[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is cycling /fit/ approved? If not, why not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: andre-greipel-winning.jpg (120KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
andre-greipel-winning.jpg
120KB, 1800x1200px
Is cycling /fit/ approved?

If not, why not?
>>
>>38674292
>voluntarily losing all your gains
>2011+4+1+2-1-1
>>
File: tumblr_mkclkvKNed1s1bdg8o7_540.jpg (22KB, 532x598px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkclkvKNed1s1bdg8o7_540.jpg
22KB, 532x598px
maybe track cycling, but defiantly not regular cycling, everyone is a skelly in it.

Pic related, a track champion.
>>
Why wouldn't /fit/ love steroid central?
>>
>>38674292
Biking is great desu. Have an easy 5k commute to Uni, and do it twice a day(20km+ a day). Keeps me in shape in addition to lifting.
>>
>>38674526
Yup, I was about to post him

But I would argue that even the road sprinters can be pretty /fit/ (not super hench mode, but slightly muscular mode)

It's the same principle as running. Sprinters like Usain Bolt or Chris Hoy or Andre Greipel are muscular. Endurance athletes like Mo Farah or Bradley Wiggins or Chris Froome are skelly mode.

>>38674651
You commute to uni twice a day? Shit. I used to do that in my first year (six years ago... fuck) to eat lunch back in my halls. But I should have probably just stayed on campus and made friends 2bh, instead of being such a fucking loner
>>
>>38674674
>But I should have probably just stayed on campus and made friends 2bh, instead of being such a fucking loner
Easier said than done m8. It's really difficult to make friends if you're an introvert.
>>
>>38674688

You just do it, you ain't gonna get anywhere in life if you close yourself off m8

Even if you make a dick of yourself it's better to make mistakes and learn from them than to never make mistakes at all
>>
>>38674674
I go home to eat(maybe at lunch or when classes are done). GO back to chill/ study with friends.
Biked on a weed brownie on friday in traffic. Bikign second nature to me now, go home drunk easily.
>>
>>38674699
I wish I could but it seems so surreal and unrealistic to me to just approach people and make friends with them. I have no idea how other people do it, it happens naturally to everyone else except for me
>>
>>38674731
Seems like a meme answer, but have you read "How to win friends and influence people". The advice he gives is very simple, just apply it in life.
Here's a quick summary.
http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/carnegie/win-friends.html
Join clubs or teams, or at your work place. Start of making light conversation, "about about them local sports team, how about that local weather", exchange a few words. Introduce your self and take it from there.
>>
>>38674731
Well I would say identify people that you think you would get along with, and try and make friends with them. That's how I've always done it. Rather than just go up to anybody at random. And I did indeed make friends at uni this way, although only a few that I sort of stuck to. I should have started lifting (didn't start till later), which probably would have given me the confidence to be more relaxed, outgoing, willing to talk to people outside my normal comfort zone too (which I think is what uni is definitely for. Especially in first year most people are really friendly and just want to get to know everyone)

>>38674713
Drunk cycling is awesome. Not tried high cycling, at least that I can remember.
>>
Of course.
I'm starting a 14 week cycle on Wednesday
>>
>>38674292
>not hitting the trifecta of swim, bike, run

Tbh, you're not really fit unless your iron distance is under ten hours and you're in the 1000lb club
>>
>>38674292
Anyone who does cardio is a faggot. If you need to lose weight just increase your reps and sets and adjust your diet.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.