[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Squats thought experiment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: leg-extension.jpg (142KB, 620x363px) Image search: [Google]
leg-extension.jpg
142KB, 620x363px
If you do nothing but progressively heavily Leg Extensions, Lying Leg Curls, Calf Raises and Leg Presses for 1 year, never doing a Squat...

Will you, after said year, be able to squat decent weight as if you had been squatting the whole year?
>>
>>38624442
No.
>>
Is the lifter able to squat decent weight before this experiment?

If so, probably ya. Provided they maintain the mobility needed for it and the core and back strength
>>
>>38624442
no
>>
>>38624457
Not even squatting 'decent' weight? The lifter will probablt develop good quads/hams. Why won't this new muscle development help squat some decent weight?
>>
>>38624522
You place a heavy-ass bar on your traps. Your whole body braces to keep you straight. As you go down, you hold your breath and your lungs/diaphragm push against your core muscles which contract and maintain tightness so that you can sit straight down and get up.

You'll get none of that doing your meme exercises. Plus, the pic you have in your OP is quite possibly the most terrible exercise for your knees.

Most importantly, you'll never hit your spinal erectors and hip flexors, which are extremely hard to hit well with anything except high bar ATG squats.
>>
It wont be bad, but you sure as hell wouldn't squat better doing that than just training squats.
>>
>>38624442
I've been doing a ppl routine that includes squatting without squatting for a little more than a month just doing leg presses and hamstring curls for legs
tried to squat yesterday for the first time and managed to get a plate and a half up and down 5 times for 3 sets
>>
File: 1473232996910.jpg (184KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473232996910.jpg
184KB, 1080x1080px
>>38624442
You don't practice ping-pong in order to play tennis a year from now. It's not the same sport, even if it seems similar. You don't do all that shit to get better at squats, you do squats to get good a squats.
>>
>>38624442
Day one? Absolutely not. After eight weeks? Maybe.
>>
File: smilelaugh.jpg (99KB, 798x798px) Image search: [Google]
smilelaugh.jpg
99KB, 798x798px
>>38624710
>back extensions literally isolates erectors and you can add weight later to grow them further than would be possible with squats. (dynamic vs static contraction)
>leg raises (literally best for hip flexors if you do it from the hip)
>''the lying on my back and pushing weight with my legs'' machine, which does everything else with added bonus of keeping your spine aligned like God intended.

To be strong guy, well above average, with huge legs, you dont need to do a squat in your life.
>>
>>38624442
Why do you want to squat if your doing those movements already?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.