[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rotator Cuff Tear?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-09-07-11-45-08.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-07-11-45-08.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
I'm getting some pain in the back of my shoulder and having trouble doing OHP and benches properly now, and from what I've read online I've got a rotator cuff tear. I've got the dull pain down my arm and sitting in my shoulder, it hurts more in positions where I'm holding weight out, and I get a grinding or clicking noise when I rotate my shoulder.

Is it necessary to see a doctor for this, or can I do light excercises with the arm and try to rehabilitate myself?
>>
>>38691419
>screenshot of an image
You are the worst kind of person.
>>
Sorry dude, I'm on my mobile and didn't have anything decent to post.
>>
Dude go to the doctor, you could do more damage if you just try to solve it on your own.
>>
>>38691419
Go to a doctor familia.

To check to see if it's rotator cuff specific, try raising your extended arm from your side slowly up to your head. If there's pain along the first 15-20 degrees of extension from you body it's probably rotator cuff related. Possibly not a tear, it might be inflammation or a pulled muscle. Good luck.
>>
>>38691419
I know your pain OP. If it's your rotator cuff youll feel in in your lat and pectoral, like a barn nail straight through. Symptoms will be weakness in that sides arm, pain during deep breaths while laying flat on a hard surface( the bench made it hurt to breathe for a good 2 weeks whenever I tried it) and pull ups will be an impossible task. I went to the chiropractor thinking it was something up with my back, he set me up with a few deep tissue ultrasound massages and some stretches to do. Really nothing for it but slow recovery. Like, months. Focus on curls and squats and deads. I'm still recovering but I'm finally able to bench 25s again for a short period. So, get an appointment, get an x-ray just to make sure it's nothing serious then do slow self rehab. DO NOT PUSH YOURSELF. It will just inflame it again and destroy your recovery.
>>
>>38691419
You don't need to go to a doctor, what they tell you is on google.

1) go buy a shoulder sling
2) wear that for a week
3)ice for 2 days
4) every day make sure to do pendulums for 1 minute
5)also do 10 bicep curls no weight
6) do both of these 4 times a day every 3 hours to keep your shoulder loose
7) you should feel no more pain after 5 days
8) after the first week just google shoulder rehab shit and do these for 3 weeks

I wouldn't lift for at least a month.
>>
>>38691931
fyi this is what I did. There is no reason to ever go to doctor unless it was trauma, they will just give you the basic recovery copy/pasta papers printed out
>>
>>38691419
yo what account is that? Can't find it
>>
You dont have a torn rotator cuff, what you've done s strained the joint inside

Stretch your pectoral by putting your forearm against a doorframe and maneuver yourself to limber it up. Also start doing shoulder dislocations with at max 5kg. Look up the form and make sure you dont flair your elbows because you want to keep your scapula in place. Fixed my issues.
>>
Get doctor, get MRI. I did this and discovered some sick SLAP. It's not the same as a cuff tear, but the recovery is very similar. Currently wearing a sling post-op, I had to give up months of lifting but I'm sure it was worth it, because now I won't be dislocating my shoulder by opening the door too fast.
>>
File: 1473733753530.png (665KB, 597x596px) Image search: [Google]
1473733753530.png
665KB, 597x596px
>>38691419
i really hurt my shoulder back in june lifting. Heard a pop or snap - couldnt lift my shoulder laterally or anything like that. Thought it was a tear because I could barely move it - went to hospital and they didnt find any tear with ultrasound. Turned out to just be a strain and everything was fine. Healed in a month and I was lifting again.
If it was a tear you probably wouldnt be able to use your shoulder. And also it is REALLY hard to tear your rotator cuff even if you are a dyel. You should see a doctor anyway if its free but idk maybe you are poor and an amerifag
>>
>>38691419
I tore both my rotator cuffs wrestling, only got surgery for one. I dont think you tore it. If you tore it, you would have a sharp and throbbing pain, level of pain depends om how bad you tore it..
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.