[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on keto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: U.jpg (143KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
U.jpg
143KB, 1200x900px
Redpill me on keto
>>
>>38739959

A useful hack for consuming fewer calories.
>>
>>38739959
S'okay. Good for results.

Meat is pretty expensive though.
>>
Gay shit
>>
You're doing it wrong by eating normie bacon (or most cured meats) and Kraft Singles.

If bacon and cheese are what you want, you gotta cough up some decent money for real cheese and uncured bacon.

Or just forget the bacon and hit up meat counter specials.
>>
>>38739959
it works
>>
>>38739959
Or you could just do your own research. Keto is good for the strong willed people, most dont last more than a few days because of the keto flu and carb cravings you get at first.

Keto burns more fat than other diets because fats are your main fuel, and you eat less because your appetite is suppressed. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>38739959
Amazing results on the short run. Not sustainable on the long run.

Using bouts of keto of 1 month it's one of the best ways to stay lean after bulking.
>>
>>38741447

What's uncured bacon?

>>38741746

>Keto burns more fat than other diets because fats are your main fuel

Bit misleading. It burns more dietary fat because that's all you're eating.
>>
>>38741848
it burns more fat because your body switches to ketones for fuel instead of carbs.
>>
>>38741848
It's the kind of bacon that has no sweetener: sugars, hfcs, dextrose, etc. The things that ruin a keto diet.
>>
>>38741896

Right, dietary fat
>>
>>38739959
makes cutting absurdly easy, since your appetite is pretty much nonexistant.

you'll lose strength for lifts (not necessarily muscle mass, but your working sets will crater.) but you can still do cardio pretty well. For example my OHP went from a 1RM of 125 (baby-weight, i know) to 105 over the course of a prolonged cut, while losing about 90 pounds.

it works pretty well provided:
>you can cook at home (eating out is rough, and you get some odd looks.)
>you don't have a sweet tooth
>you like fatty food.
>you have the money to buy meat/eggs/veggies. don't be that guy who eats nothing but bacon and cheese, then fails at it and comes back saying "keto sucks"
>>
>>38739959
hey
>>
>>38741929
no, body fat too lol.
>>
>>38742010
calories in vs calories out still holds valid in this equation though.The only time itll go to body fat for fuel is when youre in a deficit. Also as far as thermodynamic principles are concerned: eating at a 500 Cal deficit will produce the same weight loss result whether on ketogenic diet or one that omits no foods.
>>
>>38742048

Same fat loss, but not the same weight loss. Part of what makes keto so attractive to people is the initial water dump knocking five or ten pounds off the scale.
>>
>>38742048
a lot of people hear "burns more fat" and think it magically allows greater fat loss with the same caloric intake..... no.
>>
>>38742058
yes
>>
Keto wasn't hard for me to do in aus, because of the way things are priced here chicken breast is one of the cheapest and best things i can buy as it is, so i just added eggs on that shit and was good to go.
>>
>>38742048
you lose a lot of excess water weight too, and lose more fat than muscle mass. and of course you'll only lose weight if on a deficit, the thing about keto though is after a week or two it's almost impossible to go above a deficit because your appetite is nothing.
>>
File: fatrats.jpg (9KB, 450x230px) Image search: [Google]
fatrats.jpg
9KB, 450x230px
>>38742048
>muh genetics
>>
keto is for numales 2bqh
>>
>>38739959
https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq
>>
>>38742069
>"you lose a lot of excess water weight too.."

1.) Water weight is not excess, we are 65-75% water, staying hydrated is more difficult on a ketogenic diet, and therefore counterproductive to someone training weights who needs water.

> "and lose more fat than muscle mass"
2.)there is no literature to support this, especially in regards to someone who weight trains. The claim is based on the presupposition that the persons are eating more nitrogen containing compounds... A basic rule of weight training is eat more protein.
>>
>>38741902
uncured bacon is just shitty bacon without modern preservatives, it has absolutely nothing to do with sugar or dextrose or anything keto related
>>
>>38742095
>keto is for numales 2bqh
nah that's gomad and deadlift, keto needs discipline something numales do not posses.
>>
File: keto.png (143KB, 1326x880px)
keto.png
143KB, 1326x880px
>>38742175

> keto needs discipline

Every keto thread I've seen on this board has started with a picture of a plate of bacon, usually with cheese and beef. Keto is for fat redditors who have no willpower and can only get themselves to eat the fatty, salty foods they're familiar with.
>>
Seems like a huge meme to me honestly

>eat at a deficit
>do keto
>WOAH I LOST WEIGHT IT WAS TOTALLY KETO
>>
>>38742212
KEK
>definite retardation

tubbo try a day without chugging a snickersbar up your butthole and then report
>>
>>38742227

Been a few years since I've had a snicker's bar actually. If you think the two foods that exist are bacon and candy bars, no wonder you're on keto.
>>
>>38742255
i chuckled
>>
>>38741746
>mfw I've been doing this for five years
>mfw I am a god of willpower
>>
>>38741746
Huh. It feels weird being called strong willed even though it's indirectly

Thanks anon

T. Keto for 4 months faggot

Completly true about the hunger suppression thing though. I used to have 4k a day. Now i'm barely going over 1k
>>
>>38741978
I usually rotate what i'm eating from chicken to eggs to bacon to fish to pork to whatever else just so shit doesn't get stale. Also a side of veggies with every meal and a multi in the morning.
>>
>>38742007
it's me ur brother
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.