[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FULL BODY BASE LIFT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: imagesNJCSVZEC.jpg (9KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
imagesNJCSVZEC.jpg
9KB, 223x226px
I WANT YOUR OPINION!

I just had an discussion with a friend.

I do a 40 minute warm up With 40 minutes of lifting every day.

As an example a work out might look like this:
>40 minute jump rope
>40 minutes of slow progression pyramid squat

I do it in this order: Bench-day, deadlift-day, squat-day and barbell row-day.

My friend says I should switch out barbell row With millitary press. I disagree because I thing I get the remaining muscles better With a dorian row. It would also hit my biceps. He is adiment about millitary press being the better option, so I get insecure about my program and want Your opinions on pros and cons about doing this.

I also wonder about the timing of the lifts. I feel my lower back is tired on barbell-row day, but currently I can perform my lifts. Perhaps I should do Barbell row first thing in the week instead of last?

Please help me out.
>>
>>38702900
Common guys!

Pretty trap Link is asking you by the Campfire!

If you don't give a good answer you will never be good enough to deserve Link's affection.
>>
File: chest-biceps-triceps.png (94KB, 280x371px) Image search: [Google]
chest-biceps-triceps.png
94KB, 280x371px
Here is day one muscles
>>
Here is day two
>>
This is day three
>>
Now this what im currently going with on day four. But my friend says millitary press is better.
>>
File: silmilitaryshoulderpress.gif (10KB, 200x262px) Image search: [Google]
silmilitaryshoulderpress.gif
10KB, 200x262px
>>38703111
I mean

This isnt looking obviously better.

Do somebody know more specific about these exercises?
>>
File: sadcat-136391832122002601.jpg (73KB, 464x615px) Image search: [Google]
sadcat-136391832122002601.jpg
73KB, 464x615px
Can anybody please help?
>>
>>38702900
Its not better then the other.

They are different exercises and hit different muscle groups. Both should be in your routine.
>>
Stop doing your own shitty program. Read the sticky and choose SS/SL/GSLP.
Now that you have your answer, delete this shit thread.
>>
>>38703271
I only have room for one of them
>>
>>38703275
I do wheightlifting on top of mma. So i just do the most important lifts.
>>
Do barbell row. It compliments benchpress better. You get what you need on your posterior from bench and the row will do the anterior.

I would only go millitary press if i did pull ups and dips instead of bench.
>>
>>38703276
then your routine is wrong

read my first post
>>
>>38703385
I do mma so i get most of my strength and conditioning from there. I am adding wheightlifting on top of that.

I have a real hobby, friends and a life. Im not a basic gymrat loser lifting in hopes of "making it" or finally losing his virginity. Im trying to squeeze in a full body work out with the barbell.
>>
>>38703406
how can u spend 40 mins with 1 exercise?
>>
>>38702900
Nigga you jump rope for 40 solid minutes to warmup? You'd have to be going at like 30rpm. I used to box amateur and pro, rarely skipped for that long in one hit. That's solid endurance work.

Your shoulders and calves wouldn't be warm, they would be on fire, and useless for heavy lifting.

Also skipping for a warmup is a bad idea, high impact for knees/ankles when cold is a recipe for pain in the long run

t. Someone who found out the hard way
>>
>>38703844
No. To be exact i do a short stretch and movement warm up. Then i jump rope my fight time. So if i got a 3x3 round i will jump that. The tempo is varied as i do more freestyle than cardio. So i do lots of swiweling, criss crosd, dubs, cowgirl, jumpsquat etc. Then i do the same for shadowboxing if im alone, or pads and grappling if i have a partner.

>>38703734
I start at 20kg rod only and do 10 reps for the technical aspect. Then gradually add 10kg until i can barely do 10. Then i increase with 5kg until max lift of 1 rep and work my way down again. In between sets i do 10reps of a body weight exersice. So if it is bench i will do 10 push-ups right after the set is finished. Usually i will only be capable of doing 1-3 after maxing on my way down. I decrease with 5kg for each set as i go down. I also have a list that shows how much you should max lift if you stop doing 10 reps on a certain weight.

Anyways. I talked to our trainer and he said it was a question of taste. If your legs hurt after squats i could do millitary press.
>>
>>38704644
dude, to be honest-drop squat or deadlift. you want to hit as many muscles as pssoible with 4 exercises? dont do 2 that hit nearly the same muscles. switch deadlift for military and do bench-squat-press-row, only way to hit your 4 main movers(lats, delts pecs leg) enough. also this provides a wider variety of secondary activation. your routine is still retarded tho, why not do it all on 1 day 2 times a week?
>>
>>38704964
Because that would be overtraining one side of the body. Millitary press i front shoulders, upper chest and tricep. From what i can tell you get all of those in bench. But if i go dorian row i get my entire upperback, lats and biceps. It seems like the superior choice.

I dont want to cut out squat as it trains the front of the legs. It is also a huge compound movement, meaning hi test production and good fat burn. Im not removing deadlift as i need a strong core for mma. The same can be said for strong legs.

Ive talked to people about this today. It seems like the only reason people tend to prefer millitary press is failure in their posture after doing squat.

My progran is a superior full body workout. Its just not for pussies.
>>
Link in the new zelda game will make us all gay
>>
>>38704644
Ah yep, makes a lot more sense now.

In my limited mma experience I'd say drop neither squat or deadlift, both have carry-over to your sport. If anything I'd swap out bench for OHP, in my opinion it's effect is superior in terms of aesthetics and carry-over to mma. Your chest will practically take care of itself with your other training
>>
>>38708291
You know... that is probably true...

But you know how much a man loves his benchpress... perhaps ill drop it some times...
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.