[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop binging?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1467817818486.jpg (36KB, 554x739px) Image search: [Google]
1467817818486.jpg
36KB, 554x739px
How do I fucking stop binging and breaking my diets? It is literally destroying my life. Starting medical school in 5 months and I want to make a good first impression, but I can't continue my diets.

I am 19, 220 lbs, 5'9. Please fucking help me fit, you are my last hope.
>>
>>38712619
You're depressed and/or you don't cope with stress well.
>>
Stop being so focused on food and get entertaining hobbies (that doesn't include video games or watching netflix)

That's basically it.

t. ex-binger, haven't binged in years.
>>
There's a book called Brain Over Binge that should help. Make sure you deal with the emotional issues causing you to binge or you'll just replace one vice with another.
>>
its ur brain, fix ur problems in life
>>
>>38712619
You need to shave back your calories but probably not as much as you are doing. Really give it a go counting calories, don't drop them too low.

Also you are your last hope, not a bunch of people on a website that could careless.

Do it for yourself, imagine looking back on medical school not being in shape?
>>
File: 1472392610811.jpg (123KB, 853x739px) Image search: [Google]
1472392610811.jpg
123KB, 853x739px
>>38712619
>>
>>38712632
>>38712642
>>38712643
>>38712645
>>38712647

It feels like you all addressed my main problems pretty accurately. Gonna check this stuff out, thanks.

I am not bulimic or anything to be clear, I just cant stop eating from time to time.
>>
>>38712713

I used to binge eat due to school stress. What helped me was drinking more water, or tea when I wanted to eat something when I shouldnt. Also pounding coke zeros are way better than eatting desserts.

Finally, for the love of god do not start smoking or turn to alcohol to manage stress.
>>
>>38712619
PsyD here.

You are allowing certain buttons that trigger that response.

You need to rewire the response to something better/healthier.

Go for a walk, do pushups, crunches, go sprint, go pound glasses of water make that the response you take to stop.
>>
Get some L-glutanine, that is a cravings curber, it's pretty effective you'll find, just take as many as you need.

It comes in capsules or powder/mix, and you can find it for sure at GNC, not very pricey at all either.
>>
>>38712643

So I take it you didn't actually read that book because it preaches the exact opposite of "people overeat due to emotional issues"

When you diet, your body thinks food is scarce. When you eat, the brain tells you to eat as much as you can because it doesn't know when it will get to eat again.

Next time you go to binge, just remember you will get to satisfy your hunger at your next meal and that food isn't a scarcity for you
>>
>>38712619
Don't go to med school. I'll binge eat to stress get super fat and will at 30 be a obese and in debt.
>>
>>38714777
Ya but you can retire before 60 and enjoy your ending years
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.