[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you estimate your muscle gains? For example, if I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

How do you estimate your muscle gains?

For example, if I have one dumbbell and 15 pounds in weight, what sort of gains could I expect from using it one hour per day on my weak left arm?
I realize that's featherweight stuff by your standards, but I'd never get started, otherwise.

Do you need to pass certain level of intensity to force your muscle to grow, or is it a matter of average stresses to the muscle slowly accumulating?
>>
>>38742626
stop being a faggot and lift
>>
>>38742645
I will lift regardless of how little you have to say on this subject, or how annoyed you are about that, but I'd also like to learn more about it. You can sit this one out.
>>
>>38742626
Just find a weight that you can lift but not a lot
High weight / low reps works better than low weight / high reps
>>
>>38742626
>if I have one dumbbell and 15 pounds in weight, what sort of gains could I expect from using it one hour per day on my weak left arm?
about 7
>>
>>38743179
I will try this.

>>38743269
So you don't know? That's OK, you can sit this one out too.
>>
>>38743405
>So you don't know? That's OK, you can sit this one out too.
it's like asking how many ducks can you fit inside a box
>>
>>38743508
It's true that exercises have variable results. That doesn't mean there's no pattern to it.
>>
>>38743405
OP, the truth is you're asking a question a situation that nobody ever thought to research seriously because the very situation you're proposing is terribly inneficient, and your particular interest in knowing
> what sort of gains could I expect from using it one hour per day on my weak left arm?
proves you're a faggot who has not read and understood the sticky, that you don't want to do what actually works and you just want to do little effort to get half-assed results.
You're a faggot, OP
>>
>>38743561
I would like to know the relationship between efforts and results.

You seem to know something. Care to share?
>>
>>38743957
yeah bro curls for an hour a day with 15lb will get you ripped
>>
>>38742626
It's impossible to say.
>>
>>38743992
What will it get me?

>>38744144
Seems possible to say that X-Exercise will get you Y-Muscle gain, or that it will not. Hence my question above.
I think is difficult to say. I'm surprised no-one seems able to take on that difficulty.
Shouldn't people concerned with gains know how to get what they want instead of playing dice with their body?
>>
OP basically the way to grow big and strong muscles is by making small tears in them, and have the body repair.
To make tears, you obviously need to stress the muscle enough that it gets damaged, and the best way to do this is lift weight you can only do for 1-15 times. As in, you couldn't physically do it more, not that you choose to.
The problem with a 15 lb dumbbell is that there isn't much you can do an absolute maximum of 15 reps with, unless you're an absolute skeleton.
This is why you continually need to increase intensity, and you're better off doing a bodyweight routine at least.
>>
>>38745507
Now this is actionable. I'll pick up some fatter weights and try your method.
>>
>>38745767
Build a lifting set if you can, because you will need to continually add weight to make progress
>>
You need to jump on a pull up bar, grab the bar mid-air, tighten your grip and let the rest of your body loosen up, and drop your body until your arms are straight. You need as much momentum as possible to force your muscles to work and give them a high temperature for those extra gains.
Do it until failure.
Next step from that are crossfit butterfly pull ups.
Or just do WOD.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.