[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Back pain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (7KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 204x204px
I have pain in the red area in the pic. Pretty sure it's due to overexteding during the push press.

Question: should I take a week off and wait for the pain to subside then concentrate on correct technique, or continue lifting and try to correct technique now?

Also, any tips for correcting technique other than vids?
>>
Former
>>
>>38704552

Just continue lifting and fix your shit, as long as there's no pain. Don't go maxing out or anything obviously, find a weight you can do with good form and proceed from there.

Overextending in overhead movements is usually just due to getting lazy with the abs and not squeezing the fuck out of them. Some people find that squeezing your glutes helps, but the midsection bracing is the main thing. A belt helps.
>>
>>38704552
Back Extensions helped me a lot OP. Although if it's more than just muscular pain they could fuck your shit up.
>>
>>38704610
This OP
It's probably just acute lumbago
You can continue to lift, as long as it doesn't provoke any pain.
>>
Just lift through it...take some ibuprofen before you lift.
>>
>>38704708
do NOT take pain killers before you lift OP
This anon is fucking retarded
You want to know if you are doing something wrong, not camouflage it.
>>
OP here. I doubt it's serious. I'm relatively new so I'm not lifting huge weights and haven't been lifting for years with incorrect technique.

Think I'll take this week off. And restart next week with lighter weights; concentrating on technique ( was also told staggering my stance would help while my lower back strengthened)
>>
>>38704725
You can still feel when you're causing damage whilst on ibrupofen......I didn't tell him to take diamorphine you melodramatic retard.
>>
File: -thread.png (708KB, 1755x1243px) Image search: [Google]
-thread.png
708KB, 1755x1243px
>>38704552
>>
>>38704824
You can also still feel pain while taking diamorphine
ibuprofen hides those small aches, that you are supposed to watch out for when you have acute lumbago. If you don't then the lumbago will just tighten more up, which is not what you want.
Besides combining ibuprofen with exercise is very bad for your gut barrier function
>>
>>38704883
>hides those small aches,

AFTER YOU'VE CAUSED THEM.

Also nice broscience on the gut barrier bullshit. If the guys guts are so sensitive he should get himself referred to a GI consultant.
>>
>>38704957
>AFTER YOU'VE CAUSED THEM.
Yes? Thats my point, he caused them, he is not supposed to camouflage and hide them with painkillers, they are there for a reason.

>broscience
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22776871
This is all i could be arsed to find at this moment.
This has nothing to do with sensitivity, combining ibuprofen with exercise will cause problems sooner or later. Especially if he listens to your fucking retarded advice, and keeps on doing it.
You have NO FUCKING CLUE about the dangers of over the counter painkillers. You have NO clue about the side effects recent years of research has shed light on.

Stop posting on this site you fucking weasel
>>
If you still have pain now (especially when you're just sitting around not exercising) take the week off. Lower back is one of those areas you really don't want to fuck around with when it comes to injury and recovery. Even if it seems relatively minor now, a reinjury in that same spot can make it 100x worse.

However if you're stubborn and don't want that week of rest, do what others here suggested. No maxing out on anything with lower back strain for a bit, lower the weight and make sure your form is good. Use a belt with any exercise that might put stress on it.

Please keep in mind that injuries tend to "feel" better before they actually are.

Best of luck with the recovery.
>>
>>38705039
Suck my dick. I didn't even read all that bullshit. You sound like my mom. "Don't take all those protons anon. You'll fuck your kidneys"

> ibuprofen
> over the counter
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.