[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/QTDDTOT/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 44

File: image.jpg (48KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 480x360px
Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Previous >>38731467

BIG GUYS, BIG QUESTIONS EDITION
>>
>Doing greyskull for half a year
>arms are still exact same size
How do I BIG arms?
>>
>>38739857
Starting strength

> doing gayskull
>>
>>38739842
How do I unlock Sam Hyde mode
>>38739857
>half a year
Literally don't worry about it, you're not even at beginner level yet.

The program also doesn't seem to involve any direct arm work so maybe that's somewhere to start, remember that the long head of the tricep is most of your arm.

But seriously, don't even think about it until you've got at least two years on your back.
>>
>>38739868
What's wrong with it?

>>38739870
Alright man guess I am expecting progress a bit quick.
>>
I started lifting a couple of months ago and now after every set I do the muscles on my outer wrist hurt. Why is this happening to me and how do I fix it?
>>
>>38739999
I did grayskull for a month with NOGAINS now I'm on SS with 60lbs added to my squat and 100 on my deadlift
>>
>>38740005
You're either cocking your wrists back or twisting your wrists too much on exercises.

What you need to do is figure out proper bar placement (there's plenty of material) and focus on keeping your forearms tight during all exercises.
>>
Is it better to cut based on weight or time?
I was originally planning on cutting at 180 pounds or next spring, whatever came first. The thing is, already at 160 because noob gainz.
>>
>>38739842

Protien powder, what is the best, what is the cheapest, and what is the best middle ground.

I don't want to spend a fuck ton of money on something that is only marginally better than something that's cheaper than shit, but I also want something that doesn't taste like ass.
>>
Anybody got a link for a safe apk of the unlocked SL 5x5 app? I've never pirated an app before. Sounded easy enough but I'm not sure where to get the apk itself. Googling reminded me of trying to find roms.
>>
>>38740037
Cut based on what you see in the mirror, but don't be afraid to get a bit chubby.

In my opinion you're too small at either of those weights to cut unless you're a turbomanlet.
>>38740045
That kind of depends on where you are buddy.

Personally, I wouldn't bother buying the most expensive designer brand snake oil crap, all of it works anyway. Just get the cheapest biggest tub you can find of whatever you can stomach.
>>
File: Goku_(PeePee).png (43KB, 231x211px) Image search: [Google]
Goku_(PeePee).png
43KB, 231x211px
My dining hall has a milk dispenser. If I'm a hungry skelly should I drink the whole milk or 1% choco milk?
>>
Just started exercise.

6'1"
158 pounds (average over last 2 weeks, started 166)

I want to get rid of my gut first because I have no fat anywhere else and am just a hungry hungry skeleton otherwise. I plan to continue getting swole after that.

Should I eat 3k calories a day? Less to cut fat before more to gain muscle? More to just go straight into gaining muscle?
>>
>>38740098
bulk.
>>38740088
Whole milk I believe, more calories from fat is preferable to sugar.

It is however a negligible amount of calories, I suggest changing other parts of your diet.
>>
>>38740110
Good because I'm fucking hungry like all the time.
>>
>>38740088

Definitely whole.

>>38740098

Don't worry too much about the gut for now, your overall BF% is low. Bulk first at a moderate caloric surplus (~300 calories) and in the meantime you can also do stomach vacuums, which will make your stomach appear smaller, although the fat won't just disappear.
>>
>>38740017
I'm making good strength gains on greyskull, the reason I picked it over SS is that squatting and deadlift ing at the same time didn't work well for me.
>>
File: The Two-Palm Torture.jpg (37KB, 520x496px) Image search: [Google]
The Two-Palm Torture.jpg
37KB, 520x496px
>>38740170
>stomach vacuums

Does that shit actually work? I'm mostly just working on lowering my BF% and gaining usable strength. Job is physically demanding.
>>
File: DietmarWolf.jpg (19KB, 316x420px) Image search: [Google]
DietmarWolf.jpg
19KB, 316x420px
>>38740185
>the reason I picked it over SS is that squatting and deadlift ing at the same time didn't work well for me.
That's because you're a beginner and don't have any work capacity whatsoever, this is quickly gained however, just push through it.

t. intermediate powerlifter, squat, bench and deadlift every session 5 times a week
>>
>>38740190

Yeah it actually works, although results vary depending on how relaxed your abs usually are. People with lordosis look like they have large stomachs even if they aren't fat because of this. Stomach vacuums and other posture exercises are used to fix the problem. Don't think of it as an ab exercise as much as something you do to maintain good posture.
>>
>>38740190
You probably don't actually have all that much gut and just have poor posture. Stomach vacuums are a way to strengthen your abdominals, but really any core work works.

I wholeheartedly recommend doing some form of ab isolation though, if only for posture.

So does Herr Wolf >>38740203 by the way.
>>
>>38740045
https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein
>>
>>38740052
Just spend the $10. I'd do it again at three times the price.
>>
>>38740098
Read the sticky.
>>
File: 1382401908102.gif (67KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1382401908102.gif
67KB, 230x230px
I've been eating 1200 calories / day for the past two weeks and I'm not hungry. Is that normal?
>>
File: 1474086921162.jpg (160KB, 768x866px) Image search: [Google]
1474086921162.jpg
160KB, 768x866px
Literal fitness expert here will be answering question for free for about an hour or so so if you have any just reply to thid post pic kinda related
>>
>>38740823
I mean, you're not tempted to eat more so that's good. Bodies adjust to diet and stuff as to not overly stress everything.

Either that or you're not measuring right, but only you know the answer to that.
>>
File: FHRITP.png (217KB, 640x347px) Image search: [Google]
FHRITP.png
217KB, 640x347px
I took a month break in lifting. I left off with Lyle McDonald's upper/lower split, which I had been doing for a few months so I was hitting some decent numbers for a hypertrophy routine. I want to pick up lifting again with a strength routine. Should I do a novice strength routine like SS or intermediate like TM?
>>
So I'm a recovering fatty and have been going to the gym five days a week for two weeks now. Outside of being sore and tight the biggest issue I'm having is making the necessary protein amounts via protein shakes.

I'm 6'3 and weight 260 lbs and I just can't take 3 protein shakes a day on top of the food I'm eating and the 8-12 glasses of water a day. How much am I fucking up if I don't meet 260 grams of protein?
>>
opinions on
>Buff Dudes?
>>
>>38741096
you base the amount of protein intake per pound of LEAN bod mass.... hitting your protein macros is so fucking easy even without proton shakes holy shit
>>
Form check 5x 200lbs https://youtu.be/JrVVies7WKs
>>
File: startingstrength[1].jpg (113KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
startingstrength[1].jpg
113KB, 1024x576px
My gym doesn't have the plates for power cleans. Plus, I haven't been taught to do them properly.

Is there something I can substitute power cleans in SS
>>
>>38741052
You are a novice until you stop progressing linearly, so try a novice program, but a month shouldn't cost you too many gains. Try a 20% deload from where you were at and see how that feels.
>>
>>38741213
how do I calculate lean body mass?
>>
>>38741199
Like em.
>>
New to fit here.
When you guys say you lift 2pl8 etc that's 2 on each side of the bar and do you count the bar's weight or not ?
>>
>>38741096
http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
>>
>>38741225
Looked OK to me.
>>
>>38741284
Two plate means two 45 pound plates on each side plus the bar. So that's 225 pounds
>>
Should the 1 g of protein for every body weight lb rule really be followed if you're trying to lose weight? Is it okay to run on off days in between SS workouts? Any motivational tips or advice that longer term /fit/izens have acquired that they'd like to share ?
>>
>>38741296
Sweet, cheers
>>
>>38740823
Do you weigh 140 lbs and never exercise or something?
>>
What do you guys think of pot barley? I'm trying to eat healthier and get some more fibre since I'm pretty shitty (pun sorta intended) at eating veggies and anything else with fibre in it. Is it something that I could have, say, half a cup (size before cooking it) worth of it pretty much every day?
>>
what the fuck according to this

http://www.fitness.com/tools/greek_proportions/

with a 6 inch wrist I should have a 27 inch waist

I just cut down to 30.5 and struggling to make 30, is a 27 inch waist even possible for an adult male?
>>
>>38741275
The way I usually figure it is estimate how much you would weigh if you weren't fat. Depending on how fat you are, you'd probably be fine with something like 170-200 grams.

Also remember to do stretches regularly(don't do it before lifting though). It helps with your lifts and makes your body feel so much better in general.
>>
>>38741263
Not really. Some people substitute bent over rows, but it's really not the same. My gym doesn't have bumper plates either, all you have to do is not drop the weight when you're done.

Also I learned power cleans on my own just reading SS, as I'm sure most anons did. It's really not that complicated, especially if you already understand deadlifts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drttm5r66A
>>
is there a good source for form videos/information? For example I'm trying to learn how to do squats. But in all the videos they just do it, without explaining the details of foot placement or breathing or pacing.
>>
>>38741560
There are dozens. Hard to believe you actually looked, honestly.

The one that taught me the most:
https://youtu.be/bs_Ej32IYgo
>>
>>38741467
Well your hip size isn't guaranteed to be proportionate with your wrist size. Seems like you have small wrists but medium sized hips. A 27 inch waist is very small for a man, I would only expect guys with small hips to have measurements like that.

Also it looks like that's refering to ideals. You don't necessarily have an ideal skeleton.
>>
File: 20160907_113543.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160907_113543.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I've been having troubles with my lumbar spine for a while now, it's completely stopped me from lifting. I went to the chiropracter who's told me my lumbar spine is not sufficiently curved. What's the name of this condition so I can look up stretches to rectify the issue? Pic related: me
>>
Should I take creatine before or after a workout? Does it even matter when I take it?
>>
>>38741404
6'0 and 170 lbs. I never exercise. Right now I'm skinnyfat. Should I be worried?
>>
Alright, /fit/

I went to get my teeth cleaned after a few years of not going to the dentist but I had some immediate red flags.

>Dentist says I have 6 cavities that need drilling
>the cleaning itself was very very short
>The nurse came in and said I had a lot of build up so they would be charging me extra for a deep cleaning
>When I asked if those cavities needed drilling, he said yes, but they're so small they probably wouldn't need to numb me

That last part was a HUGE red flag for me.

This was a few months ago. No tooth ache, no nothing has happened since then.

Should I just switch dentists? I want to get braces on my bottom teeth. I feel like this guy was trying to milk me since I haven't been there in so long.
>>
>>38742324
>That last part was a HUGE red flag for me.
That actually was the best thing they said. Do you know how teeth work? The longer you wait, the deeper the decay is going in your teeth, closer to the nerve and the greater the chance you'll need lidocaine. Feel free to see another dentist, but don't switch because he suggested you won't need anesthetic, which is not only something they can bill more for, but it will increase your time there and prevent you from being able to eat for hours afterwards.
>>
File: 2014-02-19 15.13.15.jpg (27KB, 563x270px) Image search: [Google]
2014-02-19 15.13.15.jpg
27KB, 563x270px
I need help friends. I got around 900 cals to fill my diet. I need 35g of protein, 20g of fat and 10g of fiber, can go over but can't really go under. Any ideas? Also preferably no meat, since my diet is already full of it.
>>
>>38742383
Since then I've looked it up and apparently dentists do try to nickle and dime you like that

They'll give you a wide array of answers and many will drill nothing at all. It's not exactly a secret.
>>
>>38742324
why would you need anesthetic for cavities?

>>38742404
I think you're being paranoid.
>>
>>38742402
two scoops of protein powder, milk, a bowl of cereal?

and then a candy bar idk
>>
>>38742417
already have all of that (minus the cereal) in my diet, don't want to overdo on 1 type of food. Any more ideas?
>>
>>38742408
>paranoid
nah, senpai

There's been a few news specials on it. They get a person who has completely fine teeth and go around getting consultations and they get recommended everything from fillings, root canals, and complete mouth reconstruction
>>
what should I do after SL5x5?
>>
>>38742471

That depends on your goals and situation.
>>
I read the wiki multiple times and I am very confused. I am skinny fat with 19% BF (Dexa) I am 5'4 (yes, I know) at 140lb. I am starting greyskull but I really not sure if I should cut and lean down first to a 14-15% BF then bulk up, because I read it's easier to bulk after a cut. Or just bulk up. My goal is aesthetic with muscle mass. Since I am in the middle ground, not sure if I should bulk at the risk of getting more skinny fat or cut.

Your answer is truly appreciated.
>>
>>38742492
If the reason you're getting into fitness is to fit into your old clothes, lose weight, etc essentially vanity reasons cut first to achieve your original goal. If you're here to get strong bulk first.
>>
I read a study showing strong results from doing one high-rep set until exhaustion, followed by normal low-rep sets. I wanted to read it again and remember the details. Can anyone help me find it?
>>
I'm feeling some slight tightness in my chest and have a bit of a cough.
Would it be best to rest and begin training next week instead of potentially aggravating my illness, however minor it is?
>>
Had anyone done Lyle's Generic Bulking Routine?

What did you think about it?
>>
My weight loss has stopped despite eating at a deficit and I don't know what to do. Would a couple of days of eating at maintenance be a good idea.
>>
>5'9, 175 lbs, 20% bf
Should I cut a little? I don't really care about aesthetics, I just want to get stronger.
I'm bulking right now (up from 155), but honestly I feel kinda sick after eating the amount of shit I'm eating, and after losing some fat I wouldn't have to eat as much to get that 500 kcal surplus.
What do?
>>
Guys, I need your help. I read the sticky and looked it up on other sites already.
I want to build muscles and burn fat simultaniously. Scooby made a good blog about this and I calculated my calory intake.
I still struggle with figuring out the nutrition though. There is a pretty clear instruction on how much protein I should take in (1g/lb bodyweigt), but I don't know how much carbs I should eat.
As far as I know you need carbs to build muscle but should eat less carbs if you want to burn fat.

So how much carbs, and what meals would you recommend, if I want to burn fat and gain muscle?
I'm 20; 1,80m; and work out 3-4 times a week - weight training with 15-20 mins of cardio after each session.

Thanks for any good advice
>>
>>38743209
forgot my weight: 85kg - 187,4 lbs
>>
How can I modify SL to make it more about aesthetics?
>>
>>38743197
If you're still making strength gains I would honestly keep bulking, however once you hit that 180-185 region keep bulking just do it slower and once you hit 200-210 do a 3-4 month cut and get back on the bulking wagon.
Fat is easy as fuck to lose especially if you're a retarded fatty. Gains however for a natty are hard as fuck to come by.
>>
>>38743209
Specifically burn fat? Keto
Gain muscle? Paleo
Both at an increased rate? No option.

You're new at this as far as I can tell. You're going to make baby gains right off the kick so do keto for a few months, get to the peak on your baby gains and then switch. You'll see fast loss.

Google 'keto calculator' and punch in 20g of carbs for whatever caloric count you have on your cuts. And enjoy your meem diet.
>>
>>38739842
best exercises for glute activation that aren't squats/deads?
>>
>>38743234
Build out your strength foundation and then switch to greyskull LP. It's a little of both.
>>
>>38743209
http://www.barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/ for Macros.

For a 5'10 guy being 187 isn't that heavy to be honest or big at all, get to 210 and then cut down. Don't miss out on that inital novice gains period and 6 months of gains will make you ready to cut and have some muscle for summer.
>>
>>38743249
Weighted walking lunges, farmer's walks, barbell hip thrusts. May be able to round it off with kettlebell bullshit. The swing between the knees, clench your ass, hip thrust shit and work more areas too.
>>
>>38743268
I do 160lb DB f walks every night man... that shit don't help my glutes at all. I'll start doin the lunges tho.
>>
>>38743289
nigga you need to meet it half way and activate your glutes yourself too. Clench that shit and engage your SHIT
>>
>>38743289
>>38743268
Why would farmer walks help glutes? Thought they were for grip and forearm then again I don't do this muscle targeting shit
>>
>>38743267
thanks for the link

I know that isn't very fat, it's just that my fat deposits are very unfortunate. I mainly have fat on my butt and legs, which doesn't look very good at all and also I'm having trouble finding good jeans and pants to wear. So I wanted to try something else than the classic bulk and cut.
But if I don't find a good alternative I'll probably just bulk and cut.
>>
>>38743305

It takes glutes of steel to deal with heavy carries. Yoke, farmers, frame carries etc all rough up your arse as much as they do your abs, obliques, etc.

Emphasis on the heavy though, which can be kind of a problem. You need a lot of weight for relatively short distances (like 25m or less) for that to really be effective.
>>
The Pressâ„¢ is my best lift, being almost intermediate.
But my dips are lagging and bench is really slow and bad.
My assistance work (gslp) is
>incline db and shrugs/facepulls on bench day
>Dips and lateral raises on ohp day
Should I add tricep one arm pushdowns instead of (or just adding them) lat raises?
>>
File: 1428612051097.gif (1022KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1428612051097.gif
1022KB, 500x500px
After watching some kai greene vids i'm wondering if i should do 20 reps instead of 10 with lighter weight and focus on the muscle
How bad of an idea is that ?
>>
What dressings can I add to cottage cheese?
I used to add jam before going on a diet, but now I'm concerned about sugar.
>>
>>38743339
Weighted Dips, Lying tricep extensions and actually read up on how to bench.
I see loads of guys with no arch (not telling you to make a female powerlifter arch) and don't use the leg drive in the bench.
Also don't forget microplates
I bench 134 kg and that's all thanks to adding 1kg a week rather being an idiot and trying to increase my bench by 2.5 kgs.
>>
How do i stop myself from going all in? Currently at my grandma's place and she's feeding me like a pig. I dont have the guts to tell her i dont wanna eat, so i just shut up and clean my plate. What should i do? Should i double time my cardio?
>>
>>38743379
Just get salted and eat that if not then find either find Tvarog in the polish aisle (better macros than cottage cheese) or quark.
Also 1 table spoon of honey is 10-15 g of carbs and 60 calories so I doubt that will be what makes or breaks your diet unless you are a 40 kg woman.
>>
>>38743423
Tell her that it's important for you to count your calories
I'm pretty sure she'll understand
>>
>>38743423
If you're living everyday at Grandmas then just learn to say no if it's once in a while every few weeks then don't eat anything other than what grandma feeds you and have some whey with water.
>>
>>38743423
Just tell grandma that you're trying to lose weight. Grandma is always understanding, especially if she's feeding you so well.

Fantastic woman. I bet she'll make you healthy shit and like 'I googled how to make these healthy lemon squares.' 'But grandma you don't even know google' 'Yeah but I learned for you, grandson-kun.'

10/10 grandma
>>
>>38743253
Thanks, have been doing SL for half a year now and want to focus more in look.
>>
>>38743450
>grandma had a stroke
>2 years had passed
>she got a little better but it's still hard for her to walk and speak

Part of the reason I started working out and went on a diet to be honest
>>
>>38743478
No sweat, I did the same shit. Just switched to greyskull recently and seeing dem aesthetics.
>>
>>38739857
are you doing chinups? I find this hard to believe
>>
Hello.
Yesterday I ate 720 grams of lentils with 50 grams of pasta in it. A tablespoon of oil was used into cooking, the whole meal was 1030 kcals.

At the end of the meal I wasn't hungry. But I wanted to eat some junk food. I had to restrain myself from going outside and eat some more tasty and greasy shit like pizza, burgers or whatever. How can you stop these cravings?
>>
File: 1335162750066.png (151KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1335162750066.png
151KB, 1680x1050px
If Anon happened to find true love, would he do the same lifts, aerobics, and cardio that his girlfriend has to do get her feet wet for a /fit/-related lifestyle?

Do you even practice your breathing?
What's the required mind:matter ratio for an Olympic-grade athlete wannabe?
Does swimming /fit/?
Do you do the same bullshit cycles and routines throughout the entire year? Or should you switch things up between seasons and months?
Body-weights (Y/N)?

Has anyone thought about making a thread about warrior style routines - like samurai and knight workouts?

Is it possible to enjoy food/cooking, succeed in college with extra curricular activities, AND get /fit/?
>>
>>38743542
Learning how to cook and doing it long enough.
I went off junk food and chocolate bars/sweets for a full 3 months just to see if I have willpower when I had a choclate bar it actually tasted like garbage.
>>
>>38743542
Eat shit with more substance? Pasta, lentils and oil for a major amount of calories in your diet is fuckin' bananas.

What kinda cut you on, son?

>>38743550
I'd do cardio with her but my lifts wouldn't change.

I do practice my breathing.

Strict diet over 4 years, hours of practice every day. Go look up Phelp's training regiment and then despair.

Yes, swimming is fucking /fit/.

Graduate to new programs. I'm on newb shit - c25k goes to 5k goes to 10k. SL goes to intermediate programs, etc. Just keep improving.

Like body-weight exercises? Yes. JUST body-weight exercises? It's an options but calisthenics looks hard as fuck.

Samurais ate, fucked and honed their blade. They were skinny fat at best. If you want an actual warrior style routine.. It's mostly marching. March until your legs bleed. Then march more.

Yes but it'll be hard and you'll need to schedule shit out to account for it all.
>>
>>38739842
Why isn't every single Feels, Tinder, tfw no gf/how do I get a gf post in this thread?
>>
I know youve guys been answering this questions repeatedly, but how do you know when you have a solid strength foundation? 1/2/3/4 right?
>>
>>38743550

>Do you even practice your breathing?
Yes Meditate for 20-30 mins every night.
>What's the required mind:matter ratio for an Olympic-grade athlete wannabe?
No clue
>Does swimming /fit/?
Love swimming affects my recovery so haven't been doing it as much.
>Do you do the same bullshit cycles and routines throughout the entire year? Or should you switch things up between seasons and months?
Am I still making progress? If yes stay on same routine. If no and ruled out eating, sleep, external stress then change programming.

>Body-weights (Y/N)?
I can see how some are cool and would like to try a hand stand however I want to reach a 200 kg squat and 140 bench
>Has anyone thought about making a thread about warrior style routines - like samurai and knight workouts?
That sounds stupid
>Is it possible to enjoy food/cooking, succeed in college with extra curricular activities, AND get /fit/?
Yes I work 52 hours/week as Doctor and still have time to cook go out with friends family and lift 8-10 hours per week.
>>
File: 1327299754192.jpg (370KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1327299754192.jpg
370KB, 1680x1050px
>>38743542
I mean, have you tried /ck/?
You could try avoiding advertisements. I'm not even shitting you dude. Food companies and health/fitness/beauty companies pay serious money for photographic quality of their merchandise with even more money it seems going into targeting everyday saps who immerse themselves in media riddled with marketing companies small and large around every corner and page.
>pic related
>I've craved a bag of chips after seeing a SECOND of a McDonalds ad.
>>
How long does it take for water weight to go away? I had a massive binge 3 days ago upwards of about 5k calories, carbs were in the mid-upper hundreds and salt was through the roof.

I gained a LOT of water-weight whereas normally I'm very lean. I fasted the next day and ate a bit less over the following days so my calories for the week are at maintenance. I'm still really bloated and fluffy.

When does this extra water weight go away?
>>
>>38743590
Depends on your body weight but yes usually 1/2/3/4 for reps is a good point for you to then consider specialization into aesthetics, a sport, strength or some kind of mixture.
>>
>>38743612
Run it off, chubnuts. Diet stuff takes like 2 days but mixing it with cardio is maybe a day?
>>
File: colors.png (61KB, 983x630px) Image search: [Google]
colors.png
61KB, 983x630px
>>38743610
Doh, not pic related
>wrong pic
>>
>>38743612
Probably in a week or two, you ate almost a weeks worth in 3 days.
>>
File: 170916.png (331KB, 646x458px) Image search: [Google]
170916.png
331KB, 646x458px
Joining the gym this week.
BF%?
What is a beginner with a body like mine supposed to do? Bulk? Cut?
>>
>>38743668
Depends on your goals, personally in my opinion I believe you should bulk with a good program like SS and then cut.
However if you feel like seeing your abs will make you stick more to the /fit/ lifestyle then cut away.
>>
File: cbt250616.png (3MB, 1123x1244px) Image search: [Google]
cbt250616.png
3MB, 1123x1244px
>>38743569
I actually liked very much the taste of what I was eating. I just missed the more tasty junk food.

>>38743584
Why? AFAIK lentils contains low glycemic index, a shitton of fibers, a decent amount of proteins. Yes, the macros were a little fucked up (144g carbs, 15g fat, 42g protein, 50g fiber) but it's not like I ate junk food, right?

I could try cutting out the pasta, tho.
I'm a skinnyfat loser who needs to lose at least 15 lbs. I'm cutting at 1400 kcals because there's literally no muscle on my body, pic related. I signed up at the gym but I feel so demotivated knowing that with such low calories I can't really gain shit, so the most I do is just walking in a fasted state ( I do 23/1 intermittent fasting) .

I'm even thinking about fasting 2-3 days long. I'm just so sick that I can't lift because I can't bulk.
>>
File: P_20160914_115416.jpg (307KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
P_20160914_115416.jpg
307KB, 1600x900px
How important is sleep and a sleep schedule?
I mean, would it really make a negative difference if you just worked out as much as you wanted and could and slept whenever you were tired?

You fitizens like my grilled chicken, mushroom, onion, and egg with noodles?
>>
>>38743739
Looks good but unless you have hyoooge hands looks like a breakfast or a snack not very big.

I have lifted heavy weights on 3-4 hours sleep (190 kg squat 1x5 and 1x3 210 DL same day) so it's okay to do once in a while however you're cucking your body of quicker recovery if you do it constantly and especially if you get strong enough.
Plus with lack of sleep the bar feels 30 kgs heavier.
>>
>>38743490
how did you get started? I'd have to import the book if I'm going to read it.
>>
>>38743620
So i shouldnt be concern on cutting just yet? I'm a 178cm fatfuck 87kg with about 25% bf or more.
>>
File: greyskull workout v2 phrak .png (73KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
greyskull workout v2 phrak .png
73KB, 547x465px
>>38743783
not him, but I was recommended this version of GS
>>
>>38743769
It's just forced perspective. The meal was pretty small though. I'm making my situation a learning experience. So its eating like a monk. Like one or two 'meals' a day. Controlling what goes in and what goes out. etc. etc.

Plus, isn't your stomach the size of your fist?
>>
>>38743795
I wouldn't consider cutting unless you have 100 kg bench for a set of 5.
I never had a chest or shoulder that looked good till I hit 60 kg ohp for 5 and 100 kg bench for 5 and i'm a 170 cm manlet.

If your hips and ass are getting too fat, then control the quality of your food, add some HIIT once a week and reduce your calorific intake by a bit ( still bulking but instead of for example 5000 calories go to 4500)
>>
>>38743668
My plan was to bulk and then cut.
But my mom impulse buys and she's a bit of a bad drinker. So she goes out and spends all the food stamps on random fucking foods. And I've hardly had any good results. The only fatty foods I eat any more are ramen and single serve bags of chips.

So it's important to learn how to cook real food, the right way, so that if you do decide to bulk and/or cut, you're eating the right way.
>>
Does anyone have a useful link on how to be more mobile and flexible? General tips or a routine, I find that calisthenics and cardio make me really happy for some reason compared to going to the gym, but I'm totally stiff from sitting in front of my PC and just lifting.
>>
How the fuck do i even go about getting a job, i've recovered from the being fat part, but recovering from the NEET part feels impossible.
>>
>>38743829
Jesus i cant even eat 5k calories. I usually just eat about 1.8k calories to 2.5k calories. Is this good enough?
>>
>>38743942
I was only giving an example. It doesn't matter what arbitary number I give if the weight on the scale is going up week by week then you're doing a good job.
Just make sure you lift heavy, don't miss your workouts, do your compounds and not bulk on donuts.
>>
File: 1408032730549.jpg (321KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1408032730549.jpg
321KB, 1920x1080px
Is it any more or less important to relax than it is to actually work out? Same? No opinion?
>>
>>38743968
Too vague of a question, but rest is important for you to progress and the stronger you get the more important rest is going to be.
>>
File: gabe.jpg (3MB, 4020x6000px) Image search: [Google]
gabe.jpg
3MB, 4020x6000px
>>38743354
Plz respond
>>
File: jeeeeeeeeeeeeens.jpg (79KB, 425x640px) Image search: [Google]
jeeeeeeeeeeeeens.jpg
79KB, 425x640px
>>38739842
is this any good ?
i think my workouts using this are too short
http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.nl/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html

when im doing last reps of last set my hands are shaky and i can barely do them but im def. not maxing out on weight, its just muscles getting tired

is this normal or am i lacking some minerals and shit

What can i do between workouts that wouldnt fuck with my schedule ? im doing some cardio but i wish i could spend more time on gym

maybe some lower torso excercises or more leg emphasis ?
Idk if my legs are small, my thighs are rather big but idk about calves and shit
>>
>>38744001
Stupid idea, the only time I would do a set of 20 is when I did my 10rm squat for a set of 20 for 6 weeks to build some mental toughness.
>>
>>38743923
Does your town have any trails or are you living in the center of the big city like an hour outside of any nature?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF2mTj4vE24
Try hiking and camping maybe? Pitch a tent.
>>
>>38744000
Dub trips, how important is it to relax after a workout?
>>
>>38744009
Just do SS, the man literally wrote a 300 page book on the program and the lifts, plus it's not retarded shit like 5x5 which is too much volume for a beginner.

Between workouts, find a hobby, eat loads, sleep loads and try to chill. Once you are no longer a beginner and you are still in love with the gym then go on a 5-6 day lifting programs for intermediates.
>>
>>38744033
Very, if you're a beginner you won't feel it as much but it's still relevant.
However for example I did 155kg squat 5x5 on Tuesday if I didn't rest on Wednesday and Thursday, plus ate enough protein and slept enough I wouldn't have made my 177.5 kg 1x5 on Friday.
>>
Full fat or low fat greek yoghurt? 500g has an insane amount of fat.
>>
>>38744081
Depends on your goals, your macros, your meals, when I cut I go for low fat when bulking I go for full fat for that extra flavour.
>>
>>38741849
after
>>
File: 1473910304335.gif (944KB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
1473910304335.gif
944KB, 500x210px
>>38744035
ok ill switch it up
i got kinda scared at first because tons of knowledge to digest and fact that im going to gym for first time

but now that i have been there done that its all simpler my form is terrible tho. Trying to not hurt myself for now. I have scheduled meeting with trainer that will look onto my form next thursday since no experienced buddy available.

i just spend way too much time at home and getting depressed but in the meantime im realizing i could get burned out / injured real quick.

My shitty attitude is that i often begin with new things super excited but then i struggle keeping up.

At least with my cardio i have been consistent until now where i got massive sore muscles after doing squats and i have 5k race in sunday so yesterday i just did light cardio today taking break.

Going to attempt 21:30
>>
File: a2b2.jpg (220KB, 1230x947px) Image search: [Google]
a2b2.jpg
220KB, 1230x947px
>>38743714
Thanks anon. Honestly I just want to look good on the beach next summer and I don't care that much about strength or very big gains. Some small gains and definition would leave me very happy as a starting point. I'd like to look good in about 9 months (July '17). Would a bulk and cut cycle like the one you suggested in this time frame allow me to reach something like A2/B2 in pic related?

>>38743886
I'm assuming you just accidentally quoted me.
>>
>>38743803
so with how it is described there: do you have set days for bench/OHP (for example: monday and friday bench and wednesday OHP) and you repeat every week or do you never do the same workout twice in a row? (switching between the two every workout)
>>
>>38744060
Thanks mayne.

Have any decent links on conversion tables; like an all-in-one? Mass, volume, distance, temperature, etc.? I do not feel like going to the library, the place is dirty as fuck.
>>
>>38744175
If you have 9 months then a 6 month bulk into 3 month one would make you look decent, I dunno if you will look like anyone to be fair but if you have average test and genes you should look decent in 9 months as long as you do a good program and be strict with your diet.
>>
>>38744175
>implying girls dont get wet at sight of well pulled off 4A
>>
i was sparring the other day and my buddy got me in an armbar and now my elbow hurts.

i feel a bit of weakness and pain altogether whenever i make the slightest movement. it's not hurting so bad right now after a good night's rest. will some tape help or something?

i want this pain to heal already otherwise ill be focusing on lower body exercises until it heals
>>
Is it possible to get really big and ripped with average test? every big person i know is kinda fat too. i dont know an awful lot about fitness but it seems like the only way to get really big and ripped is through using steroid or having godlike genetics. im not trying to get big and ripped, im genuinely just curious.
>>
Hey /fit/ recently increased my water intake to around a litre each day. Now having to go to the bathroom around every 2 hours. Is this normal? Or does it begin to slow down after sometime?
>>
>>38744253
tbf, most women prefer 2A or 3A. 4A looks unnatural.
>>
>>38741656
This is possibly hyperlordosis. Recommendations is Pilates to straighten it. It helped with mine.

Lie on your back. Using the muscles around the pelvic bone, flatten the spine until it touches the floor. Hold for a few breathes, release. Repeat.
>>
>>38744175
3C here. Just shoot for results. Don't think about it too much. Don't plan to bulk or cut. Just be happy and achieve your goals.
What do you want to loo like? Do you want to be ripped? If so, do you want to be largely ripped? Or ripped and the same size you are now? There you go. Workout accordingly.
>>
>>38744270
Big and ripped in comparison to what? For normies models and anybody with abs is ripped, for fit anybody at 10-15% bfat with 20-30 lbs of muscle is ripped, however for fitness magazines you won't look as ripped as them since they're 99% on juice.

So if your question is to look as big as a guy on juice natty then either give up or hop on the juice.
>>
>>38744286
Because most women are those equivalent body-types?
>>
Best source to get suplementation? Quality/price
MyProtein?

Looking for some Multivitamin/Bcaa
>>
>>38744317
i suppose what i consider really big and ripped is 14 stone at 5'8 and defines abs.

im not trying to get big myself, im not a body builder, i do boxing. im just wondering really because i know alot of normies get into weights expecting to get really big. weight training has become massive in the last few years
>>
Is it just me or does the new ios 10 suck ass
>>
>>38744334
probably because it looks to most attractive to women. 4a looks silly. i dont know why anyone would want to look like 4a.
>>
>>38744278

That seems rather often for only a liter a day. Are you drinking any other beverages during the day? Either way it probably isn't a cause for concern unless you get very thirsty all the time or your piss smells sweet. Have you gotten bloodwork recently?

>>38744264
Ice it up a few times a day, taking some advil will reduce inflammation.
>>
>>38744207
I really need an answer for this
>>
>>38744411
Blood test rather recently however no results of anything noteworthy. Around 1 can of Coke Life each day around dinner time. No sweet smell or thirst. Just an annoyance it's so often. Is this likely to persist or will the body likely adjust to this?
>>
>>38744430

You sound fine, usually frequent urination would be indicative of diabetes or at least pre-diabetes, but not in your case. It sounds like this is something that will persist, because your body adjusts to water intake very quickly (1-2 days) in terms of urination output. Sorry for asking 20 questions but are you sure it's only 1 liter?
>>
>>38744239
>>38744316
Yeah I plan on gaining a little bit of muscle and then just cut and maintain it for as long as possible. Not sure how much you can see from my pic but I really think I have a very small amount of muscle right now so even though I don't care about having big muscles, I need *something* there and that's why I'll try to add some. Whether or not I do it trough a conscious bulk/cut cycle doesn't really matter, but I guess just going to the gym and eating well will improve my looks either way and when I understand a little more of the fitness world I can adjust.
>>
>>38742943
bump
>>
>>38741467
A 6 inch wrist is insanely skinny though. I weigh 140 lbs with a 29.5 inch waist and I have a 6.5 inch wrist. It says that's about right. Your wrists must be disproportionately skinny.
>>
>>38744458
It's fine. I have a 1 Litre bottle that I carry around with me all day so I'm very sure that is all I have. It's a little of annoyance it may continue as I have to step out of lessons and run back and fourth.
>>
Anyone know a good way to get rid of knee pain (constant popping sound when flexing the knee)?
I've been running for around 6 months and got this injury.
I'm planning on getting a stationary bike, do you think this could help?
>>
>>38743737
>the macros were a little fucked up

No, they were a lot fucked up. Lentils are a great side dish, but you need more protein and fats to feel satiated for a long time.
>>
File: dogelog.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dogelog.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
Yesterday I didn't go to the gym because I had the worst day since I got sick and I didn't want to go with a cold.

Today I feel better, not sneezing and I don't have a runny nose.

Should I go today or wait a little more and go on Tuesday? ( Monday will be closed)
>>
I can barely do a lunge with my right leg using 15kg dumbells, whereas I can do several with my left leg.
Should I just do bw lunges and work my way up from there?
>>
>>38744722

I would wait the few days, make sure to get plenty of sleep and drink water.

>>38745013
If you can do more than like 3x12 of BW lunges then add a little weight. Sounds like you should avoid the 15kg dumbbells for now though.
>>
>>38739842
I want to get built, strongfat, bearmode, whatever. Do I do a powerlifter routine with some accessory hypertrophy or a p/p/l with 3x5 on the main lifts?
>>
>>38744722
Don't work out until you have completely recovered, trust me. You might feel fine and then totally fuck yourself over like I did last year.
>>
Don't be angry at me please.
>I'm fat fuck.
>i AM losing weight.
>walking every night.
>still crave big food.
>friends all eat BK, KFC

How can i still eat with my bros and watch my weight.
If i know I'm going out should i make it my only meal for that day?
Should i go out for a longer walk at night?
>>
>>38745511
don't eat with them. make sacrifices
>>
>>38745232
damn read your replies already at the gym, gonna go nice and easy though, just maintain. Thanks
>>
>>38745213
you do your own SS variation, then your own TM variation. why is this so hard to understand
>>
>>38745511

Persuade your bros to eat at places where you can get something healthy and they can still enjoy obesity-food. Most fast food places also have salads, although they usually come with cheese and dressing, but you could probably order it without.

Don't give in and start eating shit food. It's gonna do you more harm to have that as your 1 meal for the day because your cravings will only get worse.
>>
>>38745511
>If i know I'm going out should i make it my only meal for that day?
you should count calories, then you don't have a problem

>Should i go out for a longer walk at night?
sure. good for your heart, but also get enough sleep
>>
>>38744697
go to doctor
>>
Wrist hurts while doing barbell row, what could I be doing wrong?
>>
>>38745969
I'd say you're moving your wrist to get the bar to touch the right place on your torso
>>
I'm a lanky skinny fucker and need to gain some muscle on my upper body, and some general weight.

i'm not in a position that i can cook much and don't have much money , but what do you guys think of this diet as a map? i know, quantity is important, i'm trying to eat more.

-Bananas
-whole milk
-rosted peanuts (also chocolate peanuts as a snack)
-canned tuna
-shredded wheat
-the occasional chicken subway

anything you think i could add that won't cost me too much or require a kitchen ?
>>
>>38746144

When I lived in a dorm without a kitchen, I got the cheapest meal plan and just ate oats/milk for breakfast and a PB sandwich with milk for lunch. For the oats you'll have to wash a bowl, but as long as you eat the whole thing thoroughly you can just wash it in the bathroom sink.
>>
>>38746144
oatz with milk or OJ is /fit/'s usual base
>>
>>38746164
>>38746171
thanks, so you have oats with milk like you would with cereal, not cooked ?
>>
>>38746314
yes, like cereal. I still prefer OJ
>>
>>38746314

Correct. Back in college I would make it in the morning, but I found out recently that if you make it the night before and put it in the fridge, the oats get a lot softer, so I definitely recommend that. Also adding banana makes it delicious.
>>
>>38746314
but be careful: oats are very filling but you want to gain weight. to compensate, also sip your whole milk toughout the day (and count calorie of course)
>>
>>38746334
sounds nasty mixed, but i'll pick up some OJ and have it seperate

>>38746350

i'll try adding fruits and cinnamon to it, but i haven't eaten much of any oats in my lifetime, so i'm not sure how i'd like them yet.
>>
>>38746359
thanks, i'll keep that in mind
>>
I slept 11-13 hours yesterday, that's a good thing for muscle recovery right?
>>
Will Soymilk fuck up my gains?
>>
>>38746414

It's a bit excessive but if you were sleep-deprived from the days prior it's fine. Excess sleep isn't bad for muscle recovery.
>>
File: sleep PP.png (134KB, 585x672px) Image search: [Google]
sleep PP.png
134KB, 585x672px
>>38746414
8 hours is sufficient and testosterone is maximized with 8 hours sleep everyday
>>
>>38746415
probably not. but don't think the protein is as high quality as animal sources. eat more animals
>>
>>38746415

No, soy giving you bitch tits is a meme. Just have a balanced diet and you'll be fine.
>>
File: 20160917_203020.jpg (803KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160917_203020.jpg
803KB, 2048x1152px
Guys, today I began day 1 of SL. Next session I will need 2x1.25 kg plates. So I did them DIY out of coiled steel chain.
Problem is, I just weighted them, the sum of them both is 2.5 kg. However, one is 1.35 and one is 1.15 .
I can't modify them now because of the way I made them.
Is this a problem ? Can I use them or it will injure me ?
>>
File: 20160917_203221.jpg (786KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160917_203221.jpg
786KB, 2048x1152px
>>38746542
I covered it with tape because the chain is rusty
>>
>>38746542
you made your own plates? I'm very impressed
the weight difference might be a problem but not at your trainingsstage. also, the weights in the gym aren't always very accurate either
>>
File: 1441530638298.png (7KB, 473x454px) Image search: [Google]
1441530638298.png
7KB, 473x454px
How much weight should you try to gain per week when bulking
>>
>>38746642
1lb. this happens on a 500cal surplus
>>
File: ching.png (40KB, 213x200px) Image search: [Google]
ching.png
40KB, 213x200px
>>38746542
>>38746565
n-nice craftsmanship anon
>>
>>38746642

Generally 1 lb/week is recommended but I think that unless you're a beginner, you should shoot for around half of that, to minimize fat gains.
>>
>>38746703
that's fucking bullshit. as a beginner the amount of fat you gain on a bulk is LOWER than it is as intermediate
>>
>>38746698
I know they are ugly. but who cares ?
I couldn't find them for sale after weeks of searching. Online shopping is not a thing in my country.
>>
>>38746740

That's what I said. Shoot for 1/2 lb per week, unless you are a beginner.
>>
>>38746763
oops
>>
I need to hit my final workout of the week for SS, legs recover fine, no DOMS at all, but my arms feel a little juiced.

I got sleep and been eating big, obviously not enough though. I didn't go too hard last workout thankfully. What should I eat or do to hit my sets for bench tonight?

I have 5 cups of coffee to drink, shredded wheat, and protein powder. Will it be enough??!?!!
>>
What's better when it comes to calories, quantity or quality? Like for example, what if I can't hit my calorie goal and decide to go have three beers at a bar? Would it have been better to just be 600 calories short?
>>
>>38747000
maybe. if not, try getting like 1 or 2 sets with the new weight and 1 or two with the old

>>38747022
I'd go for the 600 cal short. unless it is for social gains, beer is useless and bad for muscle gains
>>
File: image8.jpg (21KB, 598x450px) Image search: [Google]
image8.jpg
21KB, 598x450px
as recommended here I want to try Greyskull LP. How is this for a start?

Day 1: OHP, Chinups, Tricep Kickbacks, Squat
Day 2: Bench, Curls, Skullcrushers, Deadlift
Day 3: OHP, Chinups, Tricep Kickbacks, Squat

and then as Greyskull suggests keep the Squat and Deadlift days, alternate between the OHP and the Bench Days (and the respective plug-ins)

did I miss anything major? I did SL for half a year but want to focus more on aesthetics now.
>>
File: sets and stuff.png (4KB, 148x256px) Image search: [Google]
sets and stuff.png
4KB, 148x256px
is my program a meme?

"F" is has many reps as can in order to complete for sets
>>
>>38747022

If you're 600 cal short you're not gonna have a caloric surplus so building muscle will be difficult, but I would say that resorting to beer for those calories is an even worse option. I'd rather be short of calories and actually eat healthy.
>>
>>38747209
>4:1 triceps/biceps ratio
Enjoy your tendonitis
>>
>>38747173
as a rule of thumb: pushing movements are enough for triceps, pulling movements are not enough for biceps. you will notice the skullcrushers and kickbacks are just overkill

>>38747209
it's ok I guess. instead of sets of 8 do sets of 6-10. know what I mean? and you will have to regulate the numbers of sets you're doing per exercise to make gains from workout to workout
>>
File: autism.jpg (110KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
110KB, 500x262px
>>38746542
I made you a DIY meme.
>>
>>38747022
In very interested in this as well, like if micronutrients actually contribute to muscle gain
>>
>>38747269
>instead of sets of 8 do sets of 6-10. know what I mean?

not really. care to explain?

>>38747238
I might make room for barbell curls by combining dips and push ups to the same day. 2 sets of each instead of 4 sets of each.
>>
File: UGGGH.png (2MB, 1286x926px) Image search: [Google]
UGGGH.png
2MB, 1286x926px
is it safe to workout if I am feeling doms form my last session? I am feeling it in my biceps, pecs, thighs and butt.
>>
My stomach is bloated lookin how do I fix it?
>>
>>38747415
post pics faggio
>>
>>38747402
Yeah, DOMS is okay to work through. If you're really hurting to the point where basic movement is sore, you can take the day off but you could probably power through it too.
>>
>>38747402
no it's not safe, you might actually tear a muscle. then again if you don't take the risk AND SKIP A FUCKING WORKOUT you're never gonna make it

>>38747415
loose weight, vacuums (suck in your gut), fix anterior pelvic tilt, wait a few hours it might just be the big meal you had
>>
>>38747320

They absolutely do if you are deficient. If you are eating a balanced diet then taking a vitamin shouldn't make a difference though.
>>
How do i go anorexic mode for cutting?
>>
File: anorexia.png (78KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
anorexia.png
78KB, 1366x768px
>>38747592
>>
File: 1453757182430.png (237KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1453757182430.png
237KB, 500x382px
>be fatty
>diet and exercise every day
>see no difference
>compare pics from 2 weeks ago
>actually thinner

feelsgood
>>
>>38747269
Thanks, so you'd recomme d dropping the tricep isolation? On a nother point: What about back work? Maybe some pullups?
>>
as a skinnyfat should i use creatine?
>>
>>38747702
Only if you plan on snorting it off of a hooker's ass
>>
>changing my diet
>look up how many protein I need
>Dutch sources: 1.6x bodyweight, 1.7x or 1.8x
>American sources: 1g per lbs bodyweight, 1.5g, even 2g per lbs bodyweight

According to Dutch sources I need: 68 * 1.7 = 115
According to American sources I need: 150*1.7 = 255

WHAT THE FUCK
That's quite a difference. Some Dutch sources even claim that more than 1.7x kg bodyweight is unhealthy, lowers testosterone and what not.
255 is also really hard to get desu.

What is the truth here?
>>
>>38747687
chinups and deadlifts are the best exercises for back. don't fall for the wide grip pullups give you wide lats meme, you'll only get tendonitis

>>38747702
yes. 5g/day for the rest of your life
>>
is "cutting" just doing cardio and diet? How do I rid me of this fat before I get big gains?
>>
>>38747726
read the fucking sticky
>>
>>38747730
>rest of your life

this sound scary, what if i stop using it?
>>
>>38747736
>>38747737
>>
>>38747737
I need you idiot.
Doesn't stop me from reading other sources than claim something different.

The sticky isn't a fucking bible or whatever that can't be wrong
>>
>>38747759
I read it*

I can't even write properly anymore
>>
>>38747748
Then the amount of creatine present in your muscles will go down.
>>
>>38747748
then you're losing around 3-4kg bodyweight over night and maybe make a litte bit less fast gains

>>38747759
ok here is what I do:
mostly you hear 1g/lb bw and 2g/kg bw so I take the arithmetic mean out of both and make sure I get about 80% of that number out of whey and milk (animal sources = better protein)
>>
>>38747730
Thanks again m8, cheers.
>>
Starting a bulk at the start of October (can't get to a gym until then), I'm a 5'10" 150lbs guy, I have a decent frame and a degree of muscle mass from calisthenics / light dumbbell work (only have up to 30lbs).

Thinking of doing stronglifts + accessories for my bulk, but I fucking hate bb rows. Are weighted pullups an acceptable replacement?
>>
>>38747840
>>38747730
(do weighted chinups)
>>
Is there any chance getting serious health consequences from running 200-250mg of DNP for 2-3 weeks at a time? From what I've read around this seems to be a quite low dose only giving the classic sweating, etc. But I'd really like to be 100% sure of not fucking myself up forever.
Thanks brehs.
>>
>>38747730
>>38747858
Really? Chins? Like, palms facing me? I always heard pullups were the best for back / wide lat development.
>>
Keto bulk
Yes or no?
>>
>>38747874
from my experience, this is a meme
according to king of broscience, arnold schwarzenegger, wide grip make your upper lats wider, smal grip your lower lats. he doesn't talk abou shoulder width grip.
palm facing you/not you is just about biceps involvement
>>
is lifting/exercising a good idea if you're recovering from a cold?(sore throat, runny nose)
>>
>>38747956
yes, not a problem
>>
>>38747970
reasoning? curious
(also i do realize its a dick move for other people there i might infect. im not that autistic)
>>
>>38747981
just my experience. a cold isn't that bad
>>
>>38747915
I did not know that. I usually do 3 sets, with 2 being pulls and the middle set being chins.

Either way, are they a suitable replacement for barbell rows?
>>
How do I bulk as someone who has little to no time for go to the gym to work out?
>>
>>38748084
chinups are included in the classic SS routine, barbell rows not

I think the guy from stronglifts is a barbell fetishist. he wants to make his program as simple as possible with all the 5's and exercises involving a barbell. sounds stupid to me
>>
>>38748104
you want to bulk without working out.

oh boy, give me a moment to let that sink in
>>
>>38748138
I wanna work out but with how things are going, I can't make time to the gym. That's why I'm asking if it's possible or not
>>
>>38748163
you won't put on any muscle, only fat. your body sees no reason for buildung muscle
>>
>>38743394
I worked on my form a lot, my list of cues includes retracting and lowering my scapulae as much as I can, and I make an effort to always use leg drive
I ordered the micropl8s but I guess I'm just shit at benching since I deloaded 2 times from 75, last time I did 70 and did just 5-5-5 struggling on the last rep.
Maybe it's my chest that is even worse than my triceps
Already do weighted dips (forgot to mention), currently at +5kg, 86kg of pure nothing, 3 sets of 10-7-7
Standing rope one arm extension as a much greater rom than lte
>>
>>38748179
Fuck.
>>
Been lifting for 4-5 months now, and while seeing results I'm also slowly losing my motivation. I can't tell if my progress is stalling or not, but I don't feel like my workouts are as intensive as they were, and it's getting harder to drag myself back to the gym. Also I'm getting tired of the old routines. Where do I find more motivation, can you buy some in the grocery store or something?
>>
>>38748268
most of my motivation comes from the making it meme. I hope that some day the pain will ease and I believe fitness is the main thing that gets me there

if you don't want to lift anymore, then don't. and start again when you want to again
>>
Do you lose nutrients if you shit too much? I go 3 times a day. Aren't nutrients absorbed slowly thru the digestive track? So like, if it's not a compacted piece of literal shit, am I losing gains?
>>
>>38748268
I was lifting weights since 13 and never made more progress than normal puberty gains. Until I was 18 and bought starting strength, the actual book, not just some online routine. I have never been happier.
>>
Yesterday I did squat, bench press, and barbell row. Today my left arm, the part just above the elbow on the inside is pretty sore, but my right arm is completely fine. Does this mean I did the bench press or barbell row incorrectly, using mainly only left arm?

If it matters I did pretty poorly on the bench press since I increased my weight to 45 lbs, I wasn't really going straight up or down near the end.
>>
>>38739842
1) Are there any dangers to super-low body fat? I'm talking 10-pack level.
2) Are there any meats that I should avoid? I know how shit bacon really is, but what about other things?
>>
>>38748325
either you had an asymetric form and one arm was more stressed then the other or one arm is simply stronger, your form was symmetric and therefore your weaker arm was more stressed

>>38748380
you can't reach that level without steroids because your body will rather burn muscles than fat and you'll end up auschwitz mode

the fat that comes with meat is usually the problem. try getting lean meats
>>
>>38748379
>>38748433
sry, replied to the wrong person
>>
Is PSMF just keto kept under 1000 calories?
>>
>>38739842
Ate a fuck load of veggies today(spinash, carrot, green beans, brocolli), at lunch and dinner
then I had a chocolate mousse a while ago

took a shit and it was okay, a bit to the liquid side but i guess its normal
then I was chilling here and my stomach made this weird noises and I felt something happening there
went to the bathroom and took a big shit, all liquid it seems(but not diahrrea like) and now i think im on to round 2

am I going to die? is this normal?
I feel ok

I've been having more thick and to the liquid sides shits than just solid logs since I've switched to a more variety diet with more fiber
is this fine/normal? been like this for a month or more
>>
File: beef.jpg (79KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
beef.jpg
79KB, 720x960px
>>38748433
not him but is this lean beef?
>>
I'm 215 pounds and I've started trying to get fit.

I'm eating 1300kcal a day, but in an attempt to reach my 200g protein macro I've switched to a lot more protein rich food. Since then I've been feeling a lot less hungry throughout the day (but still a little dizzy sometimes). Is this a normal thing with eating lots of protein vs. eating a lot of empty carbs like I used to?

I'm worried I'm not tracking my calories right or something, but everything I eat I log in MyFitnessPal and I'm consistently in the 1250-1300kcal range.

Am I doing something wrong, or am I just adjusting to the new diet? It's only been a week, I feel like I should still be getting the hunger pangs like in the first 2 days.
>>
>>38748929
dont worry bruh, sound like you're doing great. as long as you're not purposely cheating, myfitnesspal is pretty good. just to be sure get a kitchen scale and weight your portions
>>
>>38748681
Pretty much
Read the ebook, It's short
>>
>>38743138
bump???
>>
>>38748929
200g is too much, bad for your livers.

0.7g per lb is more than enough

I've been following that for 2 months in my cut and I have lost no visible muscle mass and maintained strength(went up on my OHP by 2.5kg )
>>
>>38749029
Sticky says;

Cutting Diet:
Calories: TDEE - 500 calories
Protein: 1.5+ grams per lb. bodyweight

though
>>
>>38749042
yet there's been studies and shit floating around /fit/ and 0.7g is the optimal, more is just a meme.
enjoy getting jewed by the fitness industry or wasting more money on food

the sticky is shit and needs to be updated

I also used to eat 180g protein until I realized I was fucking myself health-wise and throwing cash out of the window
>>
>>38749068
Well I was this guy >>38747726

And I'm just getting more and more confused.
All I know is that all this 'you must have X amount in your diet" might as well be complete bullshit because everyone says different things.

I guess I will just stick to between 1.5 times kg bodyweight and 1.7
>>
>>38749104
ye thats fine, I'd go 1.5 but your choice

I'm doing that and it's working wonders, I've been cutting at 500deficit though so if you go over that you might need more protons

don't fall into the fitness industry tricks, the human body needs 50-70g of protein for a regular non-lifting human bean
>>
File: progress.jpg (58KB, 641x638px) Image search: [Google]
progress.jpg
58KB, 641x638px
is my OHP correlating with the other lifts or do I suck especially at it?
>>
>>38749188
The fuck did you do when you tre less cals, lost weight but gained bf%?
>>
File: 71.2-8kg.jpg (71KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
71.2-8kg.jpg
71KB, 720x960px
I'm like 15%bf, no more than that(pic related, towel is hiding a bit of lovehandles which is where it seems all my fat is)
I want to reach 10%bf, do I need to look into lyte mcdonalds for stubborn fat loss(dont you just lose it anyways if you keep a deficit) or am I fine with just going with the -500 deficit

he seems to suggest stuff that would kill me, doing heavy compounds and boxing all this 6 days out of 7 every week(only get saturday to rest of both activities) and trying a bigger deficit with low carbs and fats seems like I would die or some shit
>>
So I'm 6'4 200lbs 26yo. Should I even try if I plan to stay natty?
>>
>>38749206
I measured wrong before. I'm measuring BF% now a little bit more conservative, for safety reasons, because I really blew up
>>
>>38739842

>2000 calories a day deficit
>run every day
>lift every day
>lose 15lbs
>go UP a pants size

What the fuck did I do wrong?

And before anyone asks it's the exact same brand/style of pants.
>>
>>38749206
I need to add, I was also sick and stopped GOMAD for 3 days, which causes you to lose water and increases your BF%
>>
>>38749255
You're counting wrong, in everything
>>
>>38749282

What?
>>
I got some cheap calipers off amazon and cant figure out how to fucking use it
even saw their video on youtube explaining and it didnt help
>>
>>38749255

Bigger legs makes you need bigger pants. If your waistline got bigger then I can't help you.
>>
>>38749354

It's both. It's mainly legs but the waist got tight as well.

I can't figure out how the fuck it happened.
>>
How much am I supposed to intake on a refeed?
I've been averaging 1,200 kcal on this cut, going as low as 500 kcal for some days. 30-45 mins fasted cardio HR 170 BPM.

Just wondering because I'm at 1,800 kcal right now and I need to hit up a cousin's bday party and they make bomb food. I'm thinking of stopping around 2,300-2,800. But I could also just slam vodka until I need to leave.

Maintenance is 2,700 without cardio.
>>
Friends found my stash of Anadrolone and HGH and now think I'm on steroids. They're trying to keep me from the gym now, do I just drop these gains goblins?
>>
>>38749454

This is satire right?
>>
>>38749226
>>38749226
>>38749226
also, what do I put in activity level when I lift 3x week(i sweat like a pig and heavy compounds make me breath hard and tire me hard since I learned abdominal bracing) and do boxing?
both 3x week
>>
>>38749410
>refeed
>anorexia
>meme diet
>meme life

Take a long hard look at yourself
>>
>>38749454
I know this is too stupid of a bait because you should already know what to do if friends/family find your stash.

Tell them to fuck off and stop looking through your shit. There are too many ignorant people in the world that you don't need to make compromises for.

The same type of people who swipe around your phone when you let them look at ONE picture.
>>
File: Nazi girls.jpg (170KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
Nazi girls.jpg
170KB, 720x479px
How long can I keep up linear progression?
This summer I started really focusing on leg strength because before I hardly worked legs and became top heavy in terms of strength. I started with 5x5 1pl8 squat and 2pl8 deadlift after, three times a week. First I increased the weight by 10 lbs each gym session until I reached 2pl8 for squats and 3pl8 for deadlifts (not that I couldn't do these before, but to help get form down). Since then I've been increasing weight by 5lbs each session, most recently did 5x5 of 285 lbs on squat and 1x5 of 375 on deadlift.

When do you guys think I won't be able to continue with such progression?
>>
Started wearing my Chucks outside of the gym, then realized I now need new dedicated gym-shoes. Should I just get more Chuck Taylors or go for something dedicated for weightlifting? Does it even matter?
Similarly, any real difference between mens and womens versions of the same weightlifting shoes? For instance, I see male and female Powerlifts. I know in normal shoes girls can often get away with wearing guys' shoes. Does that work in this case? Does it go both ways? Bisexual shoes?
>>
>>38743379
salt & pepper
hot sauce
>>
how otter can I get with doing
20 pullups
100 pushups
200 situps
and 30 mins run

3x a week
>>
>>38749725
I got Adidas powerlift shoes, good for squats, bench and ohp, pretty cheap on amazon if you wait for a sale, and deadlift slippers (super cheap) for diddlys.
>>
just got out of a 4 year relationship

meeting a girl from tinder tonight for drinks

Do i try to fuck her? Do 22-26 year olds fuck on first time meetings now?
>>
>>38749767
>>38749767
New thread
>>38749767
>>38749767
>>
>>38743590
Then why ask it again? You are not a beginner any more when you stop progressing linearly.
>>
>>38749805
No.
and
>/fit/?
>>
>>38749821
i didnt think it deserved its own thread and at least 50% of my attractiveness comes from my physique so that makes the question vaguely relevant i think
>>
>>38749805
yes and yes.
>>
>>38749886
I guess it depends on your goal. If you want to meet up with a loose woman and have sex with her then go ahead, but why bother asking /fit/ then?
>>
>>38749821
>>38749902
who do i trust
>>
>>38745969
>>
>>38746542
One end of a 20+ kg bar being 0.2 kg heavier than the other is not ever going to be a problem. Good work anon.
>>
>>38747402
Yes, DOMS goes away when the muscle gets warm, and mine didn't even last a week when I started as a DYEL. Don't listen to >>38747472 .

And I am halfway through S02 of Impractical jokers for the second time.
>Easy peasy. I'm gonna blast two suppositories up your ass and call me in the morning.
>Do you plan on driving while you're on your period?
Is S05 done already at 18 episodes?
>>
>>38749029
>>38749042
http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
>>
>>38749950

I'm a KV that's never used Tinder but if you are looking for a relationship with this girl, don't fuck on the first night. If you're just looking to get your dick wet, then go for it.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.