[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

muscle tears... how long does it take to heal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Shoulder_Deltoid_Posterior.jpg (68KB, 220x250px) Image search: [Google]
Shoulder_Deltoid_Posterior.jpg
68KB, 220x250px
My hospital sucks, they gave me muscle relaxers (soma), and anti-inflam pills.

The pain is less but I am not healed.

Told to come in for rehab... and all it was: a machine blowing hot air on my shoulder, followed by shock treatment.
No mobility tests.

So basically I can move my arm in all directions except for OHP.

Worst case, lets assume I really did snap my shit up in there:

How long am I out of the game, coach?
What can I tell these assholes at the hospital to perform on my shoulder to see whats really happening in there?
>>
>>38655092
I'm in the same exact situation you're in OP, I was doing OHPs and felt something off. Apparently it was a rhomboid strain but the pain is excruciating.. The doc told me it'd be 8 FUCKING WEEKS til it's healed properly, but fuck that you start losing muscle mass around 3 weeks..
>>
>>38655092
>a machine blowing hot air on my shoulder and shock treatment
do you live in bumfuckistan?
was it a complete tear?
>>
>>38655172
>but fuck that you start losing muscle mass around 3 weeks

Not if you eat a surplus and are natural.

Just eat enough food to not lose weight and you won't lose muscle.
>>
>>38655172
>rhomboid strain
Well, due to my shitty hospital in a country (taiwan, for long term work project) that has what Obama tried to do... the service was terrible.
So I really dont know what exactly is wrong with my shoulder. I want to go back to the gym and lift some shit... but I dont want to perma-ban my shoulder from the gym either.

Did you get a MRE?
>>
>>38655092
I tore something in my groin / leg about 6 months ago, I've just got to the point where I'm no longer collapsing under the weight of it when I walk.

Lost a shit ton of flexibility but I'm back to "normal" now. Though, if I stretch out my leg it feels like my tendon is a rubber band and is about to snap.
>>
>>38655252
So then you are not healed.. how you going to squat with that?
>>
>>38655260
Light weight.

If I don't do anything I risk my muscle growing back shorter than before.
>>
>>38655213
I dont even know if it was a tear.
All I do know that is in some positions it F'n hurts... others no problem. Like carrying home heavy groceries, no issue. But if I put my arm up like to throw a baseball... pain from shoulder to elbow.

All they would say to me is " complicated muscle area, and the pain is probably deep inside."
fuck. My guess is rotary cuff?
>>
>>38655247
>Did you get a MRE?
dammit, I mean MRI.
>>
>>38655247
I only had an x-ray done, and didn't seem like a bone issue so they assumed it was just a strain. If the pain persists, i'll probably get an MRI done. I feel the same way man, being out of the gym for weeks is going to be torture..
>>
>>38655092
I have problems from June. First two or three weeks it was really uncomfortable. Now I feel pain even after light load, like moving larger amount of documents in my work.

Long story short, after some physiotherapy and three visits of orthopedist got MRI (see pic) - slightly reduced subacromial space.

Some more physiotherapy to deal with stiff muscles caused by forward head posture, low-level laser therapy, few days ago started exercises for poor posture...

still pain on the same level... 3 months of no lifting... and continuing with physiotherapy to evade arthroscopy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.