[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does it feel to slip a disc?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: slip-disc.jpg (30KB, 465x226px) Image search: [Google]
slip-disc.jpg
30KB, 465x226px
How does it feel to slip a disc?
>>
youre most likely to herniate the disc at l4/l5 and l5/s1 , in this case you would feel a pain down your hamstrings known as sciatica, see a doctor immediately. herniated discs in other regions are much rarer but can occur, you would experience pain and in other areas numbness.
>>
>>38738330
You"ll more than likely feel like a popping sensation and your back will stiffen up a bit. After this walking might be uncomfortable for a bit and you just stand there like an idiot and wonder if you went to snap city or not. If the pain is real intense and sharp immediately after the incident then its probably a hernia.
>>
>>38738367
Also what anon >>38738347 said might happen after the fact depending on the direction of the bulge/hernia and location of the disc
>>
Just to clarify, I haven't herniated a disc (the most I diddy is 3.5pl8). I feel no numbness or anything like that. I'm just curious about how it feels to goto snab city
>>
>>38738393
just so you know lots of people have bulged discs, so the chance of herniation is there
>>
>>38738393
>the most i diddy is 3.5pl8
You can go to snap city picking something up that only weighs 50 lbs
>>
>>38738421
>>38738443

You are scarring me, but again no signs or symptoms, no discomfort walking or numbness etc. But will do proper form out of pure terror
>>
let your spine unwind just take a risk
>>
>>38738330

When I herniated a couple of discs in my lower back, it just felt like a dull pain back there that got more and more intense and sharper as I started to lean forward. I could basically only til my upper body forward 5 or 10 degrees before the pain was unbearable. Walking upright was tolerable, though.
>>
Was doing a diddle and it felt like someone ripped the muscle off my spine. I dont diddle anymore
>>
>>38738656

I could basically only tilt*
>>
>>38738656
I can touch my toes I swear guys I'm OK, but thanks for the concern. With that said did you manage you recover?
>>
>>38738775

Yeah, I recovered. I was fairly young when it happened. PT and rest got me up and running again.
>>
>>38738347
>in this case you would feel a pain down your hamstrings known as sciatica,

this can also be piriformis syndrome
>>
>>38738330
it's extremely painful
>>
>>38738826
SCIAAATICA-AH-AH-AH-OH-OOH.
>>
File: caffornicator very sad.png (42KB, 376x435px) Image search: [Google]
caffornicator very sad.png
42KB, 376x435px
Me mum has like six slipped disks by now, because of old age and too much work with bad posture.

She's in constant pain because they squeeze down on the nerves in her spine.

I wouldn't wish it on an enemy.
>>
>>38739474
I've had this shit, it is horrible. I lost the ability to walk for a good while until I took medicine to get the pressure out. Apparently I have herniated disk but the tissue between the vertebrae are also wearing out.

Bros help me what do I do at this point, I can't hit it like before. Do I just quit and do at home exercises? Is it over?
>>
>>38739858
https://billstarrr.blogspot.com/2012/01/rehabbing-lower-back.html
>>
What's the blue ball in the middle ?
>>
>>38738330
it feels good
>>
>Tweaked back a few days ago
>Think I just strained a muscle or something
>Starting to think I may have sipped a disk
>Everything will probably be fine in a week or so when by back recovers

Fuck I hate being such a hypochondriac sometimes.
>>
>>38738330
like chewing 5gum
>>
>>38738330

like a bag of sand
>>
>>38740126
see the herniated disc on the right with the white shit spilling out
I'd guess that's the white shit
>>
>>38738347
>youre most likely to herniate the disc at l4/l5 and l5/s1 , in this case you would feel a pain down your hamstrings known as sciatica,
>tfw I have this
plus disc degeneration, but its only a concentric annular tear at my L5-S1 tho.

Shit's whack since I can feel it traveling down to my glutes > quad > knee

I hate this.
>>
>>38738330
felt like lightning going through my spine when i ruptured one during sumo deadlifts

after that prolonged dull pain with sharp stings from my back down to my left toes when doing specific movements
>>
>>38741552

was your form good
>>
oh look it's a thread for deadlift meme victims
>>
>>38739474
D'OH JEEEEEEEESHUUUUUSSSSSH
>>
Can i just get an xray and see if it's all ok?
I've had sciatic pain in my leg in the recent past but I think it was from me sitting too muvh.
I've had though a discomfort in my right lower back for a while.
It started a while ago when deadlifting, was having trouble bringing it up
>>
>>38738330

Like pennies and sour milk
>>
>>38741358
Kek
>>
I slipped a disc playing goalie during an indoor soccer match. Second worst sensation I've ever had.

Twist and bent to stop the ball. Feel something go on my spine. Back immediately stiffened up and I felt so much pain. It hurt to breath.

Three mates helped me into my car and I drove myself home on tears. Had to ring my parents to come get me out of the car. Took 4 paracetamol tablets and 2 valium, laid down on my bed and passed out. Had the next 8 days off work. Had to roll out of bed every morning because I couldn't sit up. Took about 2.5 months to fully recover and be able to tie my shoelaces without any pain.
>>
>>38739474
that filename
top kek you ass
>>
I have a bulging disc from before I started lifting. Am I at greater risk in my deadlift or squats?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.