[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memefasting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: canvas.png (505KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
canvas.png
505KB, 640x360px
we had a great debate about it the other day

many people here swear by it, and i tried to point out the drawbacks of a long term IF regime, such as binge disorders and massive fat gain once you resume into the plain 3+ meals a day

the youtube 'fitness' community won't help in that matter, because they cash on views and powder. IF is the buzzword of 2016 fitness crowd. Fasting is the last metabolic meme, that is literally hiding a plain old caloric deficit added to a training regime.

to the point:
peep what these sumo wrestlers do to gain body fat while training

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUrzBKVvvDY

redpill@3:15

this meme needs to end
IF meme NEEDS TO DIE, it is as bad as hiprotein or keto
>>
the thing that matters most with diets is compliance. it doesn't really matter what diet it is or what kind of bullshit reasons are uses to sell it, the only thing that matters is whether or not someone will stick to it. lots of people seem to find it easy to eat less on IF
>>
works for me mate
>>
>>38679022
>>38679023
i agree
and i did it for 6 months
but no matter what i read, i always find another book that tells me that high carb is the only real way to go

just trying to get this into a healthy debate desu
>>
>>38679050
you need carbs if you train hard. if not then it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>38678991
Please read one of the numerous papers done on fasting and weight loss and lifespan, or watch the BBC/Discovery (not sure) documentary on it before you spout inane bullshit and try to back it up with a youtube video.
>>
>>38679050
>but no matter what i read, i always find another book that tells me that high carb is the only real way to go

There is so much conflicting information out there about health and fitness (like so much that it kind of boggles my mind)
>>
>>38679159
agree
also this
>>38679022

>>38679144
i will spout whatever i want mate
and i talk from experience
also, i am coming from an R&D environment, and i know how those papers are financed
it is really sad
>>
>>38679197
Ok friend. Just because you can't IF properly and binge on 1000 calories over your max is nobody's fault but yours. A constant anabolic condition in your body is dangerous and carcinogenic.
>>
>>38678991
>IF is the buzzword of 2016 fitness crowd

Try 2011
>>
>>38678991
Retardation : the post
>>
>>38679197
>also, i am coming from an R&D environment, and i know how those papers are financed
it is really sad

I'm wondering what is your stance toward macros and dieting in general for weightloss, mate.
3 meals a day and calorie counting?

Also I do IF because it's convenient.
>>
>>38678991
I couldn't eat breakfast if I wanted to... always had trouble getting food down early in the morning and now I'm on meds that make me queasy. So IF it is.
>>
>>38679328
>stance toward macros and dieting in general for weightloss

any macro based diet works for weightloss, just by helping with hunger levels and caloric control

memes also work (and sell books): cut any macronutrient for massive weightloss, no calorie counting
fasting is also a good way: feasting in the evening when insulin sensitivity is low
long term is the untold story: binges, non-alcoholic fatty liver, sleep disruption, type-II diabetes, cataracts, massive attention disorders, fried adrenals, zero gains

Healthy fatloss and muscle gains are a very different matter; check any sports related book: (bodybuilding does not apply)
high carb, fast and slow, veggies and fruits, tubers, legumes, protein and healthy fats, in that order
liftan and HIIT (avoid to maximize muscle gains), cardio to lean out a little
and for the autists: -500kcal deficit below TDEE to get lean and don't waste muscle

>sumos use IF to gain fat
what do you think about the video?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.