[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intermittent fasting vs "starvation mode"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: intermittentfasting405.jpg (66KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
intermittentfasting405.jpg
66KB, 600x336px
So /fit/, please explain to me why you are not going into "starvation mode" (the body breaking down muscle to get energy) while fasting for 16-18 hours?

>tfw search online for answer and can't find it.

Also,
Intermittent Fasting Thread.
IF
>>
Because you consume enough calories
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting#Research

literally started a stopwatch, took 6.32 seconds.
>>
>the body breaking down muscle to get energy
not eating is catabolic and when you go catabolic you will eat away muscle 100%, but you will use some fatmass too
>>
>>38683274
So you do lose muscle when IF?
>>
>>38683274
This.

I actually have a drip feeding me 24/7 so I never go catabolic
>>
>>38683303
depends on your total calorie intake but if you're trying to add mass you're definitely crippling your gains
>>
If intermittent fasting is good for you, why is the warrior diet (eating ONE meal a day) bad?
>>
>>38683332
My goal, is to lose fat. I am fat. I wanna bulk when im down allot...
>>
>>38683349
mate stop trying to do these meme diets they arent magic just eat clean and train more
>>
Is IF good for cutting?
I already have my calories set and shit and already go quite a bit of time between my last and first meal of the next day, i'm just wondering if its worth it to squeeze them a bit more to fit IF window and if that would help me at all with the cut
>>
>>38683397
If it helps you stay within your calorie limit, go ahead and do IF.
If you don't need it to help you stay within your calorie limit, don't bother. There's nothing to gain if you're eating throughout the day and staying under maintenance.
>>
>>38683397
OP here,
From the studies i have read on the internet, it is fucking godlike for losing fat. My question is tho, do you lose muscle wile IF
>>
>>38683434
You'll lose muscle if you cut. No matter what.

Just don't cut too much and exercise.

If you really don't want to lose muscle then buy some anavar for your cut.
>>
>>38683434
Yeah IF is great. Fasting is actually very healthy for you outside of the meme fat loss.

I do IF and fast for 24 hours once a week.
>>
>>38683196
it doesn't, the body produces GH during starvation amongst other things as well as glucagon and you'll have to go over 40 hours to burn muscle and this has been tested on professional athletes not fat cunts like you who haven't got a fucking clue what they're talking about

what next? carbs build muscle and fat is bad for you?

read a book you fucking arse
>>
>>38683434
quoted anon here, i havent made much research into IF specifically but judging by what i learned when researching about empty stomach cardio i dont think you will be losing much muscle with IF if you arent working out/doing heavy work while fasting.
>>
>>38683463
>no source
>>
>>38683515
Try opening a physiology book for a change
>>
>>38683463
Thanks and fuck you
>>
>>38683569
that is not an argument lmao

nice way to back up your no source
>>
>>38683590
Nice ad hom. Try digging your way out of your ass before you post next time
>>
>>38683616
>still no source
>>
>>38683582
keep up the bruhscience you thick cunt, you and your fat ass buddies can circle jerk over this and still be fat fucks this time next year
>>
>>38683648
>still in his ass
>>
File: 6EKA2y3.jpg (220KB, 772x1196px) Image search: [Google]
6EKA2y3.jpg
220KB, 772x1196px
>>38683369
bro it's not about the meme diet, it's just easier for some people to eat that way
Have some high test bro
>>
just look at the hodge twins

they couldnt stop preaching it and now they lost all their gains
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.