about it, on one hand I think maybe my awkwardness, anxiety and aloofness might make it hard for me to keep it once I'm there. And on the other hand I believe that I might be overthinking this and using those as an excuse to not go and that I should not think that much about it and just jump into it. What do you think?
>>
>>38751098
For nut busting endurance, jack off multiple times a day, especially the day of sex. For benis strength, do kegels.
>>
What formula will get my macro ratio dialed in? Should look at just carbs or net carbs? And if I get my macro ratio using Lyle McDonald's formula do I also need to follow the program in UD 2.0
>>
How much creative should I began taking? Do I need to be worried about BCAA's other than what's in my protein?
>>
>>38751116
You will always be too skinny. Even when you pack on muscle, you'll look in the mirror and think, damn if only i could gain a bit more muscle. Put on some on your favorite music and be in your world. Yes people might notice you are skinny, but no one will give a shit. A lot of the big guys there very likely started out in a situation similar to yours.
>>
>>38751098
Cardio and abdominal workouts

I've had the best sex when i started doing sprints
>>
>>38751115

The rack holds sound like a good idea. Are you doing your squatting the day after back day? If so, that's gonna hurt your front squat performance. If not, incorporate front holds into your back workout. Just warm up to the weight you normally squat with and hold it for time. Do like 3 sets of this.

>>38751116

Don't give a shit what other people think. Wear what you want and lift hard.
>>
>>38751257
as long as you're not hogging equipment doing stupid things, I wont give a shit if you wanna wear a tutu

stupid things include curls in the squat rack, quarter rom squatting, and hogging the 45's in the sled to move your legs 10 cm
>>
Any one here used to smoke? One of the biggest health obstacles I face are cigarettes. For those used-to-be smokers, what was the easiest way for you to quit?
>>
>>38751516
I used to smoke. I just quit cold turkey. If you can make it 3 days you are good. Just stay busy during those 3 days. You'll probably end up eating a lot more though, so be advised you'll like gain at least 10 pounds.
>>
>>38751116
Just go to the gym, you'll be less of a dork if you do.
>>
>>38751586
Thanks for the warning man, I'll keep that in mind
>>
>>38751516
Realized that I was getting winded after playing with my newborn nephew after a half hour, plus the cost, and obvious damage to my health and how I hated how they were making me feel.

It wasn't impossible, it wasn't painful, it was just fucking annoying more then anything.

I had to completely clean my home and get rid of anything that was even remotely smokeable.
Cleaned up all of the ashes that had the strong cig smell and aired my home and clothes out for days to get rid of the smell of smoke.

My trusty pipe, my rolling papers that still full bag of citrus infused lemon and orange flavered tobacco and foot long party cigs I rolled. I just threw it all in the trash or gave it away.

The cravings were easily replaced with sugar and junk and hard as fuck workouts and sex/jacking off.

You might put on a few pounds because your metabolism is going to drop, test levels will lower a bit, and you'll eat more and probably replace cigs with food or drink of somekind.

But after the cravings are gone you'll be able to have a normal appetite because the cravings won't be replaced with mindless eating and drinking. And you'll be able to smell and taste things again plus the added energy will allow you to move your ass more and burn more energty.
>>
>>38751657
Thank you for the positive response. It's always refreshing seeing people come on top of this addiction
>>
File: images (6).jpg (21KB, 379x388px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
21KB, 379x388px
What % of my low bar squat should i be able to high bar and front squat if i have never done them before?
>>
Started lifting three days ago. Some simple hammer and concentration curls to see what I was working with. Got too excited and I think I have what the health experts call Tendonitis? My lower biceps near the elbow joint hurt like a motherfucker to bend beyond a 75 degree angle.

Does this heal? And if so, how long until I can start lifting again?
>>
>>38751769

Could just be severe DOMS if you're a total noob to lifting and went overboard. Either way, take an NSAID (advil) and rest your arms for a few days. Also massage the shit out of any surrounding muscles to your elbow.
>>
File: 1470974043165.jpg (624KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470974043165.jpg
624KB, 1280x960px
I can lowbar squat 405 lbs to parallel, but my legs are still skinny. Should I switch to High Bar squats to develop my quads more? How do I get big quads? I thought squats were good enough for legs.
>>
How do I remove the rancid smell of protein from my blender? I gotta get a new one huh.
>>
>>38749767

>grandmaster gains

fucking love it
>>
Can someone explain cutting/bulking to me and when you should do either?
>>
>>38752006
y'know anon, there's a great place you can learn about them!

IN THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>38751992
have you washed it?
>>
>>38752070

Yeah I left it overnight with soap in it too, seems like it's permanent.
>>
>>38752079

Try baking soda
>>
>>38750105
also wanna know thoughts on keto. trying it out and getting v good results, but I've see people get roasted in the past for bringing it up.
>>
>>38752079
the fact you soaked it overnight proves you let the shit cake on in the first place.

The lesson is do your damn dishes, don't leave them for tomorrow.

>>38752090
keto is fine, particularly good for fatties since it cannibalizes everything so fast.
>>
>>38751955
Zoe?
>>
>>38752085

I'll try that, thanks.

>>38752095

I always wash it after I'm done drinking, but after continual use it seems that the smell stuck, it's not really much of a big deal right now since I just chug it down but I feel like it'll get worse.
>>
>>38751704
Just work up from the bar until it feels right, it will take less than five minutes
>>
I'm on day five of no-fap and I find that I have to piss every hour is correlated?
>>
File: image.png (355KB, 636x708px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
355KB, 636x708px
>Monday, Tuesday, Thuraday, Friday is hypertrophy and strength training
>Wednesday and Sunday are HIIT days and mental gain days
>Saturday is spiritual gain days.

Why does my routine make me feel empty on the inside? When does self improvement start producing a self image that gratifies myself? I only feel like being alone while i slowly turn insane.
>>
when bulking is it important to count macros or do you just eat TDEE+500 and getting enough protein
is it same for cutting?
>>
>>38752453

Macros aren't so important as long as you hit ~0.8 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight.
>>
File: XujHL.gif (504KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
XujHL.gif
504KB, 320x240px
My routine
>>day 1: upper body and cardio
>>day 2: legs and cardio
>>day 3: back and cardio

What do you guys think of this?
Anyway to improve and gain muscle/lose fat?
>>
>>38752566

Looks good to me.

G flux is a theory that higher exercise levels, even with eating at maintenance as a control factor, will lead to a lower BF%. It makes sense to me, although it goes against "calories in/calories out" to a small extent. Overall I think CinCout is a good lesson for people looking to lose or gain weight, but I don't think it tells the whole story.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/g-flux-redux
>>
What's the name of that /fit/ manga with the azn qt who takes a blonde unfit qt to the gym and teaches her about lifts/stretching etc?
>>
>>38752709
boku no keto
>>
I found some protein powder that my brother bought a couple months ago that he almost never used. The brand is called Precision Engineered and its called Syntha Phase. Is it any good?

Could a fatfag that is counting calories and doing cardio use it for a meal replacement or something?
>>
When I squat, do I high bar squat or low bar squat?
One video I saw said some stuff about how low bar uses the exact same movement as a deadlift and it is a repetitive movement.
Wouldn't I fuck up my knees when I high bar it, though?
>>
Is eating McDoubles after lifting a sin?
I mean, theoretically as long as one work out enough, the hamburger is harmless with decent protein.
But still, would eating McD's fuck over my hormones or cause some bullshit health conditions with it's chemical laced beef?
>>
>>38752857
the preservatives in McDonalds meat is greatly overexaggerated. Sure, it's not fresh meat, but it's not gonna fuck anymore than eating any other sort of burger will. Maybe higher in sodium.

As long as you're not doing it multiple times a week you'll be fine.
>>
>>38749786
Either build up a tolerance to caffeine = less effective. Or have a source of nicotine to counteract the caffeine later on.

If you were real serious I guess nicotine gum?
There is a shitload of caffeine in pre workouts.
>>
>>38751116
you've got to jump in like jumping into a pool - go all the way; that is, workout everyday and don't half ass your lifts and diet.
>>
>>38749767
bobby had some serious jaw aesthetics
>>
>>38751123
this is stupid advice for someone who cant even get erect. my advice is that you guys should rotate hips and take deep breaths during sex to get blood moving around. also, wiggle your foot when the girls going to work on you; that's when your blood's concentrating round the groin and not throughout the body.
>>
Is it bad that my back hurts a lot when I'm standing for a really long amount of time? I could walk for an hour and be fine, but standing still for an hour and I feel fucked.
>>
>>38750215
Sometimes I use Garden of Life Organic veg. protein powder. And only drink the chocolate flavored (the unflavored doesn't contain stevia and it tastes horrible). There's also beef isolate protein powders like Carnivor and IsoPrime. But read some reviews before deciding to buy: http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/bodybuilding/carnivor.html
>>
Does weightlifting not burn calories? Why does myfitnesspal only count cardio as calories burned?
>>
I got pretty fat legs but a lean upper body. I'm trying to put on weight on my upper body while losing the fat on my legs.

Realistically, what diet should I be going with? A 500 cal bulk or a 500 cut? I'm currently 175 and 6 foot tall
>>
>>38753128

If you aren't happy with the BF% of your legs, you will have to lose overall body fat, so do a cut.
>>
>>38749880
Hey man, had to put down my border collie earlier this year.

She made it to 14 as well. Stay strong brother, I'd say it gets easier but I still miss her every day. She was more important to me than I realized.
>>
>>38753106
1. Don't use MyFitnessPal as a source of calories burned. It's highly inaccurate and it's nigh-impossible to accurately measure calories burned without being hooked up to a observance machine.

2. Weightlifting burns calories.

3. Don't worry about calories burned by exercise. If you're cutting, just worry about getting that deficit, regardless of exercise. If you're bulking, adjust calories to make sure you're gaining a pound every week.
>>
>>38753173
Allright thanks bro, fuck that means I can only eat like ~150 calories today and I haven't even had dinner
>>
>>38753185
Stats? What is your TDEE and how large is your deficit?
>>
Will drinking broth break my fast?
>>
>>38752840
alan thrall has a good video explaining the differences
low bar is generally easier, especially if you dont have the ankle mobility to high bar
>>
>>38753195
5" 8', 63.5kg. MFP calculated it at 1200 calories. Just cutting for a little while til I leave skinny fat and become skeleton
>>
What are some good protein powders and pre-workouts?
is taking a pre-workout worth it or no?
>>
>>38753106
https://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

15 minutes of actively lifting heavy burns around 100 calories. Repeat: 15 minutes of actually actively lifting heavy weight.
>>
>>38753197
Does it have calories or fat?
>>
>>38753224
Try not to use MFP for anything besides logging food, that's really its onlly forte.
>>
Can I eat 90% of my protein intake at dinner?
Or is it advantageous to have a good amount of protein at every meal?
>>
>>38753407
40kcal/Liter
3g fat/Liter
1g sugar/Liter
4g protein/Liter
>>
File: Treaty of Versai inspired many.jpg (44KB, 238x400px) Image search: [Google]
Treaty of Versai inspired many.jpg
44KB, 238x400px
Starting a bulk in October, I'm 5'10" 150lbs, dyel by /fit/ standards but I play sports with friends and do calisthenics, so I'm moderately athletic.

Think I'm going to be doing SL + accessories, but I hate barbell rows, I feel like they're never effective.

Would weighted pulls/chins be a sufficient replacement?
>>
>>38753531
Yes
>>
>>38753531

Yeah that would work.
>>
>>38753537>>38753539

Great, thank you. Last thread I didn't get a straight answer.

In general, is that a good routine to do while bulking? My goal is really to tack on mass, and I'll probably do most of the accessories at 3x8. I'd like to get up to ~175 by my June birthday and then cut. Is this feasible?
>>
I'm total skelly mode, 6'1" and 130 lbs. I've been lifting for about 3 weeks now, and I'm around 133 lbs.

My question is, is it too early to be seeing results? I've been noticing I look a little bigger but I don't know if that's just placebo or if my gainzz are showing up a little early because I have like no body fat. My lifts have all gone up by around 20 lbs., feels good man.
>>
>>38753568
I'm assuming you're bulking as well?

Visible results don't show up for a bit, give it at-least 2 months. Maybe longer for results that others notice.
>>
>>38753594

yeah. i haven't been too rigorous about the bulk because i hate feeling overfull, but I've been getting a shit ton of protein every day and I am eating a lot more than I used to.

See, that's what I've heard about the results but I swear I look at least a bit bigger in the mirror. Maybe I'm just carrying myself better.
>>
I've been doing keto with some success but its kind of locking me out of social gatherings because the nature of sugar and such. Is keto worth doing over a regular deficit or is it just a meme?
>>
I started Bill Stars 5x5, previously I was doing a split for four months. Is it any good in the long run?
>>
File: 1468719844289.jpg (131KB, 600x504px) Image search: [Google]
1468719844289.jpg
131KB, 600x504px
I'm 260lbs and doing pull ups with proper form is impossible because I'm not strong enough. Should I use the assisted pull up machine? You can change the resistance on it. I don't wanna look like a fag tho what do?
>>
File: Resized_20160917_184048-1.jpg (85KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
Resized_20160917_184048-1.jpg
85KB, 800x522px
Anyone know what kind of shoes these are?
>>
>>38753645
if you actually want to look good you need to be bulking. Beginner gains will come but you're gonna plateau fast. Take advantage of this and start bulking.
>>
>>38753693
Do it. Who gives a fuck what other people think. You're trying to lose weight and thats all that matters
>>
>>38753693
You're a fucking fatass, you look just as bad if not worse a fag so stop trying to kid yourself.
>>
>>38753695

fugggg :/

any advice other than just shovel it in? should i dirdy bulg or can i stick with chicken/brown rice/broccoli/yams/egg whites/brotein powder
>>
>>38753682
have some control, don't let it stop you from being social. Just be verbal that your diet doesn't let you eat certain things.

>>38753693
Just lose weight for now. Not even strong folk can do pull ups at 260 pounds.
>>
>>38753693

I have never and will never look at someone doing something in the gym that isn't dangerous or disrespectful and judge them. So to answer your question no one cares just use the assist.
>>
>>38753694
Pumas.
>>
>>38753705
Chrissakes man, there's an entire sticky with a dinosaur and everything.

Don't do a dirty bulk. And so we'll save you time (because literally every hungry skeleton fucks this up at some point) you want to be gaining a pound per week. Find your TDEE and add 500 calories to it. After 2 weeks if you aren't gaining roughly a pound each week, add 150 calories to the mix. Repeat until steadily gaining 1lb/week. You'll need to recalculate every 15-20 pounds.

Make sure you're getting 0.8g of protein per pound of body weight.
>>
>>38753722

well i mean i HAVE been gaining a pound a week

by "not rigorous" i mean i'm not counting every last calorie but i'm getting around 3k/day, which is way way up from what i used to eat

it's not that i'm not bulking at all
>>
>>38753730
if you're gaining a pound per week then you're doing fine, as long as you're eating enough protein.
>>
File: 1434776281630.png (376KB, 900x702px) Image search: [Google]
1434776281630.png
376KB, 900x702px
>>38753716
Sick thanks
>>
>>38753734

alright thanks for the help my man
>>
>>38753711
Fuck it you're right, I only see dudes in there anyway and I doubt they give a fuck about I'm doing
>>
>>38753756

one of the best lessons the gym taught me is that no one cares what you do

i used to be the kind of guy who would have to pull out his phone and pretend to get a text if i was going the wrong way

just last week i knocked over some loud shit in public (didn't see it) and people looked over. i just waved, went "my bad!" and put it back like it was. didn't feel an ounce of embarrassment. everyone went about their business.
>>
>>38750256
underrated toast
>>
File: delete.jpg (38KB, 724x969px) Image search: [Google]
delete.jpg
38KB, 724x969px
5'10; 178lbs; I got my lifts to 4/3/2/1; When do I actually start looking like I lift? Switching to four-day-Brosplit after this last block of Juggernaut Method for them aesthetics.
>>
>>38753901
what is this 1/2/3/4 shit I see all the time?
>>
>>38751955
It's probably a genetic thing but given how developed your lowbar squat is I'm surprised you haven't already included the highbar squat into your routine. I saw my quad size and shape change dramatically after working my highbar; I would also suggest adding GHRs and Lunges into your accessory work for adding size.
>>
>>38753919
1 plate overhead press (135lbs) 2 plate benchpress (225lbs) 3 plate squat (315lbs) and 4 plate deadlift (405lbs); It's just a random benchmark that recently came into prominence and it works for most physiques generally, though my squat and OHP are stronger than my DL and Bench.
>>
I read a study showing strong results from doing one high-rep set until exhaustion, followed by normal low-rep sets. I wanted to read it again and remember the details. Can anyone help me find it?
>>
>>38750092
F
>>
I'm currently taking 24mg Ephedrine HCL and 200mg Caffeine 3x day, but it's not making any effect on my hunger.

How much can I up the dose of ephedrine to get the appetite suppressant qualities?
>>
I ran 3km in 12m30sec yesterday. How good/bad is that?
>>
File: 1400151970913.png (59KB, 807x800px) Image search: [Google]
1400151970913.png
59KB, 807x800px
>Hurt my left shoulder or something yesterday
>Today bored
>Go to do pull-ups
>Cant
>Left shoulder hurts, when i go to lift my self up it feels like something in my left arm / shoulder is being pulled and hurt s alittle

I'm scared, is it serious /fit/ or does it sound serious? I hope i don't have to take days off.

I did some dislocation exercises and it's not sore, oddly enough.
>>
File: The fuck.jpg (139KB, 685x685px) Image search: [Google]
The fuck.jpg
139KB, 685x685px
I'm pretty DYEL , but my forearms, grip and arm muscularity have always been pretty crazy.
That being said , WTF is wrong with my thumb/hand?
>>
File: calf.jpg (406KB, 2256x1496px) Image search: [Google]
calf.jpg
406KB, 2256x1496px
If I start to feel it in my forearms during calf raises does that mean my forearms are weak as fuck?
>>
>>38754352
**vascularity
>>
Foam rolling before, after or both?
>>
>>38754340
Its a pretty good time. Unless you were 150% knackered & workout over after it, then I'd be proud of that.

If you can keep that pace up for 5 or even 10&15km runs you'll be doing very well
>>
Had to have a loooooooonngg ass break from lifting due to a shoulder injury, just recently started again on a cut cos I got fat as fuck. However, my lifts are higher than ever.
What the fucking fuck is going on /fit/?
>>
File: 1453025264120.gif (778KB, 245x190px) Image search: [Google]
1453025264120.gif
778KB, 245x190px
What's a good routine for a intermediate (1.5 yrs) interested in just looking good?
>>
when someone on here is talking about doing Greyskull LP, are they talking about the weightlifting and the frequency methods described in the book? or simply the schedule of weightlifting routine? I'm trying to get stronger and look nice.
>>
>>38754442
>interested in just looking good?
That depends on your version of "looking good"
Post a pic of your goal body
>>
I'm currently running Phraks greyskull LP and am looking to add an few accessory lifts, but not sure what would be good for what days, would it be better to close-grip bench on days that i bench or on days that i OHP?
>>
File: tumblr_msfgavPZ5g1r0j83bo2_500.jpg (118KB, 500x725px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msfgavPZ5g1r0j83bo2_500.jpg
118KB, 500x725px
>>38754467
Short term goal
>>
File: e114-2.png (691KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
e114-2.png
691KB, 1280x720px
>>38754430
Thank you.I think i could have kept that pace for ~ 4km but nothing more than that. I have a lot of improving to do.
>>
File: EC Stack v2.png (278KB, 918x839px) Image search: [Google]
EC Stack v2.png
278KB, 918x839px
>>38754323
First off, you've worked your way down to eating less before jumping on the stack, right? You just weren't eating 4000 cals/day and expected it to reduce your appetite to zero, of course? Assuming that, I've seen mentioned on forums about some people taking up to 100mg E and 1000mg C. FWIW, I read that the "proper ratio" of E to C is 1:10, hence 20mg E + 200mg C is a typical dose. IANaD, but if I really felt it was important for me to try a higher dose, I would follow the slow progression of the infographic and add a half dose to the morning dose and see how that feels, then work up to 50mg E + 200-400mg C as my starting morning dose.
>>
>>38754491
that's some cardio with pushups and squats mixed in.
your best bet is to take up a sport like rugby or soccer
or go jogging 3x a week for 45 min
after jogging, work on chest every other week and legs every other week
>>
Is there an established routine for barbell only, as in no bench or rack available?
>>
>>38749767

I am a chess fanatic and I never thought I'd see the day when Bobby Fischer shows up on /fit kek
>>
>>38749880
Sorry about your doggo, bro.

As to your question - it varies from person to person. Some people exhaust linear gains in 3 or 4 months, some people it takes as many as 9 or 10. Longer than that is counterproductive. Shorter than that is likely leaving gains on the table.

At the point you're at, I'd drop your squats down to 5x3 (three sets of five) because you don't really need that much volume to spur adaptation at your level of training advancement, and as you get to the level of weight you're using it can even cause you to stall early.

You'll know you're getting close to the end when you struggle/fail to complete Wednesday's workout - at this point you can start doing 80% squats on Weds to let your body recover a bit. You'll know when you're hitting the very end when you struggle to complete even one heavy set of five.

There's a variety of tricks you can use to eke out more linear progress as you feel like you're hitting the end of the line (e.g. reduce workout frequency, reduce to 3x3 or 5x1 with 2 backoff sets) but worry about those when you need to.
>>
What's a good weight for some 3x12 incline DB bench if I want my chest to fill out, without it affecting my bench? I've pretty much never used dumbbells.
I bench around 85kg for reps.
>>
>>38754698

Go lift and find out. There's not going to be any consistent answer to this sort of thing.
>>
File: MountainLion.jpg (76KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MountainLion.jpg
76KB, 800x600px
>>38754541
>5x3 (three sets of five)
>>
>>38750586
i guess thats it
>>
Do I even have to bulk at all if my goal body is like this? Just working out and eating clean should be enough I guess.
>>
I started lifting about 3 weeks ago and since i'm a pussy i have 0 grip strength so when i diddly lmao2pl8 i can feel the bar slipping from my fingers. I don't want to mixed grip until i reach at least 3 pl8 and I don't want to hook grip because I don't want nerve damage and I actually want a strong grip, so what are the best accessories to get a stronger grip?
>>
Since I quit my commute I now have time to go to the gym again. I used to do starting strength routine so I figure I'd build something similar this time:

A:
Deadlifts
OHP
Dips

B:
Squats
???
Chins

C:
Training tailored for cross country skiing

my question is: what would you suggest for the gap in B? I like Hammercurls but I want a more compound exercise.
>>
>>38755118
weighted pullups
>>
sometimes when I go to do exercise Iike a run/pIaying sports etc my caIves seize up and become reaIIy painfuI within minutes of trying to warm up.
I can't understand whats going on, but I feeI it might have something to do with coId weather.
Any ideas?
>>
>>38755157

Seize up as in like cramping?
>>
>>38755183
basicaIIy.
The become very painfuI and depending on how severe it is I either can't run/jog fast or can't run/jog at aII.
>>
>>38755118

Are you using chalk?
>>
>>38749767
How do I optimize my gains at planet fitness.
I only ask because it's the only gym that is inside of an hour long drive.

>no real free weights that aren't dumbbells
>mainly resistance machines and treadmills

pls help
>>
>>38755187

How are you hydrating beforehand and what are you typically eating before running/playing sports?
>>
>>38755118
just do hook grips they dont do shit to you
>>
>>38755205
NearIy aIways I make sure to not eat anything major at Ieast 2 or 3 hours beforehand. What I eat depends.
water usuaIIy, but sometimes gatorade too. I do drink orange juice a Iot though, and I drank a Iot today before I tried to pIay soccer (few hours before) and I got the cramps today. I have a feeIing though part of the reason I got the cramps today was because I got them on Friday night reaIIy badIy trying to pIay capture the fIag at university, I think I didn't stretch enough then first because it was a bit coId.
>>
is this a safe space for me to post youtube videos for form check bros?
>>
>>38755047
yes
>>
>>38755252

You're either not hydrated or your electrolytes are out of whack. Some people are also just susceptible to cramps but it's best to rule this out first.

First off, Gatorade is wildly inadequate for salt. If you look up how much salt is actually in Gatorade, it's a wonder they even get to call it a sports drink.

The night before you play sport, and a couple hours before you play, I want you to drink a bouillon cube (obviously don't get a low salt variety or anything). Get chicken flavour and drop it in hot water, it'll taste like chicken soup. A half litre bottle of gatorade has about 225mg of sodium. A knorr chicken stock/bouillion cube has about 2460mg of sodium. Couple of bananas couldn't hurt either.

Also make sure you're drinking a few litres of water leading up to it. Don't try and hydrate 30 minutes before you play sport, your hydration should start in the morning and continue until you play your sport.

If it's cold, layer up or get some thermals or something.
>>
File: Inhofe-Money-3.png (368KB, 533x535px) Image search: [Google]
Inhofe-Money-3.png
368KB, 533x535px
3x8 Weighted chin ups

3x8 Decline push ups

3x8 Weighted dips

3x16 Squats

What do you think about poorfag's workout and why it sucks?
>>
>>38753497
yes. read this http://www.muscleforlife.com/the-truth-about-protein-absorption-how-often-you-should-eat-protein-to-build-muscle/
>>
File: routine.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
routine.png
47KB, 547x465px
Can i use this as my routine? I'm a fatty beginner eating at calorie deficit.
>>
>>38755324
>Couple of bananas couldn't hurt either.
I had 2 today, both within a few hours and it didn't do anything reaIIy.
>>
What's an ideal bodyfat percentage to stop cutting and start bulking?

I have gone from borderline obese to skinnyfat in ~9 months (5'8", 210lbs to 160 lbs) and the cut is getting harder. I've still got a lot of chub on my gut; I have a body caliper arriving in the mail but I would guess I'm at around 25% bodyfat. Could I conceivably bulk without looking like a fatass, or should I quit being a bitch and get down to 15%
>>
>>38755370

The bananas won't be as big a deal as the bouillon cube. Like I said, night before as well as on the day. There's also some anectodal evidence that BCAA's help a bit with cramping but salt in combination with drinking enough is king.
>>
>>38755397
isn't consuming aII that saIt unheaIthy? Or wiII I use it aII up?
>>
>>38755349

That article kind of ignores muscle protein synthesis and focuses only on absorption rates. You will absorb all the protein in a meal containing more than 3-4g of leucine within about 40g of protein, true, but it will only cause the mTOR pathway to signal muscle protein synthesis once.

The protein refractory period is about 3 hours. After this period, plasma amino acid levels have returned to a level where another meal containing the requisite amount of leucine will again trigger muscle protein synthesis.

So it's not a question of whether one big protein meal will be absorbed, which it will, but one big protein meal only stimulates MPS once, compared to 5 times if you were to eat every 3 hours.
>>
>>38755414

Not unhealthy whatsoever. A lot of electrolytes are lost through sweating anyway.

Excess sodium intake is only a problem in people who don't drink enough water and who don't get enough potassium. As long as you drink enough water and get enough potassium, sodium intake should never be a problem unless you eat handfuls of salt or something.
>>
>>38755466
ok thanks man.
So drink the bouiIIon cube a few hours before pIaying and make sure to stay hydrated throughout the day?
>>
>>38755494

Yup. Read the label and make sure it has at least 2000mg of sodium.
>>
>>38755507
I wiII, thanks heaps man.
If it doesn't work I'II post in another one of these threads, but thanks for the advice.
>>
Conundrum.

My squat is within 15 lbs of my deadlift. I hear this indicates a potential form issue with my squat? I'm curious what I can do to offset this shit.

Currently at 2pl8 exactly on squat. Chest out, air intake when I go down. I go as close to parallel as possible, but it's a little over due to my height and shit. Still feel it engaging the muscle groups it should though.

Also I do deads once per week compared to squats which are.. twice. So I'll be caught up or surpassed in a week or two. Feel like my shit is all fucked up.

Thoughts?
>>
>>38755635

Don't breathe during reps on heavy squats (or other compounds, generally). Breath in, rep, breathe out, repeat.

Squat/deadlift ratios are highly individual and dependent on proportions, previous training, injuries and so on. Some people squat more than they pull, others have a deadlift half-again heavier than their squat.

And some people just squat high, which will inflate the squat number compared to the deadlift.
>>
>>38754361
>>38754352
what the fuck
>>
I have to walk 6-8 miles of hills with a 25lb back pack once a week every week for training. How can I do it with constant 15 minute miles?
>>
File: iLhAJBl.png (71KB, 547x461px) Image search: [Google]
iLhAJBl.png
71KB, 547x461px
I want to add curls,skull-crushers, and pull-ups to my workout (greyskulls).

Where do i add them, and how many sets/reps?
>>
>>38755189
Nope

>>38755206
Maybe for higher weights but i still want to have a strong grip
>>
>>38755660
No shit? Hrm. I'll keep that in mind for my next session.

Thanks babe.
>>
>>38755714

Then use chalk. You can have the strongest grip in the world but still struggle to deadlift if the oil and sweat on your hands is fucking up the friction.

Unlike mixed and hook, double overhand (with chalk) actually does allow you to train your grip harder, since now grip strength is the actual limiting factor, rather than lack of friction.
>>
Can I run lyles GBR with 5x5 for strength gains?
>>
>>38749767
I want fucking LOW body fat %, is it possible without roids or Auschwitz mode?
>>
Im too much of a pussy to do barbell bench press without a spotter, is using dumbbells a good alternative?
>>
Is it okay to only squat and deadlift once every week?
>>
>>38756174
Squats? No.
Deadlifts? Yes.
>>
Someone told me that weighed hip thrusts translate better to sports than squats.
Does this sound logical? Should I believe him?
>>
I have had some minor pain in my right knee on rest days, especially while sitting down. I can squat fine and work on mobility/stretching daily, but it's still there

Should I be worried? The pain is just above the knee, basically where the vastus medialis (teardrop) is
>>
>>38756198

If your sport only involves a lot of creating hip extension whilst lying on the floor, sure it might carry over more.

Thing is, increasing you squat will also make you better at hip thrusts anyway, with the added benefit of making everything else stronger at the same time.
>>
>>38756475
So all in all, the squat is better?
>>
>>38756634

Yeah. Just about every pro athlete squats in some capacity, especially if their sport has a strength or power component.
>>
>>38756656
thanks m8
>>
For those who are bulking, what do you drink alongside your meals?
>>
>>38756700
legit milk or high calorie fruit juice
>>
>>38756700
Water
>>
>>38756198
Do both. The idea is that stronger glutes will help you explode more. That's why wrestlers do lunges to improve the explosiveness of their shot.

But strong hips in general help you explode more so do both.
>>
>>38755369
bumping.
>>
Best yogurt for bulking? Preferably something that tastes good.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 371x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 371x465px
>party last night
>shots, lots of gem clear shots
>made out with qt3.14
>she won't make eye contact when we woke up this morning
>mfw she darts out before I can talk to her
Happens every time I go to a party, fuck man I just want a committed relationship.

It's the last rest day for the week in SS, should I try to lift my feels away?
>>
>>38757240
>happens every time I go to a party
>fuck man I just want a committed relationship

gee I wonder why you're unhappy
>>
>>38757287
>implying this isn't like the 99% of my life that's outside of parties
The most recent event just happened to be at a party
>>
>>38757096

Whatever you like the best. Yogurt isn't particularly high calorie, but I find the regular, non-Greek variety is easier to eat in large amounts.

>>38756142
Yes, dumbbells are a good alternative.
>>
File: 1465141844651.jpg (280KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1465141844651.jpg
280KB, 1280x960px
did I progress on The Press?

last week
5x5x57.5kg

today
5x60kg / 4x60kg / 5x57.5kg / 5x57.5kg / 3x57.5kg

always 6-8 min rest in between
started a cut a few days ago
>>
File: 667008.png (349KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
667008.png
349KB, 3840x2160px
>>38749767
Had to move and don't have a gym in acceptable radius.

What is a good bodyweight/dumbbell routine? Mostly doing it for general health and a little strength (helps in my job).
>>
>>38757973
scoobysworkshop.com
>>
>>38757973

Seconding this. I travel often for work and hotel gyms are lacking in barbells. I tried Google but all I found were gimmicky "get toned now!" tier bullshit.
>>
whats the consensus on Coolcicada's PPL?
>>
What the fuck do I wear while lifting?
>>
>>38757821
why won't anybody answer? this thread is always full of dyels

>>38758067
A brief word about clothing is in order. It is best to squat in a T-shirt, as opposed to a tank top, because T-
shirts cover more skin than tanks do. Skin is slick when sweaty, and slick is not good for keeping the bar in place.
The shirt should be 100% cotton or 50/50 poly/cotton, not all synthetic, because these high-tech materials are
always slick under the bar. Shorts, sweats, or training pants should always be made of stretchy material. This is
very important because if your pants grab your legs, and they will because of the sweat, a non-stretch garment
will restrict the movement of your legs and interfere with your ability to shove your knees out and use your hips.
The same thing is true for shorts that stop right below the knee, even if they are stretchy. Mid-thigh stretchy shorts
or simple gray sweats are the best pants for training. And make sure your pants are pulled up; if the crotch hangs
down in the middle of your thighs, this will interfere with your knee position. Clothing should not affect your
movement in any way and should never, ever make it harder for you to do a thing that is hard already – squat
correctly.
>>
>>38758097
Okay. For a guy just starting out, is cheap stuff like Decathlon acceptable?
>>
>>38757821

Nobody answered because the answer is basically guesswork. Sure, you got 5 reps on the first set with a heavier weight, but at the cost of 2 reps of the same weight down the line. Maybe you progressed, maybe you didn't. Either way, the result isn't particularly different and not worth spending the time to answer.
>>
>>38758127
cuckold
>>
>>38758144
You are everything that is wrong with this board.
>>
I just drank a beer and got a call from a friend to go work out.

Is alcohol before exercise unwise? Should I or should I not work out?
>>
>>38758264
nothing will happen probably
alcohol in geneal is bad, might wanna read this artice: liamrosen.com/fitness.html
work out, because skipping a workout is bad: it sends the wrong message to yourself and makes you skip more in the future
>>
>>38750011
Grow man hair
>>
No matter how much I improve myself, I can never get myself to like, or tolerate those people that laugh (ugly laughs) in public loudly and horse around generally acting like dicks.

Yet they seem to be the popular ones, or at least the ones enjoying all of the things youth has to offer.

Does getting sufficiently ripped allow me to become like this (ie zyzz?), or do I need to do something else?
>>
>>38758264
>>38758303

Seconding this reply.

>>38758336
No, getting /fit/ will not change your personality to that degree. I don't know how to get a "normal" personality so if you find out let me know.
>>
>>38758336
I found sam vaknin on youtube half a year ago, read his book and then diagnosed myself with npd. life is getting better now but somehow lost a bit of color
>>
>>38758303
I don't drink alcohol regularly, only now because it's Sunday evening and Oktoberfest season in Germany. I was planning on a rest day but got a call instead.
>>
File: YeAQ9ul.jpg (26KB, 519x654px) Image search: [Google]
YeAQ9ul.jpg
26KB, 519x654px
What is best for barbell shrugs? High weight low reps or low weight high reps?
>>
>>38752937
>fit
>caffeine and nicotine
*pumped up guy that wastes his life
>>
Is there any difference between name brand multivitamins and cheap generic ones?
>>
>>38758583
It's the same like with name brand foods and name brand medicines.
>>
>>38752937
nicotine is also a stimulant ... if a smoker refers to being relaxed, it's due to the deep slow breathing aspect of taking drags, not the metabolic effect of nicotine
>>
>>38751955
Are you eating enough?
>>
>>38753197
Check Dr. Jason Fung's material. He says you can do broth. Homemade is probably better.
>>
>>38755635
At only 2 plates, it's probably less likely your squat is off and more that your dead is not at it's potential.
How tall are you? Everything else being equal, a tall person has to work more to deadlift a given weight than a short person. Just more distance for the bar to travel. A short person with long arms has the most mechanical advantage to the lift.

What's failing in your deadlift? Grip or back rounding are my 2 issues ... currently grip is what I'm working on.
>>
>>38755763
When my grip fails it's not because of sweat or oil, it's because the weight of the bar like "peels" my fingers out as it tries to roll down to the floor.
Using a narrower stance has helped, as my pinkies and ring fingers aren't at as much of an angle relative to my centerline.
>>
>>38758712
Have you ever used chalk? The bar is less likely to peel your fingers out if you're using it. I can deadlift an extra 15kg with chalk than without.
>>
>>38758712

Everybody's skin produces oil and sweat and if you're not using chalk, this is affecting your grip.

Part of that peeling effect is being exacerbated by less friction. If your hands were slathered in baby oil, you'd feel the same effect, only at much lower weights. The bar is essentially trying to unhook your thumb from your index and middle fingers by rolling, and the more friction, the less the bar is able to do this.

Indoor rock climbers use chalk because any oil/moisture on their hands or the handholds is going to make it a lot harder to hold on.
>>
This probably sounds dumb as hell, but shortly after I started my /fit/ journey my shits have become uncontrolled time bombs.

Be fine one moment, then go from "oh, I could take a shit I guess" to "oh my god it hurts so much it's almost going to burst out if I stop clenching" in the span of one minute.

What the fuck have you done to me /fit/
>>
So I was doing SS as normal today for the last 3 weeks but today between my sets I was watching this guy no bigger than myself deadlift 5.5 plates for what looked like perfect form and I was mirin' like fuck.

I want to get strong and big and I feel like I can add more volume and exercises to my work out so I want to switch my routine to something that has me in the gym for much longer.

Any recommendations for other beginner workout programs?
>>
>>38758950
Do you take ZMA?
>>
>>38755269
yes
>>
>>38758954
Don't do it.
>>
If lmao2pl8 is a heavy deadlift for you, what's a good number of sets/reps to do on lower body day?
>>
>>38758453
How about both? Confuse those muscles, anon.
>>
So a friend and I wanted to go to the gym for the first time. I can't speak for him but as for me. I'm a skinny manlet, like 5.8" and I only weight 60 kg, I got a fat belly and a really fat ass (like seriously fat, kim kardashian level) and everything else is skinny as hell. Which for no surprise looks fucking disgusting and I have enough of it, I want to shape up. Yet I'm not sure if that is the correct way, to just instantly start lifting weights when my condition is so terrible. I can barely do 3 sets of 15 push ups yet jog for longer then 15 minutes. Should I get into better shape first?

Also, is it better to train 3d/week or 5d/week?

Will eating more still be enough if I have a overactive thyroid or should I get to the doctor and get meds against it?
>>
>>38759066

Do deadlifts 1x5 as much weight as you can.

>>38759266

Do SS. If you want, then do cardio a few times a week as well.
>>
Never tried protein powder but looking to buy some now. Is any of that flavored stuff actually tasty or does it still taste like shit?
>>
>>38758950

What's your diet like? Fibre intake? Caffeine intake?

>>38758954

If you feel like you can add more volume and exercises, you haven't been doing SS long enough. It should be pretty brutal by the end.

>>38759309

Where do you live?
>>
redpill me on beta alanin, why should i use it with creatine
>>
I have an issue with deadlifting. The only way I can keep my back straight during the exercise is if my hips start off fairly high. A consequence of this is that I'm primarily using my back to move the weight. After the exercise I feel it only in my back and not in my legs.

When I get into a lower hip starting position I find myself using my glutes/legs more. But this also comes with a rounded back during the exercise (though it isn't painful). After the exercise I feel it mainly in my legs and sometimes slightly in my back.

Which position is better? I'd prefer the second one (where I use my glutes) but I'm wary of a rounded back and the injuries that might come with this. Any help?
>>
>>38758954
If you just started SS stick with it for at least 6 months. If it's too easy you need to add more weight and if you still have a lot left in the tank work on accessories. Weighted chin-ups/dips/curls
>>
>>38749767
all you can eat chineese buffet and coffee, il b jus fine
>>
>>38759386
Second one. But try to elevate the bar, so you can lift with a straight back.

Mobilty for lower body and then with time you can get to a full deadlift.
>>
>>38759320
I live in the US. State is MA. Is that important?
>>
What's the difference between doing 3x8 or more and 5x5 which one to choose and when ?
>>
File: 1456868601512.jpg (185KB, 639x836px) Image search: [Google]
1456868601512.jpg
185KB, 639x836px
http://camilleherron.com/2012/02/15/how-to-foamlacrosse-ball-roll-the-critical-body-parts/

I found this in the sticky, but the page is dead. Does anyone have a good alternative?
>>
>>38759581

MyProtein, cinnamon bun and mint chocolate are both tasty.

>>38759338

Has some decent data showing it can reduce fatigue. Standard dosing is 3x 2g doses split evenly throughout the day.
>>
>>38759604
Doing 5x5 will give you better strength gains but take longer and is more tiring. Since the two options you gave have the same amount of volume, they will give you the same hypertrophy results.
>>
>>38759604

5x5 takes a little while especially if it's on a compound movement like squats where you're going to be rest 5 to 8 minutes. It can also be pretty tough to recover from and it's pretty draining when it gets heavy. Very good gains though if you can sustain it, especially on big compounds.

3x8 is much quicker, more often used for accessory work where you're just trying to get some extra volume in. Not quite as stressful as 5x5.
>>
>>38759684

5x5 is actually higher volume because you have to take into account the increased loads you can use with 5's vs 8's.

Lets say 1rm is 315. That gives you a rough 5rm of 279 and a rough 8rm of 258. Obviously you're not going to be doing your rep max for sets but it's the ratio that's important.

3x8 tonnage: 6192
5x5 tonnage: 6975
>>
>>38759465
I'm progressing well in all the lifts except OHP so I would definitely say it isn't too easy yet I'm just spending like 45min-1hr in the gym 3 days a week so I feel like I can go maybe 4 times a week and throw in an extra exercise or two
>>
>>38759763

It'll take longer than that soon.

Rest times have to go up to about 8 minutes when things start getting close to failing, otherwise you'll never get sets 2 & 3.
>>
>>38752840
Read SS, it goes into the details and pros/cons.
>>
A couple of years ago I got an injury doing lat rises. I stopped lifting for a while, and I've been lifting for 5 months or so now.

I still do OHP and Row a lot, but I keep getting told to add lat rises to my workout.

I mentioned I was concerned about injury, and the gym's trainer told me to just do bitch weight with a lot of reps, 15-20 reps range for 5 sets or so.

Will doing bitch weight in that rep range help me avoid injury?
>>
>>38749786

Benadryl knocks me out well. Buy it generic as allergy med or sleep aids. Main ingredient you want is diphenhydramine HCL.
I take one 30 minutes before bed most nights and I'm out cold ten minutes after laying down.
>>
>>38758961
Nope
>>
>>38759266
Have you read the sticky?

From what you said, you're skinnyfat. You can start building muscle and gain more fat, or cut first and then build muscle. From the description you gave of yourself you probably should cut down to 15% bodyfat then start bulking and lifting.

There are three posts in the sticky. Read the first two.
>>
>>38758954
Have some patience. You're talking about months of steady effort before you start seeing the results you're talking about.

If you're not struggling on 3x5 then you need to add weight. If you're at your 3x5 max but not feeling like you worked out afterward then switch to 3x8 or 5x5.
I was adding 5 lbs each time I deadlifted, but realized last week that I'm well behind my 3x5 max even though I had struggled with 5lb/session in the past.
Last week I added twenty and lifted it no problem. Now I add ten each time I deadlift. Gonna hit that 2pl8 in a couple weeks at this rate.
>>
Is my jawline good?
>>
File: 2016-09-18 21_59_50.png (20KB, 605x384px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-18 21_59_50.png
20KB, 605x384px
Made this lifting schedule thing somewhat based on SS from the sticky.
I want to do more ab/oblique workouts since mine suck hard.

Is it alright to have an alternative if I can't do the normal exercise for whatever reason?
I picked them based on what I could do at the gym. My gym is always fucking packed. And there is a limited amount of everything.
I know I should change, yeah yeah. I can't.

Is it any good?
>>
File: 1474040959103.jpg (19KB, 255x203px) Image search: [Google]
1474040959103.jpg
19KB, 255x203px
>>38749767
Alright /fit/
120lbs womanlet 25.3 bmi here
My apartment has a gym, but only a few bicycles, one tread mill, and some dumbbells going up to 50lbs

I am thinking about joining 24hr fitness that's a few minutes away.
But I have a huge dilemma.

What if I look like a fucking retard trying to figure out how machines work, etc

I can't afford a personal trainer, and don't want to look like a dumb ass.
I've tried looking up women lifting but can't tell if these are just meme workouts.

Do y'all know of any good youtubers, male or female that wont meme me?
>>
>>38761240
is 24hr the actual brand?
I signed up for anytime fitness and it came with a complimentary 3 sessions of training.
They mostly focused on bodyweight and calisthenics probably because they don't want you to snap your shit up, but for a woman that's pretty good.
Just get in there, most people are just there to get their workout, not to look at you, and the few that do look, probably don't care, they have their own life to be thinking of, you are a blip on the radar, to be forgotten in half an hour or less.
You're just making excuses.
Stop, go to the gym, read the sticky, and most importantly... Plz b in
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
Does starting strength affect neck, forearms, and calves? Or should I just spend a little extra time with those bodyparts if I want hypertrophy? I know SS isn't a hypertrophy focused program but I'm assuming muscle will still be built
>>
>>38761240
Watch the videos on bodybuilding.com and read the description.
You won't look like a retard if you do that.

If you want to feel comfortable first then do some stuff that you feel ok with doing. Just do cardio and watch what others are doing etc. Then start with some easy machines and when you feel comfortable with that then do dumbell / barbell things.

That's how I did it.
I would also say that machines are a bit safer to get into weight training that flopping heavy weights around. Just to get used to it.
>>
do i need to load creatine
>>
I want shoulders. I'm tired of looking like an avacado. What are some good at home work outs I can do to make my shoulders a bit larger? Not looking to be jacked, just less small.
>>
>>38761613
do you have a pull up bar ? if not buy one
>>
is it safe to use creatine and ECA stack?
>>
>try SS
>out of stamina before doing bench

is this normal?
>>
chin ups or pull ups?
>>
>>38758680
Late reply but I'm 6'2" so there's a ways to go. I tend to have grip problems so I switched to overhand/underhand. The gym has like 4 mirrors on every wall so I make sure there's no rounded back shit.

I did check form and I'm not keeping the bar in contact during the lift so that's possible. I'll try and analyze form better. Thanks man.
>>
Attending an end of summer pool party this Saturday. What are the best ways to make sure I look as good as possible shirtless?

I'm already going to continue my cut through the week although I'm going to be doing much lower carb to shed the water weight. I'm going to be doing my usual workouts with additional cardio on my off days. On the day of I plan on not eating before the party however I will be drinking water throughout the day because fuck being dehydrated for a slightly better looking body.

Did I miss anything?
>>
>>38762148

Also I forgot to mention I will be doing some bodyweight stuff close to party time in order to get a small pump going.
>>
What is the cutoff point where n00b gains and weightloss are no longer possible simultaneously? I've started gymming and dieting about 3 months ago and I'm halfway done with my weightloss (10 out of 20kg) but fear that I'm reaching the n00b gains plateu.
>>
i've had multiple doctors tell me drinking milk doesn't cause acne, but does anyone have personal experience with this?

I worked milk back into my diet (only about 1-2 cups per day) and have noticed these really small pimples that barely break the skin and are hardly noticeable unless up close

I don't really want to stop drinking it because it's so cheap too
>>
>>38750214
Look into a heel lift or proper orthotics
>>
when i hit parallel on my squat, without fail, both knees let out 2 pops. is this causing damage? or is it some kind of genetic deficiency that hitting parallel will absolve to a small degree?

also, what is cbt?

and what's the general consensus on gloves vs. chalk?
>>
How do I fix a kneecap hyper extension? My right kneecap shifts to the left when my knee bends?
>>
File: 1466916677069.jpg (347KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1466916677069.jpg
347KB, 1600x1200px
>>38753929
Thanks for the advice. Also what do you think is better for quad development: High Bar squats or Front Squats?

>>38758624
Good point. I will double check my macros.
>>
Guys one question i made my own diet and i want to cut but i dont know which meal should i sacrifice
4 eggs or the banana shake(two bananas, two egg yolks, one glass of milk, half a glass of water and a tablespoon of sugar)?
Planning to run on treadmill for 20 min
>>
brehs, i got a bottle of CLA for free. is it worth using? does it actually do anything?
>>
>>38749767
>Pectus Excavatum
>Work out every Day
>2 Meals a day, 6', 135lb

How do I gain pectoral bulk? That's all I care about. I'm perpetually in ottermode and have a 6-pack after about a week of working out (been on and off 3 years, currently 2 weeks every day). The thing is my ribs poke out and from the side it looks wonky. It would look a lot better with larger pecs.
I bench every day, currently at 15X6 115. My wrist gets fucked up if I put on too much. What can I do to make more gains?
>>
File: 1455272888356.jpg (133KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1455272888356.jpg
133KB, 640x960px
I've been following the Candito Linear program for almost 4 months. I'm felling like reaching a plateau. What should I do? Should I try another program? Thanks in advance.
>>
What is this body / frame type called?

How can I gain it?
>>
File: 1473020171495.jpg (19KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1473020171495.jpg
19KB, 413x395px
>>38750256
>The Simpsons or Corpse
>>
Can someone who has ordered protein bars tell me about your experience(s)? I'm a bit worried they'd be melted by the time they get here, especially with Florida humidity.
>>
>>38762928
have you tried eating more
>>
>>38763069
Protein bars (the good ones at least) don't really have ingredients that melt.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160823-213142.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160823-213142.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Why do I feel it so much in my hip adductors when I squat (lowbar).

They're also the muscle to get the most sore.
>>
>>38749857
do 100 pushups a day and maybe you'll get omewhere
>>
>>38749767
Is it ok that most of my carbs are from fruits? I really like fruits and usually eat enough to get to normal sugar daily intake.

Like 80% of carbs are from fruit.
>>
>>38762931
Bump
>>
New thread
>>38764071
>>38764071
>>
>>38761812
If you're new and you added too much weight it is. And on meth.
>>
>>38761812
And you're not eating/sleeping enough.
>>
>>38762812
>exploding knees
No idea, but always go below parallel.

>current body thread

Chalk
>>
>>38762929
What protocol does the program say to follow? Deload? Reduce volume? Something else?
>>
>>38763069
>especially with Florida humidity.
Every bar I've seen has been individually wrapped. You buying unwrapped loose bars?
>>
>>38763993
>normal sugar daily intake
Never heard of this. I've heard lots of maximums, but never a minimum. Sauce?
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.