[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on deadlifts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: deadlift_1.jpg (24KB, 594x514px) Image search: [Google]
deadlift_1.jpg
24KB, 594x514px
Pros/cons/risks etc. Will I be OK if I do deadlifts and no other types of exercise?

Assume I am a complete beginner for argument's sake.
>>
>Will I be OK if I do deadlifts and no other types of exercise?
why would you do that?

anyway yes you would be ok
>>
it's just an exercise not rocket science, learn how to do it from some source, start with very low weight, and if you can't do it properly do mobility work for the problematic part for a time until you can
>>
Not OP, but may as well put this here:

Tell me about hook grip, what it looks like, how to start with it, etc. I'm trying to avoid mixed grip on deadlifts, but my grip for double overhand isn't great. I'd rather start hook earlier than trying to get used to it when I'm moving serious weight down the line. What do you think?
>>
Do them good form, make sure your muscles arent tight as shit, and you wont have problems with them. They work the quads, glutes, and almost the entire back.
>>
>>38633566
I think you should just use double overhand. Let your grip be your limiting factor if need be. You aren't competing, you don't need 1 rep maxes and fancy grips. Use less weight and do more reps.
>>
>>38633153
>redpill

back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>38633566
I always use hook grip when my normal grip is getting weak. Do Farmer Walks to strengthen your grip m8.
>>
>>38633153
It's a useless exercise invented by the jews to keep the burly chaps slow and to depress their spines, so they use more money on physical therapy.
>>
>>38633153
I dont deadlift but heres my point of view
Pros:
>one of the best exercises for posterior chain
>huge carry over to squat
>carry over to strength based sports
>increased hypertrophy in forearms, traps, upper back etc etc

cons:
>snap city
>basically gives you a reverse V-taper
>heavily taxes CNS(problem if youre doing squats the same day)
>have to have textbook form for every set
>>
>>38633805
>Carryover to squat
Maybe a quarter squat
>carryover for strength based sports
cleans and power cleans are always better
>Increased hypertrophy in upper body
Why not just do farmer's walk and yoke?

>Snap city
Only if you are a complete idiot
>reverse taper
So?
>Fries CNS
Eat more, sleep more
>Textbook form every set
No.
>>
Film yourself. I always thought my back was straight until I watched myself
>>
The thing about deadlifts is that you have to build up the structural integrity to be good at them.

That's true of all lifts but especially the deadlift, since you can wreck yourself by doing too much too fast.

Think of the deadlift as being about building core stability and tendon strength. If you train them high volume with that sort of focus, you will train yourself to be able to safely handle bigger loads than if you just go in there thinking "I am going to lift as much weight as possible with form roughly like what I saw on youtube."

Tbh senpai, this is the difference between people who actually get good at deadlifting vs. people who post 135-225 form videos for ever and can never "Get it right."

They think they need to perfect their form and then suddenly they'll be able to lift tons, that's not how it works. They need to build up the damned structure to facilitate it, and that's gonna take months, years etc.
>>
>>38633153
I think it's best you just kill yourself right now, just to be on the safe side.
>>
>>38633153
risks:
>heavy back damage
pros
>avoidable if u use "push away from earth with your legs" and proper form
>great all around exercise
>test of true strenght
>builds powerfull core, back and legs
>>
>>38633860
>>reverse taper
>so?
Not everyone wants to look like a woman.
>>
>>38635595
>>38633805
reverse vtaper? what?
>>
>>38635606
∧taper
>>
>>38635606
Deadlifts make your waist thicker and give you a thicker ass and legs.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.