[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will just focusing on achieveing a 50kg weighted pull up and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: AY9Xl.png (46KB, 431x432px) Image search: [Google]
AY9Xl.png
46KB, 431x432px
Will just focusing on achieveing a 50kg weighted pull up and a 30kg weighted ring dip ensure me a big and developed upper body?
>>
>>38715756
I would add Overhead press and Deadlift. Ive been ignoring deadlifts for years, i can do a 71kg weighted pull up but my lower back is shit
>>
>>38715756
Add some Rows (inverted/bent-over/pendlay) and overhead presses/handstand pushups and you are set.

Just a tip: The key to healthy shoulders that can withstand the heavy stress weighted dips carry is to have evenly developed musculature around them and a SLOW progression to let the connective tissue adapt.
>>
>>38715756
big, probably
developed?
dips put huge pressure on your shoulder and elbow joints
incorrect pullup movements are easy to learn if you lack the mobility and strength in your shoulder stabilisers and lats

If those are your goals, realise that you're going to do accessory training and lots of stretching and joint mobility work to do it safely
>>
>>38715798
what you mean by slow progression?
>>
>>38715756
I can do 30kg dips (on bars) for 8 reps and 35 kg chins for 5 and I wouldn't say that I have a big and developed upper body
>>
File: dfg.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
dfg.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>38716357
>pic related
not bad but not that big
>>
>>38715756
>50kg weighted pull up
>50kg

why?
>>
>>38716349
This progression.
>>
>>38715769
>>38715798
>>38715809
>>38716402
I know I have to do the other main compounds and 3-4 accessories, but I meant making weighted pull ups and weighted ring dips as main lifts, doing them at the very beggining of my workout (I do push / pull [AxBx repeat])
>>
>>38716375
that's pretty good brah, dont beat yourself down
what did you do for those nice traps?
>>
>>38716375
You look like you have seen some shit, bro.
>>
File: zfvsd.jpg (61KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
zfvsd.jpg
61KB, 640x640px
>>38716510
>nice traps
Really? thanks. Just deadlifts (175kg 1rm), 3x8-12 trap-bar shrugs 2 times a week and standard rows and chins.

>>38716521
yeah i've seen myself be a fat fuck kek

OP there is actually a guy at my gym who is as strong as that and he is smaller than me. Diet and genetics will probably determine how big you are at that level
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.