[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 26

File: 1429981024684.jpg (122KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1429981024684.jpg
122KB, 999x624px
Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
>>
Hey fellas

So after a long plateau of being a fat weakling I'm starting to think I simply can't lose anymore weight without gaining some muscle first.

Should I do starting strength? I figure I should eat at maintenance.

Do carbs matter?
>>
What's the actual consensus on creatine? The daily meme thread about it seems to have died down since I last came to /fit/. Is the balding fear gone now?
>>
>>38672850
I take 5 mg every day but who knows if it helps. i'm in good shape and all but i'm not sure what to attribute it to.
>>
Sexual health question:

At what point should I be concerned about a bump that's appeared on the shaft of my penis?

It was never there before, and it is noticeably bigger than the normal bumps that you'd find, although still pretty small. As in, I'm aware that it's there when I take a leak or fap.

It's flesh colored, not painful, doesn't really seem hard like you'd expect a wart or something to be.

Assuming it doesn't change, I can ignore it, right? Or should I have a doctor look immediately?
>>
For the calorie calculators, is the physical activity referring to cardio mainly? I think I read that here some time ago.
If that's true and I don't get a lot of cardio, would I put my physical activity level to the lowest level?
>>
Should I get transitional lenses or just save up for laser eye? My eyes are absolute shit and I just want to wear sunglasses
>>
Do you guys save up your semen in a jar or just lick it off your hand on a daily basis?
>>
>>38673035
I got laser eye, and it was the best decision I ever made.

If you are a suitable candidate for it, I'd definitely go for it.
Just keep in mind that there is always the possibility that it won't work for you, but if it does, it's worth the money.
JUst make sure you shop around for a VERY reliable surgeon
>>
I want to lean bulk.

I have a small amount of muscle by your standards (I'm a dyel) But I have enough muscle to pull off ottermode and not look like a retard, except for maybe my chest. If I get to a lean body fat percentage and lean bulk, my body fat percentage is bound to go up, but how fat will I get even when eating clean?
>>
posted yesterday, no response
I often find that at the end of my weight training workouts than I'm exhausted and couldn't lift a finger, but within 20 minutes I could do the whole routine again

what gives? Should I just give myself more rest between sets and keep pushing? It seems a bit like a siren's call and that giving in'll fuck me up
>>
>>38672746
>Should I do starting strength?
Do a beginners' program and stick with it. Doesn't matter much which one, although I'm sure some people will fight tooth and nail for their favorite.

>I figure I should eat at maintenance.
If you have more fat to lose, try it at a deficit at first. When your lifts stall, up the calories. Rinse, repeat...

>Do carbs matter?
To whom? In what regard?
>>
>>38672850
It's pretty much the only supplement (other than brotein) that everyone agrees is actually good for you. Not in a huge way, but still...
>>
>>38673008
How big? You said not hard, so it's liquid filled then, like a blister? I was gonna say a sebacious cyst, but they're kind of hard.
>>
>>38673015
If you're overweight, usually best to choose sedentary on TDEE calcs, unless you are a construction worker or something where you're really working up a sweat for a good chunk of the day.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
My kitchen counter is starting to look like this. What do you guys do to wrangle your powder supplements? I was just at TJ Maxx looking at all the little Tupperware container sets. Is there anything that can dispense measured doses of powder? Need two teaspoons of baka, one of creatine, 1/2 t of potassium citrate, 1/8 t of beta alanine...
>>
>>38672897
>>38672850
What do you mean who knows? Creatine is the single most studied supplement and the only supplement aside from "performance enhancing drugs" that everyone agrees actually works. Take 5mg a day everyday forever. If you have a family history of male pattern baldness, maybe don't take it. It seems to contribute to balding in genetically predisposed men.
>>
>>38673107
>like a siren's call
Probably. How much you resting between sets now?
>>
>>38673015
Sedentary means you literally lay in bed all day and do nothing. Light activity means you get up and be a productive adult in society. So pick light activity. If you work as a bike messenger, construction worker, or some other very active profession, then pick something else. It does not refer to cardio or any actual exercise. You can add this daily just like to add food.
>>
>>38673086
My gf always swallows it before I can save it.
>>
>>38673097
Who cares? Eat at a 500 calorie surplus and lift big. Your other option is to not do that and stay dyel forever. Bulk and cut like everyone else who's ever been aesthetic.
>>
>>38673148
no bigger than the head of a pin.

Like I said, it's still pretty small, it's just that it's noticeable, and it was never there before.
>>
>>38673218
check goodwill for containers. reuse old jars. stop measuring using imperial units.
>>
>>38673283
So getting fat is the only way? Not complaining, just wondering.
>>
>>38673097
>how fat will I get even when eating clean?
As fat as you wanna get. Nobody woke up one morning and discovered they were obese.
>>
>>38673243
when the burning stops, so about 15-20 seconds
>>
>>38673090
How much was yours/how bad were ur eyes?
>>
>>38673285
Where on the shaft is it? Possibly a blocked hair follicle. Can you pop it?
>>
>>38673300
Yeah, looking for containers that look decent and are easy to open on a regular basis. So what do measuring spoons measure in metric countries? MLs?
>>
>>38673315
It cost me about $3700

I could only see with complete clarity if something was within two or three feet from my face. I was really nearsighted.

Now my vision is slightly better than 20/20

My left eye (which was always my weaker eye) has perfect vision, and my right eye is now the weaker one, though the vision is still drastically improved from what it was (my right eye had a weakened cornea, which is what I chalk up to it becoming the weaker of my two eyes after the surgery)
>>
>>38673306
That's a really short rest. Assuming you're new and are lifting lighter weights? Isolations? Three minutes and more is common for heavy compound lifts.
>>
>>38673330
just below the head of the penis.

I haven't tried popping it, since I didn't know what it was.
>>
>>38673369
Yeah I'm pretty new, about two weeks into a routine.
I should really probably up the weight if it's taking me that short to recover
>>
My dad gave me about 3 and a half pounds of some blue fin tuna steaks how do i cook it?
>>
>>38673377
Ah, doubt it's a follicle, then. Couldn't hurt to get a doc to check it out, but if it doesn't hurt or look weird, it's prob not an emergency.
>>
>>38673113
>If you have more fat to lose, try it at a deficit at first
I already have, lost 30 pounds

>When your lifts stall, up the calories. Rinse, repeat...
I have...been at a plateau for two months.
>>
>>38673478
Just follow the program and trust the process, assuming it's an established program.
>>
>>38673509
>cook it
Eat that shit raw, negro! Prime protein right there. Or if you must, rub them with olive oil, dust with kosher salt and pan sear them over medium heat.
>>
>>38673358
Last question.
Did they set you up with a payment plan or was it all at once?
>>
>>38673557
To eat it raw what spices or way of preparation would be best?
>>
>>38673581
Ever have sashimi? Soy sauce and wasabi.
>>
>>38673581
stuff it with pesto, coat with kosher salt and pepper, grill
enjoy
>>
>>38673607
>>38673616
Iam going to try them all
Thanks anons
>>
When I squat, on the path upwards, I'm always good morni-ing the weight, regardless of the load I have on my back (I look in the mirror doing BW and seems like I'm doing it too). What am I doing wrong and how can I improve this?
>>
Is carbs just a meme or does it really fucking matter. Also oatmeal seems to be like 1 one choice for /fit/ for breakfest but that stuff makes me shit myself. Can't eat eggs as I'm allergic. Any other breakfest meal suggestions?
>>
>>38672497
How bad will I look if I do push and pull instead of push pull legs?
>>
Is it normal that my weak arm is way more veiny than the other?
>>
I haven't ran much in 4 months but now I can barely run a 1/4th of what I used to. I didn't lose weight but I did gain muscle since I lifted. Do people get out of shape running that fast?
>>
Is it true you should never eat less than 80% of your TDEE calories? My weight loss has stalled big time for over two months now and I'm currently eating at 1550, a 600 calorie deficit.

I'm basically fishing for answer at this point, I agree with everyone that there is zero scientific reason why I shouldn't be losing weight right now.

I'm literally at the point of calling a doctor because this doesn't make any fucking sense.
>>
im 145 pounds, 5'9, 12%. what's a rock solid 5 day full body workout, I've been googling around for PPL programs but not sure whats best. I've been doing a basic 5 day brosplit for the past few months but i've hit a plateau. Aiming for mass and 165 pounds @ 12% in a year or two.
>>
File: Shin ramyun.jpg (101KB, 253x295px) Image search: [Google]
Shin ramyun.jpg
101KB, 253x295px
Ok /fit/ would it be feasible to live on shin ramyun for a month or month and a half? I simply cannot lose weight eating regular food and moderate lifting. And I have been trying to get 1500 cal or less. I am thinking of just eating shin ramyun for a month because it has 500 cal per serving. I would eat it lunch and dinner and just eat quaker oats for breakfast and just take multi-vitamins.
>>
>>38674184
not nearly enough protein, you'll lose muscles and feel fucking miserable.
>>
Today while doing some DB curls after deadlifting, my forearms and hands started tingling like crazy. This also happening a few weeks ago when i was doing some other kind of pull. Should I start amputations?
>>
>>38674184
>>38674219
I have protein shake I can drink with it. Protein won't be a problem for me.
>>
>>38674268
You're missing the point. Less than 100g of protein a day while cutting basically guarantees muscle loss. Not to mention ramen has absolutely no nutritional value, is high in sodium, doesn't taste that great, and won't make you feel full.

Not to mention that even with vitamin's you'll feel fucking miserable. Someone's done a study on this: The twinkie diet.
>>
Since I'm 19 and my test production supposedly is at its highest, would I be able to just run a PPL with no rest days at all? I'm attending college so I have access to dining halls and as much food as I could possibly need.
>>
>>38673218
You could probably store that much powder in a 7 day pill organizer, pre scoop it and then just dump it out into your morning drink the day of.

Also don't listen to this >>38673300 euro memer. It's fine to use teaspoons to measure, don't waste your money buying a different measuring tool if you already have one in US units, if you ever need volume in metric you can convert it.
>>
>>38674383
If I was traveling, I'd surely try that out, but I'm just looking to clear some counter space. And I was simply curious about the metric measuring spoons. Turns out people still use teaspoons and tablespoons: http://www.cooksinfo.com/measuring-spoons And just to be clear, I am basing my volume measurements on readings from a scale with 1/10th gram accuracy.
>>
I only have access to light weights right now (45kg in total).

Will I be able to build any decent foundation of muscle on these? I'm trying to cut, not bulk, but I want to get stronger.
>>
>>38674589
afraid not
>>
Had a growth removed and the doctor had to do some lypho around it so theres no hole (we're talking like a pound total, probably less). I know there is supposed to be swelling around the actual place but my whole torso looks like I've put on 20 pounds.

Does lypho make you put on water weight elsewhere or something? I mean I had to stop working out for a couple weeks now but surely theres no way I put on that much fat.
>>
>>38673301
If you try to eat at about a 200-300 calorie surplus, you could maybe gain only muscle with little to no fat gain. The problem is calculation of your TDEE is not exact. You may not be feeding your muscles enough at such a low surplus, and you'll definitely be hindering your recovery. A 500 calorie surplus is the consensus for a reason. You will gain minimal fat, and have enough food to fuel your recovery. There's not some magic means of putting on muscle without putting on fat. Your body has evolved to store energy as fat. If you're that concerned, research steroids.
>>
I wanna do a slow cut, my maint on this would be 2000 calories a day. Would it be fine if on non-lifting days I adjusted to eat less?

Or should I be eating more on rest days to recover and instead eating 1540 on lift days?

i.e. 2310 on lift days, 1540 on rest days?
>>
How difficult is it to get prescribed Accutane? I just want to get it and seal my sebaceous glands for good because I might hand in my natty card in the next few years.
>>
>>38674984
Cut or bulk, eat the same every day
>>
>>38675145
Aight, thanks bro
>>
I'm not all that socially autistic, but due to circumstances in my childhood/teens I wasn't around people that much and it carried over through college. Now I'm 25 and never been in a real relationship or even kissed a girl. It's not that I'm necessarily autismo I just have no experience with dating so I have no idea how people normally act, which gives me a fear of even trying.

What the fuck should I do?
>>
Where do I find girls that aren't shallow at college? The ugly ones I'm not fucking and the qt ones are dumb as rocks
>>
is cutting to 1200 cal/day as a 5'11" too low? I haven't been losing weight and I'm getting desperate.
>>
>>38672497
2 q's

I just started taking Remeron (anti depressant) and its made my appetite crazy. I used to struggle to eat, and now I've put on like 10 lbs in a month. It's actually alright, since it forced me to get back into the gym (and now that im less depressed I don't mind going out), but how do I know when my weight is outpacing muh gainz too much? Right now I look good, but how to best judge when im too /f/at?

also, does anybody take GHB as a workout supp anymore? my friend has access to it, but its expensive as fuck. Is there anything else that has simmilar HGH effects?

thx
>>
>>38675192
If you look decent start a Tinder, look on Reddit for some decent Pick Up Advice, talk to guys and girls, find hobbies (don't focus too much on lifting, learn pop culture, movies, shows, games), learn about current events, maybe join a club or something (not crossfit). I was the same way, virgin at 25, now cracked 11 girls in less than a year, and finally in a new pretty cool relationship.
>>
File: SBD Plug.png (78KB, 362x379px) Image search: [Google]
SBD Plug.png
78KB, 362x379px
Anyone used an SBD squat plug before?
Would you recommend it?
They are pretty expensive but do they have any benefits over a normal plug
>>
Will I lose any gains if I have a night of complete, or near complete sleeplessness around once a month due to psychosis?
>>
>>38675281
Remeron, That's mirtazapine right?
If it's causing you to eat more, you'l probably gain 20-60lbs. It's often prescribed as an appetite stimulant.

Ask fraud.
>>
>>38672497
anything wrong with eating 3 wendys crispy chicken sandwhiches for every meal? 45g of protein for like $3
>>
>>38675405
kek
>>
Was cutting through the summer due to being overweight. Start lifting early August. Weight loss continued until stalling after I was hitting the weights hard. Noticing muscle and linear gains.

Is it likely that the stall is at least in part due to noob gains balancing out fat loss? I recalculated and should still be at a deficit but I'm mostly holding the same weight.
>>
File: 1465976461081.png (324KB, 826x520px) Image search: [Google]
1465976461081.png
324KB, 826x520px
>>38675490

Ayy I had that exact meal for lunch. Nothing really wrong with it outside of the high sodium count after downing 3.
>>
File: iLhAJBl.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
iLhAJBl.png
47KB, 547x465px
When adding weight, do I add X lbs to each side of the barbell or in total weight? I don't think the gym I go to has increments of 1.25 lb weights.
>>
What do you need to train to get strongman type strength?

Breaking chains, handcuffs, hammers, etc

And how do these people do this while stronger people can't?
>>
How the fuck am I supposed eat chicken breast every god damn day

I like chicken and all but fucking shit it gets old
>>
>>38675649
spices help.
>>
>>38675565
>What do you need to train to get strongman type strength?

Strongman training, drugs.

>And how do these people do this while stronger people can't?

How does someone get good with a guitar? They practice for/with it.

>>38675649
Who said you have to eat chicken breast all day, erry day? Get some fish, super lean ground beef or whatever it takes to spice it up if you're picky.
>>
>>38675405
It's only worth it if all your other stuff is SBD as well, so you get the matching daedric armor set bonus.
>>
>>38675563

It's 2.5 total. Buy a set of 1.25 lb weights.
>>
How long should I do stronglifts for before I switch to a more intense workout?
>>
I'm losing weight.
What's a good BMI to stop losing weight and start lifting instead to reduce fat?
>>
>>38675479
that's the one. Damn is pinning that juicy test the only way to avoid becoming a planet? It's been worlds better than other anti depressants I've taken, I'd hate for the weight gain to be mah downfall
>>
haven't been here in months, is supermang still a thing?
>>
>>38675925
When you stop progressing linearly. And it gets intense enough after a bit.
>>
>>38675998
>BMI
Read the sticky for God's sake.
>>
Soo see this picture thats going around /b/ about holding your thumb and the flex the wrist forward? I didnt do it but somehow got injured on the same place while playing pumbi , its been a whole 2 months and that shit still hurts and i cant even lift 10kl with it, what the fuck do i have to do to get it fixed
>>
The Sticky's link to MobilityWOD's squat stretches doesn't work. What are some good stretches to improve mobility? Currently I've been doing wide squats.
>>
>>38676255
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSSDLDhbacc
>>
>>38676203
>>38676203
>lifting while losing weight

But that's retarded, anon. You should only lift after reaching an ideal weight.
>>
File: MountainLion.jpg (76KB, 800x600px)
MountainLion.jpg
76KB, 800x600px
>>38676285
>You should only lift after reaching an ideal weight.
>retarded
>>
File: how.jpg (60KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
how.jpg
60KB, 500x281px
what kind of routine would be my best bet to get to pic related mode?

Currently doing PPLxULx
that's the following main lifts on each day with accessories: chinups, bench, squat, x, OHP and Pend. Row, Deadlift
>>
>>38676280

Thanks, really need to invest in a foam roller.
>>
File: Whats-muscle-group.jpg (552KB, 736x2577px) Image search: [Google]
Whats-muscle-group.jpg
552KB, 736x2577px
>>38672497
anyone have the "bony to beastly" ebook?
>>
How do I make forearm gains. I've seen progress in everything in the last few months but my forearms are still fucking measly twigs and contrast terribly to my developed upper arms. My arms look like fucking pic related right now.

My experienced gym friend said they would develop as I progressed with other exercises but now they're weak and tiny as fuck can barely support the weights I do now for chest and shoulder exercises.
>>
>>38676839

Wrist curls
>>
For those of you that own squat shoes,
when did you get them?
What made you decide?
Worth it?
>>
>>38676346
some kind of hormone therapy obviously
>>
What's your guy's experience with L-glutanine?

I read that it is a cravings curber, but I wanted to know how effective it is?
>>
>>38676839
I've found that barbell curls from thigh to chest hits them pretty hard. Probably harder than they hit the biceps.

Mess around. Most forearm exercises are isolation curls.
>>
>>38676839
hang from a bar. research it. there are lots of benefits. also work the wrist extensors.
>>
>>38676863
Late last year
I wanted to compete
Yeah
>>
I've got about an hour every day to work out and have been doing 30 minutes of pretty intense rowing. What's something I can slap into the last 30 minutes that'll be good for me to practice for when I finally have time for proper 2-3 hour sessions?
>>
>>38676839
I find that DB rows on a bench hits them really hard. I usually have to stop the set because my forearms can't hold it anymore
>>
>>38676839
Do heavy hammer curls 7 reps each arm that shit blows up my forearms,
Also please don't do wrist curls if you don't want minimal gains while getting injuries.
>>
>>38674308
Always rest.
>>
>>38676850
>>38676916
>>38676929
>>38676941
>>38676942
Thank you /fit/izens.
>>
>>38676942
What are the risks of heavy wrist curls? I used to do them but after a while I got some tendonitis, though I always felt the buzz when doing bicep curls.
>>
>>38677061
well, tendonitis.
>>
what's the worst that can happen with wrong deadlift and squat form? About to start sl 5x5, I'm watching dozens of videos but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna fuck the form up.
>>
>>38677120
>what's the worst that can happen
the spine's pretty important senpai
>>
>>38677120
Ask a trainer to check your forn faggot.
Worst is you become even more autismo after snapping you lower back in 666 different places.
>>
How the fuck do I get rid of eye bags?

I have deep black rings under my eyes that have been there since I was about 13. It's really dragging my face aesthetics down, and getting more sleep + drinking more water doesn't seem to be helping.

Any easy, temporary methods I could incorporate into a daily/weekly routine?
>>
Okay /fit/ Im in real trouble. I was skinnyfat and I bulked so now Im clearly fat so Im starting my cut.
Should I change my program to a brosplit because Im not making linear gains anymore on GSLP? I just want to look good naked.
>>
File: going_crazy.jpg (501KB, 2250x2167px) Image search: [Google]
going_crazy.jpg
501KB, 2250x2167px
Redbull me on soy protein, /fit/. That stuff is cheap and I'm poor.
>>
Will 5/3/1 make you big?
>>
>>38677346
Broscientists say it'll kill your dick because it's made from soy
Paid researchers say it's all right
>>
Getting close to 40, skinny dad fat 5,10/ 170. Would to start 5x5, should i cut prior or just start a bulk and cut after say 3 months or so.
>>
>>38677346

For men worried about isoflavone content and possible estrogenic side effects, soy protein concentrate is the option to seek. Caution should be taken to ensure that the selected brand of soy protein concentrate has been heat treated to eliminate trypsin inhibitors, as they may still be active.

https://examine.com/nutrition/is-soy-good-or-bad-for-me/
>>
>>38677351
Also intrested
>>
>>38677351
Lifting weights doesn't make you big, eating does
>>
>>38672850
The fact you're asking for /fit/'s consensus shows you're a fucking retard.
How about you look at reputable sources?
Like idk maybe some sites that aggregate studies on nutrition like examin.com
>>
>>38677389
>Top Nutrition Articles
>Is semen high in protein?
kek
>>
File: 10530943-2084357599234105.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
10530943-2084357599234105.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
Thoughts?

I've been using USN for a while, but the protein content is kinda low (16g/scoop), plus it's £50 for 4kg.

I can get 5kg of pic related for a little less money, and the unflavoured version is even cheaper. Plus this has more protein than USN.

Also how nasty is the unflavoured one?
>>
>>38677346
H E M P P R O T E I N
is pretty cheap as well and has a great amino acid profile
>>
If I hate bulking and feel like a glutton for eating so much (It's also expensive in Canada) should I just quit?

I've never been a big eater and it doesn't feel right to eat this much.

I'm having some concerns of whether or not I'm going to make it and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to drop $200 on protein tonight.

What do?
>>
>>38677203
Be goth
>>
>>38677626
What do you mean "protein"? Meat? Powder? Using powder on a bulk is stupid because you can eat chicken for both calories and protein.
>>
I wanna improve mobility in my posterior chain and whatnot. Should I get a foam roller? Do some yoga shit? What sort of routine should I employ?
>>
>>38677644
Buying protein powder is much cheaper where I live than eating chicken and I'm mostly a vegetarian. I avoid beans (And now peanutbutter unfortunately) because of the estrogen's.

I mostly eat eggs, 100% whole wheat bread/Pasta, vegetables and milk. Even the milk was a very recent addiction because I feared that milk would give me brain fog (Which I'm still seeing if it will).

I hate being paranoid.
>>
>>38677249
Pls respond.
>>
>>38677686
When you're cutting you won't be making much progress. I'd stick with your current weights on GSLP and only advancing if you are able while you cut. You will lose strenght while you cut though unless you are losing <1.4% of your bodyweight per week, which will be a very slow cut desu.
>>
>>38677777
Im pretty fat so it if would cut 1.4% a week that would be about 1 kg a week. Which is alot in my opinion.
What if I change to 5/3/1 with boring but big. Good/bad idea? My stats aren't really great desu.
5RM
OHP 55kg
Bench 80kg
Squat 107kg
Deadlift 120kg
>>
>>38673881
suicide pills
>>
File: have you tried trying.jpg (130KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
have you tried trying.jpg
130KB, 768x768px
>>38677881
If you're linear progression has stalled at this point despite bulking to the point where you are fat then perhaps you should try harder.

Honestly, cut to 12-15% bf. Maintain your lifts where possible and then bulk very slowly again. Add more accessories to GSLP because it might just be that it doesn't quite have enough volume for you.
>>
File: file.jpg (500KB, 1536x2173px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
500KB, 1536x2173px
Tl;dr: general form tips on isometric core shit

>planks
Should I be forming a straight line from heel to shoulder, or should I have a line from shoulder to hip running parallel to the floor and an incline from hip to heel?

>side planks
I can't work my sides with this because my shoulders are too weak. Besides being less of a fat shit, general tips on side plank form/building up to side plank?

>glute bridge
Tips on form? Seems too easy compared to everything else

>ubermensch
Form tips? Again, my puny shoulders hinder me. Also being fat makes it hard to tell when I'm doing this correctly.

>Hip flexor
Can't do this on the wall, but I recall doing a version of this where I use the opposite hand (e.g. left for right) to hold up/flex the back foot. Will this still help with my shit spine? Curved upper spine, on the way to a fine hunch
>>
So two scoops of protein a day
Right now I have both in the morning for breakfast, should I split it and have the second scoop in the afternoon/evening?
>>
>>38677906
This is my routine on GSLP. So I should stay on it and try to progress or atleast maintain?

Monday
Low bar squat 3x5
Bench Press/ Press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Pendlay row 3x5
Incline flyes 2x10-12
Rear delt flyes 2x10-12

Wednesday
Press/ Bench Press: 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Deadlift: 1x5
Weighted Chin: 2 x 6-8
Lateral raises 2x10-12
Curl variant 2x10-12

Friday
Front squat 3x5
Bench Press/Press: 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Pendlay row 3x5
Incline flyes 2x10-12
Rear delt flyes 2x10-12
>>
Upper front/inside of my right thigh hurts from deadlifts. I think it's the hip flexor. Other than rest and work with lighter weight, what do I do?

Is there some cue for deadlifting to avoid this? I've heard my form is perfect but I also heard the pain might be happening because I can't activate my glutes enough.

I'll stretch my hip flexors but what else can I do?
>>
>>38677953
Do this >>38675563

After bench days add dumbbell bench press. Do paused bench if you feel weak out of the bottom.

Flyes are shit, so cable crossovers instead if you want.
>>
>>38678010
Shitty gym so no cables. Is incline db bench ok? and 2x10-12?
And why should I change to that program which is essentially the same as mine? The only difference is that I do front squats on fridays.
>>
>>38678042
I'd only use front squats as an accessory for your back squat at the moment. Your back squat is weak so you need to simply back squat more.

Incline db bench is fine. I do 3x10 flat db bench just because I like extra reps in movements with greater range of motion.
>>
>>38678090
Okay, I'll just switch the friday front squats to lowbar. Also my chest is lagging so probably up the incline db to 3x10-12
>>
>>38678143
more reps isn't going to do much for hypertrophy to be honest.

When trying to increase volume you get far better results increasing the number of sets you do because you can lift with higher intensity (% of 1 RM)
>>
>>38678154
Hows this:
Flat bench 2x5, 1x5+
Rows
Incline db 3x5? or 5x5?
>>
What are some ab exercises I can throw in at the end of my workout?
>>
>>38678190
Hanging leg raises.
>>
Hey fit, got a weight loss question. For the past 42 days I meticulously tracked cals on my fitness pal, and eating clean at 1500 *5'10 152 lbs*. Lost 5 pounds first month, seen no progress since then. Following SS. Wut do?
>>
>>38678216
Have a refeed day, eat at maintenance. Then keep cutting at 1500. If that doesnt work drop it to 1400.
>>
>>38678190
plank nigger plank
>>
>>38678242
Thanks man, ill try refeed and maintain a bit.
>>
>>38678181
Bumb
>>
>>38678181
Incline db I'd do something like 3x8 + 1x8+

Play around with it and see which you feel leaves less in the tank and lets you hit the most volume though.

Measure volume as weight x reps x sets
>>
>>38678190
Hanging leg raises and ab rollouts

>>38678216
Sounds like water retention, have a refeed and see if that helps.
>>
>>38678305
Cool thanks man.
>>
>>38677931
While there's no real limit to how much protein the body can absorb in one sitting, it's probably better for your body to stagger it.

Itll also prevent protein farts a little bit.

2 scoops a day isn't much though, look at increasing it unless you're hitting goals from actual food
>>
>>38678330
Hitting the rest with food so it should be alright
I just noticed in the mornings it sends me to the shitter real quick so I thought it might be good to split it
Thanks Anon!
>>
Is double cream okay or is it too high in fat for a clean bulk
6"1 83kg
>>
>>38678330
I saw a study which suggested 20-50g of protein every couple of hours was the best way to stagger protein intake.
>>
>>38678422
If it fits your macros then it's fine. If not then don't eat it.
>>
>>38678437

This is based on protein availability. Considering you really only need 1.2-1.5 grams of protein per kilo of body weight per day, it's about 0.3-0.4 per meal.
>>
I fucked my ribcage on the right side by coughing too much 1 month ago. It has almost healed entirely but i'm starting too climb da walls and while losing gains here. What areas of my body can i train without fucking up my ribcage further?
>>
>>38678486
Biceps, triceps, side delts
>>
>>38678476
Depends how you split out your meals I guess.

It's still relevant though. I'm not convinced by the protein intake things though, all the studies are poorly controlled. I beginning to err on the side of measuring protein intake per lean body mass instead of total mass.

This is based on personal experience so I'm not sure it'll translate to other people.
>>
>>38678486
'Fucked your ribcage' is pretty vague mate

More specific? It's probably just an intercostal muscle strain. Which while painful you need to sort of work through
>>
>>38678511
I think it's costocondritis. But yea, i haven't been able too fully extend my ribcage due too pain. It's much better now but i still feel some when i put work on it.

>>38678499
the movements of the arms are directly connected to pecs and ribs you idiot, don't post advice if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
File: 1359287130312.jpg (115KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1359287130312.jpg
115KB, 640x427px
when doing ab vacuums, should my lower back also hurt a bit?

since you need to "pull your stomach/belly button towards your spine" is my queue
>>
>>38678627
Fyi it's "cue"
Not being a dick, gotta get them grammar gains
>>
>>38678696
right, sorry. I keep using "queue" FUCK ME
>>
Tomorriw I'm going to the gym for the first time with a friend, no upper arm strength and muffintop mode. What do I need to know about gym etiquette and form? I see a lot of buttblasting about roper form is it just a meme or for real?
>>
File: SSprogression.jps.jpg (192KB, 1351x505px) Image search: [Google]
SSprogression.jps.jpg
192KB, 1351x505px
Ok boys I feel like a loser, I went to the gym for the first time today and I didn't even lift. My uni gym only has three power cages, and all of them were occupied, so i just stood there awkwardly for a minute and then left. So my question is, how are you supposed to ask a motherfucker if/when you can use the cage without looking like an autist? Honestly those meatheads intimidate me.
>>
Is there a way to enter pull ups on both workouts in the stronglifts app? I like to do dips and pull ups in the same day for both workouts, but if I create a custom exercise for pull ups I can't go into the negative weights to measure assisted pullups
>>
>>38672497
need some help here famiglia

2 days ago I went to bed at 21.30pm somehow, was tired and just crashed
woke up 12hours later feeling like shti from so much sleep, my head hurt throughout the day and my stomach wasnt that good since I had been to a double birthday and ate a lot of sweets
today I woke up feeling bad from my stomach, I shit 3 times, the usual shit where it's half hard and half liquid and thick, then another one where it was thick but more to the liquid side and finally a liquid one but still with some thick bits thrown in there

am I fucked? do I have some kind of food intoxication? I felt like puking but nothing came out

I've only drank a cup of milk since I woke up to see if it would pass but now im feeling better and im going to try a normal lunch

FUCK never eating so much cake and sweets again, I felt immediately sick too from so much sugar
>>
>>38676839
Hold heavy shit.
Weighed carries on days you deadlift.
Wrist roll 2-3x a week.
Hammer curls, crossbody hammer curls.
pullups/chins.
etc
>>
>>38678912
just eat some fiber breh
>>
File: 1473427343429.jpg (200KB, 1739x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1473427343429.jpg
200KB, 1739x1075px
How strong should I be before I end my first bulk and start on my cut? I don't want to do it based on weight because I'm not sure my diet is 100%, so how strong should I be before cutting? I was thinking like 1/2/3/4 or something.
>>
I injured my lower back doing DL last Wednesday. About how long should I wait before I attempt them again?
Did chest this morning and I could feel a very dull pain from the injury so I'm pretty sure it needs more time.
>>
is it good to do cardio in the morning before breakfast?

a bro told me it speeds up your metabolism and you lose gains through the day
>>
>>38673881
If you can afford it in your diet: I love doing 4 slices of Alpine valley multi grain with some strawberry jam. It's about 480 calories, 5/16 fat/protein
>>
Will I turn into a manlet if I don't pull up after squatting?
>>
I'm doing Greyskull LP, it's going fine, but I've been wondering if I could alternate doing Deadlifts 2x a week as opposed to just one
Something like this:
Week one:
DL on monday and friday, Squat on wednesday
Week two:
Squat on monday friday deadlift on wednesday(the standard routine)

The reason I ask this is because frankly, I hate doing squats, I'm going through some bad times and I've been losing strength on it and my legs are already big enough for my current physique, plus they feel busted the whole week. DLs on other make me feel pumped and never once I stalled on them.
>>
Will I be able to get progress with two lifting sessions each week?

If I am doing starting strength, should I do all the lift twice a week, or should I still rotate every other time i lift?
>>
>>38679596
Or maybe just cut one squat session from my workout after all? Is it really necessary to squat 2x a week?
>>
When looking at routines that say:

Exercise A - 3x5
Exercise B - 3x5
Exercise C - 3x5

Do I need to complete 3 sets of A before doing B or can I do 1 set of A>B>C then repeat 3 times? And does that affect the effectiveness of the workout?
>>
What's a good alternative for sit-ups? My back hurts sometimes when doing them but that may be from improper form.
>>
BCAAs, yes or no?
The sticky says whey isolate has bcaas in it, but I also heard some people saying they gain better when using both whey isolate and BCAAs. These things are pricey though.
>>
OK, I started running for a 21 km race a month ago and last week I started the gym

It's raining black dicks outside, should I go to run?, I don't even have proper clothes
>>
Is
http://healthyceleb.com/chris-evans-workout-routine-and-diet-plan-for-captain-america
a meme workout plan?

>Inb4 - roids
Im aware. Just wondering if, roids aside, this would be considered a decent workout regimen. Looking to switch it up a bit.
>Inb4 - "No squatz on legz day? REEEEEEEE"
>>
>>38679632
generally you should be fine.

however, If C is an exercise that causes over-average fatigue in certain muscles (e.g. muscles that you use to hold the bar) and is put at the end of the workout because of that (e.g. deadlift), it could affect A and B negatively if you use the muscles there, too.

but the effect should be minor. try it out and see if it affects your performance on A and B but usually it should not. longer rest times are not detrimental to your gains unless you cool down and injure yourself during the rest (after 5 minutes your muscles usually have almost all energy again, a rest time of 10 minutes is sometimes used in powerlifting)
>>
>Bought some home brand "creatine duohydrate" that my local fitness store (Wallace's Fitness in Storm Lake, Iowa) had produced
>Took one scoop
>Coarser than the creatine I'm used to, also a mixture of different grain sizes, with larger pale gray-blue grains and smaller black grains
>Threw the scoop in my mouth and downed it with a glass of water
>Not much of a taste, but it weakly tasted how bleach smells, more of an aftertaste
>Suddenly I threw up, didn't even gag, just projectile vomited over my kitchen worktop without a moment's notice
>Vomit is still on kitchen table and down my shirt because my vision went blurry and I felt really weak and dizzy
>Burning sensation in my mouth like a hot chilli pepper, have been drinking some milk, which has helped a little, but it still burns a lot
>Heart is beating like a fucked clock
>Toes and fingertips have gone numb
>This has been going on for 45 mins, I've been looking for side effects of creatine duohydrate but I can't find shit
>Currently propped up against refrigerator, posting this from my phone
What the fuck is this? There are no instructions or ingredients on the tub. I just assumed that I should use one scoop (it came with a scoop).
>>
Would this work for the average skinnyfat?
>>
>>38680146
that's just povertyabs mode, it probably works, but who cates?
>>
Should girls really just do SS? Seems kind of, well, boring. I've been doing that Starting Ass plus some stuff I just added in for fun. I like working out, so I'd prefer a longer routine.
>>
File: image.jpg (235KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235KB, 1280x960px
currently bulking, do i have hope?
>>
>>38680202
Literally my physique except I have a bigger chest
>>
>>38680171
>effay mode
>poverty
Pooooorbooooii detected
>>
>>38679855
yes, but you need to use them correctly

if you already have 30-50 grams of protein (depending on the proton source) in a meal, you dont need BCAAs in the same meal.

there are basically two uses for BCAAs. the most common is using it as a pre/peri/post-workout meal. BCAAs are ingested and metabolized nearly instantly. they will prevent muscle breakdown during exercise and give some extra fuel for your muscles, but the effect is quite minimal. especially so if you have already eaten a proper meal within 2 hours before working out.

post-workout BCAAs make a lot more sense. after working out, your muscle protein synthesis levels are likely down just cause you haven't eaten for a while. since this is also probably the most useful time for building muscle, getting your protein synthesis levels up fast is very useful. whey, even isolate or hydrolyzed, takes up to one hour to be metabolized. BCAA+simple carbs (malto, dextro, WMS, vitargo) makes for a quite optimal post-workout drink. but the MPS spike from BCAAs only lasts for 60-90 minutes so you need to eat a proper meal after that time.

another use is between meals. since BCAAs are metabolized so quickly, they do not affect the MPS refractory period and can be used to spike MPS when taken ~2 hours after a meal and 60-90 minutes before another meal. layne norton IIRC is a fan of this.

also, get unflavoured BCAAs and mix them with instantized coffee grains. you only need a pinchful and it removes the nasty taste almost completely. ive been able to get BCAAs for 15e/kg from myprotein or their retailers.
>>
>>38680209
Who cares, queer?
>>
Can I start oly lifting even though I can only 5x5: 135lbs for bench, 140lbs squat, 60lbs OHP, 220lbs deadlift, 90lbs bent over barbell row.
I have the mobility, but should I become stronger?
>>
>>38673008
Is it on the skin or on the tissue (under the skin)
>>
File: 1473367578749.gif (469KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473367578749.gif
469KB, 350x500px
Med fags of /fit/

I have discomfort in both my legs and my hips feel like they are always canted to the right.

My 2nd and 3rd toe from the pinky on my right foot also hurt. When in a normal stepping motion and when the arch leaves the ground. These two toes seem to bunch up or be at the most discomfort when pointed at the ground.

also how to tell if I am flatfooted? it may all come from this

>second thing

Ear is constantly stopped up
>bottom of squat holding breath and bracing
>pressure in head definitely an orb feeling in right ear

Sinuses? Allergies?

I do have a rash on my back that comes around every summer. It was really bad when i used to work in a shop that did carbon fiber tubes

>does anyone have that pic of /ck/'s ways to make ramen better?
>best cookies for the /fit/izen onnahike/cutting/bulking/maintenance
>>
>>38680428
What is your age, race, profession/daily activities?
>>
>>38675234
That*s pretty steep. How long have you tried to cut? Dyel? Cardio?
>>
>>38680208
my chest insertion is shit
>>
Health question: usually when i finish a squat set, set the weights down and get up i get pretty light headed and dizzy. It goes away in a few seconds.
Theres one of those blood pressure wristbands in my gym, it measured 120/80.
A gym bro suggested i eat a few pinches of salt 10 mins before working out, i did it and it helped a lot! But sounds more like a band aid fix, I'd rather fix the underlying cause.

So what do I have? Aids? Cancer? Cancerous aids? Please help me bros
>>
>>38679597
>>38679597
>>38679597
bump
>>
>>38680515
You might also not be breathing right.
>>
>>38680479
What's your weight/height?
>>
>>38680451
>20
>asian/white
>8 hrs on my feet as a night stalker/1.5 hrs of lifting and cardio
>>
>>38680173
bump
>>
>>38678986
Bump
>>
Hey /fit/. I'm 6'7" 318, down from 335 and my fitness pal is telling me to eat about 3150 calories a day and I can lose weight. I was wondering if that sounded right and what else I could be doing. I live in a smaller town for work currently and have no access to weights or a gym but my job is fairly labour intensive 7 days a week.
>>
>>38680563
1m78, 75kg
>>
So I have started following this schedule from
>>>>leddit

PULL
>Deadlifts 1x5+/Barbell rows 4x5, 1x5+ (alternate, so if you did deadlifts on Monday, you would do rows on Thursday, and so on)
>3x8-12 Pulldowns OR Pullups OR chinups
>3x8-12 seated cable rows OR chest supported rows
>5x15-20 face pulls
>4x8-12 hammer curls
>4x8-12 dumbbell curls
PUSH
>4x5, 1x5+ bench press/4x5, 1x5+ overhead press (alternate in the same fashion as the rows and deadlifts)
>3x8-12 overhead press/3x8-12 bench press (do the opposite movement: if you bench pressed first, overhead press here)
>3x8-12 incline dumbbell press
>3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
>3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15->20 lateral raises
LEGS
>2x5, 1x5+ squat
>3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift
>3x8-12 leg press
>3x8-12 leg curls
>5x8-12 calf raises

I think it looks pretty good for a beginner like me, my question is wether or not I should add more light core excercises or if it should be sufficient to just do squats/diddlies/various lifts standing up for a beginner.

Thanks guys - also any other input on the program itself?
>>
Hey /fit/, I used to be able to do whatever I wanted in the gym, and with some sleep I recovered from it fully. Now, it seems like I get the symptoms of overreaching (ache in legs, insomnia, irritability, etc.) after EVERY workout. I track my calories and I eat well over my maintenance, my sleep pattern has not changed very much and my level of activity in the gym is more or less the same if not lower, with the exception that I've been mixing some higher volume work with heavy weights. Has anyone here experienced something similar? Does anyone have an idea as to what could cause reduced training capacity?
>>
>>38680965
TOO MUCH
O
O

M
U
C
H
>>
>>38680965
Absolute shit. Way too many exercises for a beginner. No reason not to do SS.
>>
File: 1agzgh.jpg (44KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1agzgh.jpg
44KB, 640x360px
One month into GOMAD and by bf% went from 14 to 17%. I was bulking hard at 5000 kCal. I'm still only 155 lbs and I'm 5'11". What do I have to do /fit/,
SAVE ME
A
V
E

M
E
>>
>>38681030
You weren't working to full capacity before. You are now. This is a sign that you've passed novice and into intermediate, and your training strategies need work.
>>
>>38681227
keep bulking, but bulk a little slower. realize that body fat is pretty easy to lose compared to gaining muscle mass and strength. people are so worried about putting on a little fat on SS, but cutting it later is easy as fuck.
>>
>>38681290
This guy knows what's what. Once you've put on a decent amount of muscle mass fat /melts/ off you.
>>
>>38680455
Been cutting a few months now. Doing Cardio 3x a week, lifting 3x a week. I was regularly losing weight until around June. All progress just bottomed out and I know for a fact I'm not done yet since I'm 176 at 5'11"

Since the weight loss hasn't continued at all and my diet has been pretty solid, the only other answer has to be I'm eating too many calories, right?
>>
>>38681227
You ate way too much and didn't bother doing any research, you've fallen for the "meme SS" meme diet.

You only need to bulk at about a 500 calorie deficit at-most, 1lb/week is probably the fastest you can go without just packing on a shitload of fat.
>>
>>38681615
*meant bulk, not a deficit
>>
Is it okay to take two scoops of protein today even though it was rest day yesterday and today for me?
>inb4 two rest days
Feeling not so good today so I decided to take an extra off
>>
How do I stop eating refined sugar and shitty processed desserts? I always start the day off great but after dinner I just kinda lose control help
>>
>>38681654
Protein powder is just a supplement, it doesn't have to be eaten within a range or after exercise.

>>38681707
don't buy them. Only shop after you eat so you aren't hungry and tempted.
>>
>>38681726
>Protein powder is just a supplement, it doesn't have to be eaten within a range or after exercise.
I've been told that if I take protein powder and not work out I'll just get fat.

When they said "not work out" did they mean like forever or not the last 3 days of work outs?
>>
>>38681753
>I've been told that if I take protein powder and not work out I'll just get fat.
you've been meme'd. There's no food on planet earth that is immediately stored as fat upon ingestion (yes, even junk food). You need to completely relearn what eating is.

Unless you're sick you shouldn't fuck with your schedule, it only encourages laziness.
>>
Is there a good way to help speed the healing of a sunburn aside from using alovera? Ended up getting my forearms and the back of my neck burned the other day while fishing with my dad.
>>
>>38681849
nope, it takes time. Usually the initial burn should stop hurting after a few days, time of peeling depends on intensity of the burn.
>>
How many reps do you have to do to achieve one of the 1/2/3/4 ?
>>
>>38672497
I have some posture problems and the main one is hugely related to my left Serratus Anterior, its pretty smol

Anyone knows how can i train my serratus without looking like a retarded?
>>
>>38681590
That's pretty much it yeah. You have calculated your TDEE after the weight loss, yeah? Also, as a 191lb 5'11" man myself I don't see how much lower you want to go without becoming a hungry skellington, if you aren't lean as fuark already.
>>
File: 2016-08-21 177 pounds front.png (1MB, 752x1336px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-21 177 pounds front.png
1MB, 752x1336px
>>38682411
I'm not a hungry skellington yet, that's for sure.

And yeah, the TDEE difference was only 200 calories and I was already eating at a 750 deficit.
>>
>>38682464
All that comes to my mind is that you are either retaining water weight or you're making gains in muscle, you're weighing in at different times of the day, your scale is broken or you're doing something wrong. If the stall continues, maybe go to somebody. That's my broscience 2c
>>
>>38682589
I shouldn't be retaining water weight or making muscle gains for 2 months, particularly on a cut.

I've weighed in the exact same conditions each week: After I've shit and before breakfast. Entirely possible scale is busted, but it's been working up until now and is still showing differences when I'm holding something heavy and not.
>>
>>38681940
the meme is being able to do 1/2/3/4 for reps and you are out of novice which is kinda bullshit because it has to do with your strength relative to your bodyweight

>>38682209
so your left serratus is too small? sounds like bad insertions (aka genetics). nothing you can do about it. If you have an asymetric posture it's not because of your serratus but because of your spine or because one leg is to short. see a doctor
>>
Im an intermediate planning to cut want a routine thats 3 times a day has both main barbell exercises + some hypertrophy work and is mostly focused in upper body as i fell for squat every day meme and am a trex.
Would something like 3 day upper lower work?
>>
How much should I be paying for microplates? Amazon gives me £25 for 8 0.5kg plates. Is that good or bad?

Since the lowest plate my gym has is 1.25kg I want to invest in some plates that are like 0.5kg, since using the gyms plate is way too much of an increase for bench and ohp.
>>
>>38682642
or you could just do your own texas method variation with less squat volume or maybe even put squats after upper body
>>
>>38682641
Serratus dude here, i actually did an x-ray to check my spine and it's fine, the problem is actually mechanical, muscular imbalances due to poor posture.
Muscular imbalance sucks
>>
How come I piss and shit a tremendous amount now that I'm losing weight? Google couldn't find any answers for me
>>
>>38682677
scooby got all his equip from craiglist. but then again he is jewish

>using the gyms plate is way too much of an increase for bench and ohp

another possibility is instead of doing sets of 5, do sets of 4-6, or instead of doing strictly sets across, raise the weight in one of the sets
>>
>>38682694
maybe then doing the bench press machine with only one arm? or one sided front raises?
>>
>>38672497
Would singing help me make voice gains?

Would playing a woodwind instrument help me increase my lung capacity? Thanks m80s
>>
I'm a fatty fat fuck lard ass.
6.0 21st

Fat hangs off my belly and i cant see my dick.
I've been slowly losing weight iver the last couple of months and I've started going out for a 2.5 mike walk with a LIGHT bit of jogging in between
At night so nobody sees me.
I'm going tonight aswell as soon as i get the details of my question

my back is fucking killing me hard.
Feels like someone is digging their knee right into my spine.

>What is the correct way to run so i don't feel like I'm taking a day trip to the outskirts of snap city.
>seriously this pain is horrible but I'm not giving up.
>>
>>38682727
don't you speak loud enough? these things sound like they could help. but also just TRY to speak louder.
Is your voice not deep enough? try speaking with your chest, not your head. and lifting helps. and steroids.
>>
>>38682730
well you don't need cardio for losing weight, only caloric deficit helps here. why don't you stop running until you lost enough weight
>>
skipped a workout, is it better to continue on with my routine, or make up the workout i missed?

(ABCx, i missed C. should i do C today, or continue my routine with a rest day so that my other lifts aren't delayed by a day?)
>>
>>38682696
I'm finding this happens to me too.
>>
>>38682730

Either you have a pre existing problem that you aggravated? Being fat rekts your body, when I hurt my back/shoulder the doc basically told me I'm not worth the cost to fix it via surgery so she recommended just packing on a bunch of muscle to hold it in place, so maybe work on your back some and strengthen it up. I don't know where you are walking, but maybe try walking on softer mediums.

Really wish you the best m8.
>>
How can I meet my calorie goal without going over in fat?

Today I have 1400 calories so far, my goal is 3300 with

34% fat (goal 30)
33% carb (goal 45)
106 g protein, in myfitnesspal I couldn't arrange it right without pro, but my goal is 160 g protein.

How can I eat the last 2000 calories without destroying myself with fat?
>>
>>38682808
your routine fucking sucks brah
>>
>>38682818
>counting fats and carbs, not just cal and protons
you didn't read the sticky
>>
>>38682824
how so, and mind elaborating or answering the question in general?

if you miss a workout, what do you do.
>>
>>38682800
Because i want to believes it makes me feel better.
I want to do something.
And dieting (like an actual diet) will help me yes, but I'll still have weak body

My grandfather killed japs in war
He told me he was ashamed at me for not having a good body like him
That hurt, i respected him i wanted to be like him. I need to be strong like him.
>>
>>38682847
Clearly, neither did you.
>>
>>38682847
So much fucking this.
>>
>>38682866
Dieting won't just help you, it's 90% of weight loss. Cardio will account for maybe 2% of it.

At your weight, running is going to hurt you more than help you. Your bones aren't designed to have that much weight pressed on them.
>>
>>38682816

Oh yeah, obvious thing I overlooked, what are you walking in? It feels like death if I try walk over a mile in my 10 inch work boots, but I'm fine in normal shoes.
>>
>>38682881
>there are no side effects to mid counting carbs and fats

You actually believe this, don't you.
>>
>>38682890
So what should i do instead
Surely there is something else i can do to aid my body while dieting
>>
>>38682853
>how so
I'm just guessing you're doing a PPLx which in my experience is just inferior. like, the upper body muscles are more connected than you think. when you split them up you can't recover optimally

>answering the question in general
do ABCxABCxABCxABCxABxCABCxABCxABCx...
>if you miss a workout, what do you do.
you don't, you just put it on another day. this is more about sending a message to yourself
>>
Can gear not meant to be bused as HGH work as HGH for someone in their early 20s?

Also is there any truth to this http://www.thebodywellusa.com/dr-mike-carraghers-top-10-ways-to-increase-your-human-growth-hormone-hgh-levels-naturally/
>>
the bar in my gym has no texture in the center, making it difficult to do low bar squats, as the fucker keeps sliding down my back, and now my lower back hurts like fuck.

so

1. has anyone gone through this and how can you solve it without wrapping tape in a barbell that doesn't belong to you

2. how am I going to do diddies and squats with my lower back fucked
>>
>>38682935
You're right: Be consistent and make healthy choices.

We're seriously, the fastest way to lose weight is to diet. Eat at an 1000 calorie deficit and lose 2lbs a week for 25lbs. Then report back.

Right now exercise can do more harm than good, particularly cardio.
>>
File: o-TYRANNOSAURUS-REX-facebook.jpg (461KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-TYRANNOSAURUS-REX-facebook.jpg
461KB, 2000x1000px
If I take test, my testicles will stop producing testosterone, right? But if I then go off test, will they start he production again, or do I need to supplement test for the rest of my life?
>>
>>38682968
maybe chalk helps? or a different tshirt?

>how am I going to do diddies and squats with my lower back fucked
don't if you're injured
>>
>>38682979
Ok.
I will do.
Thank you anon.
>>
I'm sweating like a really lot it's starting to be a nuisance. Looking for some lifestyle changes, not for deodorants or whatever. I'm drinking a lot of water, that could cause it I guess but I don't wanna change on that.

Any way to reduce sweating?
>>
Thoughts on lean gains/intermittent fasting? I'm gonna try out IF but some of the stuff recommended by the leangains guy (forgot his name) sounds dubious. For example he says you should consume 2.5lbs of protein per 1kg of bodyweight at the very least and ideally 3lbs/1kg. This feels like overkill. Am I right in thinking so?
>>
>>38677777
holy shit, checked
>>
>>38683087
I'm making sweet gains recombing for a year now and I always follow the 1g/lb bw or 1g/2kg bw rule

then again I'd say you have to eat more if your protein comes from inferior sources
>>
>>38683125
Could you elaborate. Are you eating at maintenance or bulking? Any tips?

Also what do you mean by inferior sources?
>>
>>38673267
That semen demon is stealing your gainz. Make her snowball you from now on
>>
>>38679596
please respond
>>
>>38683193
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIX-RyorgkQ

highest quality comes from milk, eggs and chicken. secound are all the other meat sorces. then comes soy. 4th are all the legumes, nuts and hippie grains like quinoa. 5th are all the other grains with wheat (gluten makes your dick fly off) being the worst quality.
>>
my gym doesn't have the right equipment to do OHP, so am I better off doing OHP on smith machine or using dumbbell to do OHP
>>
>>38672497
what's the best time of day to take mass gainer, before or after workout?
also, my gf is 56 kg at 160 cm, but she has a bit of a belly. Is there a way of losing fat but keeping her tits? (that's her concern btw)
>>
>>38672497
How do I improve my OHP?
>>
I fucked my back squatting last year before i discovered /fit/ it was only an 80kg warmup but where I placed it on my back caused me to not be able to lift one of my arms at a time, I had to move them symmetrically or I got intense pain. I get back pains throughout the day but they are very very minor and was wondering if I should start squatting again as I love squatting. I didn't go to get an X-ray and was told it was a pulled muscle yet I still get back pains??
>>
>>38677120
I don't know about worst, but I let my lower back round on the very last rep of lmao2pl8 DL a week and a half ago, 12 weeks in to SL because I was just so pumped I was gonna finish a difficult (for me) milestone set. Lower back got progressively more sore over a couple days to the point where it was painful and slow to put on a pair of pants. I am just now feeling almost ready to lift again, but am really nervous about squatting and especially DLing.

Not sure what program you're gonna do, but the great thing about SL is you get plenty of practice with lighter weights to practice form, but when the weights get heavy, instinct tends to take over and it becomes even more important to focus on keeping proper form. Also, my ego was definitely a factor. Luckily, it seems I just strained a muscle and didn't rupture a disk or something more severe.

Proper bracing of the core with the breath/Valsalva maneuver is paramount. Just relying on one's lower back muscles or abs to keep straight isn't nearly sufficient at higher weights.
>>
>>38672497
Generally pants are either too wide in waist or too tight in thighs on me, can't wear normal clothes. what do?
>>
>>38683011
should I stick to machines then?

>maybe chalk helps?
can't use chalk. it is going to make a mess and literally no one in the gym uses it. it's a shit tier gym.

>or a different tshirt?
welp
I can't see that working
>>
Bros, what is the best way to reach my benching goal, assuming I can reach it? My goal is 2 pl8s for reps (I know that's not much to some but that's my goal for now) right now I can only do 185 for like 5 reps, only one set. I hate bench day because I am a loner with no gym bro to help spot and get gains with (which sucks). What is the best way to reach my goal?
>>
How much sleep do you get on an average night.

These days, I feel like I need 8-10 or I feel like I haven't fully recovered
>>
>>38684111
How do you manage 10 hours of sleep? That's living the dream.
>>
Sup lads, I'll start back on doing cardio tomorrow
and I need something entertaining to listen while running

What do you recommend? Got any premade playlists?
Podcasts would work too
>>
>>38684111
I aim for 6-8 but I end up being woken up by things outside my control, so I'll do 4h+2/4 or 5+1/3

It's super annoying too, you should count your blessings.
>>
>>38684137
I only get that maybe twice a week, and that's by giving up all social life.

Gym -> work -> sleep
>>
If when cutting I eat comfortably above my BMR (say +300kcals) AND I get a good amount of protein (say 0.75lb/lb bodyweight) AND I train regularly and intensely, is there still a chance I could lose considerable muscle? Or do I have all bases covered?
>>
>>38684206
We share the same way of living, hold me.

But yeah, I shoot for 8 but normally get 7 unless it's the weekend.
>>
Beginner here. Just signed up for a gym membership and was looking for a workout routine. I found Justin Bieber's routine, which seems quite good. Should I do this routine or something else?

CHEST
Alternating chest press 3x20
Chest fly 3x12
Renegade row press 3x16-20

ARMS
Seated biceps curls 3x12
Hammer curls 3x12
Barbell curls 3x12

ABS
Russian twists 3x20
Jackknifes 3x12
Decline bench leg raises 3x12

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bCqTWn7PgUY
>>
>>38684293
>I found Justin Bieber's routine,

Get out!
>>
>>38684156
I kind of like last podcast on the left
Hardcore history's pretty fun too
That being said I have shit taste, so there's that
>>
>>38683643
levis 514 pants work pretty well for me
>>
>>38682893
are there? lmao both work well doesnt matter if one day u eat a little more fat and a little less carbs.
>>
Can you have too much protein?

Apparently you're supposed to have 1g protein per lbs bodyweight per day. I'm 154 pounds and I haven't been counting my protein intake, only my calories. I'm eating at maintenance and trying to do a recomp. But the last 2 days I've been using myfitnesspal to keep track of calories and out of curiosity looked to see how much protein I'm eating and it's 170g both days! Is this too much? will it make me fat or anything? I'm trying to put on muscle but REALLY don't want to put on anymore fat, hence the maintenance calorie intake.
>>
How much weight should I increase weekly on accessory exercises like tricep push downs or barbell bicep curls? Should I be struggling with the weight?
>>
>>38684335
excess protein's just gonna be used for energy through gluconeogenisis/ stored as fat if you're running a surplus
The nitrogen'll be excreted too, so if you consistently eat a shit load of protein it might be bad for you a couple of years down the line
>>
>>38677378
Try lifting at a deficit until your lifts stall, then upping the calories.
>>
>>38684301
fack off
he's jacked af and his new music is actually good
>>
File: this-is-what-women-want.jpg (259KB, 935x1222px) Image search: [Google]
this-is-what-women-want.jpg
259KB, 935x1222px
>>38684407
Remember everyone, this is what women want.
>>
>>38684440
he looks fucking retarded with that facial hair
>>
DB bench press
Bb ohp
Pull up
Single arm cable tricep extension
DB curl

Squat
DB lunge
Deadlift
Step up

Would you add anything to either of these? Im dyel.
>>
>>38683865
Anyone?
>>
Been lifting twice a week for almost two months now.

Realistically, will I see noticeable gains by the year's end with twice a week and some dietary effort?

This isn't part of some master plan to get jacked, I just have time to life twice a week so i started doing it, some changes beyond getting a bit stronger and fitter would be nice.
>>
Will riding BMX a lot and eating get me 6pack or at least make my arms and chest look buff?
Im 18, 5'11 70kg pic related
>>
>>38684254
somebody pls
>>
>>38682762
Yes exactly, thanks bro for the reassurance
>>
Do you guys think you can you go too deep on squats?
>>
What are some workouts if I don't have access to a gym?
Got free weights and a small bench that also has leg curls but no way to squat.
>>
>>38684636
No
>>
redpill me on multivitamins. Why would you need one and, if you did, what's the best kind to get?
>>
>>38673565
Late as fuck answering this, but, I got a payment plan
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.