[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How how do I know how many calories I burn when lifting /fit/??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: crying.png (612KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
crying.png
612KB, 1280x720px
How how do I know how many calories I burn when lifting /fit/??
>>
>>38690196
iifym calculator has an option for calories burned while lifting
>>
File: 4461774_1470256659790_1.jpg (160KB, 831x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4461774_1470256659790_1.jpg
160KB, 831x1200px
>>38690204
Can't find it.
>>
>>38690196
Eh, its just kinda a ballpark figure based on how long you lift and how hard you lift. It wont be perfectly accurate so you need to pay attention to your progress both fat loss and muscle built and adjust accordingly.
>>
>>38690196
If you're trying to decide how many calories you should eat to lose/gain weight based on how many you spend, you don't need to know this information. If you want to vary your calories between gym days and rest days for more precise weight control, then I'd say 200-300kcal more on gym days.

Because your daily activities mostly follow a repeating pattern, your average daily calorie expenditure is approximately constant. So for the purpose of simply trying to lose or gain weight you don't need to know exactly what number it is, you only need to know if you're eating more, less or the same amount of calories as that.

And these are equivalent with your total energy storage tissue mass (muscle + fat + glycogen), in order, decreasing, increasing and not changing. You can infer the changes in these by measuring your total body weight. You measure your weight every day right after waking up and compare 7-day averages. Pay no mind to the inevitable differences in weight between days and only concern yourself with the weekly averages.
>>
>>38690196
Buy a fitbit watch
>>
>>38690196

>check weight
>eat x kcals
>check weight again in four weeks
>calculate difference
>>
>>38690196
you don't. all online calculators are broad guesses. the only way you can get a good estimate is to count your calories and follow your weight
>>
>>38692217
It's been reported that those are wildly inaccurate. They are a meme.
>>
Lifting about 13,000 pounds tonnage burns 100 calories. This is mainly for squats, bench, and DL.

So doing 10sets of 10 with 135 for bench press should burn close to 100'calories. Now consider the effort to do that and i guess apply it to other lifts.

Im sure for advanced lifter it might be a bit different but idk.
>>
>>38692206
>If you want to vary your calories between gym days and rest days for more precise weight control, then I'd say 200-300kcal more on gym days.
that sounds kinda low. most online meme counters give an estimate of 700-1400 kcal for a 90 minute workout. these are of course vastly exaggerated but I've been eating 500 kcal more on gym days on a cut and it's been working fine for me. in practice that means a 500 kcal after workout shake while eating the same for the rest of the day
>>
>>38690196
Add up how much weight you're lifting, and multiply it by the distance you pushed it.
Force*distance=energy.
>>
>>38692245
That is like no calories for the effort.

Lifting 100kg for 10x10 would only burn 220 kcal
>>
>>38692293

Im judging this off a study where a guy did 200kg deadlifts for like 6 sets of 5. Then he did 12 sets of 5 with 100kg and it was about the same amount of energy used.

He burned about 100 calories based on vox2 and w.e else they measured.

Its the only study i looked into but it feels accurate.
>>
>>38692266
What you want to know is how much more do you spend working out than your average hourly expenditure during the rest of your day. This is probably not that much. If you've determined that you maintain your weight at 3000kcal/day while training, then it follows that your hourly average is 125kcal. Your hourly average when awake will be at least double that of when you're asleep so something like 150-200kcal/hour. During 2 hours of gym training your expenditure is maybe 1.5-2 times higher than your awake average. So maybe 400kcal total more on gym days. Cardio is lot more energy-expensive than lifting since you can maintain it for an extended time instead of only doing short bursts.

Spending a lot of energy quickly is pretty much impossible for ordinary people. This ability is acquired through years of trying to do it regularly which is basically what elite level sports training is. Elite athletes can spend a shit ton of energy while training.

Also, I realized I made that recommendation for bulking. You want to be in a similar surplus on both gym days and rest days when bulking so the increase in calories on gym days should be only the extra amount you spend in training. If you're cutting, you might want to be in a small surplus on gym days and a slightly bigger than standard deficit on rest days. This means the difference in calories between gym days and rest days will be bigger. So, a 500kcal difference on a cut is ok. It could even be higher, like 1000kcal.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.