[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dat feel when you look good in the mirror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: cat-sees-lion-mirror[1].jpg (126KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
cat-sees-lion-mirror[1].jpg
126KB, 768x768px
but you look ugly as shit in pictures, and the picture is supposed to be more accurate than the mirror, it hurts...
>>
>>38629946
Pictures being more accurate than mirrors doesn't even make any sense
>>
I literally know this feel. Every once in a while i'll take a decent pic that reflects how i see myself in the mirror. But 99% of the time pictures of me look a lot worse to the point I dont even want to look at them. But lots of ex gfs etc have said im attractive. Is not being photogenic an actual thing?
>>
>>38629946
If you are in fact good looking, you've been told A LOT by both genders. Like me.

If not, you may just be perfectly average.
>>
>>38629984
This. I look like I have down syndrome in candid photos, but mirror selfies I look decent.
>>
>>38630039
I somehow look decent both on selfies and photos taken by other people. On the other hand I'm really fucking ugly irl. what the fuck
>>
>>38629946
I remember reading about this and how people don't like the way they look on camera versus reflections is because one is flipped and not how you're accustomed to seeing yourself
>>
>>38630064
That's retarded
I wonder what retard started this shit
>>
>>38629946
>and the picture is supposed to be more accurate than the mirror, it hurts...
That makes literally no sense.And I look much better on the front face cam of my phone than when I take a picture my mirror reflection.
>>
>>38630103
You're retarded, a quick Google search would confirm what I said as truth with a handful of studies to back up the claim
>>
>>38629946
A picture is only one lens. It's not "accurate".
>>
>>38630039
Mang pls go
>>
>get told im attractive by people all the time irl
>literally hate myself in pictures
>pictures of yourself grow ever more important because of social media and online dating
im not cut out for this new world lads
>>
>>38630131
lel
>>
Your brain manipulates how you see yourself in reflections, in the extreme cases this can manifest in body dis-morphia i.e. thinking you're bigger than you are, thinking you're fat when you're not etc.
There is also the point already made that reflections are a mirror image and will therefore look different to a photo taken of you.
>>
>>38629984
At least somebody tells you that you are attractive...
>>
>>38630064

Yes. Basically you spend your entire life looking into mirrors multiple times a day on average. You get used to seeing what is, literally, a mirror flipped image of your actual face.
So when you see yourself in a photograph you see every slight bit of asymmetry magnified twice to the other side which can have a very jarring effect and make you look pretty damn ugly to yourself.
Seriously go check out your teeth in a photo or even in a double mirror if you can set it up. Any slight asymmetrical feature will suddenly be very jarring.

If someone stood behind you when you used a mirror and looked at the reflection they'd see it too.

You also have differences in lenses, lighting and just plain being bad at posing for photos.

What you see in the mirror is pretty much what people see irl.
>>
>>38632226
>What you see in the mirror is pretty much what people see irl.
Hope it's true.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.