[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Back pain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1456782600519.jpg (78KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
1456782600519.jpg
78KB, 583x583px
>start lifting, become dyel
>after 6 months, take vacation
>strain back deadlifting
>hurt back more squatting a week later
>lower back pain every time I bend over or squat
>go easy on squats, stop deadlifting
>goes on for weeks
>finally take 3 weeks off to heal
>back still hurts
>squat dropped from 225 to 155

What the fuck do I do to fix this? I ice and stretch all the time but my lower back and obliques still hurt when I bend over or sit a long time. Will it ever go away?
>>
go to the doctor?
>>
>>38630107
I won't have health insurance for another month. Anything to do in the meantime?
>>
deadlift meme claims another victim

every day

you can injure your back deadlifting and not even know it until you go pickup a lightweight object days later and throw your back out. that's why weightlifting injury rates seem low is 99% of the injuries manifest themselves doing something else then they blame it on their job or sports.

bottom line is heavy lifting is retarded. do more reps less weight and feel the burn
>>
File: 1463419164754.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1463419164754.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>38630148
>posting without reading the OP
>>
>>38630148
Oh great it's this guy again.

Find me a person who has lifted heavy with good form to whom what you claim happens has happened. You fucking won't. Because it doesn't happen.

Just admit that you catback dl'd your way to a hefty surgical bill because you were 300lbs overweight and fuck off back to /r9k/.
>>
>>38630265
he said he injured his back deadlifting and is still injured from it. what part do you think this from? tomatard
>>
OP, everyone else is going to argue about heavy vs light weight, so I'll try to help. I have a similar issue, but I don't think it's your obliques hurting you, it's probably your piriformis muscle. Get a tennis or lacross ball, and look up piriformis muscle massages/stretches, which'll hopefully help you. I'm slowly recovering too, and it sucks.
>>
>>38630334
google it. heavy lifting injuries are fucking rampant. nearly every well known long time lifter has suffered multiple catastrophic injuries. the rest are normal people who give up after severely fucking their back and you never hear from them again because they quit. the internet has a way of breeding like minded people and you're one of the many victims of it
>>
>>38630343
>>38630148
You clearly didn't read because I asked for help, not your shitty opinion.
>>
File: 1462945576998.png (15KB, 477x539px) Image search: [Google]
1462945576998.png
15KB, 477x539px
>>38630462
I didn't ask your opinion for the type of response you want either my little meme victim
>>
>>38630366
Thanks, I'll make sure to try it.
>>
>>38630376
Nearly every well known long time lifter is a competitive athlete. Competitive athletes injure themselves in the pursuit of a better competitive performance. They don't give a fuck about their health as long as they're able to perform.

It's perfectly safe to lift heavy with correct technique, and the benefits are undeniable. It might actually be said that humans aren't physiologically normal without it. If you don't want to that's fine - it's your life to waste. But for the love of God go and bitch about it somewhere else like the rest of the fatties, orthorexic weirdos, and amateur doctors do.
>>
>>38630101
lowe back injuries take a hella long time to heal, I went to physio, waste of time and money, just do some bodyweight lower back exercises that dont cause you pain and stick to the machines when training legs for a bit.
>>
>>38630148
>deadlift meme claims another victim
Deadlifts and squats are a fucking disaster waiting to happen. I can't imagine why anyone old enough to know injury and permanent damage would agree to try them even once.
>>
>>38630101
I've had lower back pain a few times and it was really painful. Same reasons you are (squatting and deadlifting) but I think I had messed up a disk. I stayed away from both for a good while to heal. I did the best I could to work around my pain. Still worked calves. Used leg machines like extensions and did weighted lunges. For back, I didnt work on my lower back till the pain completely went away but I did what I could like one arm rows, pull ups, and as the pain went away I started off lower back with hyperextensions for the lower back. Get a weight belt to help keep your form will you have pain. It's scary to go through but over time the pain went away and I've gained back all my strength. If you have any questions just ask.
>>
>>38630462
Get a foam roller and a lacrosse ball or rollout peanut. I have had back injuries that would have taken a few weeks to heal without these tools heal in days.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.