[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get motivated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1439346831435.jpg (57KB, 554x527px) Image search: [Google]
1439346831435.jpg
57KB, 554x527px
Hey /fit/
Very new, barely ever used fit.
Recently my friend took his life, in his suicide note he detailed that he wanted me to succeed etc..
One thing he wanted me to do was get fit, lose weight. I just can't find the motivation though.
No job, no money, I'm currently extremely depressed and can't get any energy to do anything.
When I run or do anything strenuous I get extremely sick, nauseous, and agitated. I just feel terrible for doing nothing, and I don't know how to start getting that motivation I need.
>>
Sorry to hear about your friend.
Find your TDEE and eat 500 calories less than your maintenance.
>>
I found that going to a gym and doing cardio gave me energy I haven't had in years. I now wake up early in the day and actually have the will and energy to do shit in the day. Also it helped with my depression and anxiety, the sick feeling basically reduced to nothing afterwards. If you can find a way, I'd get a gym membership. It'll sound harsh, but don't do it for your friend who basically gave up, do it for yourself. You'll never succeed otherwise
>>
>>38725640
Gotta wait for another suicidal friend to tell you to read the fucking sticky
>>
>>38725720
Well that's extremely insensitive
>>
>>38725695

I'm in the exactly opposite situation, I had to tell my parents to kick me from bed because I don't even listen the alarm clock
>>
>>38725751
Insensitivity?
In my 4chan?

It's more likely than you think.
>>
>>38725640
Your friend gave up his life and specifically asked your for a favor, but you still can't find the will to lose weight? You're pathetic. Maybe you should join him.
>>
Damn man.

My coworker committed suicide the 7th. He was 18. I had known him since he was 15. Shit hurts man. A lot. He left behind a lot of people who cared about him. I won't get over it for a while bro.

Find an exercise you really enjoy and do it honestly.

I would lift and I would go 4 days in a row then slack then go back then slack. It just wasn't for me.

I started boxing and I've been going 6 days in a row every week and eating clean. I feel motivated and determined. Just find something you like doing bro.

When it comes to running just keep going. I don't like running either but it is a really good workout .
>>
File: bait kronk.jpg (41KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
bait kronk.jpg
41KB, 500x294px
Unpopular answer? Fuck your friend. Just cuz he an hero'd doesn't mean he can rack up points from the grave by guilting you into lifting heavy things and putting them down, if you don't actually want to.

Just be like every other normie on earth who can't find the motivation to work out. Keep eating party pizzas and watching netflix for hours until you go to bed and let your mind race for a while before you finally get to sleep for a couple hours of solid rest before you wake up groggy for the next cycle of your miserable existence.

Seriously, if that's what you want to do deep down, I wholeheartedly say you need to contact your friend's ghost and tell him to fuck off.

Of course, working out tends to fix those petty problems in most people's lives like being depressed and out of energy, so maybe your buddy was onto something. In that case if you want to take the plunge, rEaD tHe FuCkiNg sTiCKy niGGer
>>
>>38726971
>working out fixes being depressed
LUL, I've lifted for 4 years without breaks and I'm finna KMS:)
>>
>>38725640

Just force yourself to eat right and exercise for two weeks, literally force yourself to do it, then take a day off and go back to your routine from before.

I fell off the wagon today, fucked up everything, and hate myself so much that if I ever have another day like this I will kill myself.

There is no feeling on earth worse than this. For the first time ever I genuinely feel like I've failed myself.

I already know tomorrow is going to suck and my gut hurts now from the food. You can't imagine how much motivation I have to never be here again.
>>
>>38725640
>Recently my friend took his life, in his suicide note he detailed that he wanted me to succeed etc..
>One thing he wanted me to do was get fit, lose weight. I just can't find the motivation though.

Honestly, if that's not enough motivation for you, I don't know what else to tell you.
>>
>>38725640
1) Go to the gym
2) Find your 5rep max for each of the five core lifts (Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Overhead Press, Rows)
3) Go to strengthstandards.com and use their calculator to find your one rep maxes.
4) Generate a program (Maybe start with Madcow 5x5)
5) Download myfitnesspal on your phone and use it to calculate your maintenance (caloric intake which maintains your current weight)
6) Consume 500 calories fewer than your maintenance while taking in the maximum amount of protein.
7) stick to your workout, continue to browse /fit/ for tips.

I think that pretty much covers it. Oh! Don't forget to do at least 10 minutes of cardio after each workout.
>>
>>38726971
>that projection
>implying your life isn't exactly what you described with a little addition of squats 3 times a week
>>
>>38725640
Embrace the suck.
>>
>motivation

Like such things matter. You want it, get off your ass and do it. >>38730485 said it best.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.