[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the type of calorie matter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1473639536246.jpg (124KB, 576x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473639536246.jpg
124KB, 576x960px
Let's settle this once and for all. You guys always say Calories In Calories Out (CICO), but is this an absolute fact, or just a general rule of thumb?

For instance, if I eat at a deficit of 500 cals of solely Chicken Breast and Broccoli, vs. a deficit of 500 cals of solely Ice Cream and Cake, over the same period of time will I lose the same amount of fat?

Does the type (Macro) of Calorie matter?
>>
>>38679814
>what weighs more, a pound of lead or a pound of feathers?
>>
>>38679814
>You guys always say Calories In Calories Out (CICO)

Don't lump me in with those faggots. Anyone who possesses a shred of common sense will clearly understand.

No, eating 500 cals of cake != 500 cals of chicken

The macros will be different
The micros will be different
The satiety will be different
The insulin response will be different
The way you feel afterwards will be different

For the sake of argument, yes if you eat only 1000 calories of sugar you will 'lose fat' but you won't gain any muscle, you will feel like total shit and become a skinnyfat leftist nu-male cuck

Eat your meat, dairy, vegetables and fruit like a human being was meant to do.
>>
>>38679877
>what makes a better pillow 1lb of lead or 1lb of feathers
>>
>>38679814
I don't know a lot about the subject but it makes sense to me that the protein you'd get from chicken would help preserve muscle mass more than cake and ice cream

Not to mention if you "cut" on cake and ice cream then you're a fucking retard
>>
>>38679938
Does the chicken cross the Pound of lead or the Pound of feathers
>>
>>38679877
Depends, how much DNP is on the pillow?
>>
>>38679938
What is even your argument?
Strictly for fat loss in the scenario OP suggests fat loss would be the same. Yes, appetite will different, energy would be different, mood will be different but not fat loss, if the regimen is stricly adhered to.

It's not about what's preferable, just what's possible.
>>
>>38679985
My argument is, yeah eating 500 Cal of ice cream will result in the same amount of weight gain/loss, but why eat the shit when you dont have to.

Just in case:
lead =ice cream
feathers = chicken
>>
>>38679985
well fat loss will also be less on the cake diet because you lose more muscle mass without protonz in your diet, but lose the same overall weight
>>
if you lift weights a diet of ice cream and cake will cause a big loss of muscle mass. that would fuck your entire "progress" up. if you include enough protein however, the difference would be much smaller or nonexistent
for someone physically inactive there is practically no difference
>>
You will lose the same amount of weight, not necessarily fat.

Your macro spread and the exercise you do determines the make up of your body. The guy eating chicken and broccoli will have more muscle on him than the cake guy simply because he has the protein stores to repair muscle that gets lightly damaged in every day living. Not to mention his hormonal response would be more beneficial to muscle growth due to the greater presence of micronutrients and protein.

If, however, you were to ensure that protein intake would be the same between the two people, then things get a little trickier, and this is where the IIFYM argument comes into play.
>>
>>38680014
I understand, I just think you kinda missed the point of the question OP was asking. He's not asking ''What is preferable'', he's asking ''Is it possible'', which it is.
>>
>>38680014
>being retarded enough to think the problem was that you didn't explain your moronic metaphore enough
>>
>>38679926
Thread should end here, but instead this will go on for 200+ replies.
>>
>>38680060
I didn't think that was the problem friend, just spicing up my shit post. Perhaps the problem is getting frazzled over what someone says on an anonymous anime cave drawing forum.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.