[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the primal blueprint and other paleo style diets nonsense?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0723.jpg (818KB, 864x1079px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0723.jpg
818KB, 864x1079px
Is the primal blueprint and other paleo style diets nonsense? Should I just count my macros to achieve my fitness goals? If macros is the way to go, should I go to a nutritionist or just find my macronutrients myself using the body recomposition link in the sticky?
>>
absolute garbage
>>
>>38749601
Is there any truth in it. Should I avoid grains like poison
>>
>>38749665
Just do goddamn cardio Jesus fuck
>>
>>38749681
I'm a swimmer. I do cardio all the time. I just have read why grains are bad and it was very convincing
>>
I switched to paleo about a month back. I feel fucking fantastic.
>>
>Wander around looking for root vegetables until dark
>sleep in mud hut
>be short and frequently sick from malnutrition
>die at age 30
>>
>>38749860
>die at age 30
if your teeth don't kill you in mid 20s
>>
>>38749769
I've tried a low carb diet like this before. It doesn't really fuck with lifting but in terms of cardio your performance will drop, whether or not this is temporary I can't tell you, maybe your body will adapt, maybe not. You'll probably see better results eating what your coach tells you to eat.
>>
>>38749486
This is bullshit from an anthropology or archaeology perspective. You, unlike other great apes, including extinct human species, have six copies of the gene to produce pancreatic amalayse. In other words, your ancestors, distinct of all other human lineages such as Neanderthals, have relied on a lot of starch for tens of thousands of years. We've even found primitive flatbread made of wild grains from the paleolithic. Many people even show evidence that we are starting to adapt physically to farming.
>>
>>38749769
So, you do an activity that we're reasonably sure that nobody on the paleolithic was even able to do, and you want to pursue a diet based on fanciful notions about the stone age to support that? Good luck, buddy.
>>
>>38750067
I just thought it would help with fat burning and energy requirements. Fat is a more efficient fuel than carbs.
>>
>>38749486
>implying humans have still not evolved to eat grains
>>
Silly /fit/ thinking that all humans process food the same.
Peanut butter is good for bulking, unless it can fucking kill you.
Same with Paleo etc, how well your body processes the food you put in it has a large effect on how good a diet is.
I'm native American so I'm best off with a diet of fry bread and corn mash whiskey.
>>
>>38749486
>nuts and fruit
>modern food
This is literally 90% of what they ate tho.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.