[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My father might be diabetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: iu[1].jpg (151KB, 1698x1131px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
151KB, 1698x1131px
I'll greentext for readability.

>Be fat.
>Entire family is fat.
>Be skinniest fat person at 50lbs overweight.
>Start losing weight because 20 and don't want to go through 20's being fat.
>Family jokes around, doesn't want to participate/help.
>Get left out of family events because they're all food-centric and nobody wants to cook planned meals w/me.
>Dad is getting tired all the time, easily 100lbs overweight
>Prediabetic last time he had a checkup
>Might be diabetic now
>The look of sorrow and frustration on his face when he starts seriously worrying he might be diabetic
>Goes to get fast food with my sister while I'm cooking s'more of my food and offer to help them out.

I've only started whittling down my weight (Not even at 10 lbs yet, but only halfway through the month), and past drama aside, I don't want any of my family to eat themselves into disability, but nobody besides me mum seems to care, and even she won't listen to any real dietary advice.

You guys have any experience getting your families to join you? I don't want my sister entering high school a fat chick/fucking up her skin with stretchmarks like I did.
>>
My whole family is family overweight, and so was my brother and I. When we lost weight we offered to help them but they didn't listen.
Sorry I can't help but I'm curious too.
>>
My parents make so many excuses that i just avoid the topic of health all together.
My mother was able to convince herself that she shouldn't exercise because it makes her heart beat too quickly and gets her winded.
What's worse is my mom has Type 1 diabetes (juvenile) and refuses to eat healthy or at least try to take care of herself. But is constantly saying how she's going to start dieting.
My dad is a lazy, weak willed pos.
I have completely given up on them.
>>
>>38723753
try to motivate them as best as u can, but remember just because your family is your family it doesn´t make it automatically good people or determined. Some people lose their determination within diabetic fatass years, some in their childhood and some never...

i think some people may never come out of their accommodativeness
>>
OP,

You can't change anyone, only they can. I suggest you read the parable called "The Bridge". It's a good one to read if you want to help other people. Otherwise, you end up hating yourself for not saving others. Realize that others are not your responsibility. You are only responsible for you. What they do is on them. Hopefully your sister can see how shitty eating will affect her when she sees her dad injecting insulin. Just be there for her and your mom when they both finally see that this isn't what they want and support them. They may be gung-ho about it at first when they finally take that step, but there will be a lot of resistance. All you can be is supportive, but they have to make that choice.
>>
>>38724054
This is the one I'm referring to:

http://www.thecruxmovie.com/pdf/TheBridgeShortStory.pdf
>>
>>38724086
>http://www.thecruxmovie.com/pdf/TheBridgeShortStory.pdf
Thanks for linking the read, Anon.
>>
Yeah I got my family to do GOMAD now they all have diabetes
>>
>>38724200
kek
>>
>>38724200
And even fatter than before
>>
How fat do you have to be to develop diabetes? Sometimes I feel like I have some of the symptoms but I'm only 184lbs
>>
>>38724446
Gotta gain weight to lose weight
>>
>>38724496
I think it can happen at any weight if you treat your system like shit, but the risk increases the longer and fatter you are.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.