[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grocery shopping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
Hey guys, fat fuck here. I'm about to go grocery shopping for the first time in probably 6 months. If it's relevant, I'm 6 feet tall, 230 lbs right now.

I've been sustaining my immense mass almost entirely off of Wawa and Taco Bell.

So my question to you all, what are some staples in your diet? What should i include in my cart when i shop? I'm not eating out anymore. I plan on making my meals for work on Sunday, and portioning them out for the week. So far my list includes:

-Chicken
-Pork
-Broccoli
-Spinach
-Bananas
-Cheese cubes
-Coffee
-Romaine Lettuce
-Parmesan Cheese
-Carrots
-Oranges
-Lunch Box

Am i missing something i should get? Should i take something off the list? Sorry for wasting your all's time... I just don't know who else to ask. Everyone in my family is fat, so i can't just like, call up my parents and ask.

Pic related.
>>
Buy vegs and fruits that are in season. You can do all sorts of salads, side dished and even main dishes with more vegs and you can use the fruits for snacks or for breakfast. Also oats. Ditch the cheese cubes and get some cottage cheese or low fat yoghurt.
>>
If you really like pork you can have it infrequently, but you'd be better off with chicken or fish.

Basically eat lots of vegetables prepared various ways so that you are satisfied with flavor/fullness without getting too many cals. For example, bell peppers and caramelized onions with red wine vinegar is a favorite of mine.
>>
>>38653732
kill the pork, replace cheese cubes with cottage cheese (bulla is the shit), kill the parmesan, wtf is a lunchbox? add 100% whole wheat bread, oats, and some 100% whole wheat pasta. and get some protein powder.
>>
>>38653732
Chicken brown rice broccoli repeat
>>
>>38653775
cool. cheese cubes are gone. i actually like unflavored Greek yogurt, so i added that. Will add more veggies as well.

>>38653836
I was just looking at protein/ calorie ratios for meat. seemed like pork was good. but I've scrapped it and will get some tuna instead. Thanks for the recipe tip

>>38653885
I was just going to get some Parmesan for salads (Made with the romaine). I have a food scale, so i don't mind measuring it out. (I was real into eating right for about 6 months, a year ago. and measure out everlasting). I don't eat salad dressing, and it seemed like this was a decent substitute, used sparingly (5g a day). Am i wrong about that?

And lunchbox is just literally a lunchbox, to carry my food to work in.

Thank you all so much for the advice.
>>
>>38653988
If you want to sprinkle on some parm and your diet is fairly on game then it doesn't matter that much. I ran the sloppiest cut in the fucking world once upon a time and lost the weight despite it by counting calories and maintaining a deficit.
>>
File: fitdiettldr.jpg (871KB, 1126x1001px) Image search: [Google]
fitdiettldr.jpg
871KB, 1126x1001px
>>38653732
Here ya go. Now eat less m8
>>
>>38653732
On top of the caloric restrictions and eating healthy, you can also set a money limit.
Groceries vary in price depending on where you live, of course, but you could say that you won't spend more than 10 dollars on food every day, and that way you'll have to be more careful about what you buy and you won't be tempted to just grab that snickers bar or just get that 2 liter bottle of Dr Pepper because its price is reduced, or whatever
>>
>>38654156
gotcha.

>>38654167
awesome, i was looking for that pic. thanks bud.

>>38654220
that's an interesting idea. think i might try that too.
>>
I am 6'1, 230#. Was 295. Literally cut out processed foods and food with added sugar and lost a bunch right off the bat (literally 30-40#). Get rid of most everything in boxes and you will go a long way. Drink water.

I usually hang around the 3000kCal mark daily, more for long cardio days (7+ miles).
>>
>>38654370
oh damn, nice progress. Do you plan on staying at 230? 3000kcal seems like a lot for a cut, more like maintenance. i could be wrong though.
>>
>>38654603
For my activity level, 3000kcal is still a slight deficit. I do 17-19 miles a week on the treadmill with an incline of 1.5 or more, depending on the workout. Monday-Thursday, I do a circuit workout with cardio and weights. Friday, I do a long run day and take Sat and Sunday off.

I'd like to get down to 200-210, but that is going to take some work.
>>
>>38654167

I like how dark chocolate is listed twice after all these years and nobody changed it.
>>
These are the things I normally buy

>Chicken breasts
>whole eggs or egg beaters
>frozen chopped spinach (I mix it in with beaten eggs to make scrambled eggs and omelettes)
>Fresh romaine
>Fresh spinach
>Sweet potatoes
>Canned Breen Beans
>Frozen veggies, mainly broccoli or mixes with broccoli
>Edamame
>Greek Yogurt
>Grapes
>Skim milk

Last time I went to the store I was trying to find low fat pepper jack cheese to go with my eggs, they diddnt have any though, was disappointed.
>>
>>38653732

swap out the pork for lean beef
>>
File: 1469529641105.png (75KB, 348x301px) Image search: [Google]
1469529641105.png
75KB, 348x301px
>pork
>chiken
>>
>>38655445

>Skim milk

For what purpose?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.