[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Veg protein vs whey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: prd_118581_c_xxl_f9fa2-68adc.jpg (77KB, 794x795px) Image search: [Google]
prd_118581_c_xxl_f9fa2-68adc.jpg
77KB, 794x795px
So a friend of mine has started taking all "vegetable protein powder" inmediatly talking shit about whey. His arguments are:

-Veggie protein is x1000 better, you absorb 100% of it so you need way less compared to whey protein.

-Whey is chemical and you shit what you don't absorb because your body can't absorb it as well as veggie (wut?)

Honestly to me sounds like vegan brainwash.

What I have read is that whey actually has more aminoacids than veggie and has a higher bioavailability so it is actually more effective.

So is there any truth in his claims? is it worth the x10 pricetag and shit taste?

Anyone has a link to a real study? always been curious about the protein absorbtion myths.
>>
>>38718366
It's all the same shit, who fucking cares. It might be better it might not be.
Either way it shouldn't be your main source of protein. It's meant to be a supplement.

With that in mind, the price difference most likely isn't worth it.
>>
Just google PDCAAS
>>
skip both buy REAL food instead
>>
>>38718366
you should get better friends, op.
>>
>>38718366
The guy at GNC said the has double the daily recommended limit of cadmium and other toxic metals.

I couldn't be arsed to look it up because vegan proteins taste and feel like granulated shit.
>>
>>38718936
This. Unless your 200lbs @ 8% BF you don't fucking need to supplement your protein intake.
>>
>>38718366
>What I have read is that whey actually has more aminoacids than veggie and has a higher bioavailability so it is actually more effective.

This is correct.
>>
>>38719053
No, same aminos and bioavailability as any animal-based. Lrn2read labels
>>
>>38718366
>Cholesterol free
that's like writing "Sugar free" on a bottle of oil
>>
>>38718366
You need to murder the fucking vegan hippies that told you that shit. The reason they don't like Whey is because it's the cremated remains of baby cows.

Fuck the cows, drink the real protein.
>>
>>38718366
You could step it up and get multi component which is better than whey.

But it's true, protein powder industry is disgustingly fraud, you almost hear news story's about exammiarion tests of almost all brands on a daily basis, with shitty results.
But that doesn't excludes your friends meme powder.
>>
>>38719569
>The reason they don't like Whey is because it's the cremated remains of baby cows.
wait what
>>
I've noticed pea protein doesn't make me as gassy as whey or casein, so I keep it at work to supplement. If I'm at home, IDGAF.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.