[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lifting belt recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: wl0002-h_1.jpg (48KB, 844x532px) Image search: [Google]
wl0002-h_1.jpg
48KB, 844x532px
Looking for recommendations for lifting belts. There's probably been a litany of threads about this and I know there are a ton of articles, but sifting through the shill articles is a pain. The harbingers that the local sporting goods stores don't seem like good ones(too thin up front), but I'm no expert. I'd appreciate some suggestions or some quality articles by actual lifters and not shills.

I probably should have been shopping for one a long time ago, but I went with the "train muh core" meme. I'm a couple months into SL 5x5 with my last completed lifts being 125 OHP, 185 Row/BP, 265 S, 280 DL. Thanks.
>>
this is from ssbbt
>>
>>38667452
BestBelts is a pretty good bet in the US. Their basic 3'' belt is a great all rounder. Lead time to get one is fucking ridiculous though.

If you can find one that's in fucking stock in your size and you're in the UK, ZuluGlove comes highly recommended.

Everything by Rogue is great in general (I don't think I've EVER heard of a disappointed customer with them) but a 4'' belt might be difficult for you to use correctly on the deadlift unless you're well over six feet tall.
>>
>>38667452
Also: do your fucking power cleans like a goddamn man you gigantic pussy.
>>
>>38667594
he's doing stronglifts
>>
>>38667533
Thanks, that confirms my suspicions on the cheapo harbingers and 80% of what I've seen on amazon. I'll probably go with something like the rogue I posted and just overnight it or 2 day. Until then I'll see what I can do until it arrives.
>>
>>38667452
I think the general consensus was the Inzer 10mm

https://www.amazon.com/Inzer-Advance-Designs-Forever-Lever/dp/B011PM4K70

also I heard you should order it NOT directly from their official page because it takes forever to ship, lol
>>
>>38667577
6'3" with a long torso, 4" shouldn't interfere, but if it does I might go turbosperg and get a 3" and swap.
>>
with those lifts you do need a belt. you'd be better of practicing your breathing and tightening your core to prevent injuries at heavier weights in the future. but if you must insist, then whatever belt you choose should be fine, you're not going to be needing anything fancy for a long time; the purpose of the belt is to help you have something to which you can push your core out to, it's not a magical back injury preventer.

either way, good luck.
>>
I got my belt from Titan and it's pretty decent. Their customer service is pretty bad though. It took 13 weeks for the belt to arrive and it was the wrong size. Then I had to wait another 15 weeks to get the correct size.
>>
>>38667658
jesus christ I would've doubled my lifts in that time
>>
>>38667655
I've been doing that, but I'd like to have it before I need it, than to find out I needed it when I didn't have it. And by most research it says that even if I do wear it, I can still be strengthening my core.
>>
>>38667452

In order of quality

SBD
Everything else

In order of price

SBD
- power gap -
Everything else

If you want to spend top dollar go for SBD, if not any of the following will do:

Inzer
Wahlander
Eleiko
Titan
Best Belt
Strength Shop

I may be missing 1-2, but either way get a 4cm width, 13mm thickness in either single prong or lever.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.