[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adderall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (395KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
395KB, 1200x800px
Did you guys notice a massive difference in your life after taking the drug for your ADHD?
>>
>>38679684
Nothing in the world makes me gag except seeing pills with little beads in them like that.
>>
>>38679730
London?
>>
>>38679798
nah

stuff just looks so artificial and manufactured that it grosses me out horribly.
>>
>>38679684
I take concerta and my life has never been so great. I never knew i was missing out on so much by having adhd. I have to save enough to refill me prescription though
>>
>>38679684
Fucked my life over. Then again I think I was misdiagnosed. Now I can't get off it without getting too sleepy. Currently trying to step down in small enough steps not to get fucked cause it's mid semester.

Also amphetamines cause permanent brain damage. Not concerta/ritalin (methylphenidate) though.
>>
>>38681483
>Also amphetamines cause permanent brain damage
sauce on this?
>>
>>38679684
I've been taking it for 16 years and I love it. Helps me get shit done and curbs apetite, when I mix it with fitness goals I'm unstoppable.

I'm about to take 45mg right now
>>
>>38679684
Fuck off shill you and that roid guy post everyday
>>
Anyone actually prescribed these by doctors? What's the process like?
I have a feeling that I've been suffering from ADHD or some variant of it my whole life and have just managed to scrape by without help.

I'm anxious though that if I bring it up with my doctor that they'll probably be skeptical and won't take me seriously.
>>
>>38682837
I got prescribed in college. Called up a psych clinic from the school and set up an appointment and got prescribed that same appointment. If you truly think you have it you shouldn't be worried and should just call up a local clinic. Call sooner than later though cause it's usually over a month wait time
>>
>>38682557
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-long-term-effects-of-Adderall-Dexedrine-or-Ritalin-use

It oxidizes something by blocking something that prevents oxidation, apparently methylphenidate doesn't have that mechanism of action, and actually protects if taken with Adderall. I don't know neurochemistry, though. Just a vague recollection of a guy called "Epsilon Alpha". Wrote a lot on this on various forums. Google him and Adderall.

"Brain damage" is an alarming phrase. The neurotoxic effects are not likely to be significant at typical doses, and vastly lower than with actual methamphetamine.

It is a reason, though, to stop at the dosage that is therapeutic, which is low. It doesn't take much to show cognitive benefit. 10mg at one time is enough for me for 3-4 hours, or maybe not, I'm here, instead of studying. Though, before I couldn't even write posts like these before skittering off to another thread. My being here isn't due to impulsiveness, it's just a bad decision.
>>38679684
I started the beginning of this month with 10mg XR, taking it in the car before I drove home. Didn't notice in the car. Didn't notice it walking into my house, but I did notice it when I began to work on schoolwork. The impulses and distractions I would normally immediately yield to, I could recognize, acknowledge, and resist. The first two hours of work were like bliss because I would focus, but I didn't actually feel euphoria as many described. Effects fell off after just two hours, saw a small resurgence, and fell off again. Could have been due to fatigue, but I think 5mg was suboptimal, for me. Called physician after a week on as directed, answered questions, and was directed to take two 10mg XR a day. Better. I think I respond ideally to 10mg at a time. My only problem is, it doesn't last enough, only 7-8 hours. Double that would be ideal, but I'm sure as hell not doubling my price. XR is expensive. Next appointment I'll state my interest in four IRs.
>>
>>38683010
>>38679684
The effects were more subdued than I expected, because I was only familiar with the experiences of others who took it recreationally to get high.

Don't take it and expect there to be a moment where it all falls into place and you, out of nowhere, immediately decide to do whatever it is you've been neglecting, becoming a changed man. It's not like that. It is still your responsibility to initiate and persist in work, it just makes it easier. It's on you to fix your behavior, and changing habits isn't instant. It makes it easier to focus, but you must still choose to focus on something productive. If you do so, you will find normally tedious tasks more rewarding, but you've got to take the right road on the two-pronged path. It has allowed me to take responsibility. Now I can't deny that what I do is on me.

I'm choosing to go on 4chan. You should choose to focus on something more productive.
>>38682837
Mentioned concern about ADHD to physician at yearly checkup, was referred to psychologist, set meeting, had evaluation. Apparently, while cognition was well above average, it was also highly variable, in a way consistent with ADHD. Apparently certain visual tasks place higher demands on attention, and while still above average, my scores were considerably lower in those parts of the test than in others. So he wrote the evaluation, I got it to my physician, we talked about treatment, and got my prescription.

Also, some won't diagnose you if you can't concretely explain how it is negatively effecting your life, and you need to show signs of it in your childhood as well.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.