[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just dumbbells

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 384886-funny-pictures-bulking-up.jpg (205KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
384886-funny-pictures-bulking-up.jpg
205KB, 2560x1600px
Can I make it with just dumbbells, a bench, dip and pull up bar?

DBs I'd have to progress by adding sets and reps rather than weight when I reach a certain point.. is this still adequate?
>>
>>38678108
Just go to a fucking gym

if you can't afford a gym membership you have bigger problems than fitness
>>
>>38678108
>Can I make it with just dumbbells, a bench, dip and pull up bar?
define 'making it' what are your goals? if you want to build muscle, it is not ideal.
>DBs I'd have to progress by adding sets and reps rather than weight when I reach a certain point.. is this still adequate?
it doesn't work like that. only heavy lifting builds muscle. you need weight.
if you do it correctly, you will squat 120-200 lbs after just one month of training. your dummbells will be too light.
you can't squat and deadlift with dumbbells. a) the weight is not heavy enough and b) dumbbells will hit the floor when squatting so you can't reach depth

you can probably make it, but it's slower and not ideal.
>>
c) plus you can't microload dummbells so you will have larger jumps in weight which causes stalling and d) you can't hold them with your back which limits the weight you can squat
>>
>>38678108
As always: If you're a complete beginner, everything will work for you.

The disadvantages to just using dumbells and basic calisthenis, is that your legs wil remain small af. Deadlifts and squats are simply impossible to do effectively with dumbells. You can do some shitty dumbell hack squats but that's about it. When it comes to your lower back, you'd have to resort to good mornings or weighted hyperextensions.
>>
>>38678108
Yes you can. I did this for a while as a poorfag. I'd basically rep the shit out of everything until I could do 5x20. While I was doing that I'd save money and buy more plates (threaded DBs) when I reached that goal. Then I'd start over with the higher weight. Made pretty good progress until I could finally afford power rack and Olympic weights
>>
>>38678108
Yes. Yes you can. Up to a certain point.

The thing is that you'll need to add more weight (more sets or more reps won't do shit), so after a few months you'll need to switch to barbell if you want to keep progressing. That said, there are some clever exercises to overload some muscles with only DB, but in the end a barbell it's just easier.
>>
>>38678230
That being said, if you invested some more money and got a good bar and weights and a rack stand, you've got a nice home gym right there. If you're not too fucktarded, you'll learn how to let the weight drop from your back if you can't finish a rep on squats.
>>
>>38678170
He wasn't asking if it was ideal.

>Only heavy lifting builds muscle.

Actually believing this crap.
>>
>>38678170
>squatting 200lbs in the first month
>>
>>38678309
You forget some people weigh that much so it's easy for them
>>
File: 1463666823482.png (3MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1463666823482.png
3MB, 1200x1200px
>>
>>38678108
you won't reach that point until like 2-3years in
you do know that a dumbbell can have lmao2pl8 on it?
>>
File: 345.jpg (51KB, 554x710px) Image search: [Google]
345.jpg
51KB, 554x710px
forget about legs until you join a gym and focus on achieveing a 50kg weighted pull up and a 30kg weighted RING dip, just put plates on a back pack. If that doesn't make you have a massive upper body (as well as other accesory lifts) I don't know what will.
>>
>>38678187
Not true, I have 0.5, 0.75, 1.25kg weights for my dumbells, so I can increment in 250g intervals easily.
>>
File: potato.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
potato.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>>38678108
A
Dips 5x10
Tricep extensions 5x10-12 (15kg)
Upright dumbbell row 5x10-12 (5kg)
Front raises 5x10-12 (5kg)

B
Pullups or chinups 5x10
Bicep curl of your choice 5x10-12
DB Rows 5x10
Straight bridges 5x10

C
Squats 5x10
Pushups 5x10 (if 2 ez then feet on couch)
Reverse crunch
Russian Twist

ABCABCX
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.