[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me start cutting, /fit/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 4L_nZBvBY5s.jpg (38KB, 450x339px) Image search: [Google]
4L_nZBvBY5s.jpg
38KB, 450x339px
I need to lose some body fat, I'm currently 5'11 at 210 pounds, and I'll like to get to around a 170-180 range. What is a effective diet that I can utilize other than eating at a low calorie deficit? I need a good plan man, anything is accepted, throw what you know works and or things you used yourself. I tried taking less calories daily but that doesn't seem to work to well, and I have been hearing about something called Keto... ;)
>>
I started with basic shit to get into the lifestyle.
Try just eating some low calorie sandwich and a few veggies and see if you can make progress with that. I went from 214 to 194 just eating basically what I did before with slightly healthier ingredients and rigor.
>>
>>38663500
>What is a effective diet that I can utilize other than eating at a low calorie deficit?
That is literally the only way you can lose weight.

>I tried taking less calories daily but that doesn't seem to work to well
Log your shit. Actually write down on paper the calorie content of the food you ate. Don't forget to take serving size into account.

>I have been hearing about something called Keto
It's a fucking meme.
>>
>>38663511
Lol, "it's a fucking meme"
Okay, ik taking less calories is obviously to best way, what I'm saying is like what are some definitive foods to stay away from and about how many calories should I be getting a day for best results?
>>
>>38663519
>what are some definitive foods to stay away from
You'll find out on your own when you look at something like peanut butter and shit your pants when you see how many calories it packs in a single tablespoon. You'll figure on your own not to eat too much of *that* or you're going to be hungry as fuck the rest of the day. Oatmeal (without sugar) is negotiably low in calories but it keeps you full for hours because of its texture.

>how many calories should I be getting a day for best results?
500 calories below your TDEE. For an average male this could be 1400-1700 calories a day depending on your height. This is in the FUCKING STICKY.
>>
>>38663552
Yeah I read the sticky lol, I just needed simplified answers or answers that could be broken down and where I can clarify if I'm reading something right or not, and I have a bunch of oatmeal, guess me and this oatmeal gonna be best friends for some time. And thanks for your help nevertheless.
>>
>>38663755
Simplified answers to what?

>What is a effective diet that I can utilize other than eating at a low calorie deficit?
I'd say no 'diet' is effective. You need to change your lifestyle, which is what >>38663552 was saying when he was talking about the calories in a tablespoon of peanut butter, and avoiding eating shit which won't fill you up.

Srsly, just go out there and read the nutritional labels on your food, get into the habit of counting calories, and maybe supplement your weight-loss with some sort of exercise.
>>
>>38663500
5"10 290lbs now at 257lbs

I can give you first hand experience with what has and has not helped me. The only other alternative to low calorie diet is the Keto diet but the only reason Keto works is because it forces you to eat foods that are low in calorie anyway but what I found was that I was only eating more and more everyday without ever feeling full. Of course I thought all this eating was counter productive since there's no way I could eat all this bacon and eggs and still be losing weight I was delusional to believe it. Get yourself a table scale and count your calories always prep your meals. Also going to the gym for 2 hours everyday helped.
>>
>>38663829
I am in a process of changing my lifestyle. I've been going to the gym 3 hours a day Monday through Friday, doing heavy lifting. I indeed lost some fat and gained muscle but I didn't lose weight I gained weight since working out but I look better than before which is weird. But I'm currently making a meal plan for myself.
>>
>>38663878
OP here again, been going since beginning of April, and I've kept at a steady pace.
>>
>>38663921
If you've been doing this since April, you need to give more focus to your diet,

And also, coming from someone at 5'11 as well, the visual difference between 210lbs and 200lbs is quite large, if that's any motivation.

I think it will help you to read over some more information. http://ss.fitness/ is a pretty good resource to supplement the sticky.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.