[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 376
Thread images: 49

File: 1429981024684.jpg (122KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1429981024684.jpg
122KB, 999x624px
Last thread ded
>>
Been lifting for 4 months, I'm extremely frustrated with my bench. When I started benching every workout (alternating high volume/high weight) I finally started seeing some good improvement. I also noticed that I plateau then move back whenever I stop eating at a surplus.

I have about 3 weeks left of eating at a surplus before I really need to start cutting (long cut). What's to stop me just benching 5x/week to build up as much as I can before the cut? (and maybe add some pulling to balance out the pushing)
>>
>>38700120
Are kidney beans considered to be excellent protein?
>>
>>38700716

Beans in general are a great source of protein. They have plenty of carbs too, but I eat them every day because overall they have great micros and complex carbs.
>>
>>38700658
I would assume that you don't want to bench 5x a week because your muscles will never recover.
>>
File: 20160913_211050.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160913_211050.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
What's the best routine for me if I want to look good for Halloween?

I used to lift (bench 200, squat 3pl8, deadlift 3pl8) but stopped a year ago. I've just kickboxed since.

Currently 6'5", ~195lbs. I can probably still bench 175, and squat 250ish.

Should I just go back to bulking on SS with some arms thrown in? I just want to look OK in 6 weeks desu.
>>
>>38700821
You're not going to look much different in 6 weeks. You're literally talking about 6 pounds of bodyweight.
>>
>>38700847
I'd be lucky to even gain 6 pounds in that time frame without dirty bulking. I still want to follow the program that gets me the best results in that time frame, though.

Any suggestions, or should I just SS hard?
>>
>>38700817

That seems like the logical conclusion, but I've heard of people doing this intentionally before, and that it's basically impossible to overtrain as a novice before.

Hypothetically speaking, I wouldn't be going to failure all 5 days
>>
File: 1466476568067.jpg (111KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1466476568067.jpg
111KB, 1252x1252px
How do you go from talking to a woman to asking her out?

Do you only ask out women that you immediately hit it off with?

What do you do when you don't talk for long, but you don't know if you'll see them again? Is it just a lost cause at that point?
>>
>>38700912
If you don't think you'll see them again, make a move. You lose no matter what if you take off and don't see them again, while you have a chance with them if you do make a move. Even if all you do is tell them that you think they're cute and you'd like to see them again, you've improved your chances.

Play to win, bruh
>>
is after burner effect real?
>>
>>38700798
Do you normally gotta cook them 1lb at a time or can you portion it out?

I'm retarded I've never made them.
>>
Fatty here get shin splints whenever i go for a walk/jog

Wat do?
Does KT tape work for that or is it just a meme.
>>
File: bench-press-1.png (55KB, 867x900px) Image search: [Google]
bench-press-1.png
55KB, 867x900px
Two months in, raking in newbie gains on everything but bench press.
Deadlift and squat progressing really well, but bench started at 115, hit 135 a few weeks later, and stuck ever since.
Been stuck at 1pl8 and only today able to finish 3x5 without failure.
Is this normal?
>>
>>38700120
will i lose all my muscle if i eat really low below TDEE? my tdee is around 2300 but im trying to cut to 160 lbs so i can lean bulk. Currently sitting at 180 lbs just been on a long ass cut and want to get it over with/eat some damn food for once. Thanks bros
>>
>>38700972

I cook them in 1lb batches and that gives me 5-6 servings for the week. Basically just soak the dry beans overnight in a pot of water, then when you are ready to cook them the next day just replace the water and boil for like 30 minutes or until they are as soft as you want them. It's really simple and cheap. I eat them with frank's hot sauce most of the time by themselves.
>>
>>38700986
i started exactly the same but i did rep ranges 3x10
i also added 5 pounds total every week i benched.
>>
>>38700986

Happened to me too. Turned out I wasn't eating enough
>>
>>38701007
Cool, will try that.
I wonder if it will change immediate soreness.
Doing 3x5 I strain and stay tight to complete 5 reps but when I get up I feel like I didn't do anything. No strain or tightness, like with squats or dl.
>>
Not even close to there, but curious: is there a consensus on how to just maintain your gainz? I assume you eat at maintenance, but sets x reps? Times / week? Weights?
>>
>>38701018
3200kcal/day, 180-200g protein.
>>
>>38701004
Great thanks
>>
>>38700877
SS is not going to make you look much better, and especially not in 6 weeks.

Be my guest to try, but noticeable results don't happen in 6 weeks.
>>
>>38701043

Cool, but I can't really say anything about that without your other stats. I'm 5'10 180 lbs and that's about what I eat, but with more carbs and less protein.

Odds are you don't need as much protein as that, and carbs can be important as a source of energy when you lift. I used to always lift before I ate, but I feel like it usually goes better for me when I've had a large meal a few hours beforehand now.
>>
>>38701054
They did for me. No pics, but after 4 weeks from 16% BF DYEL I was finding muscles on my shoulders and back that I'd never seen before. I'm gonna touch them now.
>>
>>38701054
Is there a program that you'd recommend I try out instead of SS?

I'm not trying to look great, but I want to improve as much as I can in 6 weeks.
>>
>>38700883
>it's basically impossible to overtrain as a novice before.
that's the most broscience thing I've heard all day

5x a week is complete overkill, I'd look for exercises to help your muscle groups individually, which will in-turn help your bench.
>>
>>38700991
sounds like you bulked too long. More than 1lb/week is gonna lose muscle.

If you're just fat you're not gonna be holding onto much muscle anyhow
>>
>>38700977
Someone?
>>
>>38701080
I'm calling bullshit. Even if you gained 4 pounds of solid muscle, it'd be unnoticeable. And you didn't gain 4 pounds of solid muscle.

>>38701087
No, I'd say trying to "look good" in 6 weeks is completely missing the point of working out. You'll look good after a few months, not 6 weeks.
>>
>>38701113
never bulked before. coming from 260 pounds fat assss

all my lifts are 1 pl8 so idk how much muscle i have at all. should i just fast cut and gain strength once im at a reasonable weight and bodyfat?
>>
>>38700658
Don't bench 5x/week. Bench every 2-3 days 5x5 increasing 5lbs every time. Focus on perfect form, and wait longer in between sets if you need to. If you're going for strength, you can take a 5 minute break in between sets if you really need it, just make sure to finish.

>>38700716
They are a good part of a healthy diet. Wouldn't say excellent source of protein, but whether bulking , cutting, or maintaining beans are great to eat. Read about bean proteins vs animal proteins. Bean falls short, but it's important to get different kinds of protein. So eat beans and drink milk, but get most of your protein from chicken, beef, eggs, etc.

>>38700821
Your best bet is eating 400 calories above maintenance, 120 carbs/day for 4 weeks. volume train like 3x12 multiple exercises per muscle, then cut for the last 2 weeks.
>>
>>38701157
You're saying that like there's a definite, single point to working out. I understand that gaining reasonable amounts of strength or size take time and effort, and that working out for 6 weeks isn't enough time to transform yourself. I've worked out regularly in the past. Lifting took me from 165 lbs to 200 lbs at 6'5", but it took me well over a year and a half to achieve that.

Right now I'm taking a break from kickboxing and getting back into lifting. I'm trying to pick a program, and I figured a nice short-term goal would be to look as good as possible for Halloween. I thought I'd try to find a program that would best fit that short-term goal while I'm still getting back into lifting.

Is SS not the right program for that, or are you saying that my program choice won't matter over such a short period of time?
>>
>>38700120
will i lose all my muscle if i eat really low below TDEE? my tdee is around 2300 but im trying to cut to 160 lbs so i can lean bulk. Currently sitting at 180 lbs just been on a long ass cut and want to get it over with/eat some damn food for once. Thanks bros

more info

>all my lifts are 1 pl8 so idk how much muscle i have at all. should i just fast cut and gain strength once im at a reasonable weight and bodyfat?
>>
Is chicken skin bad for you?
>>
>>38701184
you're not gonna lose muscle because you don't have any.

Still tho, I would bet at your current weight eating at more than 750 cal below your TDEE is probably as low as you go.

>>38701224
>Is SS not the right program for that, or are you saying that my program choice won't matter over such a short period of time?
The latter.

>>38701233
did you feel it necessary to post this twice?
>>
I want to be completely recovered on Friday, should I deload today or skip completely?
7th week of training btw
>>
>>38701257

It's pretty high in fat without as much protein as meat, so to be honest I wouldn't consider it clean eating. But lay them out on a tray, salt them, and bake for 30 min at 375 and damn do you have a delicious snack.
>>
File: 1468340461059.jpg (153KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1468340461059.jpg
153KB, 750x750px
I suck at cooking and meal prep in general. What would you guys recommend as a staple diet? What meals/recipes should I always have on hand?
>>
>>38701305
Thanks anon
>>
Will my newb gains be wasted if I'm morbidly obese and start lifting at a deficit?
>>
>>38701259
yeah, i did sadly.

Thanks anyways senpai
>>
>>38701318
I know it's not ideal, but recipes are just IIFYM sort of deals.

Grab a cookbook, find something that works for you, try something new each week.

Soon enough you try enough recipes to find a couple that are easy enough to make, taste good, and yield plenty.
>>
>>38701318

Prepping a ton of rice, beans, and chicken at the beginning of the week is convenient. My personal recommendation is learn how to make a good fried rice. You can basically throw whatever you want in it to make it fit your needs. For example, extra eggs and adding chicken gives it more protein. Add nuts for a crunch as well as protein. Add whatever chopped up veggies you want so you don't die of scurvy. It can be made in big batches and the soy sauce is the dominant flavor so it's hard to screw up unless you add too much salt or something.
>>
How autistic do I have to go about weighing my food?

For instance, a big part of my diet now is turkey breast sandwiches with a bit of mayo. It's easy to get the calories for the bread and the mayo is also easy seeing as I use a little measuring spoon. The turkey breast is cut at a deli and it varies from slice to slice, so in order to have an idea of what I'm eating I'd have to weigh it

Do I just do that once and keep using the same number of slices on my sandwiches, or do I need to measure it every time I make a sandwich in order to guarantee I'm perfectly tracking my calories?
>>
What's a good routine for aesthetics?

I'm on a PPL routine currently
>>
>>38701425

Depends how autistic you want to be. With practice, eyeballing will get you within maybe 10% using the turkey breast example you provided. So you may be eating 300 calories or 330. If that seems insignificant to you ,then don't be autistic about the scale. Personally I've gotten really good at eyeballing my food and I've memorized the calorie values for all the foods I eat so I don't weigh anything. It's way too much extra work for very little reward.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 240x240px
So I've been drinking about 6 liters of water a day now for a few weeks, but is it being stored as extra weight?

As in do I need to for a few days cut down to like a liter or so of water to get the weight off or am I being retarded?
>>
>>38701425
i do this autistic shit where if i make stuff that should be with a bunch of ingredients, like pasta for example, i seperate every ingredient like the pasta, sauce, and ground beef and weigh it out and mix it. Can't go wrong right??
>>
>>38701476
Just drink 3-4 depending on your size
>>
File: gray-7.jpg (177KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
gray-7.jpg
177KB, 1000x667px
Accidentally made a thread about this. Will losing weight decrease or increase my girlfriend's waist-hip ratio? It's already .622... but I want it lower.
>>
I'm fat as fuck and can't do pull ups. I don't have any friends to help either

Should I just put pull ups to the side until I'm lighter and can actually do them?
>>
>>38701573
Wait until you're lighter or do assisted ones. No point trying if you're starting with more weight than professionals are.
>>
>>38701360
If you're morbidly obese your fist program should be forkputdowns
>>
File: wp_ss_20160911_0001 (2).png (95KB, 720x945px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160911_0001 (2).png
95KB, 720x945px
At about 20% body fat right now, slowly bulking. When should I start cutting for summer next year?

Also is pic related a good routine. Been on it for like 6 months and I'm seeing pretty good gains, a lot more so than the 3 months I was on ss
>>
>>38701666
Pls respond
>>
>>38701718
Jesus Christ wait a little longer than 6 minutes. And read the sticky.
>>
>>38701666
Personally I would start cutting at 20%
>>
File: wallpaper-1920.jpg (587KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-1920.jpg
587KB, 1920x1080px
Is keto worth doing over a regular deficit? Is there any real benefit?
>>
>>38701098
Overtraining is a meme.

Under recovery is more likely but usually only if you're a moron about diet and sleep.
>>
File: 1358985496139.png (1005KB, 900x702px) Image search: [Google]
1358985496139.png
1005KB, 900x702px
>>38701893
>Overtraining is a meme.
>Under recovery is more likely

That's literally the same thing you dunce
>>
>>38701815
Well I'm fine with bulking over 20%, just want to know how long it'll take to cut
>>38701865
There's a lot of pseudoscience behind it. At the very least you'll get your daily protein easily
>>
>>38701900
without losing muscle it's usually 1lb/week
>>
>>38701899
It isn't and if you lifted you'd know it
>>
>>38701918
Please, tell me then, what the difference is.
>>
>>38701666
Yes that's a good program for a beginner

>>38701865
Keto is a meme for fatties with no self control who can't restrict calories without lying to themselves and being secret eaters
>>
>>38701865
Greater satiety at a deficit.
>>
>>38701925
Under recovery is sub optimal and fixed by having better macros, straight up eating more, being less stressed or getting better sleep. Everybody who lifts while cutting will suffer from it. Gains can still be made but your volume is too high and you'll stall often.

Overtraining dramatically increases the chance of injury, requires time off or massive deloads for recovery and is the result of substantial muscle and cns fatigue acquired over a very long period of time.
>>
>>38701951
that is definitely not the same definition I heard.

Overtraining is just not giving your muscles enough time to recover therefore stalling lifts.
>>
>>38701961
That's under recovery. Overtraining is significantly more serious and requires a total training overhaul
>>
>>38702064
well, regardless, benching 5x a week is stupid.
>>
>>38700817
>>38701098
>>38702082
Itt: people who bench less than lmao3plate / never heard of the bulgarian method

there is a reason "you need more benching volume" became a /plg/ meme
>>
File: 1473744617839.png (509KB, 511x531px) Image search: [Google]
1473744617839.png
509KB, 511x531px
>>38700847
You are literally a retarded faggot. A pound a week? Again, retarded faggot. Please leave the internet.
>>
>>38702184
Oh sorry, let's just hope that each week he can gain 5 lbs of muscle with no fat.

Unless you're saying that that he should be gaining less than that, in-which my point stands that it doesn't matter what program he picks up, he'll look no different in 6 weeks.
>>
>>38702082
Benching 5x a week with varying intensity is actually a pretty good way to accumulate volume and make gains.

Key thing there is varying intensity
>>
>>38700120
How do you determine what your starting lift is? The barbell I heard is 45 pounds, I just started lifting heavy shit around my house and it seems I get DOMS in my arms lifting even 30 pounds. Is this normal? I'm not fat at all, but not skeleton mode.

I want to wait until I'm confident with a routine and that I'll be able to lift the fucking bar before going to a gym. Because fear of embarrassing myself
>>
>>38702319
always start with the bar, no matter what. Practice your form first and foremost. Then, increase the weight in increments until you feel trouble completing 3 sets.

If you feel like you're fucking something up, ask someone who's not busy to spot you or check your form. Most people will gladly help out.
>>
>>38702336
So it's not stupid if I have the bar and like, 5 pound weights on each side at first?
>>
>>38702342
not at all, though I'd probably recommend 10lbs at a time for something like the squat.
>>
Any lifting tips for girls? Trying to get my sister to gym with me, but she's nervous. She's about 5'1, 129 pounds, which we know is way at the high end of a healthy weight according to BMI.

Does she need to diet first, or can she lift and diet at the same time? Also I found out her maintenance calories would be 1919, the sticky says she'd have to eat 500 less if cutting, but that seems ridiculously low to me. Especially if lifting and cardio at the same time.

Any advice?
>>
>>38702352
Thank you anon. Suddenly less anxiety about the barbell...
>>
my legs always get a good working out at the gym, and I get the soreness after, but why is it that my arms go til failure but don't feel sore after? am I not pushing my arms hard enough? it just seems like they burn so much during the exercise, but never tingle or anything like my legs do afterwards
>>
if i'm a beginner after how much time/what lifts should I switch from a linear progression/strenght training to something different? and to what should i switch?
i care for looks more than strenght btw
>>
Is thread still alive? What do for dairy component if lactose intolerant? Lactose free milk has more protein, but more sugar too and I read somewhere here that sugar kills gainz
>>
>>38702473
oh shit I have a really similar question. I have bowel and intensional issues that mean I can't eat a lot of food during the course of a day, and have to avoid certain foods like dairy products.

should I just give up now
>>
Am I going to fucking kill myself if I try to lift in my basement, alone, without a spotter, having never lifted before in my life?
I read about something called a 'community gym' in america. How do those work? The membership costs for all the gyms in my area (Perth) would put me out of my home.
>>
>>38702431
Soreness =/= progress
More weight on the bar = progress!
>>
what do or take to reduce stress and lift mood when I'm experiecing nicotine & alcohol withdrawal?
>>
is running faster more efficient? Because of momentum?
>>
>>38702082
Benching 5x a week usually means that you're not benching ~80% every day, but alternating high weight low volume with lower weight higher volume
>>
>>38702361
>Does she need to diet first, or can she lift and diet at the same time?
She can do both.

>Also I found out her maintenance calories would be 1919
Will increase with more activity

>the sticky says she'd have to eat 500 less if cutting
Wont be a problem if she eats right.
>>
>>38702595
Ever hear of anyone sprinting a marathon?
>>
What is the optimal way to do a recomp? Eat at maintenance every day, or over maint. on lifting days and under on rest days?
>>
>>38702533
Force yourself to the gym and start your workout with deadlifts. Warm up but go heavy quickly. That'll kickstart your nervous system and shit and you'll be in the mood for lifting in no time.
Don't do too many sets, one heavy set is enough. Like that you minimize risk of injury and avoid plateaus, too.
>>
when yall niggas track calories how do you get exact calculations if you're a poorfag and don't have a scale?

Like atm im just googling "calories in chicken leg" and "calories in cup of rice"
>>
File: 1471586256710.jpg (77KB, 460x628px) Image search: [Google]
1471586256710.jpg
77KB, 460x628px
How the fuck do I not have dandruff? have tried a variety of shampoos and none have worked, some just made my hair fluffier but that's it, I have no clue what to do help me out /fit/ bros
>>
>>38702665
Not talking about sprinting.
To paint you a picture
6 km/h costs 6 energy
10 km/h costs 9 energy
>>
>>38702729
Use an app nigga
>>
File: How about no.gif (874KB, 400x171px) Image search: [Google]
How about no.gif
874KB, 400x171px
>>38702751
>Not talking about sprinting.
>To paint you a picture
>6 km/h costs 6 energy
>10 km/h costs 9 energy
Yes, and 30 km/h costs 22 energy, so you theorize it takes less energy to run a set distance at a faster pace because it's more efficient...? Try again.
>>
File: fit.jpg (231KB, 1254x568px) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
231KB, 1254x568px
Does anyone have an low budget bulking recipes or food plans?
>>
>>38702724
I actually don't lack motivation to lift. I often feel moody and "short-fused", like aggression is building up inside me and I use that as motivation to lift and distract myself. What do I do afterwards, when lifting is no longer an option? Last time I tried quitting (just smoking) I used to go for walks. It was fine, but it's just not doing enough for me anymore.
>>
Does anybody use anything for stretch marks? What has actually worked?
>>
File: live_fueleff_graph[1].jpg (6KB, 214x135px) Image search: [Google]
live_fueleff_graph[1].jpg
6KB, 214x135px
>>38702801
Ah well, I was just thinking about how fuel efficiency worked for cars, and if a similar principle could be applied to running.
Don't know why you're being so aggressive though.
Have a nice day.
>>
File: 1418783460875.png (261KB, 569x563px) Image search: [Google]
1418783460875.png
261KB, 569x563px
I started lifting about one and a half months ago and I'm not getting enough protein for sure. I exercise every other day and whey protein powder is kinda expensive. Can I drink a shake or two on the days that I lift only or do I absolutely need to be regular with my protein intake even on my off days?
>>
What is a good routine that would allow me to bench 3 times a week? My bench is severely lacking compared to my other lifts. For example my OHP is 120lbs x 5 but my bench is only 176lbs x 5.
>>
In OHP how should the legs be? Completely straight or slightly bended? (Not using them to push even if bended)
>>
>>38703064
Knees and butt locked, core braced.
>>
>>38702998
in germany low fat quark is cheaper per gramm of protein then whey plus its actualy food
>>
is it normal on a cut to feel like you're only getting flatter and not actually getting that much more defined..I mean i def did get more defined but i feel flat with fat still covering my abs but some places like my legs and arms have leaned out really nice
>>
File: RdTJPV8[1].png (105KB, 689x571px) Image search: [Google]
RdTJPV8[1].png
105KB, 689x571px
>>38703064
>>
>>38703120
did my question even make sense? diet brain bruhs
>>
>>38702984
No offense but the question was so stupid I assumed you were trolling.
>>
Been eating at 1500 cals for 38 days according to MFP, went from 157 to 152.5 and hasn't changed in two weeks. Tried refeed yesterday, not sure when to expect results though. TDEE 2100, I'm sure I'm at a deficit. Wut do fit? 5'10
>>
>>38702595
nvm
http://news.wisc.edu/optimum-running-speed-is-stride-toward-understanding-human-body-form/

>>38703172
Wasn't a stupid question, I just formulated it badly.

>>38703249
How long since you last tested your TDEE?
Any difference in activity levels?
>>
How do you handle limerence? I am mostly not the type to give a fuck, but there is this one woman that has made me care, and I don't really know how to handle that.
>>
File: vknowshentai.jpg (301KB, 1869x1614px) Image search: [Google]
vknowshentai.jpg
301KB, 1869x1614px
Need a routine that is
>6 day
>includes all 4 compounds every week
>1 compound a day max
>>
>>38703264
That TDEE is as of half an hour ago. Pretty much sedentary, only exercise at all is some walking around campus and SS.
>>
>>38702719
bamp
>>
>>38703297
You dont find your actual TDEE from a calculator, it's more of a rough estimate.
You find it by counting your calories and watching the scale.

I'd recommend trying to stick to the TDEE you posted for a week or so and see if there is any change on the scale.
If you gain weight, your TDEE was wrong
If you don't gain weight... magic.
>>
>>38703340
Thanks man, will try
>>
>>38702719
>>38703315
Maintenance obviously varies depending on your activity. Look at calories per week maybe?
>>
Also, whatever happened to fatlet?
>>
If I have a lanklet frame, will I ever be able to look 'big'? Right now im 83kg at 185 cm (6'1) and still looking real thin.
>>
Just started lifting (on StrongLifts) after about three months off due to being a lazy fatass (moving, new job, started school). My quads were sore 2 sets into squats at 135 lbs on Monday)

If I am still sore from Monday, do I just tell myself not to be a little bitch and squat today, or do I take another day off and squat tomorrow?
>>
>>38703377
You'll only ever look 'big' if you roid...
How long have you been lifting(properly)?
>>
>>38703377
Nice dub dubs.

No, you're never going to look "hueg", but if you focus on traps, lats, and pecs, you'll look big to everyone except people who jerk off to bodybuilders on japanese anime image boards.
>>
>>38703394
DOMS goes away after the muscle gets warm. First set will suck, but should be fine after.
>>
>>38703424
Thanks. I haven't been this sore since I started lifting for the first time in July 2015.
>>
>>38703394
Do what you feel you are capable of, the fact that you're asking this question implies you are in doubts about it.

You need to look at it long term, not from workout to workout.

When I started again I had trouble just standing up, and keeping balance when standing up.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160914-133716.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160914-133716.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>38703395
Like 7 months total but on and off. I have a 375lbs deadlift but you cant tell lol
>>
Week 1 of nofap (first time i try), through week 2 of doing bodyweight exercises at home, I think I'm starting to feel better. Should I continue nofap? Also there's a qt at school that I want to try but don't know how, very first time for me, need advice
>>
>>38703424
>DOMS goes away after the muscle gets warm
No, not completely.

>>38703452
C'mon, you don't have lanklet frame, just need more lean mass.
>>
Pre/post workouts are a meme right? I only need my protein shakes right?
>>
>>38703486
Just eat a lot of food desu.
>>
>>38703452
>clock

>>38703486
To some degree. The "Pre-workout XTREME FOCUS BLAH BLAH BLAH" is just money, just go for caffeine pills or god forbid, coffee, or (haven't tested it myself, illegal in my country) ECA stack
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECA_stack
>>
What's wrong with designing your own program? Are any of these routines actually proven to be more affected than any other similar routine?
>>
>>38703510
There's nothing wrong with designing your own program, the problem is that people don't actually know HOW to do it properly.
>>
What does "anabolic" mean?

I always see it used when somebody on /fit/ is trying to appear smart.
>>
>>38703505
Stop using desu like that.
>>
>>38703444
I'm only going to move from 5x5 @ 135 lbs to 5x5 @ 140. I'm not going to break myself. Just sore.

But yeah, sore enough that I have to put a hand on the bathtub rim and another on the bathroom counter to lower myself onto the can, haha.

I'll just stretch well tonight.
>>
>>38703531
Did your google break? or do you mean it in any sort of /fit/ culture way?
>>
>>38703533
desu desu desu desu desu desu
>>
>>38703521

What is the how part? What's wrong with doing something like mix and matching progression schemes, exercises, etc between programs?

Alternatively, could you recommend a four day a week program that focuses on one of the big four lifts for each workout, but with more volume, accessories and a faster progression scheme than 5/3/1?
>>
How do I find out my 1 rep maximum squat? I can do 3x10 with 105 kgs, my warm up sets are 15x20, 10x50, 3x80, then the 3 worksets.
I want to dedicate the next workout to go as heavy as possible. How should my lifts progress each set? For example if i can do 120 kgs 3 times, what should be the next etc.
>>
>>38703589
Load up and skwot
>>
>>38703589
>15x20, 10x50, 3x80
Definitely not using those right.

If you do 120 for 3. Add 5kg squat once, if completed, add 5kg squat once, rinse and repeat. This isn't science rockets brah
>>
>>38703584
better.

>>38703585
Have you read the sticky?
This might help http://www.rohitnair.net/pp/ (from the sticky)
>>
>>38703553
Both.

Mainly i'm asking what anabolic as an adjective means.
anabolic: relating to or promoting anabolism.
anabolism: the synthesis of complex molecules in living organisms from simpler ones
When people say "anabolic X" does this mean X is used in the process of anabolism?
Also because you specifically clarify that X is anabolic, does that mean there exists a non-anabolic variant of X?
>>
>>38703643
Also i might add that since energy is required for anabolism in humans, all food is technically anabolic by that definition.
Anabolic alcohol, anabolic bread, anabolic oatmeal, anabolic carbs, anabolic meat, anabolic bacon, ....
But you don't see people specifically adding "anabolic" next to those.

So what's the deal with the adjective "anabolic"?
>>
>>38703643
>anabolic X
Got any examples?
I suspect nonsense.
>>
>>38703690
X here is a placeholder for any noun where the adjective "anabolic" is commonly used with.
>>
>>38703643
>>38703683
Anabolic refers to the fact that the chemical is acting like a hormone to increase the growth of something, in the case of anabolic steroids, muscle.

You can't call it anabolic bread because it is not acting via a hormonal pathway. It's just energy.
>>
>>38703698
The definition of anabolic is
>relating to or promoting anabolism.
Bread provides chemical energy which is used for the process of anabolism, thus bread is related to anabolism and so is anabolic by definition.
Also there's no such thing as "hormonal pathway", the series of chemical reactions of anabolism is called "metabolic pathway".
>>
Currently do SL, I want to include lat pull downs into both my A and B split. Would this cause any imbalances or negative side effects?

or should I just add 3 sets of 8-10 reps on my B split
>>
What's the bare minimum for not losing one's gains? Is the need for protein often overstated?

I do full body 3x week and am currently training for a half marathon. I want to drop ~15 pounds because I'm basically skinnyfat (with slightly bigger arms/shoulders).

If I just go balls to the wall with running for the next couple of months, am I going to lose my gains if I lift a bit less frequently (like, twice a week)? I usually eat some form of meat for lunch and dinner, anyhow.
>>
>>38703108
I can't stand that shit
>>
>>38703633

Yeah, I read the sticky and I'm sure they're all great programs, but there are just some adjustments I'd like to make for each of them. To my knowledge, there's no program on that picker that allows me to squat and deadlift on different days that also allows me to go to the gym four days a week.

I basically want some upper/lower variant that would allow me to train those two exercises on different days. Isn't there a pic with a list of /fit/ approved programs too?
>>
>>38703804
Personally I do pullups+dips with every workout
>>
>>38703860
I dont have the strength yet to do a single pull up and I dont want to look like a fucktard in the gym struggling to hit one rep
>>
>>38703848
From this nonsense you are not in any position to design your own plan. Squats and deadlifts on separate days twice a week is legs every day. If you want upper/lower then squat and deadlift on the same day or alternate each on your lower day. You definitely need to stick to a routine, you ain't ready boy
>>
File: 1406327859719.png (768KB, 2143x1912px) Image search: [Google]
1406327859719.png
768KB, 2143x1912px
>>38703848
This one?

>>38703869
Yeah, lat pull downs works I guess, able to do dips? Maybe do dumbell bench press until you can do dips?
>>
>>38703869
Doing pull downs every gym session isn't going to help you. Stop trying to rush things. Stick to a routine and get stronger you are obviously just weak. No need to try and rush things. And nobody gives a fuck what you do at the gym, so stop worrying about it.
>>
>>38703531
>>38703553
>>38703643
>>38703683
>>38703690
>>38703695
>>38703698
>>38703722
So... what does "anabolic" mean and why do people keep using the word?
When people say "anabolic protein", what do they mean?
All protein is inherently anabolic anyway, so why say it?
>>
>>38703886

>Squats and deadlifts on separate days twice a week is legs every day.

CLEARLY I mean something to this effect

>alternate each on your lower day

But regardless, there's no mention of effective purely upper/lower of that kind in the sticky or in this pic >>38703891

Naturally that's the type of adjustment I would make, but on the other hand /fit/ and fit people preach strict adherence to the program. I'm just trying to understand how much someone can get away with fiddling with a program and why they shouldn't before I choose a new one.
>>
>>38703905
>And nobody gives a fuck what you do at the gym
to some extent, yeah, lol
had this guy in the gym once, must have been on something.
>Starts off by doing some weird tugging match with cables
>goes to dip/pullup station, grabs the pull up bar, places his legs and hangs himself upside down until his phone falls out of his pocket x 3
>goes to stretching area pacing back and forth, huffing and puffing, qt chilling out there, suddenly he starts stomping behind her, scaring her shitless
God, I wish I was making this shit up
>>
File: 1473623864526.jpg (303KB, 1110x684px) Image search: [Google]
1473623864526.jpg
303KB, 1110x684px
Are crunches,planks, etc. ACTUALLY necessary for abs?
I'm already eating at a deficit, doing some compounds that work the core (deads, squats, etc.) and doing cardio, but i really want them to show more.
>>
>>38703891

Btw thanks familia. The 4 day split for strength is pretty much exactly what I was looking for.
>>
File: 1403999998106.gif (760KB, 2544x1850px) Image search: [Google]
1403999998106.gif
760KB, 2544x1850px
>>38703968
From what I've gathered, BF% is key to abs.
Also, didnt really experience proper DOMS until I started planks.. but thats probably because i'm not bracing core enough on squats/dl. anyway, doesn't hurt doing core work as well.

>>38703999
Also have this, haven't really gone over them, probably a lot of the same.
>>
I've started doing some workout and I'm wondering, if I eat less but more times a day and workout every 2nd day, will I lose weight? I'm not trying to get ripped or anything I just don't like the way I am right now.
My workout is mainly of pushups, riding stationary bicycle for 10 minutes at a time, squats, flutter kick and crisscross.
>>
>>38704013
thanks, I guess it won't hurt to put a little more efforts in my workouts and do a little ab circuit
>>
>>38704014
Eat less than maintenance yes, but meal timing is irrelevant, Cals in/Cals out. You should probably do some research.
>>
What do when you don't have anyone to spot you for bench at gym?

a) Bench and roll it off if everything falls to shit
b) Bench in the smith machine (I'm probably ignorant, but wouldn't this be detrimental to the development of stabilizer muscles?)
c) Bench in the squat rack like a fucknuckle
>>
>>38704302
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEUvI8Q6JDk
If you fail at that, dump the weight to the side
or in a power cage...
BUT FOR GODS SAKES, DONT EVER GO NEAR THE SMITH MACHINE
>>
Is a strength base necessary for beginners?
(Background is 3 months SL)
Also which routine do you guys recommend for focusing on looking lean , but also keeping strength in ,mind.
>>
>>38704302
desu if possible you should move to a gym with atleast three power cages because rolling a loaded barbell off at an intermediate stage isnt going to be easy
>>
On my first bulk, my core and arms/shoulders are coming along nicely. My pectorals still look flat as shit. It's worth noting I have mild PE, is this a hindrance in chest hypertrophy?
>>
i just hit 3 plate dl for reps. and doing 3 plate for 2 weeks now.
but man it hurts my knees. i mean not like broken bone pain. but after every set i need to sit for like 2 3 minutes. and even after that i sometimes cant standup first try.
i checked my form. asked about my form to others and it seems good. only problem is my knees.
oh and every time i squat same thing happens but with less pain.
is this what happens to everyone or my knees are just weak af
>>
I started working out a few days ago. I've also started bulking. I have IBS. I just released a shit storm the size of Mt. St. Helens. What do I do to prevent that?
>>
File: Vc7nu0Z.jpg (195KB, 484x1156px) Image search: [Google]
Vc7nu0Z.jpg
195KB, 484x1156px
Why do i feel like my build is 20% torso and 80% legs? It feels like my torso is so small. And when i eat and eat, my gut and face just gets bigger.

I actually just started bodyweight fitness few weeks back. And i hope id see some changes.. not soon but eventually. I know progress of BWF is slow.

But is my body that disgusting? It makes me insecure going to the beach.
>>
>>38703452
If you leaned out you'd look fairly big. It's pretty hard to look big in clothes when you're natty and not a manlet though.
>>
>>38704569
Shit knees it sounds like, never heard of busted knees on deads.
>>
>>38704383
>DONT EVER GO NEAR THE SMITH MACHINE

Why not? A guy that's been spotting me told me that I could use it whenever I didn't find anyone to spot me.
>>
>>38704657
normal body
>>
>>38704704
thanks.. but it doesnt look as bad as i think it is?
>>
>>38703869
Lat pulldowns are fine to add in

>>38703905
How's you're first 3 weeks lifting? Anything that engages the lats is going to help with their hypertrophy and get to a point where he can do pull ups.
>>
>>38704744
So if I want 10pl8 squat, I should squat everyday for how many hours?
A well rounded routine is far better than throwing in some random ass exercise every gym session. Fuck off
>>
so im 5'8 and 128 pounds, was 155 before but started cutting for about 3 months. turns out i didnt know what the fuck i was doing cuz i lost quite a bit of muscle. im now bulking at 2500 calories, is that enough, or should i shoot for more?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (54KB, 852x396px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
54KB, 852x396px
I'm trying out this guy's workout to get newbie gains, and what the fuck is he doing at 23:00?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP2g3Sj3qSw

I tried it today and only felt strain in my legs and felt like I was going to black out after each set. Is this guy retarded and should I be doing rows the regular way?
>>
>>38700977
Compression sleeves really work for me. My dad also wears one for just general cramps in one of his legs. My mom swears that KT tape works for her knee (she runs marathons and shit), but it doesn't help my shins.
>>
>>38704884
that's how you do a proper row breh
>>
>>38704884
lol it literally tells you what he is doing the first 2 seconds in the video. Barbell row
>>
I need a good ~1000 calorie meal that I can ideally prepare in 5-10 minutes. Also, it should be as healthy as possible.
>>
>>38704943
a shake with oats, milk, pb, banana and protein powder nigga
>>
>>38704959
>shake
>meal
Kek
>>
>>38700120

Real stupid question but just interested.

I've raced bikes for the last 8 years. I did bodyweight exercise for about 2 years and I've been lifting seriously for about a year now.

My 1RM for Bench is ~1.2x BW (105kg), my DL is 2x BW(165), and yet my squat fucking sucks and is only just above 1x BW (90kg)

Is there any chance that this is due to having a high amount of slow twitch fibers in comparison to fast twitch due to years of cycling? Or is that completely unrelated?
Could it be to do with the fact that I have massively long legs compared to my torso, giving bad leverage when squatting ATG?

Not really making excuses, I still squat 3 times a week, trying to push those numbers up, it just seems weird to me.
>>
File: 1469819138993.jpg (278KB, 1239x1242px) Image search: [Google]
1469819138993.jpg
278KB, 1239x1242px
How do fat burn pills work? I'm cutting with a 500 cal deficit a day but I'd prefer to lose fat quicker.
If I use those pills alongside my diet, will they help or I'll just fuck myself up? Are they a scam?
>>
>>38700977
lose weight by eating less
go on the bike a lot. non weight bearing = no stress on bones.
take calcium supplements (clinically proven to prevent shin splints)
important : stretch and strengthen calves by doing calf raises 2-3 times a week 4x30 mon/wed/friday, stretch everyday.
pick up a towel with your toes, and lift it up (like your big toe should go over your 2nd toe, if that makes sense.) - this strengthens the foot muscles and shin muscles and also proven to help treat stress fractures as it takes load off the bone.

hope I helped. stress fractures are easy to treat and can heal really quickly as long as you arent a fucking idiot about it.
>>
>>38704569

How old are you?
>>
>>38704880
Are you a girl? Calculate your TDEE and add 500. That's how much you should eat
>>
I've been having trouble pooping since switching to a high-protein, lower-carb cut. Is there a good no or low calorie fiber supplement?
>>
>>38705071
All-bran buds
>>
>>38705018
Scam, by how much do you really think they can raise your TDEE?
>>
>>38705008
what the fuck is the difference its food and its calories
>>
>>38705104
No idea, I don't even understand how those pills work.
>>
>>38705038
23 and former skelly. Was 67kg last year. After 1 year of bulk i now am 88 kg
>>
>>38705124

Hmm ok. Where abouts in your knees is the pain?
>>
>>38705124
See a doctor
>>
>tfw stalling at 95lbs squat
>tfw stalling at 75lbs bench
Should I end it?
>>
File: 1473689673105.jpg (47KB, 657x371px) Image search: [Google]
1473689673105.jpg
47KB, 657x371px
>>38705229
yes
>>
File: 1472758031548.jpg (37KB, 427x415px) Image search: [Google]
1472758031548.jpg
37KB, 427x415px
What's the best bulk diet plan for a poor college skelly? GOMAD?

I was thinking of doing that and SS. Would that be a good starting point for a beginner? Help me out, brehs
>>
What head phones would /fit/ recommend? I've already gone through two pairs this year and after a couple hours researching various head phones I haven't been able to come to a conclusion.

Primarily I just want something that will last at least a year, Bluetooth would be preferable but not required.
>>
>>38704790
Nice strawman.

SL isn't a well rounded routine. It has shit accessories, not really enough volume and the only reason it's good as a beginner routine is because it has an app and is easy to follow.

Lat pulldowns are a good accessory if you can't do pull ups. Hell they're good accessory after several sets of pull ups to get some additional volume in.
>>
>>38705287
if it's not beats women will think you're gay.
>>
>>38704943
Prepare a big portion of chilli in 45 minutes on Sunday. Reheat in microwave for a few minutes and cook some pasta whenever you need your 10 minute meal.
>>
I'm 87kg 184cm, looking to do a cut, at least 4kg, ideally 7kg.

What can I do do minimize any potential strength loss? I'm beginner who's been lifting for 8 months, I squat 86kg, deadlift 110kg, and bench 76kg.

I developed a gut around my waist and it feels gross, I'm willing to trade off some of my meager strength just so i don't feel this fat anymore.
>>
>>38705438
Work out as normal and get plenty of protein.

What's your bf%
>>
>>38705461
Don't know exactly but it's probably around 20%
>>
Since I started working out I've noticed that my piss has been extremely strong no matter how much water I drink (I'm a 2 gallons a day) and that I'm always angry.

Obviously these are unrelated, but are both of them normal, or should I be concerned? Obviously I'm more concerned about the piss, I don't want to burn out my kidneys or anything.
>>
Why do my gains only attract women who fall under the category of being...

- overweight
- in recovery (drugs, alcohol, etc.)
- unemployed
- uneducated
>>
>>38705599

Drinking excess water actually means your kidneys have to do less work. It's the people that do manual labor and dont constantly hydrate that have kidney problems.
>>
how to get a body like this?

please no memes
>>
>>38705627
genetics, consistent workout routine, clean eating, etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>38700120
Hey has anybody here
done feeder workouts with good results?
Better gains than you would have gotten otherwise?
like why the fuck has apparently nobody tried them for realsies for some month and then reported about it?
I googled over an hour and got hardly any results except "they sound like they make a lot of sense, now lets never mention them again lul!" or "i did them once got a great pump lul and now ill never do them again xD"
hlep
>>
>>38705627
12% bf, reasonable level of muscle mass (probs not natty) good lighting and photshop.
>>
>>38705645
Link?

Never heard of a feeder workout
>>
File: DRINK2-popup.jpg (42KB, 383x500px) Image search: [Google]
DRINK2-popup.jpg
42KB, 383x500px
is this the best zero calorie water additive for cutting/IF?
>>
>>38705620

I work as a farmhand, so I am well aware of that, but I'm drinking so much water that I feel like puking half the time and I'm still pissing orange juice.
>>
>>38705690

Drop a slice of skinned (the skin makes it to bitter) cucumber and a couple drops of lime juice in your water, best shit ever.
>>
>>38700120
Alright senpai

I see a lot of posts on food like meat, eggs and shit claiming they're healthy and then other studies claiming they aren't
who am I supposed to trust?

We've always ate those and just recently started to link it to harmful conditions due to the hearth diseases boom in the last century(probably just due to shitty diet and processed shit and being lazy cunts)
>>
>tfw cutting
>Look lean and nice
>when I'm with boxers or shorts I look more fat due to my lovehandles that give me a wide hip look

when do they start to disappear? I'm at around 14-15% MAX but I can already see my 4pack, especially if I flex
now if I pose sideways I can also see the line of my obliques(sexy stuff) but then under it there's a lot of fat, if I grab it and push to the back and look frontally in the mirror my hips look narrow and sweet, no longer have that wide hip fatty look. It turns me into rugby mode or some shit
>>
What can I replace milk with? I get really bad acne from all the milk ive been drinking but it really helps with my bulk.

what do?
>>
>>38706013
People posting those threads are memeing.

Eggs, red meat and milk are fine as part of a healthy balanced diet. Red meat isn't ideal to have every day but it only contributes as a risk factor, which is magnitudes lower than the risks involved with smoking and drinking.

I'd love to see studies controlled for body fat % when looking at diet but when it comes to research you can't always get what you want.

My opinion is that food groups are becoming recognised as risk factors in health simply because so many people are overweight and generally unhealthy anyway.
>>
i deadlift with proper form but i barely feel my hamstrings, it's more on the negative part that i feel them. is this bad?

also when i squat i dont feel any specific part in particular, its just my whole body bringing me up so i guess its ok?

asking this because my lower back is always sore, foam roller does help but im afraid i might be doing something wrong(i even watch videos on proper form from time to time and im spot on)

maybe its because i sit too much?
>>
>>38702998
Anyone?
>>
Some weeks i get these bouts of depression where i just have 0 appetite and i don't eat until three or four in the afternoon, anyone else ever experience this and any tricks to avoid this?
>>
>>38706131
Are you 100% sure your form is right?

what sort of soreness? Like DOMS or different?

>>38706159
It's best to balance your macro intake so it's fairly consistent every day.

>>38706177
I used to have the same, literally just get an eating schedule and make yourself stick to it. Getting a strong routine was how I beat my depression.
>>
>>38700120
Mate sent me a strenght training anatomy pdf

is this legit? its by frederic delavier and I lurked into it and seems pretty good in all levels but im no expert
seems it has good form explanation, easy to understand how to perform the lifts and also good to pick up acessories
>>
File: side-stretch.jpg (64KB, 242x391px) Image search: [Google]
side-stretch.jpg
64KB, 242x391px
So i think i've torn my first muscle today. DOMS and muscle soreness isn't really pain, i've experienced both, this however undoubtedly is pain.
You know how you're supposed to add 2.5kg every time you perform an exercise? I'm doing SS and because of this, i add weight twice as fast to squats than to other liftt, since SS makes you do squats every time.
And so, during a squat, i think i've torn my left oblique muscle. It only hurts if i do pic related to the right side which makes the left oblique muscle stretch.

I feel like linear progression is a meme and i should up my reps, not the weight, unless the number of reps goes beyond like 20.
Less weight with more reps should be safer to do right?
Also should i not do squats at all until the pain goes away?
>>
>>38706252
Probably a muscle strain. Even a partial tear would hurt almost constantly.

Linear progression applies to reps too by the way. Any additions to volume which are the same each workout is technically linear progression. Allpro's beginner program increases reps first with a weight increase when you hit working sets of a certain number of reps.
>>
go to the gym or finish binge watching stranger things and go tomorrow. Im on a cut so no gains to make anyway.
>>
File: CF7bk.jpg (47KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
CF7bk.jpg
47KB, 800x533px
>>38706200
not 100% sure but I had this guy that used to train in the same gym, he was a semi.pro football player and had the most perfect form you'd see
he did power cleans beautifully, front squats and all that(and I found out he's now training professionall football players)
soccer for the americans

he actually said my form was pretty good in all compounds(asked him)

I follow the steps on how to deadlift and squat so no way im doing wrong, I ensure I follow what I learned

my problem is I have uneven feet like Klokov so my right feet isn't paralel to my left, my left one stays further and pointed forward while my right is pointed to the right a bit and is positioned below the right one(pic related)

sometimes I end up with a knee higher than the other when I hit below paralell
Never got pain in my back nor knees from it though

The soreness is like doms and feels good whenever I stretch or foam roll
only hurts when foam rolling if I extend all of my body(superman like or whatever its called)

>>38706252
maybe it's just a pinched never or some shit
happened to me a lot of times in my left shoulder blade area until I improved my OHP form

linear progress isn't a meme, it's the best way to progress actually
>>
>>38706376
Could just be a tight muscle or a trigger point or something if you feel relief from rolling it
>>
I hit lats twice a week. Do bicep-free exercises like pullovers or straight arm lat pull downs work well? I was thinking of switching 1 day to no bicep.
>>
>>38706395
Maybe that's it

I just think that if it was something serious or harmful It would be noticeable all the time
I mean, I walk, lift and do basically everything and I feel ok
I only feel that soreness when I'm sitting

I had a bike accident 7 months ago and had X-rays on all of my back so I guess if I had something fucked they'd see, no?
But I heard you need to take a shit for them to see your lower back properly so dunno
>>
>>38706433
You seem to know the difference between soreness and pain so I'd guess you're not doing any major damage.

If you had a bike accident it could be some left over nerve damage you're feeling. I'm not a doctor though so if it really bothers you get an appointment.
>>
newfag here, my left bicep is alot more sore than my right bicep, did i do something wrong or is my fap arm just stronger?
>>
>>38706408
I'm not aware of any additional benefit form bicep free exercises.

I can't see why you'd switch, I used to train biceps pretty much everyday since that was the only way I'd see growth. Currently I have a pull up bar in the house which I do a set on every time I walk past it. You aren't going to do any damage training them often.
>>
>>38706466
Right arm is probably just more used to being fatigued. Your left arm will catch up fairly quickly
>>
File: LfuI3B6.jpg (2MB, 4564x2912px) Image search: [Google]
LfuI3B6.jpg
2MB, 4564x2912px
>Find a good grill
>best gf I ever had
>bit Overweight
>Not a whale but needs to take of her self
>hits the gym sometime but no progress yet to be seen
>recently started mentioning that she is not into that healthy lifestyle

To be honest I am not into fat grills and I really do not want to spend rest of my life with some whale. Should i leave her?

Pic related. Not me but something i want to avoid.
>>
>>38706665

From the sounds of it she has no chances of improving. Fat grills like that only get fatter over time. You should dump her.

>>38706068

Peanut butter?
>>
File: oi.jpg (358KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
oi.jpg
358KB, 2048x1536px
Give my a bodyfat estimate please

I tried to use calipers but got stupid ass results like 8%, guess that's what I get for buying the cheapest piece of shit I could find
>>
>>38706684
14-16%
>>
>>38706665
Is she who you want as the mother of your children?
>>
How do I bulk as an unemployed university student living with my parents? I can't afford all the food I would need, and frankly, neither could they
>>
>>38706769

Rice and beans, milk.
>>
>>38706769
What is your budget?
>>
>>38706790
Me personally? Maybe $10 a week
I have no idea about my family finances, but I'd guess an average middle-class wage
>>
File: PHIT.png (511KB, 1620x1320px) Image search: [Google]
PHIT.png
511KB, 1620x1320px
Is there any updated version to this routine?
Or any way to improve/simplify it?

Preparing to graduate from SS to another program. All lifts are beyond intermediate.
>>
Is fridge-mode aesthetic?
>>
>>38706815
Cook in bulk, store in fridge/freezer and reheat for meals throughout the week.

Mince based meals are good, massive lasagnes, chili etc.

Beans and lentils are a good source of cheap protein. Lentils can even be used to replace pasta in dishes.
>>
File: 1426610986153.jpg (787KB, 1600x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1426610986153.jpg
787KB, 1600x1036px
I used to be a fat fuck. Lost 50 pounds, started lifting, now I'm not a fat fuck but a chubby fuck. My issue is, I have gyno (man tits) and it makes me borderline suicidal. Does anybody know roughly what bf% they might go away so I know if I should get surgery or just keep working out? I'm at about 23% right now.

P.S When I saw a doctor about it the paper said "Mild gyno due to lifestyle choices" which I assume might mean being overweight, not the hormonal kind of gyno, so maybe I can lose my tits as I lose weight.
>>
>>38706466
>fap arm
>not fapping with both hands
sub 8in dicklet detected
>>
What happens if you grill a steak and leave it on the car for one hour

will I die
>>
>>38702252

any non-meme programs for this?
>>
Ever since I started cutting and eating much less my appetite has plummeted, and I used to eat alot so this is concerning. For example, I just lifted weights a few hours ago and it's past 11 AM. I have't had anything today except some creatine water and a few cups of coffee along with water, and I'm not even hungry. Is this normal?
>>
>>38707007
>on-meme programs
The fuck is this supposed to mean
>>
I just it my leg with 28kg
I am limping home
Should i put ice on it?
>>
>>38706939
If they aren't gone by 15% then it may be hormonal. 23% is still pretty fucking fat though so not easy to tell.

>>38707006
leave it on a car?

>>38707007
Not tailor made. Read up about periodisation and varying intensity to get an idea about what it would entail. It'll take a fair amount of personal experience to know what works for you too.

>>38707032
I have the same desu. It's never bothered me
>>
>>38707078
asked father to bring from our restaurant a grilled lean beef and its been 1hour and i'm still waiting for him to arrive

wondering if this is safe for consumption
>>
>>38707052

Last time I was looking for a 5x+ a week benching routine, I ended up with this shit:

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/bench-most-dayz

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/bench-more-to-bench-more

The second one is not nearly as guilty as the first one, but I have some of the same complaints; I'm looking for a routine I can follow by incorporating a set of rules, not a "on the first monday do this for this many reps, on the third thursday do .8x what you did that monday for 6 sets" etc. that leaves you with no understanding of what you did and why.

I'm sure Smolov program is less annoying than that article makes it look. Also I don't think smolov is for novices anyway.
>>
How much time do you sink weekly for the gym?
>>
>>38707170
depends if there's people using the only squat rack or not and if I stretch in the gym after my work out

so between 40mins-1h and 20mins

if i'm with someone it's like 2h
>>
>>38707096
Yeah it'll be fine as long as it hasn't come into contact with uncooked meat since it's been cooked
>>
are BCAAs actually helpful?
>>
>>38707170
>>38707197
fuck thats one work out not weekly

weekly is basically that x3
>>
>>38707130
You need an understanding of training intensity and volume really.

Basically, it's about accruing weekly volume by varying the intensity (%of 1RM) you are lifting.
>>
>>38707216
If you have a nutritious diet then they're a waste of money I think.
>>
>>38707254
REally? Everything I read about them says theyre more for recovering during your workout
>>
>>38705682
well you could google it but basicly you
-work a muscle AGAIN like 24-36h after you hit it in a workout for example right before bed you do 1 bicep 1 tricep exercise
- you do it with very high reps, low weight go for pump, NO muscle breakdown
- you flush the muscle with fresh blood/nutrients
- goal is to extend the muscles growing state, help it grow with fresh blood and extended stimulus
- youd do it for 1-2 muscle groups lagging behind i.e. calves, arms shoulders
>>
File: qalLq4C.jpg (31KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
qalLq4C.jpg
31KB, 479x720px
>>38707218
>>38707197
Thanks for the reply
>>
>>38700120
>I'm a novice at lifting.
>Been doing it lightly for a year, got nearly all my nooby gains.
>Finally committing a bulk
>BMR says I burn off 1.4k cals a day
>Sticky says eat 250 cals more than I burn
Is 2,000 calories enough food to make gains?
>>
>>38707278
BMR =/= TDEE

You need to eat more than you burn per day, BMR is basically what you use if you're comatose.
>>
>>38707270
why you ask though?

3h per week is more than enough
>>
>>38707236

would you mind sharing some (not too dense) resources? I asked my doctor (social setting, not appointment setting) what he thinks is the most effective exercise routine and he mentioned something about daily undulating periodization, but for the most part articles about that seem pretty dense, or are super general blog posts from sites I don't really trust.

I like having specific references that I can discuss and read discussions about like SS and GSLP, both of which have books and very specific ways of running their program

I know there's a lot of "knowing what works for you" in there, but I'm going to need something that answers all my questions if I'm going to start something new
>>
How do I bear dropsets on deadlift?
>>
>>38707262
Sounds like a meme, physiologically it doesn't really gel with my understanding of muscle growth.

Just do more accessories and increase volume for the lagging body part. Myo reps and shit seems to work though.

Also blood starved training apparently is really good for additional muscle fatigue.

That shit sounds really broseciencey though

>>38707319
Everything I've read about it has been pretty dense I'm afraid. It's quite interesting once you dive into it though.

SS and GSLP are beginner programs which makes them really simple to break down, since in newbies you can simplify the explanations for techniques which lead to a training response.

When you get beyond that into more advanced lifters it becomes a lot more dense. Mainly because the reason they are advanced lifters is that they no longer respond to linear progression, so any progress is much slower, and much more complicated physiologically because you are experiencing massive diminishing returns for the work you are putting in.
>>
how much cholesterol should I be consuming daily? will I die if I consume above my needs(no idea how to calculate it)
>>
>>38706683
I am actually considering it. I am mostly afraid that she will end with same obesity problems as here mother.

>>38706720
I think she would be good mother but i am also afraid that we might have overweight children.

thanks for reply guys.
>>
File: 1378657581131.gif (458KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1378657581131.gif
458KB, 300x400px
>>38707314
Just tipping the toe.
I'm 1.83 and 64kg.

Gotta start getting big.
>>
Shortstory had to take some heavy meds, prozolam or some shit like that, all I know is that it was benzos
fucked my brain completely and I cut the inner side of my forearm like an emo faggot

now this is really embarassing since some lightning shows it

how do I fix this without surgery? I even though of a tattoo but I dont enjoy them and have no idea if they'll work
>>
How many proteins should you get in a day? one g for every pound?
>>
>>38707521
10 for every 5 kg
>>
Say I had a shitty 5/10 chest workout this morning which lacked intensity and I didn't lift quite as heavy as usual. If I do a 2nd, more intense chest workout this afternoon (5 hours later) after I actually digest a good meal and caffeinate a little bit, will that be in any way detrimental?
>>
>>38707369
It's not worth measuring desu

>>38707491
Nobody will notice it. If they do they probably won't assume self harm. Just own it.

>>38707584
It won't really make much of a difference. A single bad workout isn't the end of the world
>>
how much can your BMR possibly be lowered by weight loss?

I've hit a plateau for two months now and cannot figure out what the fuck the problem is.
>>
>>38707491
No one will notice, I was a cutting faggot too, and my chets, shoulders and are arms are all marked, yet I go shirtless often and no one even sees it, and those who see it I tell it was playing my dog and cats.
>>
>>38707803
If you are interested by the way, there are some dermatological treatments with creams, etc, that can help make scars less visible, but I don't think you'll need that, unless you did some hardcore shit, cutting scars are small and subtle by nature.
>>
>>38707684

If you hit a plateau after cutting for a while it's good to increase your caloric intake by a few hundred calories to reset your maintenance. I don't really know the science behind it.
>>
Starting Creatine. Should i load for a few days and then go to 5g/day?
>>
>>38707684
>>38708035
Yes your BMR decreases as you lose weight. By how much depends on your metabolic health and bf% among other factors.

A refeed doesn't reset your maintenance, the theory (from what I have read) is it replenishes glycogen stores and will release any excess water weight you may be carrying as a result of extended caloric deficit. To refeed just have a couple of days eating at maintenance or a couple 100 calories above.

If after that you are still stalling with weight loss then you need to decrease your calorie intake again until you continues losing weight.

>>38708090
I wouldn't bother, just take 5g a day.
>>
Can I make noob gains using 10 kg dumbbells? (10 kg each hand)
>>
>>38708294
>If after that you are still stalling with weight loss then you need to decrease your calorie intake again until you continues losing weight.

That's what I was afraid of. I lost 25lbs earlier this year like it was nothing. Got a shitty job that took up too much of my time and fucked up my diet, quit after 2 months, and got back on track. Since then, almost 0 progress.

I was eating at 1550 cal/day, so recently I decreased it to 1250. I'm trying it out for 2 weeks and seeing if there's a difference. If yes, I continue till I hit goal weight. If no, I'm seeing a doctor.
>>
Hey /fit/ in order to start bulking do I have to cut until to a really low bf% such as 10 12% first or should I lose enough weight until I am moderately skinny then put up the muscle mass and reduce the bf% in that way?

I have lost around 11 kg so far while lifting and got thin enough but I don't know at what point I should start bulking
>>
>>38708368
You can bulk whenever the hell you want to, it's just a matter of preference of how thin you want to be before starting that process.
>>
>>38708363

Only for some exercises (high rep OHP, curls). You're better off doing pushups for chest and triceps instead of DB bench with that amount of weight.
>>
>>38708364
What's you height, weight and current bf%?

>>38708368
Tbh When I'm bulking I try to avoid going over 18% bf. What's currently working for me is hovering around 15% and accepting I'll bulk fairly slowly. I'm still making progress though and the upside is it's easy to keep my diet consistent, with only occasional increase in calories needed if I stall particularly hard.
>>
>>38708390
Ok let me put it this way then my end goal is to be 80 kg (currently cut from 80 to 69) with around 12 bf% . I may have to cut a few kg again after bulking but is it really better to get skelly mode ? I am 174 cm and for sure I don't wanna go below 65 kg
>>
>>38708414
>>38708417
Just for clearance 12 bf% is end goal not current bf
>>
>>38708436
I figured as much, you must be pretty skelly at the moment though or do you just have very little lean mass too?
>>
Is notgay if she has a feminine penis, r-right?
>>
>>38708417
180cm, 80kg, 18-19% bf according to eyeball guesses and calculators.
>>
>>38704573
Squat plug, and don't cheap out on one.
>>
>>38708458
Currently lifting?
>>
>>38704657
It's all small senpai.
>>
>>38708453
With respect to before it is really good. I lost my manboobs and my belly is almost completely gone. It is just that since I have always been on a deficit I haven't made any noticeable muscle which is to be expected I assume.

I have never tried gaining weight on purpose but I am planning to eat around +300 surplus (about 2800 kcal) while continuing my lifting. I just don't know how the body reacts such as if I do things correctly would I be looking leaner as I am increasing my weight or would I notice my muscle after I finish bulking and cut again?

I really don't wanna end up like SS+GOMAD threads I don't want all this work to be for nothing desu
>>
>>38708493
as much as I can, 3x a week. Also doing C25k.
>>
>>38705229
>Should I end it?
If you mean your cut, yes.
>>
File: GSLP.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
GSLP.png
47KB, 547x465px
>>38708520
I'd eat at maintenance and start GSLP (pic related) and see where that gets you lean mass wise after a few months.
>>
File: Lat Pulldown.jpg (8KB, 296x296px) Image search: [Google]
Lat Pulldown.jpg
8KB, 296x296px
My gym recently had a much needed refurbishment. They've replaced the 'traditional' lat pulldown with one of these things. Anyone have thoughts/experience with these/making the most of it?
>>
How many times a week should you fap?
>>
File: 1468029358798.jpg (61KB, 501x434px) Image search: [Google]
1468029358798.jpg
61KB, 501x434px
What are the BEST resources to read on Creatin?
>>
File: Greyskull-LP fit.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
Greyskull-LP fit.png
37KB, 700x600px
>>38708561
I have been doing pic related which is very similar to Phrak's with added dumbbell accessories. I am planning to cut until I am 68 then as you said switch to maintenance for a small time then slowly add the surplus.

Thanks anon
>>
I seem to have this thing called "Butt Wink", shoud I try to fix it?And how do I fix it?After my squat workout I feel kinda "intense"/"stressed" in my lower back(its not pain though).
Also, on my last training I felt overall weaker than my previous day.I could not do as good as two trainings before with my pendley and bench press, Is it normal or have I somehow fucked up?
>>
>>38708561
>>38708595
I forgot to mention I don't alternate barbell rows with chinups I try to always to both and do chinups also at home with the frequency method mentioned in the book. Also I am planning to add around 100 push ups a day when I switch to bulking
>>
>>38708595
I was about to ask which accessories I should add to Greyskull LP, is this a good choice? I want to get more upper body hypertrophy exercises.
>>
>>38708647
I don't know if this is an optimum accessory work since I am a noob but I gained some muscle mass in my arms even on a deficit. But I would also like to hear what other anons think
>>
File: cheatyleverages.jpg (123KB, 697x889px) Image search: [Google]
cheatyleverages.jpg
123KB, 697x889px
>>38708563
Just do pull ups, use resistance bands if you're too fat to get enough sets in. Personally I hate the plane of motion of those machines.

>>38708593
examine dot com
I promise I'm not a shill

>>38708614
Do you have really tight hamstrings?

>>38708628
Looks good to me. Good luck with it!

>>38708647
Yeah it's fine.
>>
File: colton-haynes-jaw-clench-main.jpg (156KB, 560x423px) Image search: [Google]
colton-haynes-jaw-clench-main.jpg
156KB, 560x423px
Is 24 too late to develop my jaw?
I read somewhere that your jaw keeps growing til 25 ish, I want to grow my jaw, should I be chewing to help it develop?

Any jaw hacks?
>>
>>38708666
How do I check if I have tigh hamstrings?
>>
>>38708692
Can you touch your toes without bending your knees?
>>
>>38708666
Thanks anon
>>
>>38708703
Kinds hurts but I can
>>
>>38708688
HGH
>>
>>38708725
With a flat back or arched?
>>
>>38708666
Thanks anon. What numbers on my lifts should I be expecting to hit when I switch to bulking and let's say reach 80 kg body mass.

I am thinking that GSLP would be sufficient enough to take me to my goal with the added accessories and bodyweight stuff

Current stats

Height 174 cm
Weight 69kg

Bench 62kg 3x5
OHP 40kg 3x5
Squat 70kg 3x5
Deadlift 75kg 1x5

It has been about 5 months all on a cut. I don't always rush to increase the weight desu and I started with the empty bar
>>
>>38708736
Arched, just tried to do with flat back but It seems to be impossible for me
>>
>>38708725
Sounds like they're a little tight, just do stretches and loosen them up, although they'll loosen up just by doing squats, deads and leg press anyway

>>38708728
Pls anon, I'm not cheating my way there, what's the point
>>
Why do my legs shake uncontrollably when doing leg press? newfag btw
>>
>>38708794
Because you're weak.

Do squats and get stronger
>>
>>38708794
Because your legs are weak as balls.

Lower the weight and increase the reps, it'll stop after a few weeks

First steps are the hardest, I believe you'll make it brah

Source: I had literally the same thing when I started on leg press
>>
>>38700120
When doing bench, how far down should I go? Just starting out and I've heard you are supposed to stop the bar and dumbbells when your arms form 90 degrees. Is that truth?
>>
>>38708748
It's hard to say to be honest.

You should easily add 30kg to bench, 15kg to OHP, a 3 plate squat should be on the cards (definitely 130kg) and maybe a 170kg deadlift? It depends on your leverages and how well you respond to training really.
>>
>>38708828
The lower you go, the further you have to push it back up.
The further you have to push it back up, the more work your chest is doing.
>>
>>38708828
Barbell bench press touches your chest at the bottom of the sternum.

Dumbbell bench press should get you a better range of motion. Your elbows will be at an acute angle for both
>>
>>38708834
The thing that confuses me is that I always see these high numbers on the internet but at the gym I always train at the same time with the local rugby team (guys with physiques that dwarf me) but even those guys rarely lift 2 pl8 bench or +100kg squat
>>
File: have you tried trying.jpg (130KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
have you tried trying.jpg
130KB, 768x768px
>>38708876
This'll be after a considerable amount of time on GSLP, your linear progression should end around those numbers if you do the programme and are consistent. Local rugby team are probably fiarl;y high bf% and their training goals aren't necessarily to lift a lot of weight. The point of those beginner programmes is to get you strong. And with enough time invested you can get quite strong just with linear progression assuming you have high enough weekly training volume.

You don't have to get strong. I don't know what your goals are, but the numbers I've given you are attainable should you wish to reach them.
>>
How exactly do you cut? Just eat TDEE - 500? Do you need to care about macros?
>>
>>38708925
Not the guy you're talking to but I'm a beginning lifter and was doing my own routine for a few weeks. Realized that was a bad idea and switched over to GSLP. On that note, I kept the weights I was using on my benches, squats, etc. Was that ok or should I start back from scratch and work my way back up again?
>>
>>38708956
Read the goddamn sticky

There's a whole section on cutting

But if you're a lazy shit, keep your fat consumption down and tdee-500. If you want to maintain muscle at the same time keep the protein consumption up
>>
>>38708925
Thanks anon I'll do my best I wouldn't have imagined I'd be lifting almost my body weight 5 months ago. I wasn't even able to a single chin-up so probably you are right
>>
Can you get gains while cutting?
>>
>>38708973
If you can handle the weight then stick to it. It always irritates me when beginners needlessly drop weight, you'll just be spinning your wheels.

Remember; it's meant to feel heavy, but you should still be able to move it when you try hard enough.
>>
>>38708973
I am the anon who is doing the GSLP. Just carry over your weights and when you eventually get stuck to the 10% deload the program suggests and try to do your best in the AMRAP sets. I don't think you have to start from scrratch
>>
>>38709006
Yes but not as quickly as normal

You need protein AND calories to fuel muscle growth, and cutting reduces your caloric intake.

Cutting is primarily used to trim off the fat to show the muscle that you built while bulking & working out
>>
>>38709006
Not really. Any cut where you are losing above 1.4% of your total bodyweight per week will result in you losing lean muscle mass.

The human body really isn't good at balancing energy needs with training adaptation in a caloric deficit.

You might make some newbie gains still however.
>>
>>38708981
>fat consumption down

what? it gives you energy, keeps hormones in check and also kills your hunger for long periods

40-50g fat is enough
>>
>>38709095
Isnt the whole point of cutting to shift fat?
>>
>>38709107
eating fat doesnt make you fat dude

fat is essencial
>>
>>38709107
Please stop answering questions when you don't know anything about basic physiology and diet.

Dietary fat has little to no bearing on how much body fat you acquire.
>>
>>38709129
Then where does it come from?
>>
>>38709138
Then educate me

I'm here to learn like everyone else, no need to be a prick about it
>>
File: 1471541305994.gif (490KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1471541305994.gif
490KB, 350x197px
>>38709107
you can't be serious
>>
File: 1428050779943.jpg (1MB, 1700x2186px) Image search: [Google]
1428050779943.jpg
1MB, 1700x2186px
>>38709150
Ask more questions and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

Assume you know nothing before offering your own advice.
>>
File: X FILES.png (229KB, 360x550px) Image search: [Google]
X FILES.png
229KB, 360x550px
>>38709140
from caloric surplus
>>
>>38709184
>>38709202
Excess calories become fat?
And that it is different to fat found in foods?
>>
>>38709210
Yes
>>
>>38709210
>>38709217
More specifically

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipogenesis
>>
>>38709210
this is one of the people answering our questions
>>
>>38709241
Welcome to the internet
>>
>>38708876
Yes, even the roided jacked dudes on the gym Deadlift less than me, and I'm dyel. Most of them don't care about compound lifts besides the bench press
>>
>>38709229
Thanks brah
>>
>>38706817
Why the hell does it have one routine for whites and another for blacks?
>>
>>38708828
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYKScL2sgCs
>>
lets start over

>>38709766
>>38709766
>>38709766
>>
>>38702740
Jasön two in one shampoo and conditioner worked for me. Expensive as fuck but I've never gone back
Thread posts: 376
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.