[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it true that abs barely need to be worked out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (228KB, 1080x1348px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 1080x1348px
is it true that abs barely need to be worked out
>>
low bodyfat
>>
>will avoiding working out a muscle make it grow?
>>
>>38744609
Yeah, it's true. I have abs and I never work out, they just put me on an antidepressant that makes me not want to eat. Just came here because I think it's time I do something about the hungry skelly body.
>>
>>38744609
assuming you lift properly and you're not recovering from starvation/undiagnosed diabetes/cancer, you already have great abs, buried under a layer of fat.
>>
since its a muscle you need some size combined with low bodyfat

just low bodyfat isnt enough or else the auschwitz skellys wouldve all had abs
>>
>>38744609

For visibility, yes. It matters more that your body fat is low than it does actual work.

That being said, a strong core is really your foundation for a lot of important exercises, namely squats and diddy's. Furthermore, a strong core is fundamental in doing many body weight movements properly. It's worth working your core. Squats and diddy's will work your core though anyway.
>>
>>38745537
this, i made the mistake to not work out my abs while trying to recover from skellymode and now i just look kinda chubby with lovehandles.
>>
>>38744609
NO. YOU NEED TO TRAIN YOUR ABDOMINALS OTHERWISE YOUR POSTIOR CHAIN WILL WILL TIGHTEN TO HANDLE THE LOAD AND YOU *WILL* INJURE YOUR, SPINE AND LOSE MOBILITY.

You can loosen your hamstrings just by doing planks. Try it.
Try and focus your toes. Then do a 60 second plank, and 60 second side planks, then try and touch your toes again.
>>
>>38745537
I am an auschwitz skelly and I have abs. All girls have told me being proud of my abs is like a fat girl being proud of her tits. :(
>>
>>38746778
>YOU NEED TO TRAIN YOUR ABDOMINALS OTHERWISE YOUR POSTIOR CHAIN WILL WILL TIGHTEN TO HANDLE THE LOAD AND YOU *WILL* INJURE YOUR, SPINE AND LOSE MOBILITY.

mostly true, but you can also learn to engage your abs in everything you do, which reduces the need for specialized ab training. your abs are a muscle that can be constantly worked, they recover quickly.
>>
>>38744691
just like any other muscle in your body the abdominals are being worked out/flexed while you do any other activity. Even bearthing correctly while lifting will train abs. Squats train abs, deadlifts, even fucking biceps curls. you will do isolation for abs if needed to strnghten core to help with a lift or muscle balance, thats all
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.